The capital city of Tennessee, Nashville is home to the most renowned venues of country music. Nashville is also one of the best cities for higher-level education. It hosts some of the top-rated universities and colleges. Atlanta, the capital city of Georgia, is known for its historical importance. It is also the city with the headquarters of major national and international companies. Nashville and Atlanta are not only the perfect vacation destinations but also flourishing business venues.
There are five main ways to travel from Nashville, TN, to Atlanta, GA by road and air. A good understanding of these transportation ways, like flights and car-driving, and the distances is sure to be of great value to a traveler.
Non-stop Driving Time & Distance from Nashville to Atlanta
Nonstop Driving Distance
250 Miles/402 KM
Nonstop Driving Time
3 Hours and 45 Minutes
For those who prefer road transportation, a Nashville to Atlanta drive without stops is our best suggestion. Owing to the benefits of quick travel accompanied by comfort, non-stop driving can be chosen. You can also choose this mode when taking a one-day trip to Atlanta.
Estimated Drive Time Between Nashville to Atlanta
|Average Speed||Travel Time|
|30 mph (48 km/h)||08 hours 20 minutes|
|40 mph (64 km/h)||06 hours 15 minutes|
|50 mph (80 km/h)||05 hours 00 minutes|
|60 mph (97 km/h)||04 hours 10 minutes|
|70 mph (112 km/h)||03 hours 34 minutes|
|75 mph (120 km/h)||03 hours 20 minutes|
We have briefly described the route that you can take from Nashville to Atlanta, GA:
- I-24 E: I-24 E, located in Southeastern U.S., diagonally stretches from East Ridge to Pulleys. This Interstate Highway was specially constructed to facilitate high-speed traffic. While taking this route to Atlanta, you can keep left on the 1-24 E highway. You can then follow signs for Chattanooga and take the exit at 185A. Merging with 1-75 S is required. After this, you may continue onto Horace E. Tate FWY. Then merge with I-85 S and exit your car at 248 A. Turn onto Washington ST SW and then turn left from Capitol Square SW to reach Atlanta, Georgia.
Note: The other route that you can take includes the I-75 S Interstate Highway which in turn passes through the I-24 E road.
Non-stop Flight Distance from Nashville to Atlanta
One very fast and secure mode to cover the distance from Nashville to Atlanta is through non-stop flights. Further, there is no risk of loss of your luggage via non-stop flights. Also, non-stop flying is one of the best aerial modes of transportation for businessmen and other travelers.
The main modes of non-stop flying include:
- Public planes
- Private Jets
215 Miles/346 KM
Note: When flying from Nashville to Atlanta, GA, via non-stop flying, we advise that you prefer helicopters. Helicopters are relatively more affordable, traveler-friendly, and safe during the coronavirus pandemic.
How Far is Nashville to Atlanta by Road Trip?
You can take a few breaks while driving from Nashville, Tennessee to Atlanta, Georgia to rest. Thus, a road trip will be a perfect option if you prefer drives with breaks. You can stop at various mesmerizing sights between Nashville and Atlanta.
Here are some of the tourist locations between the cities of Nashville and Atlanta:
- Ruby Falls
Road Trip Time
1 Days by Car Driving
5 Hours on Road
We suggest that you go through the following itinerary that describes all the mentioned locations:
- You may start your trip in Nashville.
- Drive for about 49 minutes to reach Murfreesboro. Murfreesboro has played a vital role in the history of Tennessee. It is also the fastest-growing city in this U.S state. The top sights here are Stones River National Battlefield, Oaklands mansion, and Cannonsburgh Village.
- Next, drive for 34 minutes to get to Manchester. Manchester is the city that hosts the famous music festival “Bonnaroo” every year. Here, you can visit Beans Creek Winery, Fred Deadman Park, Bluehole Falls, and Big Falls.
- From Manchester, you will have to drive for an hour to reach Ruby Falls. Ruby Falls is a famous underground waterfall in Tennessee. It is the second-largest cave waterfall surrounded by beautiful hills.
- You can drive for another 42 minutes to reach Dalton. Located on the seat of Whitfield County, Dalton is famous for sights such as Haig Mill Lake Park, George W. Disney Trail, Dalton Distillery, and Atlantic Railroad Tunnel.
- To reach your final spot, Buckhead, drive for about 1.5 hours. Buckhead is an industrialized city with classy malls, restaurants, and art galleries. Here, you can visit Buckhead Theatre, Stagecoach, Five Paces Inn, and Atlanta History Center.
- Lastly, drive for 15 minutes. You will shortly reach Atlanta, Georgia.
Tip: You can start your trip early in the morning to avoid heavy mid-day traffic. This way, you can fully enjoy the scenic drive from Nashville to Atlanta. Further, this will also help you in reaching your destination early.
Important Airports & Flights between Nashville and Atlanta
Considering the low airfare from Atlanta to Nashville, commercial flights can be a great flying option. The on-air services are also one of the main reasons travelers choose commercial flights. Such flights additionally offer restful and hassle-free journeys.
Here are the 2 airports of Nashville and Atlanta:
- BNA or Nashville International Airport
- ATL or Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
Nashville to Atlanta flights take the following time to cover the distance when they are commercial:
- Commercial Flight Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- Travel Time: 4 hours
Note: There are both direct flights and connecting flights available. You can take direct flights from Atlanta to Nashville to reduce your travel time.
Travel Time from Atlanta to Nashville, TN, by Bus
247 Miles/398 KM
4 Hours and 10 Minutes
You can opt for a bus service from Atlanta to Nashville, as it is cheap and easily attainable. Some buses between Atlanta and Nashville provide free water bottles, power sockets, and television services. Thus, bus transportation is also extremely comfortable.
Route: Buses from Nashville take the 5th Avenue east side road between Gay St. and Charlotte Ave. The buses from Atlanta take the 435 W Peachtree ST NW route to Nashville.
The buses between Atlanta and Nashville stop at the following locations along the way:
- Murfreesboro (E)
|Bus||Inexpensive||Group travel, Family trips|
|Commercial flight||Cost-effective||Working professionals|
|Private Jets||Expensive||Professionals & businessmen|
|Helicopter||Mid-priced||Individuals and Professionals|
Nashville and Atlanta can be visited for the numerous restaurants and sights offered. To visit here, the important routes from Nashville, TN to Atlanta, GA via road and bus were discussed. We also informed you about air transportation modes like flights and helicopters. The stops that you can make and the locations to be visited were additionally described. All of these mentioned details will assist you in planning your trip.