It is important to know that the Ryanair flight change policy is in place because situations may sometimes be unpredictable. It outlines all the modifications that an eligible traveler can make. It is a reference for any applicable fees for modifications. This also gives details on the provisions available.
- What are the Rules to Change Ryanair Flights?
- Can I Make Ryanair Flight Changes within 24 Hours?
- What are the Terms for Ryanair Flexi Plus Flight Change?
- How to Change Ryanair Flights?
- Method 1: Using the “My Bookings” tool
- Method 2: Chat with Agent
- Method 3: Modifications via Contact Center
- Can I Change My Ryanair Flight After Check-In?
- How Much are Ryanair Flight Change Fees?
- What is the Ryanair Schedule Change?
- Can I Get a Refund if Ryanair Changed My Flight?
- How to Claim the Refund?
What are the Rules to Change Ryanair Flights?
This policy allows adjustments to reservations made directly with it through these rules:
- Fight routes can be modified up to 2.5 hours before the plane departs.
- Change name on Ryanair flight can be performed no less than 24 hours prior to the departure time.
Constraints of the Rules
A few constraints as a consequence of these rules are:
- Altering a domestic trip for an international one and vice versa is not permitted.
- Such modifications are not allowed to avoid VAT issues.
Can I Make Ryanair Flight Changes within 24 Hours?
This airline provides a risk-free grace period to change Ryanair flight for free.
- Customers can make the following corrections for free within 24 hours of booking:
- Travel date
- Departure time
- Incorrect routes are reversible without having to pay the modification fee.
- However, you will be charged any difference in fare.
Note: You won’t get a refund of the cost difference when the new flight is low fare.
What are the Terms for Ryanair Flexi Plus Flight Change?
Travelers who have purchased the “Flexi Plus” fare, enjoy the following benefits:
- They can make modifications to the date and route on the same day as departure.
- Adjustments are permitted for partially used bookings.
- For all such modifications, the change fee is waived.
- Some services included in this fare are transferable to the new trip.
- Non-transferable services are not refundable.
- Most importantly, they are eligible for Ryanair free flight changes.
On Ryanair, passengers are allowed to make the alterations given below:
- They can switch to a flight that follows the same path as the initial one.
- You won’t be assessed a change fee if you want to switch the flight’s route.
- But you will need to make payment for any price difference.
The timeline for such changes is tabulated here:
Flexi Plus Flight Type
No less than an hour prior to the original flight’s scheduled departure
At the airport desk
No less than 40 minutes prior to the take-off time of the new trip
Through contact center
At least an hour prior to the new flight take-off time
Note: If you have already checked in, contact the call center to uncheck the original flight.
Changes to Flexi Plus One Day Before Departure
Flexi Plus customers can change to Ryanair flights departing at least a day before/after the original trip.
- They won’t be assessed a change fee.
- But a price difference will be required.
After Outbound Flight
Even after taking the Flexi Plus outbound trip, passengers can alter the return trip’s route.
- Changes between the same countries of departure and destination are permitted.
- These can’t be carried out online.
- Such modifications are possible:
- At the airport,
- Or, via the airline’s contact center
How to Change Ryanair Flights?
Changing flights on Ryanair’s official website is the easiest and most cost-effective way. Otherwise, a call service is given too.
Method 1: Using the “My Bookings” tool
Run the site of this airline. Then perform the steps given below to reach a tool for modifying bookings:
- Click on the “My Bookings” button.
- Log in to “myRyanair” account using:
- “Email address”
- Otherwise, you can retrieve the booking by adding relevant information.
- Next, tap on “Manage Booking”.
- Choose any of these actions:
- “Change Your Flight”
- Or, “Change Name”
- You will be directed to the “Search New Flight” page.
- Here, you will be able to alter the dates.
- Choose the appropriate flight time.
- Next, review the new schedule.
- You’ll be directed to the payment breakdown on Ryanair to change flight date, time, etc.
- To proceed, hit on “Confirm Change”.
- Next, add payment information and tap “Pay Now”.
- A revised itinerary with the new flight details will be sent via email.
Limitations to Online Changes & Declined Payment
When attempting a Ryanair flight change, if the payment is declined, keep the following points in mind:
- The original trip(s) is no longer reserved.
- Any requested modifications will have been implemented.
- Go back to the payment page to:
- Re-enter the payment information.
- Or, enter a new payment method.
- If the applicable fee/charges are not paid:
- The new flight will be canceled.
- And, the original one will be restored.
Note: You can chat with the operator’s agent for additional help.
Method 2: Chat with Agent
To implement certain modifications, you cannot use the “My Bookings” tool. In that case, you can chat with the airline’s representative. They can help when you require:
- Changing for a single passenger on the booking
- Partially modifying to one flight on the itinerary
- Adjustments relating to Spanish resident discounts/discounted Spanish large families
Abide by the instructions given below for successfully changing a Ryanair flight via chat:
- Navigate to the airline’s site.
- Select “Help Center” at the bottom of this page.
- On the redirected web page, locate the chat symbol.
- Tap on it and add your:
- You will be addressed by the chatbot “Molli”.
- Type “Contact Agent”.
- It will offer you a text link “I Need to Speak with Support”.
- Select it.
- You will again be asked to enter the email ID.
- Add your booking reference.
- Following this, wait for a while for the agent to connect with you.
- Now, you can explain your requirements for modifications and obtain help.
Timing for Chat
During the following hours, you can live chat with an agent via Molli for Ryanair flight changes:
|Working Days||Operational Hours (CET)|
|Monday to Friday||07:00 to 10:00|
|Saturday||09:00. to 07:00|
|Sunday||10:00 to 07:00|
Method 3: Modifications via Contact Center
Adjustments that cannot be executed online can be done by connecting with the carrier’s contact center. Find its details in the table below:
Hours of Operations
Monday to Friday: – 07:00 to 10:00
Saturday: – 09:00. to 07:00
Sunday: – 10:00 to 07:00
Note: You will be charged a higher fee if the adjustment was possible online.
Can I Change My Ryanair Flight After Check-In?
Even if the Ryanair online check-in process is completed, It allows for date and route adjustments.
- You will have to use the “My Bookings” tool to make the modifications.
- After you confirm the new booking, you will be unchecked automatically.
- Following this, complete the modifications and check in for the new trip.
Note: Connect with the call center 1 day before your departure to uncheck.
How Much are Ryanair Flight Change Fees?
To modify bookings, this airline levies a charge. The Ryanair change flight fee is based on the medium of modification.
|Medium Used||Charge (For Each Traveler and Each One-Way Flight)|
|Via call center Or, At the airport||£/€ 60|
What is the Ryanair Schedule Change?
Sometimes, the confirmed schedule is revised by this carrier due to unanticipated situations. Then the airline notifies the affected passenger via:
- Email notifications
- Over text messages
- The “My Bookings” page
Can I Get a Refund if Ryanair Changed My Flight?
Due to unfortunate schedule changes, affected travelers are offered a complete refund of the ticket value when:
- Schedule departure is revised by a minimum of 5 hours.
- Travelers don’t accept Ryanair changed flight booking.
- This carrier fails to book an acceptable alternate trip.
How to Claim the Refund?
On this airline’s website, there is the self-help tool “My Bookings.” You can go through the details of the schedule change reflected under your booking and claim a refund.
- Visit the website and select “My Bookings”.
- Log in to “myRyanair”.
- Tap on “Log In” to access your bookings.
- Select the affected booking and look for the refund section.
Note: You can also call the carrier’s agent to help you claim a refund for such schedule modifications.
Addressing Queries Related to Ryanair Flight Change
It is natural to have concerns related to modifying flight details. However, you can write about your concerns to this carrier at [email protected]. Make sure to add the following details:
- Booking reference
- Origin and destination
- Details on the required Ryanair flight change
On the other hand, reach out to an airline representative at the following sites:
To sum up, all modifications have been greatly simplified under this policy. It acts as a guide for making those revisions. Additionally, it outlines the assistance offered in the event that the airline modifies the schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions
On Ryanair, change flight for free during the initial 24 hours after making the reservation.
Yes, you can either modify or revoke your flight with regulations subject to your fare type.
The amount for rescheduling or revocation varies. Based on the actual costs, you can decide on an action.
Yes, passengers can modify their flights after booking them.
The online flight change fee on Ryanair is £/€ 45, whereas it costs £/€ 60 at the airport counter.
Passengers of Ryanair can change name on flights no less than 24 hours prior to the departure time.
You can visit the official website and navigate through the “My Bookings” section to alter the flight date.
Yes, you can change your flight one day prior to the scheduled departure times.
The grace period of 24 hours from the booking time allows you to reschedule your flight.
Get a complete refund if the operator changed the departure time by a minimum of 5 hours.
The Ryanair change flight destination facility is available in some scenarios.
Usually, with Ryanair, to change flight for free, use the 24-hour window from the point of booking.
Pertaining to situations that harm your safety or make flying difficult, the carrier changes flights.
In most instances, Flexi Plus fliers are not required to pay fees.