Tampa and Orlando are two vibrant American cities that offer a unique set of attractions and sights to their visitors. Tampa is best recognized for its big rides, excellent shopping, lively nightlife, and amazing water activities such as kayaking, water bikes, and paddle boarding. When it comes to Orlando, it is all about an astonishing range of theme parks that include Walt Disney Park and Islands of Adventure. If you are planning for a vacation, these two cities scream perfect “holiday” fun.
If you want to know the distance from Tampa to Orlando or how far Orlando from Tampa is, then you are at the right spot. We are going to assist you and suggest the best routes to travel along with the distance via air and road.
Driving Non-stop from Orlando to Tampa Bay
|Nonstop Driving Distance||85 Miles/137 KM|
|Nonstop Driving Time||1 Hour and 20 Minutes|
While traveling to Tampa from Orlando, you have various options available. Considering one of them, you drive from Orlando to Tampa Bay non-stop. It is quite obvious that you will reach faster with no breaks involved. Now, you may want to know the driving distance from Orlando to Tampa when you drive your car non-stop.
Estimated Drive Time Between Orlando to Tampa Bay
|Average Speed||Travel Time|
|30 mph (48 km/h)||02 hours 50 minutes|
|40 mph (64 km/h)||02 hours 07 minutes|
|50 mph (80 km/h)||01 hours 42 minutes|
|60 mph (97 km/h)||01 hours 25 minutes|
|70 mph (112 km/h)||01 hours 12 minutes|
|75 mph (120 km/h)||01 hours 08 minutes|
There are 3 routes available for those who plan to continuously drive their cars to reach Tampa or Orlando. Depending on your specific stops, you can choose one of the following:
- I-4 W: I-4 W is the most straightforward route to travel between Tampa and Orlando. Without stops, you can cover the distance in 1 hour or less. And with stops, you can cover the distance in just 1.5 hours.
- I-275 S: Route I-275 S is a bit longer but if you love to drive, then you must opt for this option. It has numerous attractions that can make your non-stop drive enjoyable.
- 408W: The highway 408W will help you reach Highway 50W and 33S. After this, you can directly reach highway I-4 W which will take you to your destination.
While covering the distance from Orlando to Tampa through one of the above-listed routes, you will pass through the Fantasy of Flight, Dinosaur World, Lettuce Lake Park, Busch Gardens, and so on.
Fly Non-stop from Orlando, FL to Tampa, FL
|Nonstop Flying Distance||77 Miles/125 km|
|Nonstop Flying Time||39 Minutes|
Apart from a road trip, you can also fly between Orlando and Tampa Bay. There are private jet and scheduled flight services available so that you can reach quickly.
Depending on your specific needs and budget, you can choose the option to cover the distance between Tampa and Orlando by a private jet or flight.
Road Trip from Tampa Bay to Orlando
Although you can drive and cover the distance without any stop, your trip to Tampa Bay or Orlando can become more interesting with quick breaks along the way. If you have planned a road trip between these cities, then you must consider some quick stops to enjoy. Some of the “worth viewing” stops include the following that will come between your Orlando to Tampa Bay drive or vice-versa:
- Begin your exploration from Tampa. Drive for at least 20 minutes and you will reach Brandon. You can stay here up to 60 minutes and explore the All Person’s Rotary Park, Paul Sanders Park, etc.
- Resume your journey and drive for 18 minutes more to reach Parkesdale Farm Market. Here, you can do some shopping at the gift and specialty shops.
- Drive another 24 minutes to reach Comfort Inn and Suites Lakeland. This is a perfect spot to stop and relax. You can stay here for up to 60 minutes.
- After rejuvenating, now drive for 40 minutes. Then you can stop at the Reunion Resort to have some delicious treats. 1 hour of stay at this place will help you restore your energy to drive your car further.
- Now, drive for 17 minutes to reach Epcot and another 17 minutes to stop at the famous Universal Studios. You can stay at these places for up to 1.5 hours.
- Lastly, drive for 15-16 minutes to reach Orlando.
Tampa and Orlando Airports and Flights
If you are flying between Tampa and Orlando through a scheduled flight service, then you can make your reservation at Tampa Airport (TPA). For the return flight, you can choose to book your ticket from Orlando International Airport (MCO). Besides, the following airlines provide passenger flight services between Tampa and Orlando:
|United Airlines||JetBlue Airlines||Silver Airlines|
|Emirates||American Airlines||Hawaiian Airlines|
|Frontier Airlines||Qatar Airways||Spirit Airlines|
We hope that now you know how many miles from Orlando to Tampa have to be covered for reaching the city. After reading this, different travel options that you can opt for to reach quickly were also shared. In addition to this, we also mentioned the best stops for your road trip so that you can have the most memorable and enjoyable journey.
Do you have any questions to ask us? Right your queries and doubts in our comment section below and we will provide you with the adequate solutions.
Take a look at our post on how far is Dallas from Houston. Should you be planning a trip to these cities, reading this post will be useful.