Denver is the capital city of Colorado that features many art theatres and historic museums. It is also known for striking natural sights with rocky mountains and hills. On the other hand, Las Vegas in Nevada is well-known for its thriving city life. Its gambling centers and fine dining restaurants are known worldwide. This city is one of the most visited tourist destinations in the world.
You can travel between Las Vegas and Denver through various travel options. A journey can be initiated with a car, bus, or even a flight. The Denver to Las Vegas drive or flight time may differ considering the travel mode you pick. Also, depending on whether or not the journey is made non-stop, the duration can be altered or extended.
Driving Non-Stop from Denver to Las Vegas
747 Miles/1202 Km
10 Hours and 54 Minutes
To cover the long distance between Denver and Las Vegas, you can take a non-stop drive and efficiently reduce your travel time. A Denver to Las Vegas drive without any stops is further favored by the several great routes spanning between these cities.
Estimated Drive Time Between Las Vegas to Denver
|Average Speed||Travel Time|
|30 mph (48 km/h)||24 hours 54 minutes|
|40 mph (64 km/h)||18 hours 40 minutes|
|50 mph (80 km/h)||14 hours 56 minutes|
|60 mph (97 km/h)||12 hours 27 minutes|
|70 mph (112 km/h)||10 hours 40 minutes|
|75 mph (120 km/h)||09 hours 57 minutes|
The fastest route between Denver and Las Vegas is described below:
- I-70 W: I-70 W is one of the longest Interstate Highways (East-West) in the U.S. This road starts in Baltimore and ends in Cove Fort. It facilitates smooth transportation for heavy vehicles. While driving to Las Vegas via this route, keep left on the I-70 W highway to take the exit onto I-15 S. You can then merge with US- 95 S heading towards Phoenix. Follow the Y-junction after this. Now, merge with Las Vegas BLVD N. Then turn right onto N 6th St from Stewart Ave. Take the first cross ST and turn right to reach Las Vegas, U.S.
Tip: Stay cautious of the snowy roads on this highway in December. We also suggest you fully gas your car to prevent breakdowns during your journey from Denver to Las Vegas.
Road Trip from Denver to Las Vegas
Going on a road trip is a fantastic idea for persistent travelers and tourists. Seeking beautiful views on your journey via road can bring you peace. The Denver to Las Vegas road trip is sure to make your travel enthralling when you know the best places to see.
Take a look at Denver to Las Vegas drive time via a road trip:
747 Miles/1202 Km
Road Trip Time
2 Day of Driving
15 Hours with One Overnight
To make your trip memorable, you can stop at the flowing sights during the road trip:
- Grand Junction
- Green River
- Fishlake National Forest
- Cedar City
You can follow the course of this itinerary during your trip from Denver, CO, to Las Vegas, NV:
- Travelers can begin the road trip drive in Denver.
- Drive for 1.5 hours to reach Breckenridge. Breckenridge is famous for its alpine activities like skiing and mountain racing. Here, you can visit South Main Street, Carter Park, and Nordic Center.
- Driving for roughly 3 hours is needed to reach Gunnison that is well-known for local mining, ranching, and tourism. The major places to enjoy here include Pioneer Museum, Hartman Rocks, and Legion Park.
- Next, you need to keep moving for 2.5 hours to reach Grand Junction. Grand Junction is prominent for its state parks, wildlife, and bike trails. The top sights here are Colorado National Monument, James State Park, and Carlson Vineyards Winery. You can spend a night here.
- In the morning, continue your journey to Green River by driving for 1.5 hours. This is a deep lake known for hosting the Annual Melon Day. San Rafael Bridge and Motel 6 are sights near the Green River.
- A drive of 2 hours from Green River will get you to Fishlake National Forest, famous for its breathtaking views. Here, you can also enjoy mountain biking, hiking, and camping.
- Drive for another 2 hours to reach Cedar City. This city boasts a rich heritage with cultural diversity. You can visit Zion National Park, Southern Utah Museum, and the Aquatic Center here.
- Finally, drive for 2.5 hours to reach Las Vegas, Nevada.
Note: The mentioned time is estimated assuming that you spend at least an hour at each location.
Non-stop Flights from Denver to Las Vegas
Flying non-stop enhances the quality of your journey and helps in reaching your destination on time without any delays. Being the fastest mode of travel from Denver, Colorado, to Las Vegas, non-stop flying is generally preferred by entrepreneurs.
We have mentioned below how long is the flight from Denver to Las Vegas when it is non-stop:
606 Miles/975 Km
1 Hour and 27 Minutes
You can fly non-stop between these cities via the following options:
- Public Planes
- Private Jets
Note: Out of the three non-stop flying options, you are suggested to choose public planes. This is because public plane tickets from Denver to Las Vegas, Nevada are available at reasonable prices.
Major Airports and Flights between Las Vegas and Denver
Flying via commercial flights is a great mode of aerial transport. The availability of cheap flights from Denver to Las Vegas makes it even simpler to fly when they are on a timely schedule. These flights operate every day and hence can be booked at any time.
The time taken by commercial flights from Denver, CO, to Las Vegas, NV is as follows:
1 Hour and 46 Minutes
Here are the 2 main airports of Denver and Las Vegas:
- Denver International Airport
- McCarran International Airport
Bus Transportation from Las Vegas to Denver
When traveling with a large number of people, bus transportation proves to be the most convenient travel mode. The reasonable prices of the bus tickets from Las Vegas to Denver, make this mode a budget-friendly choice.
Time taken to travel from Las Vegas to Denver, Colorado by bus is:
605 Miles/974 Km
15 Hours and 20 Minutes
Important bus stops between Las Vegas and Denver are:
- Caesars Palace
- Chinatown Plaza
- Las Vegas – BTC
What is the distance from Denver to Las Vegas was answered here on the basis of various options you may choose to travel. Travel options along with itinerary, best routes, and stops were described to make the selection easy for you. We hope that all your travel queries have been resolved through this guide. For more help, post your queries below.
You can go through our other travel-related posts explaining how far Phoenix is from Tucson. How far is Portland from Seattle by both road and air has also been described on our page.