The state of Florida is widely known for its two poignant cities- Kissimmee and Orlando. Both these cities, located in close proximity to each other, are centers of major tourist sites. While Kissimmee embraces Discovery Cove and Gatorland, Orlando leaves its mark with sites like Walt Disney Land and Universal Orlando. These cities have also expanded their business sector featuring world-class enterprises.
For visiting these places and benefiting from enterprises, visiting Kissimmee or Orlando can be excellent. Travelers from Kissimmee, FL, to Orlando, FL can have a variety of convenient travel modes at their disposal. Choices like road trips or buses are the most popular among tourists whereas jets and driving are preferred by working professionals. However, the other influencing factors can include travel time and distance between the said cities.
Non-stop Drive from Kissimmee to Orlando
22 miles or 35 km
Non-stop driving is where you can make limited or zero stops while completing the distance from Kissimmee to Orlando by car. You can drive your own car/van or employ a rental service. The numerous vehicle options available under non-stop driving make this travel mode unique and preferable.
Estimated Driving Time from Kissimmee, Florida to Orlando, Florida
|Average Speed||Travel Time|
|30 mph (48 km/h)||02 hours, 44 minutes|
|40 mph (64 km/h)||02 hours, 3 minutes|
|50 mph (80 km/h)||01 hours, 38 minutes|
|60 mph (97 km/h)||01 hours, 22 minutes|
|70 mph (112 km/h)||01 hours, 10 minutes|
|75 mph (120 km/h)||01 hours, 5 minutes|
The route which you can take to cover travel the miles from Kissimmee to Orlando is described here:
- Florida’s Turnpike: The most popular toll road in Florida, Florida’s Turnpike stretches over 265 miles or 426 km. Passing through Miami and Wildwood, this road spans from south to north respectively. Kissimmee, FL, to Orlando, FL can be traveled via this route by following the given directions.
- Merge with Florida’s Turnpike.
- You can take Exit 259 towards I-4 road.
- Then you are required to keep right at the Y-Junction.
- Take exit 83 afterward.
- From here, continue onto S Garland Ave. and take the right at W Church St.
- Take the next right at S Orange Ave. to get to Orlando in Florida.
Note: At times, Florida’s Turnpike might be characterized by heavy traffic. In such times, you can travel directly via the I-4 E route.
Road Trips from Kissimmee to Orlando
Many travelers may head to Orlando/Kissimmee for vacations or for a quick holiday. To such travelers, we suggest a leisure road trip from Kissimme, Florida, to Orlando. Road trips to such cities in Florida can give you the most joyous and wildest experiences, especially when taken with friends.
Here are some places where you find great things to do in Kissimmee/ Orlando:
- Orlando Premium Outlets-International DR
- Lake Eola Park
The time taken to travel the distance from Kissimmee, Florida, to Orlando, Florida via a road trip journey is given below:
Road Trip Time
The following itinerary covers all the above-given locations and also mentions the places to stay in Kissimmee/Orlando:
- You can commence your journey in Kissimmee.
- Drive for about 10 minutes to reach Gatorland. Gatorland offers adventurous experiences and fun activities. Here, you can stay at Marriott’s Grande Vista or have fun golfing at the Hunter’s Creek Golf Club.
- After leaving Gatorland, driving for roughly 15 minutes will help you to reach Orlando Premium Outlets-International DR. All your shopping needs can be met at this major shopping center. Some nearby hotels can include Hyatt Place Orlando, Comfort Suites, and Extended Stay America Orlando.
- To get to Lake Eola Park, you will have to drive for approximately 14 to 15 minutes. Here, you can rent paddle boats, enjoy bird-watching, attend a live concert, and relax at the beautiful flower beds. You may stay at this location for about an hour.
- At last, you can drive for about 5 minutes to arrive in Orlando, Florida.
Tip: When you are traveling with children from Kissimmee, FL, to Orlando, FL, including more places in your road trip might make it more exciting and entertaining.
To further enjoy your road trip, you can travel to Daytona Beach. Click here to find out how to conveniently travel from Orlando to Daytona Beach.
Flying Non-stop between Kissimmee and Orlando
Some of the best enterprises across the globe can be found in Orlando. This can be a significant reason for people to visit this city from Kissimmee. They can choose to travel the distance from Orlando to Kissimmee by flying non-stop. This mode of travel can be stress-free, secure, and promise luxurious comfort.
The available non-stop flying options can comprise:
- Private jets, that are expensive, or,
- Helicopters, that are fairly expensive, or,
- Public planes, that are budget-friendly
How far is it from Orlando to Kissimmee via these direct flights is explained below:
17 miles or 27 km
Note: Any option of non-stop flying can be completely safe when accompanied by good flying conditions. Therefore, before flying from Orlando, FL, to Kissimmee, FL, it is suggested that you make sure to determine the suitability of the weather conditions.
Flying can be the most comfortable mode of choice for some travelers. Hence, you can utilize this option to visit other fun locations in Florida like Miami. To understand the various travel modes and the distance from Orlando to Miami, you can click here.
Bus Transportation between Kissimmee to Orlando
With the mode of bus transport being available for visiting Kissimmee or Orlando, several travelers can comfortably start their trips. Whether or not the travelers’ budgets are low, this mode can provide both affordable and expensive tickets. When traveling by bus from Kissimmee to Orlando, you can enjoy the top-quality services as well.
Here, the distance from Kissimmee to Orlando via public bus transportation is given:
28 km or 17 miles
14 to 15 minutes
Route: Buses between Kissimmee and Orlando usually travel by the Bill Beck BLVD route and the McCoy road. The McLeod Rd. can be another preferred bus route.
The main bus stop locations during the bus journey from Kissimmee, Florida, to Orlando, Florida are:
- Gateway Plaza
- Irlo Bronson
- Universal Studios
Buses can extend their services to many other important cities like Jacksonville. You can find here the details about the bus journey and the other transport modes between the cities of Orlando and Fort Lauderdale.
This guide not only described the different travel choices from Kissimmee, FL, to Orlando, FL but also mentioned the time taken by them. The most important factor, the distance between the cities, was discussed. The driving directions mentioned should help you to reach Kissimmee/Orlando without any confusion.
To avail yourself of more such explanatory travel guides, you can visit our page. Here, you can find how far is Eugene to Portland by different options. You might also want to read how far is Charlotte to Atlanta on our page.