Colorado Springs, being the most extensive city in the state of Colorado, is famous for its various attractions. It is especially known for its beautiful tourist spots ranging from rock formations to mighty waterfalls. Denver, Colorado’s capital is praised for its collection of indigenous works and its art museums. Both Colorado Springs and Denver are great places to visit for a breath of fresh air. Planning a trip to these cities can become difficult if you are not aware of how far Colorado Springs is from Denver and how to travel to these locations.
Therefore, we are here to assist you with various travel options, the distance from Denver to Colorado Springs, and the time taken to travel by each mode. Read ahead to avail the details required to plan a great trip.
Driving without Stops from Colorado Springs to Denver
|Nonstop Driving Distance||70 Miles/133 KM|
|Nonstop Driving Time||1 Hour and 8 Minutes|
If you are looking for a quick way to reach Denver from Colorado Springs, then a car drive without any stops is your best option. Due to non-stop driving, the drive time from Denver to Colorado Springs gets greatly reduced.
Estimated Drive Time Between Colorado Springs to Denver
|Average Speed||Travel Time|
|30 mph (48 km/h)||02 hours 20 minutes|
|40 mph (64 km/h)||01 hours 45 minutes|
|50 mph (80 km/h)||01 hours 24 minutes|
|60 mph (97 km/h)||01 hours 10 minutes|
|70 mph (112 km/h)||01 hours 00 minutes|
|75 mph (120 km/h)||00 hours 56 minutes|
You can drive your car from Colorado Springs to Denver via the following route:
- I-25 N: I-25 N is a major Interstate Highway in the U.S. It was specially constructed to suit heavy traffic and fast-moving vehicles. To travel from Colorado Springs to Denver, first take the I-95 N road. Then you can exit from Colfax Ave or 210 Ave. After merging with US-287, you can turn right onto Cleveland Pl to reach Denver. This route covers 298 miles or 480 km, running through a number of beautiful cities on its course. Hence, this route enables the traveler to enjoy pleasant sightings along the way.
Tip: Do not travel during the months of March and April to avoid fast-moving hail and snowstorms.
Non-stop Flying from Colorado Springs to Denver
|Nonstop Flying Distance||63 Miles/102 KM|
|Nonstop Flying Time||15 Minutes|
One of the quick ways to cover the distance from Colorado Springs to Denver is by taking a non-stop flight. Private jets and helicopters are also popular means of non-stop transport by air.
This significantly short travel time from Denver to Colorado Springs makes the journey less tiring to the traveler. Hence, it is a great mode of transport, free from any kind of inconvenience. The only factor that you need to look out for is the weather condition. Both Colorado Springs and Denver are partly cloudy year-round. Thus, flying should be avoided during the cold winter months.
Denver to Colorado Springs via Road Trip
A road trip is indeed a fun way to cover the long distance between Denver and Colorado Springs. You can stop at stops such as Park Meadows Dr, Castle Rock, Larkspur, and Palmer Lake among numerous other tourist attractions.
Take a look at the following itinerary to plan a fun and exciting road trip from or to Denver/Colorado Springs:
- Start your drive in Dever.
- You will reach Park Meadows Dr. within the first 24 minutes of driving your car. Here you can visit Daniels Park Rd and enjoy a meal at Maroon Bells. After a fun-filled hour at Park Meadows Dr, you can resume driving.
- Soon, after driving for about 25 minutes, you will reach Castle Rock, renowned for its castle-shaped butte. You can also enjoy playing Golf here for about an hour. Then start driving again.
- Drive for another 20 minutes to reach Larkspur in Colorado. In Larkspur, you can visit various attractions such as Busy Bee Farm, Golf Club at Bear Dance, and the Fruition Farm. You can start your journey again after an hour at Larkspur.
- Then, a 16 minute-drive from Larkspur will get you to your next stop; Palmer Lake. Palmer Lake is a popular location for fishing, horseback riding, and hiking. An hour will easily pass by in this beautiful town. Then resume your journey after an hour.
- After leaving Palmer Lake, drive for 15 minutes to reach the United States Air Force Academy. You can spend up to an hour exploring the magnificence of the academy.
- From the Academy, drive for 12 minutes to visit Elephant Bar Restaurant. It is a good restaurant for light meals. After about an hour, start driving your car again.
- After a drive of about 17 minutes, you will, at last, arrive in Colorado Springs.
How long the drive from Denver to Colorado Springs is will depend on your own customizations in the itinerary. You can choose to stop at other sights, as you please, to make the road trip truly memorable.
Denver to Colorado Springs Airports and Flights
Commercial flights can be the preferred mode of transport between Colorado Springs and Denver in the U.S. Denver to Colorado can effortlessly be traveled by commercial flights. You can book your tickets with the Denver International Airport (DEN) and the Colorado Springs Airport (COS).
Tip: While traveling to Denver/Colorado Springs by air, you can either opt for a connecting flight or choose to directly fly to Colorado Springs without any stops.
Airlines operating between Denver and Colorado Springs are:
|Southwest Airlines||United Airlines||Air Canada|
These are the airlines that frequently travel from Denver to Colorado Springs. An average of about 337 scheduled flights per week travel to and from Denver and Colorado Springs.
The different modes of transport to travel between Denver and Colorado Springs were explained on this page. We discussed how far Denver is from Colorado Springs by road and air. A detailed itinerary mentioning all the stops was also included here. The time taken by each travel mode would help you decide the best trip.
Let us know your opinions on this post by dropping a comment below.