Located in Kentucky, Lexington is a city famous for its political history and modern museums. It is the home to the most popular horse farms in the U.S., thus the name “Horse Capital of the World”. The largest city of Kentucky is Louisville. It has gained popularity due to the rapid development of its sports industry. It is also one of the safest big cities of Kentucky, thus, welcoming thousands of tourists every year.
Lexington, KY, to Louisville, KY can be traveled by numerous modes. Based on the occasion/reason for your trip, you can choose the best option available. Other factors like the distance, which is usually less when covered by flying, can also affect your choice. Therefore, careful consideration of the different options can be essential before making your final decision.
Driving Non-stop from Lexington to Louisville
82 Miles or 132 KM
1 Hour and 21-22 Minutes
For some travelers, it can be important to not only effortlessly cover the distance from Lexington, KY, to Louisville, KY but also in a short time. This is when non-stop driving can assume great importance. This transport mode suits different travel purposes ranging from work trips to fun vacations.
Estimated Driving Time from Lexington, KY to Louisville, KY
|Average Speed||Travel Time|
|30 mph (48 km/h)||02 hours, 44 minutes|
|40 mph (64 km/h)||02 hours, 3 minutes|
|50 mph (80 km/h)||01 hours, 38 minutes|
|60 mph (97 km/h)||01 hours, 22 minutes|
|70 mph (112 km/h)||01 hours, 10 minutes|
|75 mph (120 km/h)||01 hours, 5 minutes|
Taking the fastest route may also be important to complete your drive in a short time. Here, you can see the directions via the fastest route from Lexington to Louisville, KY:
- I-64 W: Covering a distance of about 299 miles or 481 km, the I-64 W highway expands from east to west. In the east, it begins in West Virginia and continues till Chesapeake in the West. Traveling from Lexington via this route, you can reach Louisville by keeping left on the I-64 W route. You can then take exit 4 at 9th ST. and continue toward Roy Wilkins Ave. Then turn left at the W Liberty ST. and take the next right. From here, turn left to come to Louisville, Kentucky.
Note: The U.S.-60 W, another route that passes through the I-64 W, also provides good driving conditions between Lexington and Louisville.
Road Trip from Lexington to Louisville
The privilege of enjoying a soothing journey from Lexington to Louisville, KY can be offered by road trips. You can take road trips by car, vans, or trucks depending on the number of travelers or preferences. You can also book road-trip service vehicles to reach Louisville/Lexington to free yourself from the burden of driving.
The main stops between Lexington and Louisville are:
- Kentucky Horse Park
- Main ST.
How far is it from Lexington, KY, to Louisville, KY via road trips is given as follows:
82 Miles or 132 KM
Road Trip Time
1 Day of Driving
You can plan your itinerary ahead of your road trip. You may also take a look at this reference itinerary:
- Start your drive from the city of Lexington.
- To get to your first location – Kentucky Horse Park, drive for about 15 minutes. Here, you can enjoy camping, live presentations, the Hall of Champions Show, and also visit the International Horse Museum.
- Drive your van/vehicle for roughly 17 minutes to reach Midway. This city is a top tourism location with sites like Walter Bradley Park, Equus Run Vineyards, and Old Frankfort Pike.
- After leaving Midway, drive for nearly 19 or 20 minutes to get to Frankfort. The capital city of Commonwealth, Frankfort, offers great experiences with locations such as Kentucky State Capitol, Liberty Hall Site, and Cove Spring Park.
- Driving for 30 minutes from Frankfort will get you to Shelbyville. In this city, you can visit Red Orchard Park, Guest Creek Lake, and the Galleria Farms.
- You can reach Main ST. after driving for another 30 minutes. Here, you can take a trip around Wyndham Louisville East, Renaissance Fun park, and Village Anchor Pub.
Note: You can take this road trip from Lexington, KY, to Louisville, KY during weekends. However, some of these sites may not be open for visitors during holidays. Thus, you may plan accordingly.
Flying Non-stop between Lexington and Louisville
When your motive is to quickly reach Louisville or Lexington in Kentucky, continuous flights can help. The miles from Louisville, KY to Lexington, KY can be greatly reduced when traveled by non-stop flights. This is because direct flights can take the straight line route between these cities to fly non-stop. Hence, non-stop flying can be the fastest mode of travel among other choices.
To safely fly non-stop between Lexington and Louisville, you can opt for:
- Private jets
- Public Planes
How many miles from Louisville, KY, to Lexington, KY via non-stop flying can be found here:
72 Miles or 116 KM
Note: If you are looking to fly non-stop from Louisville, KY, to Lexington, KY on a budget, then public planes can be the best option.
Important Airports and Flights between Louisville and Lexington
In both Lexington and Louisville, you can find airports to book commercial flights. The airports of these Kentucky cities can offer economical commercial flight services, thus, making it easy for civilians to access modern means of transport. Moreover, the availability of Lexington, KY, to Louisville, KY shuttle services can be an added benefit of these scheduled flights.
Note: Transportation from Louisville Airport to Lexington, KY, can also be made less time-consuming with the help of shuttle services.
How far is Lexington, KY, to Louisville, KY by commercial/scheduled flights is given here:
Roughly 39 Minutes
To book your flight tickets from Lexington to Louisville, KY, you can contact:
- LEX Airport/Blue Grass Airport
- Louisville International Airport or SDF Airport
Buses between Lexington and Louisville
Traveling by buses from Louisville, KY, to Lexington, KY can be a way to make your journey enjoyable. The spacious seating patterns, sufficient legroom, and free food services are a few of the many benefits offered by public buses. You can also enjoy the scenic route between Lexington and Louisville when traveling by bus.
The distance from Louisville, KY, to Lexington, KY via bus rides is as follows:
70 Miles or 113 KM
1 Hours and 30 Minutes
Route: Buses between Lexington and Louisville usually prefer the WJW route. Another main road that can be taken by these buses is the Jefferson Street route.
Important halt locations during the bus journey from Louisville, KY, to Lexington, KY are:
- Rose ST.
- Greyhound Station
- WJW Investments Stop
The availability of various travel options from Lexington, KY to Louisville, KY was discussed in this post. The different means of air/road transportation and the time taken by the same were explained. How you can cover the distance easily was also mentioned. We hope that you come up with a great itinerary based on this information.
You can visit our page to find more such interesting posts. The guide explaining how far is Portland from Seattle has been published on our page. Further information about how far Jacksonville is from Tampa has additionally been added.