When booking tickets in a hurry or at the last minute, it might be possible that you enter incorrect information. This can result in mistakes. They can be in the form of spelling errors in the name or the mixing up of first and last names. In all such cases, the Emirates airline name change policy permits modifications.
Overview of Emirates Name Change Policy
This policy gives the major regulations that are to be followed during name alterations. The Emirates name policy allows both changes and corrections. However, it draws a difference between these two with the application of different rules.
Emirates Name Correction Policy
- Under this, passengers can make minor corrections to their personal details on the ticket.
- It usually applies in the event of misspellings and errors in the characters of your information.
- For name correction, you will have to request it before the official departure of your flight.
- The airline does not allow modifications during the course of the journey.
Note: It is not an issue when your information appears without any space. This is a standard carrier industry practice.
Emirates Change of Name
People might want to modify their details for various reasons. Most of the possible scenarios are listed below.
- Your personal information might get changed after marriage or divorce.
- It is in such circumstances that this policy applies.
- You will be able to alter your first, middle, or last name due to these legal changes.
- Passengers can request such legal modification anytime throughout their journey.
- The only requirement can be the submission of documents that support such legal alterations.
Tip: This policy is useful for modifying your personal details. But for other kinds of modifications, using the flight change policy is suggested.
Conditions to Change/Correct Name
The name on your Emirates ticket should be an exact match with the name on any government-issued ID or passport. You will not be permitted to fly if your information does not match.
You must also understand the conditions in order to use the Emirates’ change of name or correction service. Meeting this eligibility criterion ensures successful alterations. Additionally, they will also help in maintaining your privacy and security.
The following are the vital rules to be followed while changing your name on flight tickets:
- Emirates allows a name alteration on reservations made directly with the airline.
- You can modify or correct your details on the existing PNR.
- However, after the name change is finalized, you will not be allowed to transfer to a new PNR.
- Passengers can modify their personal information to only up to 4 characters.
- These characters can be in the first, middle, and last names, or all of them combined but not each one separately.
- Shuffling of first name, last name, etc., will only be permitted under legal issues like marriage, adoption, or divorce.
Note: Sometimes, these rules can vary based on your travel destination and seat type. For these rules, the seat selection policy should be understood.
When is it Unacceptable to Change Your Name?
Under some exceptions, Emirates does not allow its passengers to change names. Those exceptions are elaborated below with alternatives.
- Travelers who have purchased their tickets through the Emirates Skywards Frequent Flier Rewards are not eligible for a name alteration.
- They can only correct their details up to 4 letters but not modify them completely.
- When your name is incorrect on several flight segments, you can cancel your reservation and claim a refund.
- The carrier does not allow the transfer of a ticket by changing the name to another person.
- If you want to alter the complete details of the passenger, then you will have to buy a new ticket.
Types of Name Changes on Emirates Tickets
This airline allows personal information corrections and edits to varying extents. Also, you can modify any part of your name depending on the type of error. There can be certain implications for each type of alteration.
The following are the main types under the Emirates Airlines name change policy and the implications to be aware of:
- Firstly, the middle name change policy facilitates the addition or elimination of the middle part.
- When the middle name is not on the Emirates ticket during the reservation, it is not an issue.
- This is because adding such details is not mandatory on the ticket.
- But if you wish to modify your already entered detail, then you can do so by paying a change fee.
- Next, the first name change policy allows a traveler to alter their personal information when it is due to legal reasons.
- You will have to submit the proof in the form of government certificates to request such a modification.
- Additional charges can apply in the case of fare differences.
- Title and prefix changes permit passengers to add a title, prefix, or suffix to their name after reservations.
- The title should be similar to that on your passport, provided by the government.
- Unlike, Emirates’ middle name policy, you will also need to provide your passport to edit your title.
- A fee may be required in the case of domestic flights.
- Legal name changes include modifications resulting from marriage, divorce, and adoption.
- This airline also supports court-ordered changes.
- The fee may depend on the extent of the required modification.
In case your flight is delayed and you require further help, the carrier can verify your information. In that scenario as well, request your modifications well in advance to avoid hassle while claiming flight delay compensation.
When Can You Change Your Name on Emirates?
You can use the passenger name change option in different instances. You may request a modification before or after the carrier’s ticket is issued. This depends on the type of adjustment.
Conditions for such changes before the ticket gets issued are:
- Prior to the time your ticket is issued, you can only correct your details.
- These modifications can be done for the first, last, and middle names on the Emirates ticket.
- Furthermore, you can also alter your date of birth and passenger type code before the issuance.
- Any kind of additions and eliminations to infant names can also be done.
The course of action after the ticket has been issued is:
- You have the chance to change your details on the reservation.
- Legal modifications can also be performed only after the ticket is issued.
- Additionally, travelers can add titles, prefixes, and suffixes.
Note: Check your eligibility before requesting a modification under the Emirates airline name change policy.
How to Change the Name on Emirates Tickets?
The airline offers various methods for modification, as part of its Emirates name correction and change policy. The airline provides a variety of alternatives to fulfill the needs of various customers. Given below are the main ways to change or correct your details:
Method 1: Online Name Change
The online method of Emirates ticket name change is the most popular option for modification. It is fast and reliable, owing to its 24-hour availability. Travelers themselves can alter their personal information under this method.
For this, you will have to utilize the official site of the airline. It is mainly preferred for requesting name corrections. This is because minor edits are processed quickly through the website.
- You will first have to access the link to the official website of Emirates Airlines.
- On the home page of this site, you will find the “Manage Booking/Check-in” section. Click on it.
- Here, you will be required to enter your reservation details, like:
- Passenger’s Last Name
- Booking Reference
- Upon entering the details, select the “Manage Booking” option given on the right.
- This will retrieve your booking.
- Select the reservation on whose ticket you wish to modify your information.
- You can now use the Emirates change name option to correct or modify your personal information.
- Follow the directions given on the screen to complete the process.
- In the end, use the payment options to pay the change fee, when applicable.
- Confirm your altered details on the ticket sent to your email.
While using the online method, it is better to request changes at least 24 hours before the departure of your flight. It might become troublesome to edit information at the very last moment.
Note: Be careful while making corrections or modifications. The airline might restrict the number of changes.
Method 2: Get in Touch With The Contact Center
This method involves calling the contact center of the carrier to request your modifications. This method can prove useful in cases of major name modifications and legal alterations. It is also the most secure way of correcting the wrong name on Emirates tickets.
The airline officials directly supervise your changes. Emirates has various contact centers all across the globe.
|Location||Contact Number for Query|
|Ho Chi Minh City||+84 28 3911 3099|
To find any other contact number for your city or nearest contact center, follow the procedure given below.
- Visit the official website of the Emirates.
- On the home page, look for “Help” on the taskbar above and click on it.
- Next, click on “Help and contacts” and you will be redirected to a new page.
- Here, you need to click on “Contact us worldwide.”
- On this fresh page, you can see a drop-down menu with a list of cities.
- Select your city or the nearest contact center for the phone number.
- Now, you may directly dial that number.
Once you reach the agent, you can follow the given steps to request a name modification:
- Inform the officials of the reason for your call, whether it is for a name modification or a name correction.
- You will be asked to give information about your flight and other personal credentials, like
- Flight number
- Booking reference
- Full name
- E-ticket number
- Once the agent retrieves your booking, they will ask you about the error in your name.
- Mention the error, whether a spelling mistake or a legal change.
- Inform the agent of your correct details.
- In case you wish to add or delete first and last names due to marriage and divorce, you will have to submit legal certificates.
- Upon receiving complete details regarding the modification, the agents will begin changing names on Emirates flights.
- It might take a few hours to get the confirmation email after the passenger’s personal information has been altered.
Note: You will have to contact customer care at least 2 hours before the flight’s departure for the name change to be processed.
Method 3: Visit the Ticket Office
Emirates is a renowned carrier worldwide. To offer premium service to its customers, it has opened ticket offices at several locations. When you reside near the ticket office, you can visit them to make edits to your details on the ticket.
- Locate the nearest ticket office of Emirates.
- Head to the office at the earliest, to make changes and modifications.
- Carry necessary booking details like flight number and booking reference.
- In case, you want to make legal changes, make sure to take all the certificates and necessary paperwork as proof.
- The staff of the ticket office will promptly help you and resolve your issue.
Note: You need to reach the travel agency/agent to modify the details on your bookings with them.
Method 4: Via Social Media
Emirates Airlines extends its support through its social media handles. You can post a query on these support handles and wait for them to reply. Include your contact information so that they can reach you. You can find links to these social media handles below.
|Social Media Handle||Official Support Link|
Emirates’ Name Change Fee
The airline allows you to correct your personal information by paying a fee. The Emirates name change cost depends on the itinerary. Here is an overview of the fees based on the type of market.
|Type of Market||Fees For Name Change|
|All Markets (Except Brazil, the UK, and India)||USD 30 each ticket (For direct booking, through an agent or third-party website)|
|United Kingdoms||GBP10.00 each ticket (For direct booking)|
|GBP20.00 each ticket (Through an agent or third-party website)|
|Brazil||No fees when the origin and sale points are in Brazil|
|India||No feen when the sale points are in India|
The Emirates airline name change policy is tremendously beneficial. It saves you from the trouble of mismatched details on tickets. Simple procedures allow you to modify your name at your convenience. Therefore, you can use this policy as and when necessary, based on your requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
As per the Emirates airline name change policy, you can make corrections. You can also change the passenger name on the ticket, subject to a few conditions. You can edit your first, middle, and last names in case of errors or legal changes. However, you will not be allowed to transfer your ticket to a new passenger.
To edit the wrong name on Emirates ticket, you can use the site of the carrier. Log in to the account on it. Then go to the “Manage Booking” section. Key in your details here and retrieve your booking. Follow the on-screen instructions and correct your name. Otherwise, you can connect with the officials via call and request a modification.
Passengers do not need to add their middle names while booking tickets.
This operator does not allow its customers to transfer their tickets to other people.
You can change your passenger name by reaching out to the contact center, ticket office, or online on the official website.
This carrier charges USD 30 for all markets excluding the UK, Brazil, and India. For other details, check the official website of the airline.