When you wish to make modifications to your Avianca ticket, its flight change policy becomes vital. The Avianca Airlines flight change policy facilitates last-minute modifications. Travelers alter their travel plans or flight itineraries often.
Since this is a common phenomenon, this airline has determined the flight change rules. From ticket names to arrival destinations, you will be allowed to make any type of modification to your flight by adhering to the rules of the policy. Therefore, a careful analysis of this policy can prove to be immensely beneficial.
- Terms Of The Avianca Flight Change Policy
- 24 Hours Avianca Flight Change Policy
- How To Change Flight Avianca?
- Method 1: Online Option Through the Website
- Method 2: Flight Change Via Web Chat
- Method 3: Through the Airport Ticket Counter
- Avianca Airlines Change Flight Fee
- Revised Regulations Under The Avianca Change Flight Policy
Terms Of The Avianca Flight Change Policy
To make modifications simpler, the Avianca change flight policy has given specific rules and regulations. The process of flight change becomes more efficient when you follow these regulations carefully.
It can also help you to steer clear of any penalties or additional fees that may incur during your journey.
In this regard, the following are the main rules and conditions of this policy:
- Only the tickets purchased with the airline directly will be eligible for making direct changes. Travel agency bookings have to be changed via customer care service.
- In case you want to reschedule the date of your ticket, you can leave your booking open and rebook another flight on Avianca Airlines.
- This airline has different classes of service like XS, S, M, L, XL, and XXL. Your eligibility for flight change depends on the class of service you book for your itinerary.
- On most tickets, the Avianca flight change policy allows passengers to make only upto 3 changes.
- The fee for making flight modifications can vary as per the ticket fare, time, and reason for the request.
- Passengers will be allowed to make date, time, and name changes to their reservations with the help of this policy.
- Although this carrier is quite flexible with this flight change policy, it might not encourage alterations in the itinerary at the very last moment.
- For major modifications like destination changes, your new destination route must follow the initial flight’s itinerary.
- Refunds can only be claimed after the cancellation of your reservations. You can check whether your ticket is eligible for a refund or not by contacting the airline.
- Changes cannot be made on expired tickets that have already exceeded their validity period.
Note: You can solve your queries regarding Avianca Airlines change flight policy by visiting the official website of this airline.
24 Hours Avianca Flight Change Policy
This airline has a risk-free window for all changes made within 24 hours from the date of your original booking. According to this feature, you can make alterations to your reservation in these 24 hours without incurring any change fee.
You can make name, date, time, and destination changes during this period. Avianca change return flight date can also be done in this risk-free window. Further, you will not be charged any additional amount for canceling your flight within this time frame.
The following rules apply to the 24-hour flight change policy of Avianca Airlines:
- A fare difference will be charged when the price of your rescheduled flight is more than the original booking.
- Sometimes, depending on your service class, you may be charged a minimal amount for making modifications. This service fee can be levied when you exceed the given deadline.
- The change flight Avianca conditions on non-refundable fares can differ. You can get in touch with the airline authorities to know the exact information about the same.
Note: Apart from flight changes, preferred seat selection can also be done during these 24 hours.
How To Change Flight Avianca?
Depending on the nature of your ticket, you can use either the online or the offline modes to change your flight. There are three different Avianca airlines change flight options. These include:
- Online method – Through the website
- Online method – Through the web chat option
- Offline method – At the airport ticket counter
All of these methods offer the same level of convenience and are equally effective for passengers. The flyers can choose the option they are most comfortable with. However, each of these options operates differently. Hence, a quick understanding of the working procedures of these methods can help you to board your flight easily.
Method 1: Online Option Through the Website
This online option is the most commonly used method of flight change. Through this, you can access the Avianca change flight time, date, and destination feature. Moreover, this option will be available for use irrespective of your region. It is also the most suitable method of changing long-distance international flights.
Under the online procedure, you will have to go to the “Manage Your Booking” section. The step-by-step details of this process are given below:
- Initially, open your web browser and go to the official website “Avianca Airlines” This will take you to the official site of this carrier.
- You will find a panel of 5 tabs on the homepage of the site. Among these, you need to select the “Manage Your Booking” tab.
- You will now have to enter your “Reservation Number” and “Passenger Last Name”.
- Then, go ahead by clicking on the “Continue” button given on the right.
- Now, under the “Customize Your Trip” section, hit on the “Change Your Flight” option to access the change flight Avianca feature.
- Here, you will be able to view your flight itinerary once you have retrieved your reservation. Select the flight which you wish to modify.
- Choose the date, time, and destination of your new flight now. Follow the on-screen instructions and perform the necessary changes as shown.
- Pay the required amount as mentioned and click on the “Continue” button.
- Your reservation will now be modified.
Note: The tickets purchased with Life Miles cannot be changed online as per the Avianca Airlines flight change policy.
Method 2: Flight Change Via Web Chat
The other mode of accessing the Avianca change flight date option is through the web chat feature. Under this option, a virtual assistant called “Vianca” will help you to change your flight.
This feature is available 24 hours a day all through the week. Hence, it proves to be immensely convenient for flyers to change their flight at any time of the day.
To access your virtual assistant, follow the steps given below:
- Go to the main website of the carrier through the official link mentioned above.
- On the bottom right corner of your page, you will find a ‘Question Mark’ icon. Click on this.
- Now, select the “Web Chat” icon here.
- A new chat box will pop up on the screen where you can make your request.
- Answer the questions asked by the assistant and accordingly submit your details.
- The assistant will then lead you to the flight change page where you can make the changes required.
- Complete the process by paying the Avianca flight change fee, as required.
- You will receive a confirmation mail to your registered address.
Note: The chatbot feature is more useful for passengers who have made their reservations with the LifeMiles program. They can be offered special benefits under this method.
Method 3: Through the Airport Ticket Counter
Making changes at the airport ticket counter is usually the safest way to modify your reservation. The agents at the ticket counter will themselves change your booking and you do not need to go online.
This is the best way to use the Avianca change return flight date feature. However, if you choose this method, you will be subjected to some service charges.
Travelers can follow the given steps to make a request for ticket modification at the airport ticket counter:
- Go to your nearest Avianca ticket counter.
- Inform the agents about your request for alteration of the reservation. The agents will explain to you how to change flight Avianca.
- Then, you will be asked to provide your personal details and flight information like “Passenger full name”, “Booking Number” and “Ticket Code”.
- Clearly mention the changes you wish to make whether to your flight date, time, or destination.
- The agent will then initiate the process of modification.
- Once it is done, you would have to pay the necessary fee as required under the Avianca change flight policy.
- Verify your changes at the confirmation mail revived at your registered address.
Tip: You can choose this method for making last-minute modifications to your reservation.
Avianca Airlines Change Flight Fee
Travelers of this airline will be required to pay some fee for making changes to their reservation. This Avianca change flight fee includes penalties, fare differences, and service charges. The exact amount of the fee depends on the fare class you pick and the time of change.
- You can modify the date of your L and XXL tickets without any flight change fee. Only the difference in fare applies in this case.
- For XS, S, M, or XL, the cost can change depending on the type of change you wish to make.
- Alterations to the Economy class tickets can be made at a cost of about USD 500, without any fare difference.
- For other minor alterations like date and time changes, the fee can range between USD 25 to USD 150.
- You can avoid paying service charges when you use the online method of flight change.
- The fee for changing reservations made with LifeMiles is generally less than that of regular tickets. Based on the rules of LifeMiles tickets, you can avail yourself of this benefit.
Tip: Submitting requests at the very last minute can result in charging you with a high Avianca flight change fee. Therefore, you are recommended to change your flight well in advance.
Revised Regulations Under The Avianca Change Flight Policy
This operator has recently made some additions to its change policy. The eligibility criterion for ticket modifications has also been revised. Rules regarding fee waivers and the number of changes permitted have been revised as well. In this regard, the following are the new conditions of the Avianca Airlines flight change policy.
These rules are applicable on reservations made between January 1st and March 31st, 2021:
- In case you have an XS, S, M, L, XL, and XXL ticket on routes to and from Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia, Paraguay, Chile, and Uruguay, the fare difference waiver does not apply. However, you will be exempted from the payment of itinerary modification charges. Overall, you can only make 3 changes to these reservations.
- In case you have purchased an XS, S, M, L, XL, and XXL ticket on routes to and from Argentina, Chile, and Brazil under the waiver 10385 before 31st December 2021, the Avianca change flight fee waiver is applicable. The itinerary waiver is also applicable. Again, only a maximum of 3 changes will be permitted.
- Third-party reservations made through travel agencies will have to be changed at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure of the flight. Otherwise, the fare difference and the itinerary fee will have to be paid.
Note: Your three modifications can include Avianca change flight time, date, and destination. You can change any of them as per this policy.
For tickets purchased between April 1st and October 19th, 2021, the following regulations are to be followed:
- XS and S tickets on all Avianca routes will not be eligible for fare difference waiver but the itinerary fee will be waived.
- Passengers with M, L, XL, and XXL reservations on all Avianca routes can enjoy the waiver on the itinerary change fee until the validity of the ticket. However, a fare difference waiver for the Aviance change flight date will not be available on these tickets. You can make only 1 modification on these tickets.
Note: Travelers can check the validity of their tickets on the official website of the carrier.
The Avianca Airlines flight change policy is known to ensure the best convenience for its users. It offers various methods of flight change thus making it easier for passengers to modify their reservations. Additionally, travelers are given the opportunity to make different types of alterations to their reservations.
The fee waiver feature makes flight changes more affordable on this airline as well. Hence, you can refer to this policy as per your requirement.
Frequently Asked Questions
This airline does not have a specific phone number for receiving flight change requests. In case you wish to connect with the airline agents, you can visit your nearest airport ticket counter. Otherwise, you can use the virtual assistance feature given on the website or the WhatsApp feature of this carrier.
Yes, this airline allows its customers to make several flight modifications to their reservations. You can do so by using the Avianca change my flight option on the official website of the airline. You may also use the chatbot feature to make changes to your flights. Fare differences can be applied in both cases.
Yes, you can make Avianca flight changes online. For this, visit the airline’s main website and go to the “Manage Your Booking” tab. Enter your “Reservation Number” and “Passenger Last Name” here. Next, select the “Customize Your Trip” option and make the necessary changes by following the on-screen instructions. Pay the required change fee.
The fee for flight change on this airline depends on your class of service and travel itinerary. You will have to pay about USD 500 for making changes to the Economy class. The fare difference, that is, the difference in cost of the original and the rescheduled flight is applied separately.
You can modify your flight offline through the airport ticket counter. Visit one of these counters and reach out to the agents there. Inform them about your flight change request and submit the necessary details or documents. Select the flight on which you wish to make changes. Make the payment for the change fee, if required.
You can avoid paying the Avianca Airlines change flight fee on the condition that you change your flight within the first 24 hours of booking. This is generally known as the risk-free period. The Covid-19 fee waiver policy applies to passengers who have to reschedule their flights due to the virus.
This policy discloses all the important rules of flight modification. It gives important information like the methods to change your reservation, Avianca change flight date fee, and the total number of changes that you can make. Conditions regarding travel agency bookings are also disclosed under this policy.
There are three different methods to modify your flight. These include Avianca change flight online through the website, flight change with the help of virtual assistance, and modification via ticket counters. Passengers who have made their reservations through a travel agency will not be permitted to alter their booking online.
For most tickets, passengers can make three changes to their reservation. These can include change flight date Avianca destination or the itinerary. However, only one change is permitted on M, L, XL, and XXL reservations made between April 1st and October 19th, 2021. You can check the official site to know the number of changes permitted on your ticket.
I booked a flight in September 2022 on Avianca to Cancun for myself, my husband, and our 5 yo. I paid extra to make sure to have my seat next to my baby when I booked. I got a message they have changed my flight time which I cannot agree with and also assigned my child to a seat quite far ahead of me. When I emailed them to rectify they said no seats are free together and I’d have to enquire at the airport that morning. How can Avianca change the flight time for our tickets so that we can have a seat together?
Can I request Avianca change return flight date to 6 months from now? I am an architect and I was assigned a building that was supposed to be complete by the end of this year but there was a legal delay. Now I need 6 more months to get the job done and I want to extend my return date accordingly.
I want to know about the Avianca change flight fee in case of medical emergencies. I have recently been declared unfit to travel because of my trauma problem so I need to change my flight to a later date, probably 5-6 months from now. I had a word with the Airlines managers who said it will be okay if I fly later on so I want to enquire about the fee.