When it comes to selecting your seat on our flights, we understand the importance of finding the perfect spot to make your travel experience as enjoyable as possible. With a variety of seating options available, you can choose the one that best suits your needs and preferences. From extra legroom to preferred seating, JetBlue seat selection has something for everyone.
What are the seating options available with JetBlue?
JetBlue offers a few different seating options, depending on the type of plane and the route you are flying. Here are some of the options under JetBlue seat assignment program –
- Blue Basic – This is JetBlue’s most basic fare. JetBlue Basic seat selection comes with no advanced seat assignment.
- Blue – This is JetBlue’s standard economy fare and includes a standard economy seat with the option to choose a seat assignment in advance for a fee.
- Even More Space – This option offers extra legroom in the first few rows of the economy cabin, as well as in designated exit rows.
- Mint – JetBlue’s premium option is available on select long-haul flights and features lie-flat seats in a 2-2 configuration, individual entertainment screens, and a more extensive food and beverage menu.
- Mint Suites – On JetBlue’s A321LR planes, the Mint product is upgraded with private suites featuring sliding doors, lie-flat seats, and personal entertainment screens.
Note: JetBlue seating options may vary based on the specific aircraft and route, so it’s always best to check with the airline.
What is the seating configuration with JetBlue? (Map)
JetBlue offers several seating configurations on its aircraft, and the specific configuration can vary depending on the type of plane and route. Here are some general guidelines:
- Airbus A320 – This aircraft typically has 150 seats in a 3-3 configuration. There are 42 seats in Even More Space, which offer extra legroom, and 108 seats in standard economy.
- Airbus A321 – This aircraft typically has 200 seats in a 2-3 configuration. There are 6 seats in Even More Space, and features 28 rows.
- Airbus A321neo – This aircraft typically has 160 seats including 42 Even More Space. There are 14 fully enclosed Mint suites with door access and aisle access.
- Embraer E190 – This aircraft typically has 100 seats in a 2-2 configuration. There are 16 seats in Even More Space, and 84 seats in standard economy.
- Airbus A220 – This aircraft typically has 140 seats in a 2-3 configuration. There are 41 seats in Even More Space, and 159 seats in standard economy.
Note: The configurations for JetBlue flight seat map are subject to change.
How does the advance seat selection work with JetBlue?
JetBlue allows passengers to select their seats in advance. Here’s how the advance JetBlue seat selection process typically works –
- Seat selection is available during the booking process – When you book a flight with JetBlue, you’ll have the option to select your seat during the booking process. If you don’t request a JetBlue seat assignment at that time, you can still select a seat later.
- Seat selection is available up to 24 hours before departure – You can log into your JetBlue account and select your seat up to 24 hours before your flight’s scheduled departure time. If you don’t select a seat by then, you will be automatically assigned a seat at check-in.
- Some seats may cost extra – JetBlue offers several types of seats, including standard seats, extra legroom seats, and even “Mint” seats (which are only available on select routes). The price of your seat will depend on the type of seat you choose and your flight itinerary.
- Seat selection is subject to availability – JetBlue allows you to select a seat, but the availability of seats is subject to change. If the flight is full or nearly full, you may not be able to select the seat of your choice.
- Families with children are given priority – JetBlue makes every effort to seat families with young children together. If you’re traveling with a child under the age of 14, you’ll be given priority for seat selection so that you can sit together.
Overall, JetBlue advance seat selection process is fairly straightforward, and the airline offers a variety of seating options to meet different travelers’ needs.
What are the ways to select the seat on JetBlue?
The airlines offers several ways for passengers to select their seats, including:
Through the website
From its website, you can view Manage Trips. Look for your flight and use Select Seats as the option to find it.
You can follow the steps given below to go further:
- Open “www.jetblue.com”.
- On the official site, you can find the option “Manage Trips” on the notification panel.
- You can now be redirected to a page that will give you the option to find your flight. Here, the various reasons for finding it can be mentioned. Go with the “select seats” option.
- To find your flight for JetBlue online seat selection, you have to provide your “Flight Confirmation Code” and “Last Name”.
- Continue by clicking on the “Find Flight” button provided below.
- Upon viewing your reservation, select the seat you prefer by going through the JetBlue Airways seating chart.
- Then complete the process by paying the mentioned Jet Blue seat selection fee, if required.
During the booking process
When booking a flight, passengers can select their seats directly on the JetBlue website or app. Here are the steps to select a seat at the time of booking with JetBlue:
- Go to the JetBlue website at www.jetblue.com and enter your departure and arrival cities, travel dates, and number of passengers. Then click on “Search flights.”
- Choose your desired flight from the search results, and select the fare class that you want to book.
- On the seat selection page, you will see a map of the plane with available seats highlighted in blue.
- Select the seat you want by clicking on it, and then click “Continue” to proceed with your booking.
- If you are traveling with other people and want to sit together, you can select multiple seats at once by clicking on each seat you want, and then clicking “Continue.”
- If you do not select a seat at the time of booking, JetBlue will assign one to you for free at check-in. However, if you want to guarantee a specific seat, it’s best to select one at the time of booking.
- If you have any issues or questions with seat selection, you can contact JetBlue’s customer service for assistance.
Passengers can also choose their seats during the online check-in process, which opens 24 hours before the scheduled departure time. Passengers can request check-in through JetBlue Manage Booking section. Here are the steps to request seat selection with JetBlue at the time of check-in –
- Check-in for your flight – You can check-in for your JetBlue flight up to 24 hours before your departure time using the JetBlue website, mobile app, or at a JetBlue kiosk at the airport.
- Choose “Seat Selection” – Once you have checked in, you will be prompted to select a seat from the several JetBlue seating options. Choose the “Seat Selection” option to view available seats.
- View available seats – You will be able to see all the available seats on the plane. You can choose a seat that suits your preferences, such as a window or aisle seat, and select it.
- Pay for any seat upgrades – If you want to upgrade to a seat with more legroom or additional amenities, you can do so at this point. The cost of the upgrade will depend on the availability of seats and the fare type you purchased.
- Confirm your seat selection – Once you have selected your seat, review the details to ensure that it is correct. You can make changes if needed.
- Check-in – Once you have confirmed your seat selection, you can proceed with the check-in process, which includes printing your boarding pass or having it sent to your mobile device.
At the airport
If a passenger did not select a seat during booking or through JetBlue Flight check-in, they can choose their seat at the airport kiosk or ticket counter. To request seat selection with JetBlue at the airport, follow these steps:
- Go to the JetBlue check-in counter at the airport.
- Provide your flight information and identification to the JetBlue representative.
- Let the representative know that you would like to request a specific seat or seat type.
- The representative will check the available seats and try to accommodate your request based on availability.
- If the seat you requested is available, the representative will assign it to you and print your boarding pass with the seat information.
- If the seat you requested is not available, the representative will offer you other available seats or seat types to choose from.
Passengers can also request JetBlue seat upgrade to a preferred seat for an additional fee, which offers more legroom and a better location on the plane. If you want to upgrade to a preferred seat with JetBlue, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the JetBlue website at www.jetblue.com.
- Log in to your JetBlue account. If you don’t have an account, you will need to create one.
- Select the flight for which you want to upgrade your seat.
- When selecting your seat, you will see an option to upgrade to a preferred seat. Click on the “Upgrade” button next to the preferred seat you want.
- Follow the prompts to pay for the upgrade. The cost of the upgrade will depend on the flight and the seat you choose.
- After you have paid for the upgrade, you will receive a confirmation email with your new seat assignment.
Note: If you are a JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic member, you are automatically eligible for free seat selection.
What are the seat specifications with JetBlue?
JetBlue is a low-cost airline that operates in the United States and some international destinations. The specifications for JetBlue airplane seats vary depending on the type of plane and the specific configuration, but here are some general guidelines:
- JetBlue’s A320 aircraft typically have 150 seats, while their A321 aircraft typically have 200 seats.
- JetBlue’s newer A220 aircraft have 140 seats.
- The seat pitch on JetBlue’s planes is generally 32-33 inches in regular economy class.
- JetBlue offers “Even More Space” seats, which have extra legroom and are located in the front rows of the plane and the exit rows. These seats usually have a pitch of 38 inches.
- JetBlue’s Mint class, which is available on some transcontinental and international flights, offers lie-flat seats with 60-61 inches of pitch and a width of 22 inches.
|Aircraft||Mint Suite||Even More Space||Mint Standard||Economy||Total Seats|
|Airbus A320||n/a||Pitch: 38″ to 39″ Width: 17.8″||n/a||Pitch: 34″ Width: 17.8″||150|
|Airbus A320 V2||n/a||Pitch: 35″ to 38″ Width: 18.4″||n/a||Pitch: 32″ Width: 18.4″||162|
|Airbus A321 (Mint)||Pitch/Bed: 60″/80″ Width: 22″||Pitch: 37″ to 41″ Width: 18″||Pitch/Bed: 58″/80″ Width: 20.5″||Pitch: 33″ Width: 18″||159|
|Airbus A321 (non-Mint)||n/a||Pitch: 37″ to 41″ Width: 18″||n/a||Pitch: 32″ Width: 18″||200|
|Airbus A321neo||n/a||Pitch: 35″ to 38″ Width: 18″||n/a||Pitch: 32″ Width: 18″||200|
|Embraer E-190||n/a||Pitch: 39″ Width: 18.25″||n/a||Pitch: 32″ Width: 18.25″||100|
What is the seat assignment cost with JetBlue?
JetBlue seat selection fee vary depending on a variety of factors such as the type of ticket purchased, the route, and the time of booking.
- For example, “Blue Basic” fare, which is the airline’s most basic and least expensive fare, does not include a free seat selection, and a JetBlue blue basic seat selection fee will apply. It ranges from 10 USD to 35 USD or more, depending on the seat’s location and availability.
- Passengers can purchase Even More space seat starting at 10 USD one-way. If a reservation is canceled before the departure time, the Even More Space cost is only partially refunded.
- On the other hand, other fares, such as “Blue,” “Blue Plus,” and “Mint” usually come with a JetBlue free seat upgrade, but passengers may still choose to pay extra for a preferred or extra-legroom seat.
Note – The JetBlue seat selection fee may vary. For most accurate information, contact the JetBlue airlines.
In conclusion, JetBlue seat selection allows passengers to choose their preferred seat and enhance their travel experience. With a range of seating options available, including extra legroom, more space, and even seats with built-in entertainment, JetBlue provides a comfortable and personalized journey for all passengers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Seat selection may not be available for your ticket: Depending on the fare type you purchased, seat selection may not be included in your ticket.
Yes, JetBlue offers the option to select your seats when booking a flight.
Blue Basic fares come with some restrictions, such as not being able to make changes or cancellations to your reservation, and not being able to select certain seats.
The cost to select a seat on JetBlue depends on several factors, such as the type of fare you purchased, the route you are flying, and the seat you want to select.
Yes you may. But the decision to pay for seat selection on JetBlue ultimately depends on your personal preferences and priorities.
JetBlue offers free seat selection for all passengers during the check-in process, which typically opens 24 hours before departure.
JetBlue offers free seat selection to members of their frequent flyer programs. If you plan on traveling with the airline frequently, consider joining their program.
Visit JetBlue’s website. Click on “Manage Trips”. Enter your confirmation code and last name or log in to your TrueBlue account. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.
If you’re traveling on a short-haul flight or a Basic Blue fare, you may only be able to select your seat at check-in.
The ability to change your seat assignment may depend on the fare type you purchased, as well as the availability of seats on your desired flight.
If you booked a Blue Basic fare, you will not be able to change your seat after booking without paying a fee. However, if you booked a Blue, Blue Plus, or Blue Extra fare, you can change your seat.