Check in policy is important to a passenger’s travel journey. It is important to know the check in guidelines, deadlines, and timeline to board the aircraft and complete security screening timely.
Delta Airlines check in policy is an exhaustive guide covering a wide variety of details. Non-Compliance with the policy can lead to removal from the airport or flight cancellation by the airline.
Refer to the details mentioned below for delta airlines check in requirements.
What are the guidelines for Delta Airline check in?
Passengers who wish to board the flight with the carrier Delta, keep note of the guidelines and delta airlines check in rules given below –
- Passengers using any online and offline check in methods must check in to board the flight.
- It is compulsory to present a government-issued identification card with the boarding pass at the airport.
- Keep note that flight cancellation is not permissible to post check in completion.
- International travelers may be required to present additional documentation, ID proofs, and health documents.
- Delta FlyReady can guide and assist International travelers regarding presenting documents and airline prerequisites for check in.
- The boarding pass is only applicable to the traveler whose name is present on the document.
- Passengers can check in 24 hours before flight Delta via the preferred means before the final departure time.
- It is important to contact the airline for check in requirements for partner airlines and codeshare flights.
What are the types of travel documents required to check in with Delta Airlines?
Travel documents are important for the verification of identity at the airport. It is to ensure that the name on the boarding pass matches with the valid government documents.
When checking in with Delta Airlines, passengers may present necessary Identity proofs and travel documents for delta airlines web check in online and offline –
Delta Check in documents for the United States
Travelers traveling to and from the USA must produce necessary prerequisites like a valid US government-approved Photo Identity proof and/ or passport from the country of origin. Take a look at the other approved/acceptable documents –
- Passport and VISA
- Driver’s license
- Military ID
- Other government approved Photo ID card
What are the other TSA-approved Travel Documents for Delta check in?
As per TSA guidelines, passengers above the age of 18 and older must present the original copy of valid identification proof at the airport checkpoint to access airport facilities.
Here are the TSA-approved travel documents accepted by the airline –
|Driver license or other state-recognized photo identity proofs by the Department of Motor Vehicles||U.S. Merchant Mariner Credential|
|HSPD-12 PIV card||Veteran Health Identification Card (VHIC)|
|Foreign government-issued passport||Canadian provincial driver’s license or Indian and Northern Affairs Canada card|
|Other Federally recognized Photo ID, Tribal Nation/ Indian Tribe||U.S. passport card|
|Transportation worker identification credential||Voter ID Card|
|DHS trusted traveler cards (NEXUS, SENTRI, Global Entry, FAST)||Permanent resident card|
|Border crossing card||U.S. Department of Defense ID, including IDs issued to dependents|
|U.S. passport||State-issued Enhanced Driver’s License|
|U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Employment Authorization Card (I-766)||Permanent resident card|
NOTE – Head to the TSA guidelines for Travel Documents link to have information related to Expired ID, Real ID, and ID Proofs for Children.
What are the Check in Time requirements under Delta airline check in?
The check in timings and deadlines for airports may differ based on the location, route, and type of travel chosen by the fliers.
Refer to the following Delta international flights check in time and check in time requirements for US airports –
What are the Delta Check in Times at US Airports?
When you are traveling within the United States of America, it is recommended to follow the general timeline as follows –
- Time to reach the airport – At least 2 hours before the estimated flight departure.
- Estimated time to complete check in – Passengers must complete check in 30 minutes before the flight time.
- Time to reach the boarding gate – Travelers must head to the boarding gate up to 15 minutes before the estimated flight departure time.
- Estimated time for International Travel – It is recommended to reach the airport a minimum of 90 to 120 minutes before the estimated departure.
What are the Exceptions to the Minimum Delta Check in Times by US Airports?
|Airports||Domestic Flights with Checked Luggage||Domestic Flights without Checked Luggage||On International-Bound Flights|
|Boston, MA (BOS)||40 minutes||30 minutes||1 hour|
|Charlotte, NC (CLT)||45 minutes||30 minutes||1 hour|
|Hilton Head Island, SC (HHH)||45 minutes||45 minutes||1 hour|
|Atlanta, GA (ATL)||45 minutes||30 minutes||1 hour|
|Cincinnati, OH (CVG)||45 minutes||45 minutes||1 hour|
|Dallas-Ft. Worth (DFW)||45 minutes||30 minutes||1 hour|
|Honolulu, HI (HNL)||45 minutes||45 minutes||1 hour|
|Aspen, CO (ASE)||45 minutes||45 minutes||1 hour|
|Baltimore, MD (BWI)||45 minutes||30 minutes||1 hour|
What are the International Check in Time requirements for Delta Check in?
When the passengers are traveling outside the USA, it is recommended to refer to the following check in timings and deadlines. Keep note that the timings may vary based on the airport, flight schedule changes, and other circumstances.
Refer to the following Delta international flight check in requirements for the majority of airports –
- Estimated time to reach the airport – Up to 3 hours before the estimated flight departure time.
- Check in the deadline or the time to complete check in – 60 minutes before the flight time.
- Estimated check in time to board the flight – At least 45 minutes before the anticipated flight time.
What are the Exceptions to Delta Check in Time Deadlines for International Travel?
Here are the recommended check in guidelines for airports in exception cases. If the airport is not present in the chart, refer to the general international check in time –
|Airport Locations||Minimum Time required including check in, security, and bag check in||Minimum time to reach the airport|
|Accra, Ghana (ACC)||3-4 Hours Before Departure (With or without suitcases)||2 Hours Before Departure|
|Athens, Greece (ATH)||2 Hours Before Departure||60 Minutes Before Departure|
|Regina, Canada (YQR)||2 Hours Before Departure||60 Minutes Before Departure|
|St. George, Bermuda (BDA)||90 Minutes Before Departure (With or without suitcases)||45 Minutes Before Departure|
|Lagos, Nigeria (LOS)||75 Minutes Before Departure (With or without suitcases)||45 Minutes Before Departure|
|Moscow, Russia (SVO)||3 Hours Before Departure||45 Minutes Before Departure|
|Brussels, Belgium (BRU)||75 minutes Before Departure||60 minutes Before Departure|
|Dakar, Senegal (DSS)||90 Minutes Before Departure (With or without suitcases)||60 Minutes Before Departure|
|Dublin, Ireland (DUB)||4 Hours Before Departure (With or without suitcases)||60 Minutes Before Departure|
|St. Lucia (UVF)||2 Hours Before Departure||45 Minutes Before Departure|
|Toronto, Ontario (YYZ)||90 minutes before departure||45 Minutes Before Departure|
|Mumbai, India (BOM)||75 Minutes Before Departure (With or without suitcases)||60 Minutes Before Departure|
|Aruba, Aruba (AUA)||75 Minutes Before Departure||60 Minutes Before Departure|
|Bogota, Colombia (BOG)||2 Hours Before Departure||45 Minutes Before Departure|
|Nassau, Bahamas (NAS)||2 Hours Before Departure||45 Minutes Before Departure|
|Providenciales, Turks and Caicos (PLS)||2 Hours Before Departure||45 Minutes Before Departure|
What are the Check in Requirements for Delta Shuttle Service?
Delta Shuttle service is the air shuttle facility providing exclusive complimentary services like premium snacks, reduced check in and boarding time.
Here is the Delta Shuttle check in requirements and deadlines listed below –
|Airports||Security Check in timeline with checked bags||Security Check in the timeline without checked bags||Minimum time allotted to reach the departure gate|
|Boston, MA (BOS)||15 minutes before departure||40 minutes before departure||5 minutes before departure|
|New York, NY (LGA)||15 minutes before departure||40 minutes before departure||5 minutes before flight departure|
|Chicago, IL (ORD)||30 minutes before departure||45 minutes before departure||5-10 minutes before departure|
What is the Time Limit for various Delta Airlines check-in methods?
Passengers must refer to the following check in the deadline provided by the airline for multiple Delta online check in processes and offline check in processes-
What is the check in deadline for Delta Online Check In?
Here is the check in timings for passengers who complete check in via the website –
- For Domestic Flights – Between 24 hours and 30 minutes before flight time.
- Delta airlines online check in international – Between 24 hours and 60 minutes before the estimated flight departure time.
What is the check in deadline for Delta Mobile App Check In?
If you are completing check in via the delta airlines check in app, refer to the given check in deadlines –
- For Domestic Flights – It begins 24 hours before and closes 30 minutes before flight time.
- For International Flights – It begins 24 hours before and closes 60 minutes before flight time.
What is the check in deadline for Delta Curbside Check In?
You can check in via Delta airline curbside check in at the majority of the US airports referring to the following check in deadline for the Delta flight check in process –
- For Domestic Flights – The check in time deadline is between 4 hours and 60 minutes before the scheduled flight departure time.
- For International Flights – Check in timings begins 4 hours before and lasts up to 30 minutes before the estimated flight time.
What is the check in deadline for Delta Self-Kiosk Check In?
Self-service Delta check in kiosk counters are available in the majority of the airports based on the timeline as follows –
- For Domestic Flights – Check in can be executed within 30 minutes leading to the flight departure.
- For International Flights – The self-service check in kiosk counters are available up to 60 minutes before departure.
What is the check in deadline for Delta Airport Check In?
Ensure to refer to the following check in deadlines if you wish to request Delta check in via the airport ticket counter –
- For Domestic Flights – Check in timings start from 2 hours to 30 minutes before the anticipated flight departure time.
- For International Flights – Check in starts from 3 hours and lasts up to 60 minutes before the estimated flight departure time.
How to request Delta Airline Check in?
Passengers can use a variety of ways to complete check in with the airline. Popular methods include the Delta website, the Fly Delta app, and at airport ticket counters.
Refer to the popular Delta check in methods listed below –
How to request Delta Airlines check in online?
You can complete online check in via Delta Airlines’ official website to save time and provide convenient ways to refer to Delta Manage Booking, check flight status, etc. follow the steps given below –
- Head to the official website for Delta web check in online.
- Choose “Check in” from the home page header row or you can refer to “My Trips” to access your profile and flight details and request necessary changes.
- Under the “Check in tab” on the home page header, you will check in via confirmation number, ticket number, SkyMiles number, or Credit card number.
- Fill in the required number, and enter the passenger’s surname, and the origin airport.
- Click the “Arrow” to access the flight details.
- Once find the required flight details or flight segments, enter the personal details and choose the individuals to check in.
- You can request check in for the items you are carrying, request Delta airline seat selection, or choose desired meals.
- Verify the details and submit them. The airline will initiate the check in request and provide the digital boarding pass on the website and email.
- Passengers can print the boarding pass or obtain an E-boarding pass/Delta check in online boarding pass on mobile devices.
How to request Delta Airlines Check in via the Mobile app?
The Delta mobile app is called Fly Delta App. It allows fliers to request Delta flight cancellation, flight status, and more in the comfort of their homes. Follow the steps as follows to complete web check in via the mobile app –
- Passengers can download the app on Android and iOS devices.
- You can check in on the app by accessing the flight details as a guest, registering as a SkyMiles member, or login into the account.
- To access the flight information, enter the ticket number, confirmation number, or SkyMiles number and the last name of the passenger.
- Once the login is complete, the airline automatically checks in the passengers 24 hours before the estimated flight time.
- Passengers can head to the “Today Mode” to check track bags, see alerts, and airline notifications, check the boarding pass, and more.
- E-boarding passes via the Delta flight check in mobile app to ensure a speedy process at the airport and passengers without any belongings can head to the boarding gate area directly.
How to request Delta Airport check in?
Passengers with special requests like Delta unaccompanied minor policy, those requiring medical assistance, etc. Here are the steps to request airport check in –
- Head to the airport up to two to three hours before the estimated flight time at the origin airport based on domestic and international flights.
- Head to the nearest airport counter and request check in.
- The airline personnel offer assistance to passengers for other concerns like Delta flight change.
- There are dedicated labeled areas for Delta flights, boarding lanes for DeltaOne, Gold, Platinum, and Diamond Medallion members, Special Sky Priority members, First Class, and Premium Select passengers.
- Provide the attested copies of the government-issued ID proofs and travel documents.
- Provide the confirmation number, ticket code, and passenger name to access flight information.
- Choose the desired flights and follow the instructions stated by the airport personnel.
- You can choose desirable seating arrangements, and desirable meals, and check in your belongings.
- After the airline completes the check in request, take the physical boarding gate pass, and drop your items at the drop-off counter.
- Head to the security screening and get to the boarding departure gate area.
How to request Delta Kiosk counter check in?
Passengers can also complete checks via Delta kiosk check in for an automated experience without the assistance of airline personnel. Here the steps to check in –
- Airport kiosks are fast and easy ways to complete check in
- Enter the E-ticket number, Confirmation number, or the SkyMiles number and the passenger’s last name.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. Choose the flight segments or the flights.
- Add the Delta baggage check in request, meals, and other applicable special requests including adding a frequent flier number to the profile.
- Once the details are verified, submit the details and the check in is complete.
- Proceed with delta airlines check in print boarding pass facility to complete check in.
How to request Delta Curbside check in?
Delta Curbside check in allows passengers to check in as soon as they exit from the car or other preferred means of transport. Here are the steps to complete the curbside check –
- On the majority of the airports in the US, you will find Delta curbside desks at the passenger drop-off counters.
- Provide passenger details, flight details like the origin and departure airport, confirmation code, and E-ticket number.
- You can drop off your belongings at the drop-off counter and carry the oversized items inside the airport to the dedicated area.
- There is no curbside Delta Airlines check in fee. However, gratuities and any compensation are appreciated by the airline.
How to connect with Delta over the phone?
You can contact the airline over the phone via delta airlines check in phone number for a variety of concerns like Delta unaccompanied minor policy, refunds, complaints, cancellations, etc.
Here is how you can contact Delta following the given steps –
- On the main menu, select “Need Help?”.
- You can choose desirable options from the sub menu or head to “Help Centre”.
- Scroll through the new webpage, under “Still Need to Contact Us?”, you will find “Additional Assistance”.
- You can contact the airline via Delta check in phone number- 800-221-1212. You will also find contact details for other concerns.
NOTE – Head to the official website “Help Centre” page for contacts based on passengers’ locations.
How to connect with Delta Airlines via Social Media?
Delta Airlines’ social media connectivity aims to address concerns, and queries, consider feedback, and more via social media portals. You may receive a response within 24 to 48 hours of the request.
You can connect with the Delta Airlines carrier via the following social media portals –
|Social Media Platform||Links|
What are the Delta Airlines Boarding Zones?
Here is the priority of the Boarding lanes to be followed by passengers post check in.
|Pre-Boarding||● Passenger who request- |
○ Medical help
○ Staff assistance
○ Need extra time to proceed
● Active-duty US Military Personnel with ID
|Delta One or First Class||● Delta One Passenger |
● First Class Passengers
|Diamond Medallion Members||Diamond Medallion Members|
|Delta Premium Select||Delta Premium Select Members|
|Delta flight early check in access for the travelers with strollers and car seats to move|
|Delta Comfort+®||Passengers with Delta Comfort+ membership|
|Sky Priority®||● SkyTeam Elite Plus members|
● WestJet Rewards Platinum and Gold Elite
● Flying Blue Platinum and Gold members
● Platinum Medallion members
● Gold Medallion members
● LATAM Pass Black Signature, Black and Platinum Elite members
● Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Gold members
|Main Cabin 1||● Delta Corporate Travelers|
● SkyTeam Elite members
● Flying Blue Silver members
● Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Silver members
● LATAM Pass Gold+ Elite
● Delta SkyMiles Gold, Platinum and Reserve American Express Card Members
● WestJet Rewards Silver Elite
● Silver Medallion Members
● SkyMiles Select Members
|Main Cabin 2||Main Cabin fliers|
|Main Cabin 3||Main Cabin fliers booked in T, X and V fare type classes|
|Basic Economy||Basic Economy travelers (E)|
NOTE – No dedicated Priority boarding zones are offered to Silver Medallion Members passengers for flights from CDG and AMS locations.
Delta airline check in policy is exhaustive and widely covers every aspect of passenger journey. You can also connect with the airline via social media, over the phone, or website to get help regarding concerns and queries.
Frequently Asked Questions
Passengers can request self-check-in via kiosk counters and the automatic check in feature of the Delta mobile check in process.
Head to the official website, choose the check in, enter the confirmation number, and E-ticket number, complete the on-screen instructions, and check in is complete.
Passengers can request Delta early check in online up to 24 hours before the estimated flight time.
Online check in is a great way to check in and passengers opting for this method must complete the instructions stated on the website.
Yes, you can check in on Delta app by providing the confirmation number, ticket code, SkyMiles number, and the last name of the passenger.
Delta app check in request automatically checks in the passengers once they complete log-in for Delta check-in online 24 hours before the flight time.
Yes, you can complete online check in for international flights via the Delta app check in and website complying with the time deadlines and check in guidelines.
It is ideal to contact the respective airports and the destination airport guidelines regarding Covid testing.
Yes, Delta airline offers early check in. It starts 24 hours before the flight time via online and offline methods.
Head to the nearest airport kiosk, submit personal details, travel documents, choose requests for aircraft, and the check in process is complete.
It is recommended to arrive 2 hours before for domestic flights and 3 hours before for international flights at the airport.
You can check in between 24 hours and up to 30 minutes before the flight schedule based on the route and destination airport.
No, Delta Airlines does not charge for check in. However, it is important to note that gratuities in cases of curbside check in are valued.
Yes, the online and the offline means of check in methods are free and entail no charges except for special requests and extra items to be carried.
Yes, you can print Delta flight check in boarding pass at home or the office via the website or mobile check in.
No, the majority of airports support online boarding passes. However, it is important to contact the airport for queries.
Yes, you can use phone E-boarding passes at the airport for check in verification and security screening.
If you have completed check in via the website or mobile app, you can print the boarding pass at home.
Passengers can print the boarding pass after downloading it from the website or email post check in completion and approval.
Head to this link to sign up for TSA Precheck and schedule an appointment with the enrolment centers to finalize the application.
You can get an E-boarding pass via the official website and mobile app, or an offline boarding pass via kiosks and airport ticket counters.