Although airlines try to adhere to their original timetable, at times they are not able to meet the flight schedule. Travelers find those that go longer than 3 hours to be the most unpleasant. In this case, passengers are entitled to not just the refund but also the Cathay Pacific flight delay compensation.
- When Can You Receive Compensation for a Cathay Pacific Delay Flight?
- What to do if your Cathay Pacific flight is disrupted?
- How much Compensation is Available for Canceled Flights with Cathay Pacific?
- Canceled flight refund
- Flight cancellation compensation amount
- Compensation under COVID-19 Cancellation
- Food, drinks, lodging, & communication are all rights of care
- How can I submit a claim?
- How to claim Cathay Pacific Delayed Flight Compensation?
When Can You Receive Compensation for a Cathay Pacific Delay Flight?
You may be eligible to receive compensation for a delayed flight on Cathay Pacific if the delay was caused by the airline and was longer than 3 hours. In addition –
- Passengers who are denied boarding even after they completed the check-in on Cathay Pacific.
- The passenger missed the connection due to a delay from the first flight.
- If your flight is canceled and you’re not offered an alternative flight that is acceptable,
What to do if your Cathay Pacific flight is disrupted?
In case of flight disruptions or delays, the airline offers the latest information and flight schedule on the homepage. Passengers can check the flight status on the website.
Provide Contact Information
To receive the most recent changes, please check that your contact information is updated under Cathay Pacific Manage booking. Passengers can sign up for SMS alerts from notiFLY to receive updates on flight status.
When there is no internet access, this is extremely useful. It should be noted that notiFLY text messages won’t be delivered if you switch your mobile phone’s SIM card while you’re traveling.
Prior to a flight disruption, the airline will release special ticketing rules that will enable travelers to make Cathay Pacific flight change for free, subject to the cause of the flight cancellation.
- Passengers who booked flights through the Cathay Pacific mobile app or website may amend their travel plans via Manage booking.
- Passengers who made their reservation through a travel agent should first seek assistance from that agent.
Please note – The airline will try its best to automatically rebook you into the following flight with the exact cabin you initially purchased if your flight is canceled or delayed and you miss it. Your updated flight information will appear in Manage booking. Please be aware that processing your new travel plans can take some time if there are a lot of affected passengers.
How much Compensation is Available for Canceled Flights with Cathay Pacific?
If your flight is canceled, you might receive up to 700 USD per person. However, the airline must first provide you with a different means of transportation or a full refund of your ticket price.
Canceled flight refund
When an airline cancels a flight, you have 3 alternatives to choose from as your first entitlement:
- The full or partial refund of your ticket.
- A change in your intended route to get there, whether by car, train, or another mode of transportation.
- A fresh ticket to your intended location.
Flight cancellation compensation amount
If you were informed of the cancellation 14 days or less before your flight was scheduled to depart, you may be eligible for up to 636 USD in compensation per traveler.
The table below lists your entitlements according to the duration of the alternate flight’s delay:
|Distance||Less than 2 Hr (USD)||2-3 Hr (USD)||3-4 Hr (USD)||More than 4 Hr(USD)||Not Arrived (USD)|
|Less than 1,500||132||265||265||265||265|
|Internal flights over 1,500 Km||212||212||424||424||424|
|Non-internal flights over 1,500-3,500 Km||212||212||424||424||424|
|Non-internal flights over 3,500 Km||318||318||318||636||636|
Compensation under COVID-19 Cancellation
Many flights were canceled as a result of COVID-19, which severely upended the aviation sector. The aviation industry, like no one else, could have predicted the long-lasting consequences this epidemic would have on the world. Therefore, COVID-19 qualified as an exceptional condition.
You are not entitled to receive further compensation under EC 261 or any other international flight compensation rules if COVID-19 caused your flight to be canceled.
Food, drinks, lodging, & communication are all rights of care
The airline is required to give passengers food and drinks when flights are delayed by two hours or more upon takeoff.
Frequently, it comes in the form of a lunch coupon. Beside
- Overnight accommodation would be provided if the alternate flight includes an overnight stay.
- Complimentary airport transfer
- Unlimited internet access.
How can I submit a claim?
It’s time to submit a claim under EC 261 once you have resolved the circumstances of your canceled flight.
As soon as you find that your flight has been canceled, begin gathering documents because the more you can, the better.
- All boarding cards, tickets, and other documentation that attests to the cancellation of your flight.
- If you are already at the terminal, take a screenshot of the message stating that your flight has been canceled or a photo of the flight board.
- Request formal confirmation from the airline detailing the Cathay Pacific cancellation flight and its cause.
- Keep any receipts for any additional expenses you made as a consequence, such as for food, lodging, clothing, toiletries, and more.
Work directly with the airline to arrange a different trip to your final destination, and make a note of the arrival time. This is crucial since you only begin to get reimbursement after at least a 3-hour delay in reaching your destination.
Improvements and Reductions
On the substitute flight, it’s conceivable that your seat will be in a different class than the one you initially reserved.
- The airline is prohibited from charging you more if the only seats left on an alternate aircraft are located in a higher class.
- Refunds ranging from 35 to 75% of the original ticket price are available for passengers who were originally scheduled to travel in first class but wind up on a different trip in coach.
How to claim Cathay Pacific Delayed Flight Compensation?
To claim compensation for a delayed flight on Cathay Pacific, you will need to submit a claim through their website or contact their customer service department.
At the Airport
To claim compensation for a delayed flight at the airport on Cathay Pacific, you should first speak to a customer service representative at the airport.
- They will be able to provide you with information on the process and any required documentation.
- You may be asked to fill out a claim form or provide information about your flight, such as the flight number, date, and the reason for the delay.
- You may also need to provide documentation such as a copy of your ticket or boarding pass.
Connect over call
To claim Cathay Pacific delayed flight compensation over the phone –
- You will need to call the airline’s customer service hotline and provide them with the details of your flight and the delay.
- They will then process your claim and let you know if you are eligible for compensation.
- It is also important to have your flight information and documentation ready to provide to the customer service representative.
Note – Passengers calling from the United States may refer to this number – +1-833-933-2244.
Contact Cathay Pacific through WhatsApp
The best and the most convenient way to claim the Cathay Delayed flight compensation is to contact airlines through WhatsApp.
- Start a WhatsApp conversation with Cathay Pacific at +852 2747 2747.
- Start a conversation on WhatsApp by scanning the QR code below.
- Click this link to reach WhatsApp.
Connect via Social Media
It is possible to claim Cathay Pacific delayed flight compensation via social media, but the process may vary depending on the platform. Here are the steps to claim compensation via social media:
- Locate the official Cathay Pacific social media account on the platform you are using (Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- Send a direct message or post on their page, providing details about your delayed flight, including the flight number, date, and reason for the delay.
- Be sure to include your contact information, such as your email address and phone number.
- Cathay Pacific customer service team will get back to you as soon as possible and will provide the instructions and guide you through the process.
- It is worth noting that it might take longer to process your claim via social media than by phone or email.
|Social Media Platform||Cathay Pacific Social Media Profiles|
Overall, Cathay Pacific is a service-oriented airline. Hence, if you had to experience any delay or inconvenience during your flight, you can rest assured that the airline will give their utmost help to correct the problem.
Frequently Asked Questions
If the flight is delayed by 3 or more hours, passengers are entitled to compensation.
According to DOT regulations, if you are delayed on the tarmac for more than 3 hours on domestic flights, you are entitled to compensation.
If the airline is at fault for the aircraft arriving more than 3 hours late, such as if they didn’t receive enough reservations or there was a technical issue, you are entitled to compensation.
Start with, speaking to the airport airline agents. The procedure for requesting compensation should be explained by the airline agents.
If an airline rejects your claim, you must seek legal counsel or lodge a grievance with the airport’s management. You must, however, comprehend the grounds for the claim’s refusal.