Several times, there are flight delays because of unpredictable incidents. They are managed in accordance with the Aer Lingus flight delay policy. The guidelines, reasons, and reimbursement for a trip’s delay are all included in this framework. Furthermore, it discusses how one can apply for assistance in these times.
What are the Regulations of Aer Lingus Delay Policy?
Some rules serve as the foundation for the framework used to manage disrupted flights:
- A flier is provided with timely information regarding the delay.
- Whenever possible, he/she is booked on the next available trip.
- This carrier tries to offer services like meals and accommodation to support fliers.
- They may claim a complete refund of their ticket value.
- Monetary compensation is offered depending on:
- Distance of the flight
- Duration of Aer Lingus delays
What is the US Tarmac Delay Plan?
Any disruption of departure time while on the runway is covered by the tarmac plan.
- It is inclusive of flights that are only to/from airports in the United States.
- The maximum duration for the plane to halt on the runway is 4 hours from the original departure time.
- Then the fliers are asked to deboard.
- This duration increases if:
- A safety/security-related reason is prompted by the pilot.
- Any recommendations by the air traffic control occur.
- This contingency plan for managing runway delays is coordinated with:
- Airport authorities terminal
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
Services Offered by the US Tarmac Delay Plan
This air operator has kept aside adequate resources to provide support at the time of Aer Lingus delays on the tarmac.
- After 30 minutes from the original departure, information on the details of the delay is given.
- Subsequently, in 30-minute intervals, the details of deboarding are provided.
- Water and food are served no later than two hours after the flight’s departure/arrival.
- This service is banned in the event of security or safety threats.
- For runway disruption, other services include:
- Adequate restroom facilities
- Necessary medical attention
Why do Aer Lingus Flight Delays Occur?
The following situations can lead to disruptions such as delays or even flight cancellations on Aer Lingus:
- Unmanageable technical/mechanical challenges
- Guidelines enforced by air traffic control agents
- Unit operating failures
- Drastic weather changes
What if Aer Lingus Delayed Baggage?
It does happen occasionally for a passenger’s luggage to be lost or delayed. A set protocol is followed to contain the inconvenience caused due to delayed baggage on Aer Lingus.
- Passengers ought to report the delayed luggage at the earliest.
- There are two ways to report the disrupted baggage arrival:
- Through the official website
- At the airport kiosk immediately after arrival
After receiving your report, the operator will send an email, with the “Bag Tracing Number” and further procedure.
While reporting delayed baggage you will need to keep the following documents:
- Flight’s booking reference
- Tag number of the baggage provided during flight check-in
- Personal contact details for the carrier to connect with you
- Luggage delivery address
Is there Aer Lingus Compensation for Delayed Baggage?
This carrier offers Aer Lingus delayed baggage compensation and is liable in sync with the “Montreal Convention”.
- Travelers are reimbursed for expenses incurred for essential items.
- You need to keep all the receipts to support your claims.
The table below highlights an average amount per day but varies from individual to individual:
|Delayed Baggage Timeline||Amount (Average per day)|
|Day 0 to 2||Euro 50|
|Day 3 to 7||Euro 30|
|Day 8 to 21||Euro 20|
Settling Baggage-Related Concerns
Run the official website of this carrier and try to connect over “Facebook Messenger”. A virtual assistant is available for 24 hours to assist the users.
- Keep an eye out for the “Support” button and select it.
- On the fresh webpage, hit on the “Facebook Messenger” icon.
- After the chat window loads, tap on “Start Chat”.
- Log in via any one of the following methods:
- “Continue as Guest”
- “Use Messenger”
- Select “Baggage Info” to start the process.
- Following it, pick “Delayed/Missing Bags”.
- For other doubts look for relevant actions.
When is Aer Lingus Delayed Flight Compensation Available?
The Aer Lingus flight delay policy provides appropriate compensation to lessen their discomfort. It is given as per the conditions mentioned in EU Regulation 261/2004:
- You are eligible to obtain compensation when you have the following bookings:
- Purchased a ticket available to the public.
- Issued the ticket using:
- The Frequent Flyer Program or
- Commercial Program
- Your booking is confirmed by the operator and checked in before the given cutoff.
- This airline is scheduled to run the flight.
- Moreover, it covers a flight that is to depart from a European airport.
- It includes any “Community Air Carrier” running a flight (from a foreign country to a European airport).
Fliers can seek Aer Lingus compensation delay in cash if:
- They are late by more than 3/three hours in reaching their final destination.
- The delay results due to a factor that the operator could have controlled.
Depending on how far the flight is, passengers can receive the following amount:
|Flight Distance||Amount Compensated|
|1,500 km or less||EUR 250|
|Flights between 1,500 km-3,500 km “Intra-Community” flights over 1,500 km||EUR 400|
|Other route lengths||EUR 600|
The Aer Lingus flight delay compensation is reduced by 50% for flights over 3,000 km when:
- Rerouting is set up for the final location.
- The arrival time is less than four hours from the initial arrival time.
Other Services Offered
This operator is further ready to help its customers in relieving their discomfort when the departure time is delayed by:
|Delay (in Hours)||Type of Flight||Distance (in km)|
|2 or more||Regular flights||1500 or more|
|3 or more||Intra-Community||Over 1500|
|3 or more||Other||1500-3500|
|4 or more||Other||Not specified|
A flier can expect the Aer Lingus delay compensation services listed below:
- Depending on how long you wait, meals, as well as refreshments, are provided.
- It facilitates communications by offering:
- 2 phone callsTelex/fax messages
- When the delayed flight’s departure time is one day later, fliers can get:
- Accommodations facilities for halting overnight
- Transportation service between the airport and the accommodation location
How to Claim Aer Lingus Flight Delay Compensation?
There are multiple ways for obtaining Aer Lingus compensation for delays. Travelers can make the claim online or offline.
Method 1: Via the “Post Travel Enquiry” Form
This operator has designed the Aer Lingus delayed flight compensation form for its customers to make such claims. Visit its official site and follow the instructions here:
- Locate the “Search” button on the top panel of the main page.
- Click it and the “Support” web page will load.
- In the search box, type:
- “Post Travel Enquiry”
- Press the “Search” button.
- Select “Post Travel Enquiry” for the search results.
- On the next page, you will have to complete the form.
- To finish up the Aer Lingus delay claim, add the following details:
- “Case Number” (if available)“Contact Information”“Flight information (If Applicable)”
- “Additional Customers (If Applicable)”
- Under the “Issue” section, fill in the rest of the details.
- When necessary, fill in “Comments”.
- Check the box given for adding bank details.
- Add all the required documents to complete the compensation form.
- Review and hit on “Submit” to mark the end.
Method 2: Over-Call with Airline Agent
According to the Aer Lingus flight delay policy, Distressed travelers can contact the airline’s on-call representative if they have the following bookings:
- Confirmed bookings purchased via the carrier’s web portal
- Reservations made with assistance from the “Reservation Team”
- Any schedule that has a connecting trip with a different carrier
Affected passengers can use their nation’s contact number to dial the call center:
Operation Hours (Agents Speaking Native Language from Monday to Friday)
The United Kingdom
0333 004 5000
(01) 761 7834
+1 516 622 4222
+ 0061 2 8349 9876
Continental Europe Nations
+351 21 366539
+41 44 52 46 766
+31 707 006 106
Dutch: 09:00-17:00 (CET)
+33 18 69 95 728
+39 06 89 38 65 02
Italian: 09:00-17:00 (CET)
+35 23 42 08 09 055
+32 25 85 52 43
+49 69 94 51 89 915
German: 09:00-17:00 (CET)
+43 12 06 09 26 75
+34 918 362265
Spanish: 09:00-17:00 (CET)
Method 3: Going to Carrier’s Local Office
Regional offices have upskilled team members of this airline to look through Aer Lingus flight delays and compensation.
- Do not delay in reaching out to them.
- Carry your reservation details with you.
- Explain to them about the disruption.
- They will help you understand any applicable formalities.
- Further, they will provide you with eligible compensation.
Method 4: Connecting with a Third-Party Representative
To learn about the compensation policies for reservations made through third-party websites or travel agencies, get in touch with them.
- Give them the details about the reservation.
- Provide them with the duration of the delay.
- Inform them about any expenses you incurred.
The agent will assist by contacting the carrier to make a claim for any service or monetary compensation.
Can I Get an Aer Lingus Delayed Flight Refund?
When a plane’s departure is late by no less than 5 hours (or more) from its original take-off time, fliers can ask for an Aer Lingus delay refund.
This facility is based on the “Involuntary Refunds” regulations which cover:
- If no segment of the reservation was utilized, the refund includes a sum equivalent to:
- Ticket price
- Any taxes, charges, or fees levied by the government and carrier
- When a segment of the booking was used, the refund will be equal to:
- Differences in ticket prices any taxes, costs/fees imposed by the airline and government
- Appropriate fee for flying between the locations specified on the ticket
Clearing Aer Lingus Flight Delay Concerns
It can be unsettling when there are Aer Lingus flight delays. To clear any doubts, chat with an online agent of this carrier.
|Chat Platform||Text Number/Links|
|+353 87 1508593|
In a nutshell, this framework is intended to act in the event of unavoidable circumstances. The Aer Lingus flight delay policy is used by both the carrier and the traveler to better manage the situation.
Frequently Asked Questions
This policy helps travelers to get compensation and refund for their delayed flights.
Although money-back is available for late flights, for voucher refunds you will have to contact this airline.
This questionnaire is available on the airline’s official website.
Yes, the Aer Lingus delayed flight refund is available for disruptions for 5 hours or more.
Travelers can use the WhatsApp text number +353 87 1508593 to seek help for making claims.
For the USA, dial (516) 622-4222, and for other numbers, visit the official site of the operator to get details.
Yes, when the departure of the flight is scheduled for the next day, the airline provides accommodation.
There is a “US Tarmac Delay Plan” for such events before/after departure on the runway.
For 8-21 days, the delayed baggage reimbursement is Euro 20. This amount is on a per-day basis.
Passengers can take help from the virtual assistant via “Facebook Messenger” to request refunds.
Locate the “Post Travel Enquiry” form on the website. This works as the compensation form for late flights.