As an air passenger of Breeze, it is vital to understand its guidelines for luggage. The Breeze Airways baggage policy has detailed specifications that a passenger must know. It is useful to its guests when they plan their trips. They can get an idea of the overall charges, restrictions, and additional allowances.
- Breeze Airways Baggage Allowance Policy
- Breeze Airways Carry-On Policy
- Getting Your Personal Item on Breeze Airways
- Pet Carriers and Luggage
- Breeze Airways Checked Baggage Policy
- Breeze Airways Checked Baggage Size/Weight
- Breeze Airlines Military Baggage Allowance
- How to Add Bags to Your Breeze Airways Reservation?
- Breeze Airways Baggage Fees
- Breeze Airways Baggage Policy for Sports Equipment
- Breeze Airways Regulations for Assistive Devices
- Breeze Airways Restricted and Prohibited Items
- Settling Queries Relating to Goods
- Clearing Concerns Directly with the Airline
- Breeze Airways Policy for Damage/Delay of Baggage
Breeze Airways Baggage Allowance Policy
To keep it resourceful, the air operator has created a policy explaining what guests can and cannot carry with respect to physical aspects. Limitations such as size and weight are explained.
- Passengers are permitted 3/three types of luggage and they are:
- Personal item
- Checked bag
- There can be Breeze Airways baggage size and weight restrictions for both carry-on and checked luggage.
- Personal items need to be measured under the carrier’s standard measurement.
- Extra charges are added to the fees when you exceed the limitations.
- The fare type of the guest determines the quantity of luggage allowed.
- It has special provisions for specific items like sports gear.
- Military personnel have an extra bag allowance under special provisions of this airline.
- Mobility aids are transported for free when packed separately from checked bags.
Breeze Airways Carry-On Policy
Luggage stored underneath the front seat of the passenger or in an overhead chamber is termed carry-on. Passengers are permitted to have carry-ons with them on the plane. The operator permits one bag per passenger.
When booking a “Nice” fare, customers must purchase a carry-on as it is not included.
The bag is included for:
- Nicer Fare
- Nicest Fare
The permitted Breeze Airways carry-on size and weight are:
|Maximum dimension (including handles and wheels)||24 x 14 x 10 inches|
|Maximum weight||35 pounds|
Getting Your Personal Item on Breeze Airways
Other than cabin luggage, the carrier has provisions for personal items. One item is allowed for all fare types on board without charge. It can be:
- Laptop Bag
- Small Backpack
Any kind of personal item must fit under the seat directly in front of the passenger. The policy doesn’t state any specific weight limit for these. But such items should not exceed the maximum Breeze Airways personal item size of 17 x 13 x 8 inches.
Pet Carriers and Luggage
This airline company is known to allow passengers to bring their pets on board. Hence, guests can fly peacefully with their furry friends. There are rules in place to keep things running smoothly, especially for their carriers.
The highlights of the pet policy are discussed below:
- Each animal carrier is charged $75 for each segment of the itinerary.
- According to the rules of the breeze airways pet policy , carriers are considered a passenger’s carry-on item.
- They must fit precisely beneath the seat in front of the traveler.
- Guests are authorized to carry one personal item on board, including pet carriers.
- The measurements of the standard and extended legroom seats are 17 x 8 x 13 inches.
- As a result, the carrier for pets must not exceed that space.
Note: Animal creates cannot fit beneath the First-class seats of the airline.
Breeze Airways Checked Baggage Policy
Checked bags are allowed for all passengers. For some fare types, it is included, and for others, it needs to be purchased.
The table below gives more information on the permissible number of bags as per the Breeze Airways baggage policy:
|Fare Type||Baggage Allowance|
|Nice||Not included (charges apply)|
Note: Additional bags are considered excess luggage.
Breeze Airways Checked Baggage Size/Weight
Air operators tend to follow a fixed limit for checked luggage. The overall dimension allowed by this carrier for the same is less than 62 linear inches. The weight should not exceed 50 pounds.
When the Breeze Airlines baggage weight exceeds the standard weight and size, it will be classified as overweight or oversized. Luggage exceeding 80 linear inches (in total length, breadth, and height) or weighing more than 99 pounds won’t be accepted.
Breeze Airlines Military Baggage Allowance
This carrier has specific guidelines for military luggage allowance. Active travelers in this category can benefit from this provision.
- They are permitted to bring one carry-on and two checked bags for free.
- While booking, active military personnel do not have to add bags.
- They can walk to the airport and check-in at the ticket counter.
- Valid identification cards must be presented at the counter to avail of the allowance.
- After the verification of identity, active members can receive their free luggage.
- The weight restriction for carry-on is 35 lbs and 99 lbs for checked bags.
Note: The Breeze Airways military baggage allowance is only for active members. Retired, ROTC, family of active personnel have to pay regular charges.
How to Add Bags to Your Breeze Airways Reservation?
Passengers can buy bags while purchasing their tickets. If you want to modify a reservation and add them, then you may do so 4/four hours before departure.
Under the Breeze Airlines baggage policy, to add or modify the kind of bag on a reservation:
To add or modify the kind of bag on a reservation:
- Visit this airline’s authorized web portal.
- Sign in to the “Breeze Guest” account that was used to make the reservation.
- Go to the “My Trips” tab to get a list of your bookings.
- Choose your preferred reservation.
- Find and choose the “View Flight Options” box.
- After that, select the “Edit Guest Bags” option.
- Add the number of checked and carry-on baggage you want to include.
- Prices will be shown on this page.
- Remove any bags that you no longer require.
- You may even change the luggage for one leg of a round-trip reservation.
- When you are done adding or modifying, click “Save Changes”.
- If it prompts “Included,” the bag is combined with the fare class (nonrefundable).
- You can now check out and pay.
Furthermore, travelers must understand the following terms of the Breeze Airways baggage policy:
- Travelers can buy up to 3 checked bags online.
- Any luggage added at the airport will be counted as extra.
- Bags that are removed during check-in are reimbursed to your account as BreezePoints.
- They cannot be removed less than 24 hours before departure.
- The unused ones will not be refunded.
Breeze Airways Baggage Fees
This airline doesn’t provide any specific fees for this service. The charge for any luggage is subject to the type of trip, start location, destination, and number of guests. To get the accurate cost of the baggage, you need to use their “Bag Price Calculator”.
Travelers must add luggage options 4/four hours before the scheduled departure of the flight. According to the medium, adding the option will cost you the following Breeze baggage fees :
|Four hours before the scheduled departure (website or mobile app)||$50|
|Guest Empowerment Team Member:||$50|
|Airport Team Member||$50|
Oversize and Overweight Bag Fees
Checked luggage that exceeds the weight and dimension standards is classified as overweight and oversized. One that is longer than 80 linear inches (in total length, width, and height) or weighs more than 99 pounds will not be allowed.
The overweight and oversized Breeze Airways checked baggage fees range are discussed in the following table:
|Weight/Size Range||Applicable Fee (Added to the Bag Price)|
|51 to 71 pounds||$20|
|71 to 99 pounds||$50|
|63 to 80 overall inches||$50|
Note: The price is applied per passenger on each segment of the itinerary.
Breeze Airways Baggage Policy for Sports Equipment
Sporting gear is permitted on flights of this operator. Sports equipment is permitted when they meet the carry-on and checked luggage regulations of weight and size. Additionally, travelers must sign a “Limited Liability Release” form while checking any sports gear.
The list of permitted and restricted sports and games gear is given in the table below:
|Permitted Sporting Items||Restricted Sports Items|
|Balls: checked bag or carry-on||Bicycles|
|Baseball: checked luggage only||Windsurfing equipment|
|Archery: checked bag||Paintball compressed gas cylinders|
|Bowling: both checked or carry-on||Surfboards|
|Camping: Sleeping bags, backpacks, and knapsacks allowed||Javelin/pole vaulting equipment|
|Boogie boards, Bodyboards, Wakeboard, and Skimboards||Scuba tanks (empty or full)|
|Paintball: Checked luggage||Large archery targets|
|Scuba: Both cabin and checked bag||Paddleboards|
|Golf: Checked baggage||Canoes|
|Parachute: Both hand and checked bag||Camping stoves|
|Martial Arts: Checked bag||Boats|
|Lacrosse: Both checked bag or carry-on||Sculls|
|Hockey: Checked luggage only||Fuel|
|Firearms and Ammunition: Checked baggage||Flares|
|Fishing: Both checked or carry-on||Kayaks|
|Ski and Snowboard Equipment: checked baggage only|
|Football: both checked or carry-on|
|Kitesurfing Boards: checked bag only|
|Water Ski Equipment: checked bag|
|Tennis: both checked or carry-on|
- Other than through the Breeze Airlines baggage policy, learn the details of the permitted sports goods by visiting the official website Breeze Airways.
- Equipment that exceeds the regular weight or measurements will be considered:
- Charges will be applied when the standard limitations are surpassed.
- Hockey, golf, and lacrosse are exempt from the oversized baggage fee.
Note: It is best to read the guidelines of TSA also before you plan to fly with any of the above-mentioned sporting equipment.
Breeze Airways Regulations for Assistive Devices
This carrier tries to offer the best facilities to its guests for a comfortable journey. Considering the mobility of differently-abled passengers, the carrier allows assistive devices for free.
The below-given mobility aids are permitted for free when packaged separately:
Any mobility device that can fit underneath the seat or overhead chamber is permitted on board.
Additionally, the following specifications of the Breeze Airways baggage policy are related to the safe transportation of mobility aids:
- This carrier’s aircraft has doors that measure 35″ x 43″.
- Hence, it will only be capable of handling devices that fit within these dimensions.
- When necessary, some aids can be dismantled.
- The carrier will reassemble your device when you reach the destination.
Note: It is advised that passengers using scooters or electric wheelchairs check in at least 45 minutes before the departure time.
Breeze Airways Restricted and Prohibited Items
Keeping in mind the safety of the entire flight, the air operator has strict regulations for items that are allowed on board. It also follows the guidelines set by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
This airline completely prohibits the admission of the following items:
- Live Lobster
- Engine-powered equipment (purged of fuel)
- EPIRB (Emergency Position-Indicating Radiobeacons)
- Metal Detector
- Solar Panels
- Segway (allowed as an assistive device)
- Reptiles or other small pets
Note: In case they are found in baggage, actions such as flight cancellations can be observed.
The Breeze Airways baggage policy follows the rule: TSA 3-1-1. It allows:
- and pastes in carry-on bags.
Such items must be stored in containers that carry no more than 100 ml/3.4 fluid ounces. To get through the security checkpoint, these containers should be put in a single transparent resealable bag. Each passenger is limited to one quart-sized transparent resealable bag.
Dry ice below 5.5 pounds may be checked with proper labeling. Further, TSA has described in detail how to carry restricted items. It has even specified whether the object is allowed as carry-on or checked baggage.
The table below gives an overview of the items that are discussed on the official TSA website:
|Flammable||Firearms||Food||Medical||Household Tools, and Electronics||Sharp Objects|
|Arc Lighters |
|BB guns||Alcoholic beverages||Cast||Breast pumps||Crochet hooks|
|Blasting Caps||Cap guns||Baby food||Blood sugar test kit||Axes||Dart|
|CO2 Cartridge||Firearms||Breast milk||Cane||Cattle prods||Cigar cutter|
|Cigars||Flare guns||Cooked food||Contact lens and solution||Corkscrew||Kirpans|
|Cigarettes||Gun lighters||Fresh meat and seafood||EpiPens||Crowbar||Knitting needles|
|Chlorine for Pools and Spas||Holster||Coffee||External medical devices||Curling iron||Lock picks|
Passengers must thoroughly check the official TSA page to be sure about the regulations. The security body also mentions the following points:
- Eligibility for certain goods or items is decided at the checkpoint.
- Generally permitted items might not even be allowed if security screening finds them to be a threat.
- You may be instructed to power up your devices while screening.
- Any inability to do so may lead to rejection.
- The authority body will make the final decision about allowing an item to be carried.
Settling Queries Relating to Goods
When you cannot find details about something specific, connect with TSA. Passengers can even contact it for queries and doubts.
You may connect with AskTSA at:
|Medium||Official handle||Official Hours (ET)|
|Facebook Messenger||https://www.facebook.com/AskTSA||Weekdays: 8 am to 10 pm|
|https://twitter.com/AskTSA||Holidays and weekends: 9 am to 7 pm|
Clearing Concerns Directly with the Airline
For additional help to manage your booking, you can connect with this airline. You can share your luggage-related concerns and get reliable responses. Consider getting the Breeze app for this purpose or text at – 1 501 273 3931.
Or, you may use the following to reach the carrier on social media.
Breeze Airways Policy for Damage/Delay of Baggage
Delay or damage to the luggage of any traveler flying with this airline is an unfortunate scenario. With the aid of the Breeze Airways baggage policy, it tries to act right away to minimize the loss.
- The passenger must notify an “Airport Team Member” at the airport (destination).
- Ensure that you supply correct information.
- In case your contact details are incorrect, kindly look for name change facilities.
- This must be communicated within an hour of the flight’s arrival.
- Travelers to or from Canada may be entitled to compensation if their bag is damaged or lost.
- They must connect with the airline.
- Or, go to the “Canadian Transportation Agency” official site for more information.
- You may additionally check the availability of the delayed flight compensation facility to know further.
This luggage policy is an important factor to be considered while planning any vacation. The price of various types of bags, item restrictions, compensation information, and other special allowances are the top highlights of this framework.
Frequently Asked Questions
Passengers with “Nice” fares are charged for bags.
Carry-on is included in the carrier’s Nicer and Nicest fare categories.
Passengers can travel with one carry-on bag for free when they purchase a Nicer or Nicest fare ticket
No, the air operator doesn’t offer a free carry-on with a Nice fare ticket.
The carrier categorizes a backpack as a personal item.
A purse, briefcase, laptop bag, and small backpack are examples of personal items.
The Nicest fare allows guests to bring one carry-on and two checked bags.
Use the airline’s “Bag Price Calculator” to determine the exact luggage fees.
Yes, you are allowed to carry one personal item on board.
The luggage policy permits a pet carrier on board with a personal item and carry-on.
Depending on certain conditions, the operator can apply a charge for your luggage.
Yes, you can find a policy for military luggage allowance.