Experiencing travel is integral to mankind. Anybody, young or old, loves to travel to far-off places and take advantage of life’s pleasures. Similarly, even children sometimes need to travel to some places for certain necessities. Hence, for their easy travel, Turkish Airlines unaccompanied minor policy has been established. This policy will let you know all the essential things you need to keep in mind before letting your children fly alone on this carrier. It also describes the minor service fees associated with the policy.
- What is Turkish Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Service All About?
- Who is Eligible to Travel as an Unaccompanied Minor By Turkish Airlines?
- Process of Booking For Turkish Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Service
- Conditions to follow Under the Turkish Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy?
- Important Requirements Under the Minor Policy of Turkish Airlines
- Turkish Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Service Charges
- FAQs – Turkish Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
What is Turkish Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Service All About?
All minor customers who wish to fly alone are taken care of by Turkish Airlines. Turkish Airlines unaccompanied minor service provides two options for children traveling alone for this reason:
- Escort Policy Service
- Unaccompanied Minor Policy Service
There are 2 significant variations in the options Turkish Airlines can require for minors flying alone in terms of how Turkish Airlines will handle the minor during the flight and who is eligible to utilize each service:
|Escort Service||Unaccompanied Minor Service|
|2-6 years||7-11 years|
|A particular companion is chosen to watch over and ride along with the accompanied child traveler.||The chief officer will keep an eye on the passenger’s unaccompanied child.|
- Escort Service
Based on the Turkish Airlines unaccompanied minor policy, if unaccompanied minors are flying alone and need an escort, they must submit a request for the service at least 48 hours preceding takeoff. Other rules related to this service are as follows:
- From takeoff until landing, the children will be escorted by an expert, dependable, and kind adult.
- For this purpose, while seeking the service, the language used by the attended kid must be indicated.
- You are responsible for all expenses associated with the authorized companion in addition to the ticket for your child.
Note: Unaccompanied minor declaration form Turkish Airlines should be read thoroughly by the parent/ guardian and signed before letting your child travel alone on this carrier.
- Only the parents or legal caregivers of an attended child traveler may fly with the children to the arrival destination, hand the child off to an airline official, and receive the child up from the airport.
- If this is not feasible, the parents may choose another individual, who must present unaccompanied child transit authorization form Turkish Airlines on the day of the flight.
- The parents or parents’ representatives must sign an unaccompanied child carriage authorization form and remain in the airport till the child’s aircraft has taken off.
- Unaccompanied Minor Service
At check-in, parents or legal representatives should accompany the minor at least two hours before the flight to finish all essential paperwork. Unattended minors may only be accepted with the consent of their parents or legal guardians, who should complete and sign an unaccompanied child transit authorization form Turkish Airlines and confirm any bookings included on the minor’s itinerary. Other rules pertaining to the unaccompanied minor service are as shown below:
- Unattended kids are given preference at the airport, however, the Istanbul Airport has a special check-in area just for them.
- Until the kid has entered the aircraft and been turned over to the purser, Turkish Airlines’ authorized staff will help minors at the destination airport while passing via security checks, in the waiting rooms, and when entering the boarding gate.
Based on the information above, it will be useful to opt for this service, especially when emergencies can occur. Even if Turkish Airlines delays are observed, the purser will ensure that the kid is assisted throughout the long journey.
Who is Eligible to Travel as an Unaccompanied Minor By Turkish Airlines?
Children whose ages are between 2-12 years old are considered Turkish Airlines unaccompanied minors. On the day of the flight, such kids who have turned two but haven’t yet turned twelve are permitted to take the flight accompanied by their parents (mom and dad) or another traveler who is at least 18 years old.
Here are some criteria on which the airline considers minors to fly onboard:
- In addition to this, the airline permits children under this age range who are flying alone, without the accompaniment of an elder passenger they trust or a guardian.
- Unaccompanied minor service Turkish Airlines has set some rules that are somewhat different from various other air carriers.
- All unattended children who are 2 years old although have not yet turned 7 years old must fly with a member of the airline’s cabin crew in charge.
- Turkish Airlines grants discounts to young travelers on its trips and gives them the same amount of checked luggage as adult customers.
- Turkish Airlines unaccompanied minor for international travel can also select special meals at least 24 hours in advance of departure.
Process of Booking For Turkish Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Service
According to the Unaccompanied Minor Turkish Airlines service booking process, any child flyer who is 7 years of age and above, but yet to become 12 years old at the moment of traveling, is considered a minor. Mentioned below are some of the guidelines related to the process of booking for using the unaccompanied minor service:
- The carrier requires a permission form from the guardian or parent of a child to make him or her travel alone on the carrier.
- When the situation arises that the child passenger needs to travel alone, the carrier will provide escort service.
- The booking for utilizing both the services like the escort (for minors aged above 2 years and up to 7 years aged) as well as for unaccompanied minor service (for minors ranging between 7-12 age) should be made at least 48 hours in advance by calling the airline.
- It should be mentioned that to use an escort service of the Turkish Airlines unaccompanied flight booking, the parent/guardian of an unattended minor will be responsible for covering the fee of the cabin crew’s seating.
- After presenting identification documents as well as a current passport, Turkish Airlines will give discounted tickets to any children traveling on the flight.
- Only where authorized by flight laws, discounts are also valid on international trips. On some routes, the discount could be different in amount as the Turkish Airlines unaccompanied minor fees.
- Turkish Airlines charges $40 per traveler per intercontinental flight unaccompanied minor cost that must be paid at the moment of booking.
Conditions to follow Under the Turkish Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy?
There are some important conditions that need to be met by the Turkish Airline unaccompanied minor traveling on this airline. These conditions are important for the safe flying of children. One such condition is that when the child is unable to fly with their respective guardian or parent and a full fare is paid to the carrier, a travel companion would be provided to him or her on the flight.
The other conditions that are set by the carrier are as given below:
- It will be the sole responsibility of the assigned travel companion to ensure the safe trip of the minor.
- The in-flight minor companion will help him/her with the basic needs on the flight.
- The companion will only be assigned when the parent/guardian signs the unaccompanied minor declaration form Turkish Airlines.
- The in-flight companion would also be liable to release the children or minors to the final destination as declared in the Authorization form given to the parent.
- A minimum of 48 hours prior to the departure time of the trip, the parent/legal representative of the minor must seek an escort service or a traveling companion and pay the required Turkish Airlines unaccompanied minor service fee.
- Turkish Airlines’ unaccompanied minor policies provide that the family or legal guardian of the child must be present when the child is dropped off at the airport and given to airline personnel. They must also have certified paperwork with them at all times that certifies they have the legal right to turn the minor over to an agent of Turkish Airlines.
- Additionally, they must bring signed paperwork proving they have the legal right to turn the minor over to a carrier official. In order to facilitate communication and ensure good care and support, it is also the parent, first-degree family, or guardian’s role to explicitly state the language that the unaccompanied kid speaks.
- It should be emphasized that the accompanying flight attendant will only allow a kid to board the airplane if their parents or another authorized adult complete and submit permission to carry an unaccompanied child form Turkish Airlines.
- The minor must sign this form in order to be accepted and released at the departure airport.
Important Requirements Under the Minor Policy of Turkish Airlines
Some basic requirements have been established by the airline to let minors fly on the aircraft. Additionally, the family or a guardian needs to pay some amount of Turkish Airlines unaccompanied minor service fee to let them travel on the plane.
The following processes must be implemented for unaccompanied minor Turkish Airlines:
- This carrier permits kids aged seven and older who haven’t turned 12 at the moment of departure to embark on flights as unaccompanied kids without the need for a guardian or companion.
- The unaccompanied minor who is flying alone must reach the airport at least two hours before the flight’s planned departure time. The airline provides unaccompanied minor children who are flying priority.
- The children can fly as Turkish Airlines unaccompanied minor for international travel as well as on domestic itineraries if they are not going with a first-degree family or guardian.
- However, Turkish Airlines permits all minor travelers aged 7 to 12 to take domestic routes and international destinations with interconnections as long as they are accompanied by an adult traveler (it may be a parent, a guardian, or a first-degree relative).
- Unaccompanied minors can check in at the specific counter designated for them by Turkish Airlines at the Istanbul Airport. The airline’s employees will require the child’s parent, first-degree relatives, or caretaker to sign the required paperwork at the airport when the kid is being checked in.
- Turkish Airlines unaccompanied minor form must be signed in your name in order for your kid to fly unaccompanied. The airline crew will also give you the relevant details regarding the procedure. Kindly ensure that when the name is incorrectly added, it is modified as soon as possible. On Turkish Airlines misspelled names can delay form submission or result in similar problems.
- An employee of Turkish Airlines will accompany the unaccompanied minor onboard the aircraft when the check-in and other formalities are finished. The parents, first-degree relative, or caregiver who is picking up the child from the airport must remain there until the plane has left out and is now in the air. They should also sign the unaccompanied child transit authorization form Turkish Airlines beforehand. The elder cabin attendant will be seated next to the unaccompanied minor for comfort, monitoring, and any assistance required while flying.
- Once at the destination, the flight attendants will deliver the unattended minor to an employee of the airline who will send the kid to the listed individual on the Authorization Form once customs and baggage processes are through. Before the kid is released, the designated person from the parent who is picking up the minor should sign a statement of confirmation.
- Turkish Airlines allows all children between the ages of 12 and 18 to board aircraft by themselves. However, much like the airline’s other grownup passengers, they won’t be permitted to board the plane unless they possess the HES code. Through e-Devlet, the HES code might be obtained.
Note: All the parents and guardians should duly fill and sign the Turkish Airlines unaccompanied minor form before allowing their children to fly alone on the aircraft.
Turkish Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Service Charges
Turkish Airlines unaccompanied minor charges can be around $150 for transporting two kids one way. The service charges, as well as the unaccompanied fees, are subjected to vary by the carrier at times. You may contact the air operator or visit its main website for more information on the Turkish Airlines unaccompanied minor service fees.
On an Ending Note,
The Turkish Airlines unaccompanied minor policy is really useful when you wish your child to fly on the plane all by themselves. The rules and conditions of this airline make the journey of the minors hassle-free. You do not have to worry while making your loved one travel alone on this carrier. Just avail of the minor policy service of this air operator and be rest assured till your child reaches his/her final destination.
FAQs – Turkish Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
Turkish Airlines allows minor children to travel alone on the aircraft. When permitted by parents, a child can travel without any companion by filling up the Turkish Airlines unaccompanied minor form. However, the parents will need to make sure that the minor should arrive at the arrival airport at least 2 hours prior to the departure.
Escort and unaccompanied minor services are covered under this policy. The first service enables children of 2 to 6 years to fly with Turkish Airlines. With the second service, a child who has reached the age of 7 gets permission to fly.
Some basic rules apply while using the “Escort Service” of this carrier. Only the parents or legal caregivers of an attended child traveler may fly with children to the airport. They can hand the child off to a Turkish Airlines official and receive the child from the airport.
The Turkish Airlines unaccompanied minor fees for two children traveling on one trip might be approximately $150. The carrier occasionally has the right to change the service prices and unaccompanied baggage fees. For additional information on costs, get in touch with the airline or visit its official site.
Children who are aged 7 and above can travel as unaccompanied minors. In this case, any employee of the carrier will accompany the children until they reach their final destination. But for this, the Turkish Airlines unaccompanied child transit authorization form should be signed. This will work as permission that must be obtained from the carrier.
The parents/guardian of a kid should thoroughly read and sign the permission to carry an unaccompanied child form on Turkish Airlines. At the time of check-in, the caretaker or parent should submit certain documents too. A photo ID and address proof will be the other documents needed.
A 15-year-old minor can fly individually on a plane at Turkish Airlines. The airline ensures this flexibility and also provides assistance throughout the child’s journey. For additional help, the staff of the airline can be contacted.
7 Years is the minimum age to fly alone on this carrier. Given this, anyone who is 16 or above can fly on his/her own. Provided that all the documents are provided and the rules are followed, there should not be any difficulty faced by the unaccompanied minor. Along with this, permission to carry an unaccompanied child form Turkish Airlines must be submitted.
You must be 7 years or above to travel all by yourself with this air operator. Children below this age can sometimes fly with Turkish Airlines, provided that the Escort Service is used. In either case, some permissions and documents will be required by this operator.
All minors who are above 2 years old can travel unaccompanied. As per the guidelines of this airline, the Escort Service and Unaccompanied Minor Service are meant for this purpose. Considering the guidelines for these services, the unaccompanied child transit authorization form at Turkish Airlines may need to be signed and submitted.
When you have two children whose ages are 12 and 14, respectively, they can fly alone on Turkish Airlines. However, it should be kept in mind that only the parents or legal caregivers of an attended child traveler may fly with the children to the airport. They must hand the children to a representative of this airline.
For the safety of your child, it is vital that you fill out the transit authorization form. Aside from this reason, the submission of this document will help the Turkish carrier to smoothly carry your child. Furthermore, the form will clarify all the needed details for the airline.
A 13-year-old kid can travel alone on this airline, assuming that he or she has permission from the legal parents or guardians. Before sending your child to travel alone, make sure that you have read and signed the Turkish Airlines unaccompanied minor form carefully.