This airline puts its best effort to be punctual and avoid flight interruptions. However, in some unprecedented events, it can be possible for the flight to get delayed. To offer convenience to the customers in such situations, this airline has given the Air Canada flight delay compensation policy.
This policy helps travelers to determine the amount of compensation that they are eligible to receive. It also discloses various other rules that are applicable for getting the refund and reimbursement in case of travel delays.
Hence, having a clear comprehension of this policy can help you claim your compensation easily and will also make your journey free of hassle.
- Rules Of Air Canada Flight Delay Compensation Policy
- Air Canada Baggage Delay Compensation Rules
- How Do I Claim For Delayed Flight Air Canada?
- Method 1: Online Option Of Claiming Air Canada Delay Compensation
- Method 2: Contacting The Customer Care Service
- What Is Given Under Air Canada Flight Delay Compensation?
- Air Canada Flight Delay Compensation Amount
- Air Canada Delayed Flight Missed Connection
Rules Of Air Canada Flight Delay Compensation Policy
The Air Canada policy for delayed flights mentions several rules and regulations. All the passengers who wish to claim their reimbursement for the flight delay must adhere to these regulations. These conditions also act as guidelines for the airline authorities themselves. Additionally, by following these conditions, travelers can avoid paying fines and penalties to the airline. Therefore, it is immensely important to know these regulations and conditions beforehand.
Given below are the main Air Canada flight delay compensation rules:
- The reservations made directly with the airline either through online or offline options will be eligible to request compensation for delays.
- In case your booking is not confirmed, you will not be allowed to claim a refund or a reimbursement.
- Passengers will not be qualified to receive a payment when the airline has informed you about the delay at least 15 days before the flight’s official departure.
- In order to get full compensation from Air Canada, travelers will be required to submit their claims within a year of the delay of the flight.
- The airline cannot be held responsible to provide you with any monetary reparation when your flight is late due to the following reasons:
|Incoming air traffic||Riots|
All of these circumstances are beyond the control of the airline. Hence, you will not be given any flight delay compensation in these cases. Other conditions in which the carrier can’t provide you with any remuneration are as follows:
- The Air Canada flight delay compensation will not be offered to passengers who have already been given the ‘denied boarding repayment’.
- You can only get a refund in case your flight is late by 3 hours or more.
- Sometimes, if possible, the airline can book its customers a new flight in the event of a delay or cancellation.
Note: Any updates made to this policy will be available on the main site of the carrier. You can visit this site from time to time to know about the recent updates in getting your flight delay compensation.
Air Canada Baggage Delay Compensation Rules
Delivering luggage on time is one of the main aims of the airline. Therefore, in the event of baggage delay, it makes sure to offer compensation to the passengers. This amount can depend on the duration and reason for the delay. Based on this, you will either be provided monetary compensation or other amenities.
Under the Air Canada delayed baggage compensation policy, the following regulations apply:
- In the event that you have not received your checked baggage upon arrival, you should immediately contact a baggage service agent at the arrival airport.
- Then, the agent will ask you for the following details:
- Boarding pass
- Baggage Claim Stubs
- Description of your bags
- Your personal information
- You will then be given a WorldTracer number with which you can track your luggage.
- The airline will deliver your delayed bags within 3 days. If it is unable to do so, then you will be entitled to the Air Canada baggage delay compensation.
- You can get this compensation amount or benefits simply by filling out the “Let Us Know Form” at the below-given link.
- The amount you will be receiving depends on the items you have lost and the monetary damages incurred during the baggage delay.
- You will also be provided with essential items immediately after you report your baggage is delayed.
Note: You can also call the customer care number of this airline to get updates about your Air Canada delayed baggage. This can be done after the submission of your claim.
How Do I Claim For Delayed Flight Air Canada?
You can claim your Air Canada flight delay compensation through 2 methods. It can be either by using the:
- “Let Us Know” page on the online site or
- Connecting with customer care.
The operating procedures of both these methods are quite different. You can make your choice depending on your requirement. Given below is the description of how to use each of these options.
Method 1: Online Option Of Claiming Air Canada Delay Compensation
To file a claim online, you will have to fill out a form. This is one of the most convenient methods as it is time-efficient. This option is available in any part of the world. You will simply have to enter your basic flight details and make your request.
The Air Canada flight delay compensation policy has given the following procedure to access this form:
- Open your browser on your device to enter https://accc-prod.microsoftcrmportals.com/en-CA/air-canada-contact-us/
- This link will redirect you to the “Let Us Know” page of the carrier.
- Now, you will see a variety of features. From these features, select the “Flight Delay or Cancellation Claim”.
- Scroll down on the page, and you will find the “Submit a delay/cancellation claim” button given in red.
- A new redirected page will open where you will have to submit your personal details. Personal information like the full name of the passenger, city, and email will have to be submitted to the website.
Tip: To speed up the process of receiving compensation, ensure that correct particulars are submitted. Every passenger’s full name must be correctly spelled, as per the guidelines of the policy for Air Canada change name on ticket.
- Flight details like booking number, whether you claim it is for a regular flight or Air Canada delay missed connection and booking reference should be mentioned as well.
- After entering all these details carefully, click on the “Submit” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Your claim is now submitted and the airline will soon get in touch with you.
- The carrier can take anywhere between 6-12 working days to pay you the flight delay compensation.
Note: You can also use this method to request an Air Canada delay refund and not just compensation.
Method 2: Contacting The Customer Care Service
Another simple way to claim compensation for delays is by using the customer care service. This option is deemed to be the most secure way of claiming an Air Canada delay compensation.
You can reach out to the agents, explain your issue and make a reimbursement request. Then, the air staff will make the process easier for you by performing the compensation procedure themselves.
Call the given number to connect with the airline agents: 000 800 040 1885
This is the general customer service number. If the call does not go through with this number, you can do the following:
- Open the online site of the carrier by keying in the link www.aircanada.com
- On the homepage of the site, go to the “Customer Support” section.
- Here, you will find different numbers that will help you reach out to the agents.
Once you connect with the agents:
- Inform them about the delay in your flight and your wish to claim compensation.
- Submit all the necessary details as asked by the agents.
- The authorities will then explain to you all the guidelines of the Air Canada flight delay compensation policy before initiating the process.
- Pay the service charges, if required.
Note: This is the best method to use for claiming money on reservations made through third parties.
Some travelers may be flying with their pets. Their flights may get delayed. This can cause inconvenience for both owners and animals. Using the method above, you can seek assistance in addition to claiming compensation.
What Is Given Under Air Canada Flight Delay Compensation?
If it is confirmed that your flight is late, the airline will first try to rebook an alternative one. When this is not possible, you will be given other compensatory amenities. Your Air Canada delay reimbursement benefits on your delayed flight by 2 hours or more is as follows:
- Free food and drinks for each person depending on your arrival destination.
- Hotel services and rooms nearby in case of overnight delays.
- You will be allowed communication services free of cost.
- Transportation services between the airport and your hotel accommodation are subject to availability and the extent of the delay.
You will be allowed to claim an Air Canada delay refund in case your delay extends 3 hours. In such scenarios, you can deny the other compensatory services and directly ask for a refund. Refunds will be given on the unused portion of the ticket only. You can request a refund by:
- Visiting the official site of the carrier and navigating to the “Let Us Know” page using the link mentioned above.
- Select the “Refund Request” tab.
- Fill in the “Regarding” section and mention the reason for the refund in the “Issue” section.
- Submit your claim by following the on-screen instructions.
- The authorities will soon get in contact with you through the registered email address or phone to process your request.
Note: It may take a while for the carrier to process your Air Canada delay refund claim due to high website traffic.
Air Canada Flight Delay Compensation Amount
The exact amount of Air Canada delay reimbursement depends on the length of the delay. Sometimes, the distance of your flight can also be taken into account.
The monetary compensation can be given along with the other free services. This amount will be deposited to you in the original payment mode within a few days after you make your claim.
The following table describes the amount of compensation you are qualified to receive based on the time of delay:
|Time Of Delay||Amount Of Compensation|
|3 to 6 hours||CAD 400 or USD 308|
|6 to 9 hours||CAD 700 or USD 539|
|More than 9 hours||CAD 1000 or USD 770|
This amount can change if the EU does not operate your arrival or departure airport. The table given below highlights the amount of compensation based on the distance and if it is EU-operated airports or not.
|Flight Distance||Amount Of Compensation|
|Less than 1500 km||Euros 250 or USD 254|
|More than 1500 km (EU Flights)||Euros 400 or USD 407|
|Between 1500 and 3500 km (Non-EU Flights)||Euros 400 or USD 407|
|More than 3500 km (Non-EU Flights)||Euros 600 or USD 611|
Note: The compensation on both EU and non-EU flights is given per passenger.
Air Canada Delayed Flight Missed Connection
Suppose your initial flight is late and you miss your connecting flight as well. In such cases, you will be entitled to receive the Air Canada delay missed connection compensation. You can either request a rebooking or a refund when you miss your flight. In case you choose to rebook, the airline will assign you a new flight to help reach your destination.
When you want a refund, you will have to cancel your originally booked flight. You will then be given a refund after deducting fare differences. The other rules of missed connection compensation are the same as those for regular flight delays.
Not only is the Air Canada flight delay compensation policy easy to understand, but it is also inclusive. Under this policy, passengers can get various benefits and free services. The procedure to make your claim is also clearly described by this policy. Rules regarding refund and missed connections are given importance as well. Therefore, if you are flying with this airline, you will not have to fret about delays or cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
On this airline, you can make your flight delay compensation claim either by online or offline methods. For the inline method, go to the online site of the carrier and find the “Let Us Know” page under the “Help” section. For the offline option, contact the customer care service at the toll-free number of the airline. This toll-free number can be available on the main site of Air Canada Airlines.
According to the Air Canada policy for delayed flights, you can receive cost-free services as compensation. These include meals and drinks free of cost. You will also be offered hotel accommodation and transport facilities as well. Based on your flight distance, you can access communication services in case of long delays.
Under this offline option, you can simply call the airline’s customer care number which is 000 800 040 1885. Then, request compensation by mentioning the reason. Submit all the necessary details as asked by the agents. Your reimbursement process will soon be initiated by the authorities. Please note that you would not be required to pay any service charges for making your compensation request.
You will be allowed to ask for a full refund once your flight has been delayed for more than 3 hours. You can do so by filling out the “Let Us Know” form on the online site of the airline. You will be given a refund for your Air Canada flight delayed 3 hours based on the distance of the flight.
When the delay in your flight does not exceed 2 hours, you will not be qualified to claim a full refund. You can request a rebooking. The airline will put you on a new flight with the same itinerary. You will also be provided with free meals. However, you cannot request monetary compensation.
For flight delays of more than 9 hours, you can get USD 770 as compensation. For delays ranging between 6 to 9 hours, you will be given USD 539 as reimbursement. Passengers can receive USD 308 as Air Canada 4 hour delay compensation. There can be slight variations in this amount as per the flight distance.