Aeroflot airlines ensure that the passengers receive the best solutions in case of a flight delay or cancellation. Refunds and Aeroflot flight compensation are available to help those affected by canceled or delayed flights.
Here is a rundown of the Aeroflot flight delay compensation policy to guide the passengers to make the right decisions and receive adequate compensation.
- What are the Guidelines Related to the Aeroflot Flight Delay?
- What is the eligibility for compensation for Aeroflot Flight Delay?
- What is the baggage delay reimbursement offered by Aeroflot Airlines?
- How to Claim Compensation for Flight Delay by Aeroflot?
- How to Contact the airline via Website/ Online
- How to contact via Airport Counter?
- How to request compensation over the Phone?
- Does the airline have social media for Solving Queries?
- How much is the Compensation Offered by the Airline for a flight delay?
- What are the options available to passengers in case of a flight delay or disruption?
- Is there a Refund Policy offered by the airline for Flight Delay?
What are the Guidelines Related to the Aeroflot Flight Delay?
Aeroflot aims to inform passengers of delays and cancellations as soon as possible. Here are the guidelines that the passengers must keep into account before applying on the website for Aeroflot flight delay compensation-
- Aeroflot airlines provide flight delay compensation under the Conditions of Carriage, Federal Aviation Regulations “General Rules for the Air Transportation of Passengers, Baggage, Cargo and Requirements for Servicing Passengers, Consignors, Consignees.
- The amount of compensation is determined by the flight’s distance and the number of hours by which it is delayed. Flight delays must last more than three hours to qualify for compensation.
- This compensation is available on top of the services that the airline is required to provide in specific circumstances like flight delays.
- If a flight is delayed for more than 2 hours or more than 5 hours, the airline must offer additional services and facilities, and the passenger is entitled to a full ticket refund.
- Passengers are also entitled to care such as two complimentary phone calls or two fax transmissions, internet access, complimentary meals in case of flight delays or unforeseen circumstances.
- Passengers who have already completed Aeroflot flight check-in are given hotel accommodations at contracted properties, meals, catering options, and hotel transportation if the delay is more than eight hours or more during the day or six hours or more at night.
What is the eligibility for compensation for Aeroflot Flight Delay?
Passengers are entitled to compensation if they experience a flight delay of over 3 hours or if their flight has been canceled. If denied boarding due to overbooking or missing a connection, they are also eligible for Aeroflot flight delay compensation.
The passengers can apply for flight delay compensation under the following circumstances and the following conditions apply for Aeroflot compensation delay-
- You have up to six years to contact Aeroflot and request your compensation and ticket refunds.
- It is applicable on flights operated and marketed by Aeroflot airlines.
- The flight is canceled or the delay is issued up to 14 days before the scheduled flight day.
- The flight delay led the passenger to miss the connecting flight to the desired location.
- Any airline operated your flight out of a European airport.
- Your flight was to a European airport on a European carrier.
- You are entitled to compensation under the conditions like Demonstrations by employees, maintenance issues,
Exceptions- Natural circumstances and conditions that are outside the control of the airline are not covered under the Flight delay compensation policy-
- Bad weather
- Natural catastrophes
- Closures of airports and airspace
- Bird attacks
- Government upheaval
- Air Traffic control strike
What is the baggage delay reimbursement offered by Aeroflot Airlines?
Aeroflot airlines allow passengers to claim reimbursement and refunds if the baggage is delayed or damaged during the journey. The passengers must take into account the following guidelines for a safe, genuine, and efficient claim of the baggage under the Aeroflot delayed baggage compensation or reimbursement policy.
Guidelines- Here are the following details regarding the Aeroflot baggage delay compensation for the passengers:
- Make sure to submit an application detailing the type and place of damage.
- The passengers must submit the Property Irregularity Report (PIR) and provide written proof for the airline administration.
- Submit the original copy of the baggage tag and the original invoices i.e. receipts indicating successful expenses.
- The passengers must submit their contact details like their telephone number, email address, and email address at the airport or via the online application to proceed with the application.
Time Frame to Submit the Claim- If you wish to claim your delayed Aeroflot checked baggage, make sure to contact the airline within this period-
|Type of Flight||Conditions|
|Domestic Flight||6 months|
|International Flight||21 days since the baggage is received|
How to claim Delay Baggage Reimbursement
To claim delayed baggage compensation Aeroflot-
- The passengers can either head to the nearest Aeroflot PJSC Representative Office or mail the receipt and other documents of the complaint with the application to the office via mail.
- The passengers must mail to 31 Mezhdunarodnoye shosse, Khimki district, Moscow Region, 141425.
- The airline will process the request and guide the passengers through the process.
- Once the request is approved, the passengers will receive their claim based on the size, route, type of flight, and damage incurred on the baggage.
- The airline does not state an exact compensation in case of baggage delay.
How to Claim Compensation for Flight Delay by Aeroflot?
The passengers can claim Aeroflot flight delay compensation if the flight is delayed for more than 3 hours. You can claim compensation or an E-voucher via the website, airport counter, or over the phone.
How to Contact the airline via Website/ Online
Here is how you can claim compensation via the website.
- Navigate the website, and choose the option “Details” from the main menu.
- Choose the option “Contact us”. You will find a feedback or support request application form.
- Choose the topic of concern, i.e., Flight Delay. Click on “Create”.
- Fill in personal details like surname, first name, email, address, country of residence, and the Aeroflot Bonus card number.
- You may have to enter the flight details like the ticker number, booking code, flight number, flight date, and the text of the appeal to receive the right guidance from the airline.
- It is recommended to attach files like the ticket, boarding pass copy, etc.
- Click on “Send”. The airline will respond back and process the request for Aeroflot delay compensation.
How to contact via Airport Counter?
The passengers can also connect with the airport staff directly if the flight is delayed by more than 3 hours.
- The passengers are liable to request compensation for flight delay, in case you reach the destination airport 3 hours late, or miss a connecting flight.
- Reach out to the counter and request compensation for flight delay.
- The airport staff addresses the issue and provides the possible available options.
- Apply for Aeroflot delayed flight compensation or refund.
How to request compensation over the Phone?
The passengers can contact the airline on the toll-free numbers given on the website. Follow the steps as follows
- You can contact the airline for a flight delay.
- The available numbers are as follows-
|From Russia||8 (800) 444-55-55|
|From Moscow||+7 (495) 223-55-55|
Does the airline have social media for Solving Queries?
The passengers can connect with the airline over their social media platforms. You can reach out to the airline for issues like flight delays, refunds, compensations, feedback for flight services, etc.
Here are some of the social media handles where you can contact the airline for queries-
|Social Media Platforms||Links|
How much is the Compensation Offered by the Airline for a flight delay?
The flight delay compensation Aeroflotis available for flights covered under Europe’s passenger rights called EC 261. It is important to note that the airlines departing the EU airports are covered under the scheme.
Here are the conditions and the compensations that the passengers can avail of in case of flight delay:
|Distance less than 1,500 km||Up to 263 USD per person|
|Internal EU flights more than 1,500 km||Up to 422 USD per person|
|Non-internal EU flights with a distance between 1,500 – 3,500 km||Up to 422 USD per person|
|Non-internal EU flights with distance more than 3,500 km||Up to 633 USD per person|
NOTE: The passengers must contact the airline or check the website for any updates or change in policy.
What are the options available to passengers in case of a flight delay or disruption?
Here are the three available options if there is a flight delay or cancellation-
- Rebook air tickets- The airline allows the passengers to rebook the tickets for unused international flights on a different time or date at no extra cost.
- How to Apply for an E-Voucher- Passengers can request an E-voucher for unused tickets within three years of departure, valid for the first unused portion of the trip.
- How to Issue the certificate- Passengers can apply for a new ticket with a 15% discount and 25% discount if booked under the “Flex fare plan”.
Is there a Refund Policy offered by the airline for Flight Delay?
Aeroflot has an online refund policy available to passengers if the flight is delayed by more than 5 hours, the passengers could not board the aircraft due to medical or personal reasons, or unforeseen circumstances.
Guidelines- The airline has laid down the following rules and regulations for the passengers who wish to avail of the Aeroflot refund policy–
- Online refunds are available only for the online air tickets bought via the website. Exceptions include tickets purchased via corporate loyalty program points or award tickets.
- The refunds are available for completely unused tickets and originally issued tickets (Excluding the re-issued tickets).
- The refund of the full price of the ticker is issued within ten business days.
- However, Aeroflot airline is not responsible for delays in a refund due to payment services, passenger’s bank, or payment systems.
- The online refund is available in any fare ticket currency.
- The tickets purchased under the non-refundable policy are not available for the online return.
Application for Ticket Return- The passengers can connect with the airline via the “Feedback section” from the main menu under the “Information/ Support section”.
- Head to the application subject and type in “Ticket Return”. Create the request and enter personal details like first name, last name, email, phone number, address, and other important details.
- It may take up to 20 days to process the request from the airline.
- You must add information related to the flight like the ticker number, booking code, flight number, flight date, city of departure, and the city of arrival.
- The passenger will receive a reply via email or text message regarding Aeroflot delay compensation.
In Conclusion, if you have experienced a flight delay or cancellation on an Aeroflot flight, you may be entitled to compensation under certain circumstances. The amount of compensation you can receive depends on the length of the delay and the distance of your flight. It is important to keep all your travel documents and boarding passes, as well as any other documentation related to your delay, to support your claim for compensation.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can request compensation via the “Feedback form” available on the website, at the airport, or over the phone.
Yes, you can connect with the airline staff at the airport counter to receive the required refund or compensation for flight delays.
If the flight is delayed by more than 3 hours or the airline cancels the flight up to 14 days before the departure, you can apply for delay compensation.
The passengers must file a “Property irregularity report” or PIR at the PJSC Representative office or via mail for baggage delay compensation.
You can claim up to 633 USD in compensation based on the route and distance of the flight on the itinerary.
You can apply for compensation or a refund for the unused portion of the ticket for the connecting flight.
The passengers can apply for a refund by filling up the feedback form for “Ticket return” or by contacting over the phone.
The passengers can apply for flight delay compensation up to 6 years from the day of booking reservation.
The airline may take up to two to three months to verify and initiate the compensation for the delay or flight cancellation.
Passengers are not entitled to a refund if they cancel the flight unless they have a flexible fare and can reschedule their flight to a later date.