Las Vegas and Los Angeles are two cities in the United States that are new to none. Las Vegas is known for casinos, hotels and clubs. On the other hand, Los Angeles is recognized for Hollywood. For those of you who are wishing to visit these cities, you need to thoroughly plan your trip. As a part of this plan, knowing the distance between Las Vegas and Los Angeles, time, and how you can cover it is essential.
If you want to know how far is Las Vegas from Los Angeles, then we can assist you with the same. Along with mentioning the distance via road and air, we will also discuss the routes you can prefer to reach the destination.
Driving Non-stop from Los Angeles to Las Vegas by Road
|Nonstop Driving Distance||270 Miles/435 KM|
|Nonstop Driving Time||4 Hours 20 Minutes|
You can drive from California to Vegas by taking breaks or by going non-stop. Driving a car with no stops involved is usually preferred by certain travelers. When you drive non-stop, you can reach Vegas the fastest way via road.
Estimated Drive Time Between Los Angeles to Las Vegas
|Average Speed||Travel Time|
|30 mph (48 km/h)||04 hours 03 minutes|
|40 mph (64 km/h)||03 hours 02 minutes|
|50 mph (80 km/h)||02 hours 26 minutes|
|60 mph (97 km/h)||02 hours 00 minutes|
|70 mph (112 km/h)||01 hours 44 minutes|
|75 mph (120 km/h)||01 hours 37 minutes|
There are 2 routes available for your road journey from LA to Vegas. We have elaborated on these routes as follows:
- I-15 N: The route I-15 N is the shortest one to start the LA to Las Vegas drive. This route is famous for the iconic drive between Victorville and Barstow. It can take 4.2 hours to be completed. This route includes 270 miles of 435 kilometers. However, the time required to complete it can be longer when traffic is available.
- I-10 E: For those of you who are fond of nature, the route I-10 E should be preferred. This route is relatively longer than the former one. It requires you to complete a distance of 325 miles/523 kilometers by driving your car non-stop. The total time to complete this route can be around 5.5 hours. The route is remarkable for Joshua Tree National Park and Mojave Desert.
Tip: It will be of use to consider the day you choose to drive non-stop to cover the distance from Las Vegas to Los Angeles. Friday may not be a suitable day to start the journey as the routes can be heavily busy.
Flying Non-stop from Los Angeles to Las Vegas
|Nonstop Flying Distance||260 miles/380 km|
|Nonstop Flying Time||1 Hour 10 Minutes|
Flying non-stop from Los Angeles to Las Vegas is a way to quickly reach. To tell you how far is Vegas from LA by flying, the aerial distance would be approximately 236 miles/380 kilometers. This distance can be covered in about 70 minutes non-stop. Travelers who wish to immediately reach Las Vegas for certain urgency often prefer this mode of travel.
Also, when you have to fly from Los Angeles to Las Vegas, you can rely on mediums other than flights. Depending on your budget, you may choose a helicopter or a private jet to cover the distance.
Road Trip from Los Angeles to Las Vegas
A road trip from Los Angeles to Las Vegas is preferred by most travelers because the scenic route and the stops are worth viewing. There are many stops en route when you plan to reach the city by road. Among these stops, the most important ones include Route 66 Museum, Calico Ghost Town, Primm, Seven Magic Mountains, etc.
The following can be your itinerary for the LA to Las Vegas drive:
- You can start in Los Angeles and after a short drive of 55 minutes, you will reach the Route 66 Museum. You can take a stop here and explore the museum.
- You can resume your journey and after 1.2 hours of driving your car, you will reach the Calico Ghost Town. Here, you can rest for about an hour or two.
- After another hour of driving, you will reach The Mad Greek Cafe. This restaurant in Baker is a unique place to have good quality meals.
- After a relatively short drive of 48 minutes from The Mad Greek Cafe, you will be at Primm. It is also known as the prequel of this city. You can enjoy their famous roller coaster ride.
- After a drive of another 20 minutes, the Pioneer Saloon will be reached. This bar is the living testimony of the wild-west, with bullet holes in the walls and original brass detailing’s.
- You can keep driving for the next 15 minutes. You will find yourself close to the Seven Magic Mountains. This is known to be a great place for clicking pictures during sunsets.
- After driving for about 45 minutes, you will come to the Red Rock Canyon. You can stay here for a while and admire the beauty of the place.
- A final drive of about 20 minutes will make you head towards the final destination.
Tip: The itinerary above is to give you an idea of all the stops that are a part of the LA to Las Vegas drive. You can modify the travel as per your convenience.
Los Angeles to Las Vegas Airports and Flights
When you have to visit Las Vegas from Los Angeles using a commercial flight, knowing the significant airports is suggested. You can book a flight at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) to reach the city. For your return flight from Las Vegas to LAX, McCarran International Airport can form your ideal choice.
The following airlines can provide flights from LAX Airport to Vegas:
|United Airlines||Spirit Airlines||Southwest Airlines|
|American Airlines||Alaska Airlines||JetBlue|
In approximately 70 minutes, you can reach Las Vegas with the professional flying services of these airlines. However, it should be noted that the flights that include stops may extend this short journey by 8 hours.
Here, we read how far is Las Vegas from Los Angeles and what different travel options are available. We mentioned how you can make this trip a memorable one with different itineraries. This information also showed the different reasons as to why you can choose either flight or road travel.
Do you have any other suggestions for planning a trip to Las Vegas? Do let us know by dropping a comment.