The Copa Airlines cancellation policy has been designed to give passengers flexibility and ease to reverse their bookings. It covers various aspects like reversal fees, eligibility for refunds, and the criterion for compensation. Even the processes of canceling a flight are discussed in detail.
- What are the Copa Airlines Cancellation Rules?
- Is there a Copa Airlines 24 Hour Cancellation Policy?
- What is Copa Airlines Cancellation Policy for COVID-19?
- What is the Cancellation Method for Passengers in Copa Airlines?
- What is the Copa Airlines Cancelation Policy for Refunds?
- Conditions Apply in the Case of Non-Refundable Tickets
- Duration of Receiving Refunds
- Eligibility Criteria When Applying for Refunds
- Limitations for Money-Back Requests
- What is Offered as Copa Airlines Cancellation Refund?
- What Information is Required for a Refund via Bank Transfer?
- Can Copa Airlines Cancel Flights?
- Is there a Copa Air Cancellation Compensation Policy?
- How to Get Compensation from Copa Airlines?
- What are Copa Airlines Cancellation Fees?
What are the Copa Airlines Cancellation Rules?
This policy works through the following rules concerning ticket revocations:
- It contains rules for different circumstances of reversals.
- Canceling a ticket can be done by the person or agency who has booked the ticket.
- Copa Airlines can reverse tickets in case there is a duplicate booking.
- This policy provides help for canceled connecting flights.
Is there a Copa Airlines 24 Hour Cancellation Policy?
The Copa Airlines 24 hour cancellation policy is available and comprises these terms:
- Customers can hold or reserve the ticket for twenty-four hours.
- Accordingly, they can discontinue it.
- The facility can be availed from the Copa Airlines official website.
What is Copa Airlines Cancellation Policy for COVID-19?
Amidst COVID-19, when a flier does not want to board the plane, he/she can cancel the ticket. This benefit may not involve any charges. For confirmation of the policy in effect, one can contact this carrier.
What is the Cancellation Method for Passengers in Copa Airlines?
Reversing tickets for Copa Airlines is possible using methods such as calling and through the website.
Method 1: By Calling the Airline
Contact the call center of Copa to cancel the reservation and learn about any restrictions. To do so, use the following phone numbers:
|Argentina||0800 800 2672|
|Colombia||57 601 3209090|
|Barbados||1 800 744 2359|
|Curazao||1 800 744 3672|
|Brazil||55 11 4933 2399|
|Costa Rica||(506) 4000 0478|
|Canada||1 647 493 5022|
|Cuba||(53) 7 204 1111|
|Chili||(562) 2573 9318|
Method 2: Through the Website
Using the website of this carrier, you can manage bookings with Copa Airlines.
- Open the site of “Copa Airlines”.
- Tap on “My Trips”.
- Select “Go to My Trips”.
- Fill in the “Reservation Code or E-Ticket Number”.
- Then add your “Last Name”.
- Click on “Find Your Reservation”.
- Soon after this, use the option to cancel Copa flights.
What is the Copa Airlines Cancelation Policy for Refunds?
For Copa Airlines cancellation refund, the customers are eligible for a full or partial amount. But in general, the conditions are:
- It will be sent to the same payment method/currency used for the ticket purchase.
- Refunds for airline tickets are aligned with fare rules.
- When applicable, it will be given in the country from where the purchase was made.
- Requests can be escalated while tickets remain valid for 1 year after the original purchase date.
- Copa Airlines have different refund policies for refundable fare and non-refundable fares.
- The amount will be given to the owner of the ticket.
- Its processing time is dependent on the means of payment while purchasing tickets.
Conditions Apply in the Case of Non-Refundable Tickets
The cancellation refund policy for non-refundable tickets comes with these terms:
- Non-refundable air tickets remain valid for 1 year from the original date of purchase.
- The flight credit remains non-transferable. It can be utilized by fliers originally.
- Used flight tickets are also not refundable.
- Partially-utilized air tickets can’t be refunded.
- In case of a passenger’s demise, refunds will be given as per the policy in effect.
- Optional products like seats/baggage:
- Can’t be considered refundable
- Fall under the terms of ticket purchase
- One can request money back from the source of the ticket purchase.
Duration of Receiving Refunds
As per the policy, the refund duration and source are:
- Your amount will be credited to the original source of payment.
- There is a time span of 8 weeks for payment to show up in the bank statement.
- For credit, a card refund will show up in the account within the next 2 statements.
- It is dependent on the billing cycle of the company.
- In the case of cash payment, the money is returned to the customer immediately.
- When involving cheque payment, it is granted in the same way within 10 business days.
- If customers apply for a refund after 30 days of issuing tickets, they get immediate cash.
Eligibility Criteria When Applying for Refunds
Copa Airlines cancellation refund has a list of eligibility options in case of applying for money-back:
- The ticket holder can apply for the amount with proof of purchase like an invoice.
- Customers can also apply for it as per their country’s regulations.
- If the passenger falls ill, then the refund policy will apply the fare rule.
- In case of the death of the ticket holder, the letter must include:
- The family member’s name
- And, the relationship with the customer.
- In the case above, the spouse’s children and parents are eligible as family members.
Limitations for Money-Back Requests
Given the following scenarios, passengers can face limitations when asking for refunds post cancellations.
- The validity of the ticket has expired.
- Passengers ask for reimbursement in a country that is outside their home country.
- They are not able to produce proof of permanent residence.
- Considering the country, taxes, fees, and airport charges are non-refundable.
- Additional fees for refund processing might be applicable.
What is Offered as Copa Airlines Cancellation Refund?
There are 2 options that customers can use to refund requests at their convenience:
- Keeping the ticket for future use
- Proceed with the refund application
Option 1: Keep a Ticket and Use it Later
When selecting this option, the following provisions are observed:
- The customers get to change the date of the journey at their convenience.
- They get a validity of 1 year for the ticket value applicable from the original date of purchase.
- Call this airline for assistance when involved:
- Partially used or redemption ticket holders
Option 2: Apply for Ticket Refunds
These are conditions applied when customers apply for Copa Airlines cancellation refund under this option:
- Additional services cannot be refunded.
- A duplicate cost or incorrect price is not refundable.
- If the customer purchases a ticket via a travel agency, they have to contact the same.
- When the ticket has been purchased through Copa Airlines, fill up the “Refund Request Form”.
- To find this form, search for the “Copa Refund Request” page on the browser.
- Using the same page, the status of the request can be checked.
- Otherwise, use the following ways to seek refunds:
|Mode of Purchasing Tickets||Method for Refund Application|
|Sales office of this airline||Through the sales office|
|Travel agent||Via the same travel agency|
|Website of this carrier||“Reservation Center” of Copa|
What Information is Required for a Refund via Bank Transfer?
A customer can request a refund via bank transfer by sharing the following documents:
- Copy of identity card/passport of the applicant and passengers within the reservation.
- Bank certification applies to all countries.
- Copies of void cheques or savings certifications (applicable to the USA).
- In case of third-party payment: submit a letter from the passenger authorizing the payment.
Can Copa Airlines Cancel Flights?
In certain instances, the carrier can revoke your booking. The reasons why Copa cancel flights can include:
- Not confirming the ticket
- Coronavirus-related instances
- Safety issues
- Non-compliance from a passenger
- Providing incorrect passenger information
- Exceeding payment timeframes under the service “Reserve and Save my Itinerary for 24 Hours”
- Other unforeseen situations
Notifications under Canceled Flight Policy
Within 30 minutes of confirmation, in sync with the Copa Airlines cancellation policy, the carrier will notify passengers about reversals through:
- The website
- Reservation Center
- Notices available at the boarding gate
- Displays at airports
Is there a Copa Air Cancellation Compensation Policy?
The compensation policy applies during Copa Airlines flight cancellations. Its terms are as follows:
- Compensation due to technical problems is given only for routes that are applicable to Copa Airlines.
- Passengers do not have to pay taxes while availing of this benefit.
- The compensation is transferable to the first degree of consanguinity.
- It is valid for one year from the date of its issue.
- The amount cannot be issued in case the passenger loses the ticket or it expires.
- Discount certificates are redeemable at this airline’s offices.
- One can get food and beverage amenities worth USD 20.00.
- Alternative flights can be requested.
- When involving Copa Airlines flight delays that cause reversals, accommodation is given.
- One can find transportation services to/from hotels as required.
- The terms of this policy vary as per the following:
- Montreal Convention (1999) for international trips
- Chilean Aeronautical Code for national flights
How to Get Compensation from Copa Airlines?
Customers can apply for compensation at the airport counter of the carrier or the boarding gate. When the revocation is the result of a delay, they can apply for this from the service desk and by filling up an electronic form.
What are Copa Airlines Cancellation Fees?
The reversal policy can charge different fees for varying fare classes. By calling, one can get in touch with this airline to learn about the exact amount. Otherwise, use the following social media links:
In Summation, customers can apply for refunds or compensation as per the rules applicable by Copa Airlines. As long as their tickets comply with the Copa cancellation policy, they can also easily revoke their tickets.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a policy that helps in the reversal of tickets.
Yes, you can get a refund from Copa when eligible.
This airline has a 24-hour policy where the ticket can be reversed within this duration of purchase.
Yes, money-back is possible under a partial or full-refund policy.
The refund time for Copa Airlines varies based on the mode of payment used for ticket purchases.
This carrier has reinforced a policy to help passengers undo their tickets amidst the pandemic.
Copa flights can be canceled by visiting the official site, specifically through “My Trips”.
The refund can be availed of differently in terms of fully refundable fare rules after revocations.
Yes, within twenty-four hours, tickets can be undone.
This carrier may be canceling flights due to COVID-19 restrictions, safety issues, and other reasons.
Passengers may have to pay a cancellation fee but it varies based on the ticket type.
Copa Airlines might have canceled flights due to overbooking, a technical issue, or COVID-19 situations.
This policy states that customers can reserve a ticket for 24 hours and cancel it within this duration.