Phoenix, the capital city of Arizona, is noteworthy for its warm climate and pleasant nature. It is a metropolitan city with fast-growing industries and factories. Phoenix is also recognized for its many golf courses and museums. LA or Los Angeles, in California, is the central hub of the Hollywood movie industry. LA embraces a vibrant nightlife with amazing tourist attractions. Being one of the most visited cities in the world, LA ensures great hospitality to its visitors.
If you want to visit or travel from Phoenix, AZ, to Los Angeles, CA, planning your trip well in advance is extremely important. Reviewing the different transport modes, routes, and airports can help you in drafting a structured travel plan. The distance between these cities when traveled by different modes can play a significant role in determining your travel time and mode. Thus, knowing these details should also be given importance.
Non-stop Driving from Phoenix to Los Angeles
373 Miles/600 Km
5 Hour 32 Minutes
When trying to cover the distance from Phoenix to Los Angles in a short period, you can go for the non-stop driving method. Driving cars or any vehicle non-stop maximizes the chances of quick transportation while simultaneously ensuring comfort. This travel option is also budget-friendly and flexible.
Estimated Drive Time Between Phoenix, Arizona, from Los Angeles
|Average Speed||Travel Time|
|30 mph (48 km/h)||12 hours 26 minutes|
|40 mph (64 km/h)||09 hours 19 minutes|
|50 mph (80 km/h)||07 hours 27 minutes|
|60 mph (97 km/h)||06 hours 13 minutes|
|70 mph (112 km/h)||05 hours 19 minutes|
|75 mph (120 km/h)||04 hours 58 minutes|
The best route from Phoenix to Los Angeles is:
- I-10 W: I-10 W, the fourth-longest Interstate Highway in the U.S., stretches from Santa Monica to Jacksonville. This scenic route from Phoenix to Los Angeles covers major cities like Tucson, San Antonio, and Baton Rouge. Here are directions from Phoenix to LA via this route: Keep left on the I-10 W road and continue onto San Bernardino FWY. You may then merge with the US-101 N and take the exit at 2B. Continue towards E Arcadia ST. and then turn right onto E 1st St. Afterward, move towards W 1st ST to reach Los Angeles, California.
Note: Check the road conditions before driving to these cities. Caution must be exercised while driving from Phoenix to Los Angeles in winter due to the foggy climate.
Road Trip from Phoenix to Los Angeles
A Phoenix to Los Angeles road trip can be the perfect way to unwind after long periods of work. You can enjoy various serene sights between these two cities. This can make your journey pleasant and amusing.
Via a road trip, you can cover the miles from Phoenix to Los Angeles in the following time:
Road Trip Time
8 Hour 5 Minutes
The best places to stop between Phoenix and Los Angeles during your road trip can be:
- White-Tank Mountain Park
- Desert Center
- Palm Springs
- Oak Glen
- Mt. Baldy
The following road-trip itinerary between Phoenix and LA gives all the important details about your travel time:
- You can start driving in Phoenix.
- Drive for 45 minutes to reach White Tank-Mountain Park. This regional park in Arizona showcases beautiful mountains and alluring landscapes. The location is widely known for its nature trails and desert areas.
- Then a drive of approximately 1.5 hours will get you to Vicksburg. This suburban town is exceptional for the USS Cairo Museum, McRaven House, and Old Courthouse.
- Driving for an hour from Vicksburg will get you to Blythe. This city is known for its agricultural and cropping activities. The tourist sights here include Mayflower County Park, Palo Verde Dam, and Parker Valley.
- Next, drive your car for about 45-50 minutes to reach Desert Center. Located in the Colorado Desert, the tourist attractions hosted here are Corn Springs Site, Tamarisk Golf Course, and Chuckwalla Valley Raceway. You can stay overnight here.
- The next morning, your car can be driven for 1.5 hours to reach Palm Springs. Famous for hot springs and hotels, Palm Springs offers sites like the Art Museum, Indian Canyons, and Moorten Garden.
- Then move for the next 49 or 50 minutes to reach Oak Glen. Situated in Bernardino County, Oak Glen is famous for Willowbrook Farm, Riley’s Farm, and Parrish Ranch.
- A drive of 1 hour will get you to Mt. Baldy. It is marked with numerous trails and famous zoos. Here, visiting Telegraph Peak, Ontario Peak, and Cucamonga Peak will be suggested.
- Lastly, drive for 55 minutes to reach LA, California.
Flying Non-stop between Phoenix and Los Angeles
358 Miles/575 Km
You can make your travel from Los Angeles to Phoenix surprisingly short with non-stop flying. An option that helps you constantly fly can be easily booked. Non-stop flying mainly favors businessmen traveling for urgent gatherings. You can choose either private jets or helicopters to fly non-stop between these cities. We recommend helicopters as they are both affordable and relatively safer.
Note: Flying conditions from Los Angeles to Phoenix can depend on weather patterns. Fortunately, LA and Phoenix, being clear-skied most of the year, do not adversely affect the flying conditions.
Main Airports and Flights between Phoenix and Los Angeles
One of the most convenient ways to travel is by the cheap flights from Phoenix to Los Angeles. Choosing reasonable and commercial flights as your travel mode will assure the security of your luggage as well. By commercial flights, you will also get to experience great services and a pleasant journey.
Phoenix to Los Angeles flight time in the case of scheduled flights is as follows:
1 Hour and 21 Minutes
Flights from Phoenix, AZ, to Los Angeles, CA can be scheduled with:
- PHOENIX Airport/Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
- LAX Airport/Los Angeles International Airport
Buses between Los Angeles and Phoenix
357 Miles/574 Km
6 Hours and 15 Minutes
Public buses are an eco-friendly mode of transport to travel from Phoenix, AZ, to Los Angeles, CA. Buses may offer free services in some instances and come with comfortable seating conditions. Hence, buses can be a feasible choice for occasional travelers.
Route: Buses from Phoenix take the N 27th Ave Road through the 44 ST. Transit. LA buses take the 1-710 route to Phoenix.
Phoenix to Los Angeles buses can stop at:
- Westin Bonaventure
- Glendale Ave
- Aloft Phoenix
This guide has covered all the transport options from Phoenix, AZ, to Los Angeles, CA. Useful information about airports and bus stops was mentioned. The ideal route to be followed was looked at along with road directions. Lastly, we showed an itinerary with places that should be visited in these cities.