Festive nightlife, world-class restaurants, and an extensive range of attractions make this city of Atlanta vibrant enough and a must-visit place. This city is home to many museums and parks such as the Atlanta History Center, Georgia Aquarium, the World of Coca Cola, and so on. There is another city that stands strong with Atlanta in terms of attractions, beauty, and diversity – Orlando. This city can provide you with countless reasons to visit at least once in your whole life. Some reasons are the Walt Disney World, Volcano Bay, Islands of Adventure, the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, etc. From Atlanta, GA, to Orlando, FL, you can plan a trip to explore these places. Based on how far these cities are from each other, you can form a plan that best suits you.
Non-stop Atlanta to Orlando Drive
These two cities, Orlando and Atlanta, are well-connected – due to the smooth roads. When you travel from Orlando, FL, to Atlanta via car, you will get a chance to enjoy numerous attractions. For many people, non-stop road journeys are full of thrill and excitement. If you also love to cover the driving distance from Atlanta to Orlando via your car or private taxi in this way, then check the following to plan better:
439 miles/707 km
6 hours and 12 minutes
Estimated Driving Time from Atlanta to Orlando
|Average Speed||Travel Time|
|30 mph (48 km/h)||14 hours, 38 minutes|
|40 mph (64 km/h)||10 hours, 58 minutes|
|50 mph (80 km/h)||08 hours, 46 minutes|
|60 mph (97 km/h)||07 hours, 19 minutes|
|70 mph (112 km/h)||06 hours, 16 minutes|
|75 mph (120 km/h)||05 hours, 51 minutes|
Below, we have listed the routes that connect these two cities:
- I-75 (North): I-75 is the shortest yet smoothest route available between these two cities. By heading to this route, you will get a chance to see midtown Atlanta which is truly a remarkable place. The road condition of this route is also quite impressive and you may not typically see traffic here. When you are on this route, you will be going to witness some of the most amazing spots of these two cities. The total driving time from Orlando to Atlanta by car through this route will be between 6-7 hours.
By choosing this route, you can view the Big Shoals State Park, Butterfly Rainforest, Devil’s Den, and so on. However, make sure that you have enough time to stop and explore these attractions.
Road Trip from Orlando, FL, to Atlanta, GA
When you want to collect some wonderful memories in Orlando and Atlanta, we suggest you decide to stop at some stops for relaxation and enjoyment. Thus, taking a road trip to these cities can be great. If you choose to stop, then you will require the following time:
Road Trip Time
8 hours and 1 overnight
The detailed information about the itinerary has been mentioned below:
- Jump-start your journey from Atlanta.
- Drive your car up to 49-50 minutes and stop at your first point which is Jackson, Georgia. Spend at least 1 hour here.
- Start driving again for 2 hours before stopping at Vienna. You can stay here for 50-60 minutes to relax and enjoy some delicious meals.
- After this, drive for around 50 minutes and stop at Tifton. You should stay here overnight to regain energy for the next day.
- Start driving the next day and drive for around 49 minutes. Your next stop must be Valdosta. Spend some quality time here, i.e., 1 hour.
- Next, drive for more than 60 minutes then stop at Lake City, Florida. 1 to 2 hours of stay is suggested here.
- Your next drive would be 1 hour and 30 minutes. Now, stop in Ocala. You should spend a few hours in this location.
- The final drive will be for about 60 minutes and you will be at your destination, Orlando.
Note: Realistically, it may be a bit difficult for you to drive non-stop to cover the distance from Atlanta, GA, to Orlando, FL, or vice versa. You might want to stop at certain places for food, relaxation, or fuel/gas purposes. In this case, the total travel time may slightly increase. If you are well-equipped to cover this much distance in one go, then you can but exploring a place will never be that interesting if you don’t stop. However, it is completely your choice and decision whether to stop or not.
Fly Non-stop from Orlando, FL, to Atlanta
Aside from road trips, flights from Orlando to Atlanta, GA can also be offered by many leading airlines. This travel option can be suitable for almost every type of traveler, whether or not the need is to quickly reach the location.
Check the following to learn more:
401 miles/ 645 km
60 minutes (air time)
Atlanta, Georgia, to Orlando, Florida, Airports, and Flights
Taking flights between these two destinations, Orlando and Atlanta, can give you the fastest way to reach your place. You can check online for the available flights from Orlando to Atlanta Georgia. Some more details related to the same have been listed below:
- Arrival Airport: Orlando International Airport (MCO)
- Departure Airport: Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL)
1 hour and 26 minutes
Now, see the list of airlines that fly from Orlando to Atlanta:
|Qatar Airways||Emirates||Frontier Airlines|
|Silver Airways||Spirit Airlines||JetBlue|
|Delta Air||American Airlines||United Airlines|
Atlanta to Orlando Train Service
If you want to travel from Atlanta to Orlando through a train, then there are a total of 3 services daily. The total travel time can be 35 hours and 31 minutes. Should you want to reach the city rapidly, then a high-speed train from Orlando, FL, to Atlanta, GA may also be available. One trip can take around 34 hours and 37 minutes to be completed. When it comes to the charges, you will need to pay USD138 for a one-way trip.
Most details needed to cover the distance from Atlanta Georgia to Orlando Florida and traveling modes were given in this post. We tried to cover most queries that a traveler may have in mind when visiting these cities.