When traveling as an unaccompanied minor, the child must be accompanied to the airport by a parent or guardian and must be met at their destination by a designated person. Additionally, Cathay Pacific unaccompanied minors service is not allowed to travel on connecting flights and must be booked on non-stop flights only.
- What are the Rules For Cathay Pacific Unaccompanied minors Flying?
- What is the Journey of an Unaccompanied Minor with Cathay Pacific?
- How to Book Cathay Pacific Unaccompanied Minor Service?
- Book UMNR service online
- Book UMNR service over the phone
- Book UNMR through WhatsApp
- Connect Cathay Pacific on Social Media
- Documents required to book Cathay Pacific Unaccompanied Minor?
- What are the Country-Specific Guidelines For Cathay Pacific Unaccompanied Minors
- Cathay Pacific Unaccompanied Minor Fee (in USD)
What are the Rules For Cathay Pacific Unaccompanied minors Flying?
Here are the rules to follow before booking the unaccompanied minor service with Cathay Pacific –
- Children under the age of 6 will not be permitted to travel alone unless accompanied by a traveler over the age of 18.
- Children aged between 6 and 12 years old can avail of unaccompanied minor services.
- Bookings for the Unaccompanied Minors service must be made at least 24 hours in advance, either over the phone or through a travel agency.
- Unaccompanied Minors cannot travel on itineraries with connections of more than 5 hours or more.
What is the Journey of an Unaccompanied Minor with Cathay Pacific?
Cathay Pacific will escort the unaccompanied minor through the airport and provide supervision during the flight. Here’s everything you need to know about how the unaccompanied minor starts the journey with the airline –
Preceding the flight
When book the Cathay Pacific unaccompanied minor service, parents/legal guardians must be aware of the following –
- A fee is charged for the service, and it must be booked in advance.
- The child must have a valid passport and any necessary travel documents.
- The child must be able to travel on the booked flight without the need for assistance.
- Parents need to attest and complete the ‘’Unaccompanied minor form’’ at the check-in.
At the departure airport
Minors traveling alone must complete the Cathay Pacific Check in
- Cathay Pacific will not assume responsibility for them until 90 minutes before boarding.
- The child will be escorted by a member of the airline’s staff throughout their journey and will be handed over to the designated person at the destination airport.
- It is necessary for the parent or guardian to remain at the airport until the child’s aircraft takes off.
A member of our airport crew will direct the unaccompanied kid to the aircraft and hand over the Cathay Pacific crew staff on board.
The unaccompanied kid will be escorted from one flight to the next during connections requiring a change of aircraft. Throughout the whole connection duration, a member of the airport crew will stay with the child.
At the destination airport
The airline will hand over the child to the designated parents/legal guardians mentioned in the form. The parents must –
- Arrive at the airport at least 60 minutes before arrival.
- Must present the valid government-issued photo ID at the check-in counter.
How to Book Cathay Pacific Unaccompanied Minor Service?
To book the Cathay Pacific unaccompanied minor service (UMNR), you will need to contact the airline directly by phone or through their website.
Book UMNR service online
To book Cathay Pacific’s unaccompanied minor service online, you will need to follow these steps:
The screenshot above is taken from Cathay Pacific’s official website.
- Go to the Cathay Pacific website and select “Book a Trip” Enter your flight details, including departure and arrival airports, travel dates, and a number of passengers.
- On the passenger information page, select “Unaccompanied Minor” for the child who will be traveling alone.
- Provide the required information, including the child’s name, date of birth, and contact information for the person dropping off and picking up the child at the airport.
- Continue with the booking process and pay for the flight.
- Once the booking is confirmed, you will need to fill out the “Unaccompanied Minor Form” and submit it to Cathay Pacific.
Book UMNR service over the phone
To book Cathay Pacific’s unaccompanied minor service over the phone, you will need to follow these steps:
- Call Cathay Pacific’s reservation center and inform the agent that you would like to book an unaccompanied minor service.
- Provide the agent with the child’s full name, date of birth, and passport information.
- Also, provide contact information for the person who will be meeting the child at their destination.
- Give flight details, including the departure and arrival airports, dates, and flight numbers.
- Provide the agent with any additional information or requests, such as meal preferences or special assistance needs.
- Pay for the booking with a credit or debit card.
- Verify the booking details with the agent and make sure you have received a booking confirmation number.
- Print the booking confirmation and give it to the person who will be accompanying the child to the airport.
- Make sure to arrive at the airport early, with the child, to complete the check-in process for the unaccompanied minor service.
Note – Passengers from the United States and Canada can call +1-833-933-224.
Book UNMR through WhatsApp
Passengers can scan the QR code and start interacting with the airline’s representative on WhatsApp to book the Cathay Pacific unaccompanied minor service. Click this WhatsApp link
Connect Cathay Pacific on Social Media
Cathay Pacific can be contacted through their official social media accounts on platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. They typically respond to customer inquiries and concerns on these platforms during regular business hours.
It’s always a good idea to check their website or contact page for the most up-to-date information on how to get in touch with them.
|Social Media Platform||Links|
Documents required to book Cathay Pacific Unaccompanied Minor?
The documents required for Cathay Pacific unaccompanied minor travel typically include the following:
- A completed and signed Unaccompanied Minor Form, which must be completed by the parent or legal guardian of the child.
- A photocopy of the child’s passport or other government-issued IDA photocopy of the parent or legal guardian’s
- IDA letter of authorization from the parent or legal guardian, giving permission for the child to travel.
- Providing contact information for the person meeting the child at their destination
- Payment receipt for the unaccompanied minor service fee on Cathay Pacific
Make sure your travel documents are in order before departing since some nations have extra restrictions for unaccompanied kids. Additionally, certain flights may not allow passengers under the age of 18 to fly alone, so be sure to verify with the airline before departing.
What are the Country-Specific Guidelines For Cathay Pacific Unaccompanied Minors
For unaccompanied minors and youngsters traveling with guardians, certain nations have introduced rules.
- Italy– Children under the age of 14 departing Italy:
- must have an adult companion that is at least 18 years old.
- a passport is required to be carried.
- a statement from both parents or the legal guardian, which has been attested to and signed.
- Philippines– Children under 15 who are not citizens of the Philippines and who are not traveling with a parent who shares the same last name must have documentation,
- If they are traveling without one of their parents, they must have a Waiver of Exclusion grounds (WEG) with them.
- Adults, blood relatives, and close acquaintances who share the same surname are not permitted to act as an escort.
- South Africa- The following documentation is required for unaccompanied minors:
- Birth certificate or a legitimate age-verifying document (original or duplicate).
- A court order, is the permission of one or both parents or the legal guardian.Passports or other legitimate identifying documents for one or both parents.
- The child’s South African guardians must provide their names, addresses, and contact information.
- UAE- The following conditions must be fulfilled by underage travelers going to the United Arab Emirates unaccompanied:
- If a parent with the same last name is not with you, you must provide documentation of your link.
- Must have a signed authorization letter from the parent or legal guardian, as well as an affidavit or photocopy of the birth certificate, if traveling with an adult passenger who is at least 18 years old.
- Children under the age of 18 who travel alone must be unaccompanied minors throughout the entire trip.
- United Kingdom- Under-16-year-olds traveling to the UK must have at least one of the following:
- Written consent and evidence of stay
- Must present student’s documents.
- Ireland- Children under 18 who travel alone must have the following identification:
- a written authorization with the parent’s or legal guardian’s signature and contact information
- a copy of the legal or parental guardian’s current ID.
- Evidence showing the child’s relationship to the parent or guardian.
- Certificate of Death for Parents (if required).
- complete address of the lodging (if normally not residing in Ireland).
- Contact information for the potential roommate (if normally not residing in Ireland).
France- When traveling alone or without a parent or legal guardian, under-18-year-olds who are either French citizens or residents
- Must get permission to leave the country.
- They must have a current passport and L’autorisation de sortie du Territoire, the travel authorization form.
- The document permitting the child’s departure from France must be signed by a parent or legal guardian and be accompanied by a valid ID.
Cathay Pacific Unaccompanied Minor Fee (in USD)
Below mentioned is the Cathay Pacific unaccompanied minor service fees for all international routes –
|Route from/to Hong Kong:||Fee for Unaccompanied Minors (One-Way)|
|South Asia, the Middle East, and Africa||USD 130|
|International flights (non-stop)||USD 130|
|Western Pacific||USD 130|
|North America, South America||USD 130|
|All other international routes||USD 65|
This Cathay Pacific unaccompanied minor policy will allow you to fly with confidence knowing that your child will be in good hands during the trip.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. The service includes additional supervision at the airport and on the flight, as well as assistance with check-in and baggage. Parents or guardians should contact Cathay Pacific for more information on the service and its requirements.
Yes. Unaccompanied minors (UM) between 5 and 11 years of age are eligible to travel on Cathay Pacific flights. However, the airline does not accept bookings for UM under the age of 5.
The unaccompanied minor fee varies with the travel routes and the price ranges between 65 and 130 USD per passenger each way.