Jacksonville, one of the largest cities in Florida, is home to the most visited beaches in the world. It is one of the few modern yet nature-preserving cities in Florida. It also boasts major one-of-a-kind tourist attractions. Atlanta is cherished for its signifying dedication to the heroes of America. Its museums, with antique exhibits, are also widely known for their authenticity.
You can visit these cities when you are aware of the distance from Jacksonville, FL, to Atlanta, GA. Since there are several travel options between these cities, understanding the time taken by each of them is necessary. This will help you in designing a clear travel plan between Jacksonville and Atlanta.
Driving Non-stop from Jacksonville to Atlanta
346 Miles/557 Km
4 Hours and 53 Minutes
Non-stop car drives are one of the top travel choices among tourists and businessmen. The short distance from Jacksonville to Atlanta is coverable via non-stop driving. The light traffic conditions between these cities further facilitate non-stop drives.
Estimated Drive Time Between Jacksonville, FL, to Atlanta, FL
|Average Speed||Travel Time|
|30 mph (48 km/h)||11 hours 32 minutes|
|40 mph (64 km/h)||08 hours 39 minutes|
|50 mph (80 km/h)||06 hours 55 minutes|
|60 mph (97 km/h)||05 hours 46 minutes|
|70 mph (112 km/h)||04 hours 56 minutes|
|75 mph (120 km/h)||04 hours 36 minutes|
The best route for driving non-stop between Jacksonville and Atlanta is given here:
- I-75 N: I-75 N can be looked at as the main North-South Interstate Highway in the Southeastern U.S. Its South end is in Miami Lakes while its North end is at the Sainte Marie Border. To drive to Atlanta via this route, you can merge with Valdosta at the 269B exit. Then take the exit at 156 to continue onto I-475 N Road. Merge with the Y-Junction and select the exit at 246. Continue toward Centar Ave SW and turn right toward Mitchell ST SW. Take the left at the Capitol Square SW to reach Atlanta, Georgia.
Tip: Stay cautious while merging with the various roads due to the intricacy of this highway system.
Traveling from Atlanta to Jacksonville via a Road Trip
Road Trip Time
2 Days of driving
6.5 Hours, 1 overnight
The tediousness of continuous driving can be avoided with fun road trips. The driving distance from Atlanta, GA, to Jacksonville, FL is marked with various tourist spots. You can enjoy all these locations when traveling via road trip.
Here are a few exciting tourist attractions that you can visit during a road trip from Atlanta to Jacksonville in Florida:
- Lake City
You can take the course mentioned in the following itinerary during your drive from Atlanta To Jacksonville, FL:
- You may begin your car journey in Atlanta.
- An initial drive of about 49 minutes will get you to Jackson. Jackson is one of the most progressive cities in Georgia. The must-visit sights of Jackson include Indian Springs Park, Dauset Trails Centre, and Whimsical Botanical Gardens.
- Next, drive 50 minutes to reach Macon. Macon, in central Georgia, is famous for its museums and beautiful heritage. Here, you can visit the Museum of Arts, Johnston-Felton-Hay House, and Tubman Museum.
- Then, drive for an hour to get to Unadilla. Unadilla is known for its progress in its agricultural activities. Some pleasant sights of Unadilla include Oz Campground, Barbara Calhoun Park, and Perry Players. Spend the night here.
- In the morning, resume driving for 1.5 hours to reach Tifton. Located in the heart of Georgia, Tifton is popular for its art and technology. Here, you can visit the Tifton Museum of Arts, Fulwood Park, and Plough Gallery.
- From Tifton, drive for 49 minutes to reach Valdosta. Valdosta is a famous tourist destination with dozens of theme parks, rides, and art galleries. Here, you can enjoy Wild Adventures, Lowndes Historical Museum, and Grand Bay Wildlife.
- To reach Lake City, drive for an hour. Lake City offers delicious cuisines and diverse cultural entertainment. Here, you can visit Reynolds Nature Preserve, Morrow Lake City, and Doll’s Head Trail.
- At last, drive for one hour to arrive in Jacksonville, Florida.
Note: Changes in the number of stops made will result in changes in your travel time. Thus, you can alter the given itinerary to suit your requirements.
Flying Non-stop from Jacksonville to Atlanta
285 Miles/458 Km
As a time-saving tip, you can take non-stop flights from Jacksonville, FL, to Atlanta, GA. Out of all the travel options between Jacksonville and Atlanta, non-stop flights are the fastest. You can travel through private jets, helicopters, or public planes when choosing to fly non-stop. Private Jets are a luxurious option while helicopters are an affordable option. You can make your choice per your budget.
Note: When deciding to fly by private jets or helicopters, favorable weather conditions play an important role. Although neither of these cities experiences severe snowstorms, it is always safe to avoid flying in monsoon seasons.
Major Airports and Flights between Jacksonville and Atlanta
One of the transport modes includes the services of commercial flights that help in traveling from Atlanta, GA, to Jacksonville, FL. These flights suit the needs of both tourists and entrepreneurs. You can travel First-Class or Economy based on your budget.
The preferable airports of Jacksonville and Atlanta are:
- JAX/Jacksonville International Airport
- ATL/Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
The time taken by the commercial flights to Atlanta from Jacksonville, Florida is as follows:
1 Hour and 18 Minutes
Buses from Jacksonville to Atlanta
346 Miles/557 Km
6 Hours and 15 Minutes
Buses can be preferred by visitors traveling for tourism, as it takes relatively longer to reach Atlanta from Jacksonville via these vehicles. The bus service from Jacksonville to Atlanta is reliable and can fall within budget too.
Route: Buses from Jacksonville usually take the Jonson ST road near Houston and W. Forsyth ST. The buses departing from Atlanta take the 435 Peachtree ST NW route.
The important stop locations between Atlanta and Jacksonville via buses include:
- JRTC Bay O.
- Museum Cir
All the major travel choices from Jacksonville, FL, to Atlanta, GA were explained. Information about the best routes and bus stops was included in this post. Major attractions, important locations, etc. were given to make your trip worth remembering. We hope that we helped you through this guide in forming your plans.