The city of Eugene, located along the Willamette River, is often called the “Track Town USA”. This is because of its tremendous contribution to the sports industry. Besides hosting several sports venues, Eugene is also popular for sites like Shelton McMurphey and Spencer Butte. Portland, another important city of Oregon, is remarkable for its environmental preservation. This city is also the home to some of the largest art theatres. Portland Art Museum and Pittock Mansion are the most visited sights in Portland.
There are a number of transport modes available to easily travel from Eugene, Oregon, to Portland, Oregon. The selection of the right travel option is essential to make your journey trouble-free. On understanding whether options like cars or buses are more suitable for you, an itinerary can also be planned.
Driving Non-stop from Eugene to Portland
111 Miles/179 Km
1 Hours and 50 Minutes
Driving can be among the go-to travel choices for most commuters. Thus, covering the distance from Eugene to Portland by non-stop driving can be suggested to travelers going on quick trips to these cities. Vehicle rental services may also be available to assist you in traveling between the said cities.
Estimated Driving Time from Eugene to Portland
|Average Speed||Travel Time|
|30 mph (48 km/h)||03 hours 42 minutes|
|40 mph (64 km/h)||02 hours 46 minutes|
|50 mph (80 km/h)||02 hours 23 minutes|
|60 mph (97 km/h)||01 hours 51 minutes|
|70 mph (112 km/h)||01 hours 35 minutes|
|75 mph (120 km/h)||01 hours 28 minutes|
You can take the I-5 N Highway to Portland. The road conditions of I-5 from Eugene to Portland, along with its directions, are described below:
- I-5 N: The I-5 N highway in Oregon runs North to South from Blaine to San Ysidro. It covers a total distance of 1381 miles or 2222 km passing through the main states of California and Washington. After merging with the I-5 N route at OR-126 E, you can head toward Portland by taking exit 4B. The traveler will then have to take a left at City Center and move straight onto S. Harbor DR. Keep moving towards SW. Clay ST. You will reach Portland after taking the next right at SW 4th Ave ST.
Note: I-5 N traffic from Eugene to Portland is moderate during the evenings. Whereas, the morning hours from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. showcase heavy traffic jams.
Road Trip from Eugene to Portland
Since most of the visitors to these cities can comprise vacationers, road trips from Eugene, OR to Portland, OR can be a popular mode of transport. Road trips can help you to enjoy the full experience of a perfect vacation. Traveling with loved ones can be made memorable with road trips to these cities.
How far is Eugene to Portland by road trips is mentioned here:
111 Miles/179 Km
Road Trip Time
1 Day of Driving
Given below are some of the places to stop between Portland and Eugene:
- Voodoo Doughnuts
We have drafted the following itinerary to assist you in planning your road trip between Portland and Eugene:
- In Eugene, you can begin driving your car or move with a rented vehicle.
- Drive initially for approximately 50 minutes to reach your first stop, Corvallis. Corvallis is a metropolitan city located in the county seat of Benton. The major tourist locations here include Osborn Aquatic Center, Jackson Frazier Wetland, and Benton County Museum.
- Then keep moving for about 45 minutes and will get you to Salem. The capital city of Oregon, Salem is known for its museums, art institutes, and nature trails. It offers a variety of attractions for tourists like The Oregon Garden, Willamette Heritage Center, and the Oregon State Capitol.
- A drive of about 1 hour will get you to Voodoo Doughnuts. This place offers one-of-a-kind and never-before-tasted donuts. It also sells unique merchandise and embraces bizarre art pieces. Thus, you can have a fun time here before resuming your drive.
- In your road trip journey’s final phase, drive for roughly 5 minutes from Voodoo Doughnuts to arrive in Portland, Oregon.
Note: During your road trip between Eugene and Portland, you can make stops at some more locations like Evergreen Museum and McDowell Creek Falls.
Travel Non-stop between Eugene and Portland by Flying
Eugene to Portland flights that travel non-stop can be a reasonable flying option for entrepreneurs or other professionals. The relatively high prices of the non-stop flights match the elite services offered by them. Hence, flying non-stop is a costly but beneficial mode of transport.
Note: Cheap flights can also be booked to travel between these cities in Oregon. Based on the budget of travel, an ideal cabin class can be selected.
Non-stop flying is made possible by private jets and helicopters. Helicopters are a relatively safer mode of non-stop flying.
The distance from Portland to Eugene, Oregon, and the total travel time is as follows:
104 Miles/167 Km
Note: Flying from Portland, OR, to Eugene, OR should be avoided during heavy rain or storms. Bad weather conditions can endanger the safety of travelers.
Significant Airports and Flights between Portland and Eugene
An economical way of travel is through cheap flights from Eugene to Portland. These commercial flights are accessible, stress-free, and comfortable. Thus, you can enjoy the combined benefits of all the travel options with commercial flights.
How far is it from Portland, Oregon to Eugene, Oregon via scheduled flights is given below:
You can book flight tickets or schedule Portland to Eugene Airport shuttle services with the following 2 airports:
- EUG or Eugene Airport
- PDX or Portland International Airport
Note: About 25 minutes is spent to reach the respective departure airport. Additionally, 2 hours are spent at the security check. This extra time spent in the airports results in an increase in your total travel time.
Traveling by Bus between Eugene and Portland
Bus transportation is the most inexpensive mode of getting from Portland to Eugene. Families with kids can prefer this hassle-free mode of transport. Moreover, bolt buses from Portland to Eugene help in swiftly covering the distance between these cities.
How many miles from Eugene to Portland via bus is given below:
104 Miles/167 Km
2 hours and 50 minutes
Route: Buses from Eugene travel through the 101 EMX route through Riverbend Gateway. Whereas, buses from Portland take the Coast Starlight 11 route towards Eugene.
The important bus stops between these cities are:
- Union Station
- Pearl District
- Greyhound Station
- NW Station Way
All of the different road and air transport options from Eugene, Oregon to Portland, Oregon were explained in this guide. The best routes between these cities were also suggested. Additionally, the fastest and the cheapest travel modes were found. The tourist attractions of these two major cities were mentioned as well. Exploring them should help you form great memories.
Click here to find out how far is Reno, Nevada to Las Vegas. You can also plan another trip by understanding how far is Chattanooga from Atlanta.