Travelers may want to modify their reservations or adjust their itineraries for personal reasons. As Mexico’s flag carrier, this operator has a number of facilities to meet the needs of its customers. The Aeromexico flight change policy gives the overall regulations for changing flights and other details.
- Guidelines of Aeromexico Flight Change Policy
- Restrictions of Aeromexico Flight Change Policy
- Types of Flight Changes on Aeromexico
- Aeromexico Flight Change within 24 Hours
- Aeromexico Same Day Flight Changes
- How to Change an Aeromexico Flight?
- Method 1: Aeromexico Change Flight Online
- Method 2: Use the Mobile Application
- Method 3: Connect with the Call Center
- Method 4: Take Help from Live Chat
- Method 5: Use the Facebook Messenger Chatbot
- Method 6: Post Your Concerns on Social Networking Platforms
- Aeromexico Flight Change Availability Based on Fare Type
- Aeromexico Flight Change Fee
Guidelines of Aeromexico Flight Change Policy
When travelers want to modify their routes, they must pay the corresponding charges for the purchased fares. They will be able to modify the flight details, date, time, or destination when the fare regulation permits.
Further details on the policy are provided below:
- Base fare types do not have any provision to make modifications.
- Some fare packages have the change fee waived for first-time adjustments.
- You will be charged for subsequent alterations.
- Any Aeromexico flight change is subject to availability.
- To utilize the no-show segment, customers can call the operator to make modifications.
- They must connect within the first 24 hours of missing the flight to avail of the benefit.
- Otherwise, the Aeromexico cancel policy directs the operator to revoke other segments as well.
- Tickets that have a point of sale in the United States can be altered.
- The above can be done without paying any fee within 24 hours of reservation.
- To proceed with modifications, the customer must alert the carrier at least 3 hours prior to the flight’s time of departure.
- COVID-19 flexibility changes were applicable for bookings that were:
- Purchased with American Dollars or Mexican Pesos
- Paid via UATP, debit card, and credit card
- Bookings made after 20th March 2020
- There are certain restrictions for Aeromexico flight changes, which are based on:
- Form of payment
- Type of reservation
- Passenger type
- Earlier modifications
Restrictions of Aeromexico Flight Change Policy
This operator has a few limitations imposed on making modifications to reservations. The details of such restrictions are discussed below:
- Modifications cannot be made to purchases made through PayPal.
- Bookings made through third parties and “Club Premier” cannot be altered.
- Flights that are supposed to depart within three hours aren’t eligible for modifications.
- Passengers cannot alter the details of any reservations after:
- Check-in, and
- Receiving the boarding pass.
- All types of alterations are prohibited in the basic fare segments.
- Previously revised tickets are not eligible for the change flight Aeromexico option.
- Reservations with more than 7/seven travelers cannot be altered.
- Adjustments are restricted for unaccompanied minor bookings.
- Travelers with infants are prohibited from adjusting any details.
- The Pet Policy of Aeromexico restricts alterations when you are accompanied by a pet.
- Itineraries with multiple destinations do not qualify for any revision.
Types of Flight Changes on Aeromexico
Travelers may want to alter their departure date and time. At times, they may want to alter the flight and destination. They must be aware of the time cutoff for making such changes. Moreover, adjustments are allowed on both international and domestic flights.
Additional types of modifications permitted by this policy include:
- Aeromexico change flight name in case of a misspelled name of the passenger
For certain fare types, they may not be charged a name change fee. Additional regulations and required documents are discussed in the Aeromexico name change policy.
Aeromexico Flight Change within 24 Hours
When there are chances of flight delays on the part of the traveler, the 24-hour flight modification option is a one-of-a-kind feature. It is available for reservations to and from the United States. However, there are certain restrictions linked to this service. These are as follows:
- The point of sale must be the United States.
- It is only available for all fare types booked for the United States website of the carrier.
- Lastly, the departure date must be at least 7/seven days or more from the day of reservation.
- An Aeromexico change flight fee is not applied during the risk-free period.
Aeromexico Same Day Flight Changes
Although the carrier doesn’t have specific guidelines to facilitate same-day flight adjustments, there are some other provisions. All the alterations are permitted up to 3/three hours before the scheduled departure.
- When having a “Flexible” fare ticket, change after the 3/three hours window.
- Such modifications are available before check-in.
- The check-in policy of Aeromexico also permits changing seats on the same day.
- Both international and domestic flights are charged alteration fees.
- You may also have to pay an additional fare difference.
- Adjustments on the day of the flight are not included in the “Basic” fare category.
Note: It is best to call the operator’s representative to learn more about Aeromexico same day flight changes.
How to Change an Aeromexico Flight?
Modifications and alterations of an itinerary are possible in several ways. You may do so by visiting the official website, using the mobile application, or connecting with the call center. You may also get the alterations and queries answered through live chat, chatbot, and social media.
Method 1: Aeromexico Change Flight Online
One method to manage bookings is by visiting the operator’s official website. The process is given in detail below:
- On the home page, towards the right corner, there is the “Travel Information” button.
- Click on it.
- A dropdown menu with multiple options will appear.
- Hit on the “Change Your Flight” action.
- The user will be directed to the “Modify Your Reservation” page.
- Add the following details to retrieve your booking:
- Reservation or ticket number
- Last name
- Hit on “Find Reservation” and the booking will load.
- To successfully alter your flight details, adhere to the on-screen instructions.
- You may receive a confirmation email after paying a fee.
Method 2: Use the Mobile Application
This carrier has a smartphone application that is compatible with both “iOS” and “Android smartphones. So, you have the choice to modify your itinerary or make corrections at the tip of your finger.
- Download and install the “Aeromexico” app on your device.
- Open the application.
- Tap on the “My Trips” section.
- Add your reservation number and last name to retrieve the details of the booking.
- You will find an option for “Changes and Cancellations”.
- Hit on the checkbox “Modify this Flight”.
- Select the new flight to update your changes.
- Lastly, you will be directed to a page “Preview and Pay”.
- Review the summary of charges.
- Confirm to pay the Aeromexico change flight cost.
Method 3: Connect with the Call Center
The most recommended way to modify your reservation is by reaching out to the representative of the air operator on call. This method provides a much clearer outline for any alteration. It is also a great way to clarify concerns such as seat selections of Aeromexico or modifications.
This table highlights all the available contact details of various regions:
|Country/Region||Calling Number||Country/Region||Calling Number|
|Mexico||(55) 5133 4000||Honduras||800 2791 9025|
|France||0 800 916 754||Spain||900 995 282|
|Argentina||0 800 888 2276||Brazil||0800 891 7512|
|Europe||0800 9775 533||El Salvador||800 61 05|
|Chile||800 392 674||United States||1-800-237-6639|
|Netherlands||0 800 0224 008||Japan||(81) 3 5293 5945|
|Peru||0 800 767 50||Ecuador||1 800 000 227|
|Colombia||01 800 952 0533||Canada||1 800 237- 6639|
|Costa Rica||0 800 052 1447||South Korea||82 2 754 6336|
|Nicaragua||001 800 22 60 294||China||86 32 6247 6281|
|Great Britain||0800 9775 533||Panama||800 052 1373|
|Dominican Republic||1 888 760 0141||Republic of Ireland||1800 855 474|
|Guatemala||1 800 835 0269|
Customers can pick the appropriate number to call the airline agent. The agents are well-trained to guide you through the Aeromexico change flight procedure.
- You must keep the following details ready to provide the representative on call:
- Reservation date
- Reservation number/Ticket number
- Passenger’s last name
- Scheduled departure date
- Route of the flight
- The agent will retrieve the reservation that needs adjustment.
- Prompt the required modification to your itinerary, such as:
- Based on the eligibility of the fare type, he/she will perform the requested alteration.
- You may have to pay any applicable charges to finalize the same.
- The new information will reflect on the ticket and E-ticket.
Note: Customers must call the airline agent if they want to change the details of one passenger on the booking.
Method 4: Take Help from Live Chat
The carrier offers another great option to assist the customers, which is “Live Chat”. It allows them to communicate with a live airline assistant. This is a helpful aid in understanding the Aeromexico flight change policy.
In case you are using the policy for adjustments due to Baggage allowance of Aeromexico issues, you can try to get help.
- Reach the bottom of the home page by navigating through the official website .
- The “Live Chat” button can be found in the blue box.
- To connect with the live agent, click on the button.
- The representative may ask you for some details regarding your booking.
- Inform him/her about the alterations you want.
Depending on your eligibility, the representative will guide you through each step of the procedure.
Note: It may take some time to connect with the service. The feature is active from 8:00 A.M. to 11:00 P.M. Central Time (GMT-6).
Method 5: Use the Facebook Messenger Chatbot
On the official website, the chatbot is a recent addition. You may utilize the tool to ask more questions and get instructions related to the Aeromexico change flight method.
- Visit the official site of the Aeromexico Airline.
- Come to the main page.
- Hit on the “Contact Us” option.
- The user will be redirected to a different page with several contact options.
- Choose “Facebook Messenger Chatbot”.
- You will be taken to a new page where you can start the process.
Method 6: Post Your Concerns on Social Networking Platforms
Networking platforms, otherwise known as social media, can be a great medium to get your concerns addressed. You may be able to find answers to your questions and solve your doubts.
- Head to any of the social networking sites where the airline is present.
- You may write a post to ask your queries regarding the Aeromexico flight change policy.
- Before you post it, tag the respective social media handle of the operator.
- You must add your active contact ID for a representative to reach out.
- For more assistance, the carrier’s agent might get in touch with you.
You may connect with the carrier on the below-given platforms to get your reservations altered or answers to your queries:
|Social Networking Platforms||Website Link|
Aeromexico Flight Change Availability Based on Fare Type
There are six/6 fare types offered by this airline. Additionally, each fare category has a flexible variant. Based on the type you purchased, you have the chance to modify reservations by paying the Aeromexico flight change price or for free.
The table below indicates the number of modifications and free chances available:
|Fare Category||Aeromexico Change Flight Time, Date, Flight, Destination, and Date|
|Domestic Flight||International Flight|
|Classic||Modifications are charged||The first change is free|
Charged for subsequent modifications
|Flexible Classic||Unlimited chances without Aeromexico change flight fee|
|AM Plus||Modifications are charged||First change is free|
Charged for subsequent modifications
|AM Plus Flexible||Unlimited chance to change without fees|
|Premier||Modifications are charged||First change is free|
Charged for subsequent modifications
|Premier Flexible||Unlimited chance to change without fees|
|Premier Light||Modifications are charged||First change is free|
Charged for subsequent modifications
|Premier Light Flexible||Unlimited chance to change without fees|
|Premier One||First change is free|
Charged for subsequent modifications
|Premier One Flexible||Unlimited chance to change without fees|
Aeromexico Flight Change Fee
The operator has provided the flight modification fees for various flight routes. These vary with the fare type and region. The following table summarizes the applicable Aeromexico change flight cost:
|Fare Type||Region/Country||Change Fee|
|ClassicAM Plus||South America||$4,020 MXN|
|ClassicAM PlusPremier||The Caribbean and Central America||$4,020 MXN|
|ClassicAM PlusPremier||Canada||$4,020 MXN|
|ClassicAM PlusPremier||USA||$4,020 MXN|
|ClassicAM PlusPremier||Domestic flight||$700 MXN|
|Premier||BOG, LIM, MDE, UOI||$4,020 MXN|
|ClassicAM PlusPremier One||Asia||$6,030 MXN|
|ClassicAM PlusPremier One||Europe||$6,030 MXN|
|Premier One||GRU, SCL, and EZE |
JFK and LAX
Other than the Basic ticket category, flight adjustments are available for all other fare categories. For some, you may have to pay an additional charge. You have the chance to refer to this Aeromexico change flight policy to alter your flight, date, time, destination, or even unused/no-show segments.
Frequently Asked Questions
Customers may have to pay $6,030 MXN for modifying international flights to Europe.
Go to the “My Trips” section on the carrier’s smartphone app and proceed to complete any alterations.
Give the call representative the necessary information and he or she will make the necessary modifications.
It costs $700 MXN to change any details of a domestic flight (within Mexico).
You will have to connect with the operator’s representative on call to learn more about same-day flight alterations.
Modify the date of your flight by connecting with the call centre, using the website, or on the smartphone application.
If you purchase a flexible fare ticket, then you can make unlimited alterations for free.
There could be a fee of $4,020 MXN for modifying a flight to the USA.
You may modify the return flight on the smartphone application of the carrier and know the charge.
The fee for any such alteration is between $700 MXN- $4,020 MXN. The exact price will be available at the time of change.
Call the airline office to inquire about the cost of changing one leg of the itinerary as it may vary.
Yes, the operator permits changes to all fare types (except Basic) before the scheduled departure
You are eligible for rebooking if the carrier has altered the schedule due to disruption.