The Lufthansa manage booking policy allows users to modify and purchase services online. Any last-minute changes are simplified for the convenience of travelers. These modifications/changes can relate to services like cancellations, seats, baggage, and more.
- What are the Terms to Manage Booking on Lufthansa?
- Can I Cancel Lufthansa Flight Tickets?
- What are the Terms for Lufthansa Excess Baggage?
- Can I Purchase and Manage the Preferred Seat on Lufthansa?
- Can I Rebook Lufthansa Flights?
- Is there a Lufthansa Flight Upgrade Option?
- What Other Actions does Lufthansa Manage Booking Section Offer?
- Resolving Issues to Manage Bookings with Lufthansa
What are the Terms to Manage Booking on Lufthansa?
There are terms in place for the smooth management of reservations. They are as follows:
- The manage booking feature allows for the cancellation of flights.
- You may also be eligible to make flight changes.
- Excess bags or extra items can be added to existing reservations.
- The Lufthansa Manage My Bookings option enables users to:
- Make advance seat reservations.
- Add special meals.
- See the schedule details.
- Revise the contact information.
- Add visa and passport details.
- Include the information about the “Secure Flight” program.
Can I Cancel Lufthansa Flight Tickets?
Travelers who are no longer willing to carry forward with their bookings can revoke them.
- Lufthansa flight ticket cancellation policy allows for cancellations up to 24 hours before departure.
- A revocation charge may be applied, depending on the fare type.
- There is a penalty to undo the Award Tickets.
- For a direct booking, the refund gets automatically processed upon revocation.
- Those with indirect reservations will have to make refund requests.
How to Cancel the Lufthansa Flight?
Visit the airline’s website to carry out the ticket reversal action. Use the Lufthansa manage booking online feature to do so.
- From the main page, find “My Bookings” and click on it.
- Add the following:
- “Booking Code”
- “First Name”
- “Last Name”
- Tap on “Find Bookings” and the flight details will load.
- Flights that can be revoked will bear the “Cancellation” button.
- Click on that button for revoking the relevant flight.
- This will result in the reversal and you will receive an automated email.
What are the Terms for Lufthansa Excess Baggage?
It is possible to manage Lufthansa bookings and buy extra allowance in advance. For this, the applicable terms are:
- Purchase this excess allowance for your existing bookings before check-in.
- Fees apply when quantity is maintained but weight and dimensions exceed.
- Use the “Baggage Calculator” of the operator to get fee details on:
- Excess bags
- Additional luggage items
Regarding Additional Weight
The baggage policy for Lufthansa permits you to add an additional bag of up to 23 kg in weight when you have an “Economy Class Light Fare.”
How can I Add Excess or Additional Baggage to Lufthansa Bookings?
Use the Manage My Lufthansa booking option to add baggage through the airline’s official website. Here are some steps to make this process easy:
- While on the homepage of the website, find “My Bookings”.
- Fill in the required sections to retrieve the bookings.
- Otherwise, tap on “Log In and Register”.
- Once the trip is recovered or you are logged in, skim through the actions.
- Find the option for the addition of excess or additional baggage.
- Follow relevant instructions.
- Make the payment to successfully end the process.
Can I Purchase and Manage the Preferred Seat on Lufthansa?
It is best to purchase the desired seating arrangement ahead of time. You can do this using the Lufthansa manage booking seats option.
- This is available for planes operated by such carriers:
- LufthansaLufthansa Regional (Lufthansa City Line and Air Dolomiti)
- Lufthansa Express Rail (DB)
- Such purchases must wait until confirmation of the airline reservation.
- Seat purchases must be made 52 hours prior to the takeoff time.
- At the time of check-in, choose a seat for free from the remaining assignments.
Change Your Seat
When you have purchased a seat at the time of reservation, you can modify it.
- Seat modifications are allowed at:
- Similar price ranges
- Or, a lower value
- You will be charged a cost of modification, depending on the type of fare purchased.
- For certain flight routes and fare categories, it can be altered for free.
How to Purchase or Change Lufthansa Preferred Seats?
With the help of the Manage Booking Lufthansa option, you can select your seat easily and use the self-service feature available on its website.
- Find “My Bookings” while browsing the homepage.
- To retrieve the reservations, fill out the required fields.
- Add this information:
- “Booking Code”
- “First Name”
- “Last Name”
- Alternatively, you can tap on “Log In and Register“.
- Once the trip details load, quickly scan the actions.
- Look for the Lufthansa seat selection or change option.
- Abide by the instructions and pay any applicable fees.
Can I Rebook Lufthansa Flights?
Your eligibility for rebooking is determined based on your fare conditions.
- When the carrier revokes a flight, it automatically rebooks you on another one.
- You can choose to book a different flight in place of the one booked by the airline.
- Use the Lufthansa flight manage booking option to rebook disrupted flights.
- Make sure that the rebooking is executed within the ticket’s validity period.
- All such actions can be performed via the “My Bookings” tool.
- Additional purchases may still be valid for the rebooked flight (conditions applied).
Is there a Lufthansa Flight Upgrade Option?
To ensure that its customers are comfortable, this airline gives them the option of flight upgrades.
- There are 3 options for upgradations:
- At fixed rates
- Using accumulated miles
- At the rate they want
- Lufthansa Airlines manage booking allows you to upgrade to the following classes:
- “Premium Economy”“Business Class”
- “First Class”
- Flight routes have an impact on the services provided.
How to Upgrade My Class on Lufthansa?
When you get to the airline’s website, adhere to these steps to successfully upgrade to a better class:
- Tap on “Log In and Register”
- Fill in the relevant information.
- The system automatically processes eligible flights for upgradation.
- Hit the “Upgrade” link beside a flight.
- Add the payment details.
- Confirm the upgraded reservation.
- You will receive a confirmation shortly.
What Other Actions does Lufthansa Manage Booking Section Offer?
The Lufthansa booking management feature allows you to add meals, opt for additional travel services, and update your information:
Reserving Special Meals
Passengers may need special food, owing to religious limitations, dietary constraints, or nutritional factors.
- There are 11 different meal options available for flights operated by this carrier.
- Bookings for these meals are accepted up to 24 hours prior to departure.
- There are no additional fees associated with this service.
Buy a “Rail&Fly” Ticket
This is a special travel service to/from the airport. It is offered in Germany for international flights.
- When you have this ticket, you get to complete Lufthansa flight check in 72 hours before departure.
- Other details can be obtained by speaking to an airline agent via call.
To avoid the last-minute hassle, it is advised to have an updated profile. Update these details via the Lufthansa Airlines Manage My Booking facility:
- Contact specifics
- Frequent Flyer information
- Other saved preferences.
Resolving Issues to Manage Bookings with Lufthansa
Get quick solutions for your issues by contacting the carrier’s team. Dial the country-specific calling ID number from the table given below:
|Country||Calling ID||Country||Calling ID|
|Albania||+355 4 450 0295||The United States||+1 800 – 645 38 80|
|Czech Republic||+420 296 335 612||Canada||+1 833 9512503|
|Angola||+244 222 311 153||Greece||+30 211 1211712|
|Israel||03-9058049||Costa Rica||+506 25397394|
|Lebanon||+961 1 347007||Denmark||+45 43326774|
|Philippines||+63 2 8540 1054||Switzerland||+41 435 478 631|
|Azerbaijan||+994 12 4 907050||Costa Rica||+506 25397394|
|China (Mainland)||+86 4008 868 868||Argentina||+54 11 39915953|
|Paraguay||+54 11 3991 5957||Finland||+358 972522556|
|Belarus||+375 17 292 89 99||Romania||+40 21 655 0719|
|Singapore||+65 66709749||South Africa||+27 0800 00 7491|
|The United Arab Emirates||+971 600595556||Hungary||+361 429 2200|
|Bosnia||+387 63 990 001||Tunisia||+21631378149|
Note: Check the official website to find calling IDs for other countries.
Alternatively, ask the carrier your questions using any of the following platforms:
Lufthansa My bookings option works best for making necessary alterations. It makes it possible to manage reservations through a self-service platform. Moreover, it gives travelers a variety of options to enhance their trips.
Frequently Asked Questions
For flight rebooking-related queries, contact the airline at +1 800 – 645 38 80 from the USA or head to the “Help and Contact” for other locations.
Head to “My Bookings” on the official website and enter the booking code and last name to access the flights.
The PNR (Passenger Name Record) number is a unique six-digit alphanumeric code assigned to a passenger after purchasing the flight reservation.
Log into your account or access your reservation using “My Bookings” on the homepage to change the flight details.
Check the email confirmation or sms on the registered phone number after completing the reservation to get the booking code.
It is recommended to contact the third-party agent to modify, alter, or access the flight details.
Retrieve the reservation via the “My Bookings” section, enter the booking details, and cancel the flight. Choose a refund or contact the airline for more information.
Passengers can add/subtract/change luggage preferences via “My Bookings” by accessing the flight details and choosing “Baggage”.
Head to the website, choose “My Booking” and once you access the flights, choose the change name correction option and enter the correct name and submit documents.
Lufthansa allows passengers to book their seating arrangement in advance, either when booking their flight or later by logging in to their booking.