Wetumpka is the fastest-growing city in Alabama. It is a metro political city known for its beautiful nature and is often referred to as the “City of Natural Beauty”. Laurel is a city in Mississippi located on the seat of the famous Jones county. It is popular for its renowned Pine Belt and timber industry. Laurel and Wetumpka are among the most frequently visited tourist destinations in the U.S.
If you want to visit these cities, then first you must learn how far is Wetumpka, Alabama, from Laurel, Mississippi. There are numerous travel options available for visiting the cities, most of which are discussed in this guide. Knowledge about the travel time can also prove to be of great assistance while planning a trip to these cities. Additionally, the fastest and the cheapest transport modes have also been discussed here.
Non-stop Driving Time & Distance from Laurel, MS, to Wetumpka, Al
Nonstop Driving Distance
217 Miles/349 KM
Nonstop Driving Time
3 Hours and 54 Minutes
Drives without any stops are the best travel choice for those who are looking for swift travel options. The distance from Laurel, MS, to Wetumpka, AL, when covered by non-stop driving, seems to be greatly diminished due to the short travel time. The good driving conditions between Laurel and Wetumpka also favor non-stop driving.
Estimated Drive Time Between Laurel, MS, to Wetumpka, Al
|Average Speed||Travel Time|
|30 mph (48 km/h)||07 hours 14 minutes|
|40 mph (64 km/h)||05 hours 25 minutes|
|50 mph (80 km/h)||04 hours 20 minutes|
|60 mph (97 km/h)||03 hours 37 minutes|
|70 mph (112 km/h)||03 hours 06 minutes|
|75 mph (120 km/h)||02 hours 53 minutes|
Here are the directions to Wetumpka, Alabama, from Laurel via the I-59 N route:
- I-59 N: I-59 N is located in the southeastern U.S. It stretches from Wildwood in the North to Slidell in the South. While traveling to Wetumpka, you can merge with this route by turning right on the Chantilly ST. Then you can take the exit for US-80 E toward Demopolis. Continue onto Alabama River PKWY and turn right onto Al-143 N. Continue on W Osceola St and turn right onto N Broad ST to reach Wetumpka in Alabama.
Note: You can also take the US-80 E road from Laurel to Mississippi. This road passes through the I-59 N Highway as well.
How Far is Wetumpka from Laurel by Non-stop Flying?
181 Miles/291 KM
Non-stop flying is of great advantage to entrepreneurs traveling for work meetings. Flying non-stop facilitates short journeys with maximum convenience. Thus, for easy transportation, you can choose to complete the distance from Laurel, MS, to Wetumpka, AL this way. Private jets, helicopters, and public planes are the main modes of non-stop flying.
Weather Conditions for Flying: The changing weather conditions influence flying. Wetumpka and Laurel experience a moderate climate. Therefore, flying would not be a problem for the major part of the year. However, it is best to avoid flying in the rainy seasons.
How Far is Laurel to Wetumpka by Road Trip?
The finest way to make your vacation unforgettable is by taking a road trip from Laurel, Mississippi to Wetumpka, Alabama. The several beautiful sights between Laurel and Wetumpka are sure to make your road trip exciting.
Here are some of the must-visit sights between Laurel and Wetumpka:
Road Trip Time
1 Days of Driving
4 Hours, 5 Minutes on Road
We have prepared the following road trip itinerary to assist you while covering the distance from Laurel, MS to Wetumpka, AL:
- You can start your trip in Laurel, Mississippi.
- Then drive for about 58 minutes to reach your first stop, Meridian. Meridian is known for its rich art history and thriving city life. The famous tourist attractions of Meridian include Meridian Museum of Art, Bonita Lakes Park, and the Dentzel Antique Carousel Park.
- Next, drive for about one hour to reach Demopolis. Demopolis, the largest city in Marengo County, is located atop a cliff. Gaineswood, Bluff Hall, Spillway Falls, and Laird Cottage are the top tourist spots of Demopolis.
- By driving for an hour from Demopolis, you will be able to reach Selma. Selma is known to be the largest historic district in Alabama. Here, you can visit Edmund Pettus Bridge, Sturdivant Hall Museum, and Old Depot Museum.
- A drive of one hour from Selma will get you to Montgomery. Montgomery being the capital city of Alabama hosts many widely popular tourist sites. Some of these sites include The Legacy Museum, Alabama State Capitol, Museum of Fine Arts, and Civil Rights Memorial.
- At last, drive for an hour to reach Wetumpka, Alabama.
Note: The distance from Laurel, MS, to Wetumpka, AL, when covered via road trip, depends on the time spent at the various sights.
Important Airports and Flights between Laurel and Wetumpka
Commercial flights are an affordable flying option. They simplify the travel process from Laurel, Mississippi to Wetumpka, Alabama. You can take direct flights from Laurel to Wetumpka to finish the long distance in a relatively short time.
The 2 important airports of Laurel and Wetumpka are:
- PIB or Hattiesburg-Laurel Regional Airport
- MGM or Montgomery Regional Airport
Here is the time taken to cover the distance from Laurel, MS, to Wetumpka, AL, via commercial flights:
- Commercial Flight Time: 52 minutes
- Travel Time: 5 hours
Note: Driving to the respective airports also costs travel time. Along with this, the additional time spent at airport security checks further adds to the travel time.
Bus Transportation between Laurel and Wetumpka
223 Miles/360 KM
8 Hours and 2 Minutes
Traveling by bus is certainly the cheapest option from Wetumpka, Alabama, to Laurel, Mississippi, or the other way. Bus transportation prioritizes safety, hence being a secure mode of travel. Buses also reduce congestion on the road.
Route: Buses take the MS-15 N route while traveling from Laurel to Wetumpka. They also travel through MS-501 N and Lake-Norris Rd to reach Wetumpka
The major stop locations between Laurel and Wetumpka include:
The distance between Laurel, MS to Wetumpka, AL by different travel modes was discussed in detail here. All the tourist destinations of these cities were mentioned to make your trip entertaining. The major airports and bus stops were briefly talked about. Let us know which part of the reading you liked the most.
You can read our guide to learn how far is Portland from Seattle. You can also check how far is Los Angeles from San Diego if you decide to visit here.