Texas is one of the most beautiful states in the U.S. Houston, being the most popular city in Texas, comprises first-class attractions. Many cities close to Texas, such as La Marque, Seabrook, La Porte, and League city, make it an exciting place to visit. Being the fourth most populous city, Houston is full of ethnic diversity, with more than 145 languages.
Both Texas and Houston are remarkable places for visiting with friends and family. When you know how far these cities are from each other, you can easily plan your trip. To move from Texas city to Houston, we will be suggesting various transportation options with the details of distance and time.
Non-stop Driving Time & Distance from Texas to Houston
Nonstop Driving Distance
355 Miles/571 KM
Nonstop Driving Time
5 Hours and 55 Minutes
You can drive from Texas to Houston without taking any breaks. Going by car is one of the convenient travel methods and it is beneficial for the professionals who are traveling here to attend conferences or meetings.
Estimated Drive Time Between Texas to Houston
|Average Speed||Travel Time|
|30 mph (48 km/h)||11 hours 50 minutes|
|40 mph (64 km/h)||08 hours 52 minutes|
|50 mph (80 km/h)||07 hours 06 minutes|
|60 mph (97 km/h)||05 hours 55 minutes|
|70 mph (112 km/h)||05 hours 04 minutes|
|75 mph (120 km/h)||04 hours 44 minutes|
The best route to take while driving from Texas to Houston is via the Interstate-90 Highway.
- I-90: I-90 is a route with its west end in Seattle and the east end in Boston. It is the fastest route to travel. The starting point of I-90 begins in Van Horn, where you will be intersecting the longest path of I-10 Highway. Driving in the South direction, you will come parallel to the U.S.-Mexico Border. Taking a right from here, you will run East towards Brackettville. Then you will run through places like Uvalde and Medina. Now, you will enter San Antonio. Driving East of San Antonio, you may overlap with the I-10 highway. This will make you reach your destination, Houston.
How Far is Texas City to Houston by Road Trip?
A road trip from Texas to Houston is a fantastic journey seeking many scenic views and stops worth capturing. Here, the best waiting spots can be Hamilton Pool, Czech Stop, Blanco State Park, and Balmorhea State Park.
Road Trip Time
1 Days by Car Driving
9 Hours on Road
The following can be your itinerary from Texas city to Houston:
- You can start in Texas.
- From here, you can drive for 20 minutes to reach Dickinson. You can stay for an hour at the famous hotel Days Inn Dickinson. You can even explore the Bay Colony RV Park.
- Next, you can drive for another 16 minutes to reach Space Centre Houston, an official science museum where you can witness a collection of moon rocks. It is a must-visit place for all science lovers.
- After staying for an hour, you can further drive for 20 minutes to reach South Houston. This is a city that offers good educational opportunities and affordable homes with low-cost living.
- Another drive for 15 minutes will take you to the Orange Show. Here, the visitors come from worldwide. It offers many historical architectural and folk environments too.
- After staying for an hour, drive for another 9 minutes to reach Houston.
Tip: The itinerary above is based on your hourly stays in between the cities.
Texas City to Houston: Airport and Flights
When you have to visit from Texas city to Houston via plane, you must know about the suitable airports. Booking a flight from Airports like Dallas International Airport can help you reach Houston in 1 hour and 13 minutes.
242 Miles/390 KM
The following airlines will help you to reach Houston:
- United Airlines
- American Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
- Air France Airlines
Tip: Experiencing your travel journey with any of the above airlines will help you to reach Houston very conveniently. The Flight rates can be as cheap as $172. For more affordable rates, you can consider flying to Houston in June.
Traveling from Texas City to Houston by Bus
308 Miles/497 KM
11 Hours and 23 Minutes
One of the ways for going from Texas city to Houston is via Bus. It is the safest and hassle-free way to reach your destination. Not only this, you can cover the distance of 497 km in 11 hours and 23 minutes.
Traveling by Bus neither allows you to cancel your last-minute plans nor do you need to spend a lot on this. The bus fares remain low. However, they may vary as per the place:
- From Dallas to Houston – $30
- From San Antonio to Houston – $31
- From Monterrey to Houston – $54
- From Austin to Houston – $25
Tip: Bus travel is the best choice while traveling with a massive group of friends or family. It makes your trip even more memorable.
Traveling from Texas City to Houston by Train
Traveling via train from Texas to Houston is not tiring when the journey itself brings happiness to you. When you choose to travel via the fastest train to cover the total distance of 225 miles/362 km, you will reach Houston in 23 hours and 20 minutes. The prices involved can be as low as $49.
How far is Texas City to Houston was shared here in detail. On the basis of road and air, the distance between the two cities and the time to reach can vary. You can choose either of the travel options mentioned above to travel between these cities.
Do you know any further suggestions to plan your trip from Texas city to Houston? Let us know in the comment section below.
For planning a trip from Nashville to Atlanta, see here the necessary details required. A journey from Houston to Galveston can also be considered. Click now to discover the transport options available.