It is possible for the passengers to make an error in their names while making a reservation. It can be a simple spelling mistake or incorrect initials and characters. In other cases, travelers may want to change their name on the ticket due to various reasons. When flying with Alaska Airlines, you can be at ease regarding these changes. The Alaska Airlines name change policy extends various methods to make corrections/changes in the names. It also allows its customers to make changes after reservation or for free and without delay. Hence, understanding this policy can help you overcome any kind of unforeseen circumstances.
Overview: Alaska Airlines Name Change Policy
This name change policy defines the rules to follow while making a change in the Alaska Airlines name that you register. The information needs to be correct as several processes rely on it. Whether you are selecting seats on Alaska or modifying your bookings, you need to enter the correct name.
The policy discloses the various methods through which you can change your name on the reservation. The fee for changes, the time of the request, and how to change the name is given by this policy.
The Alaska Airlines name change policy adheres to the regulations given in the rule book. As per this book, the airline facilitates immediate effects or change for the erroneous entry of the names. The following are the circumstances in which you can do so:
- You will have permission to change your last name on the tickets you reserve due to divorce or marriage.
- The airline facilitates change in case of extended first names, that is, to submit full names.
- You can change the letters in your name.
- Passengers may invert their names.
Note: The rule book encourages changes in Alaska Airlines’ middle name as well.
Alaska Airlines Change Name on Reservation for Legal Reasons
On Alaska Airlines change name on a reservation can be allowed due to the reason of marriage or a divorce. In such circumstances, you may provide the legal documents to the airline. Similarly, only the surname of a passenger may be modified owing to such instances. In the situation of a divorce, initially, you may get the details formally changed by the airline. This necessitates the use of judicial orders.
The following paperwork can be required by the operator for the official name change:
|In the Event of Divorce||In the Case of Marriage|
|Necessary paperwork for a piece of legal information modified||Existing proof of identity|
|Orders of the court||Certificate of marriage|
|Previous evidence of identification|
Alaska Airlines Change Passenger Name
Complete Alaska Airlines change passenger name cannot be allowed under the policy norms. The travelers may not be permitted to transfer their full name to another person by following the policy rules. Sometimes, a passenger may wish to alter his or her complete details on the ticket, in such instances, he or she may need to cancel the flight ticket first. Furthermore, you can book a new plane ticket with the correct name.
Alaska Airlines Name Correction Policy
For this carrier, it is necessary that every passenger flies with the right spellings for names on tickets. On failing to do so, he/she may face inconvenience during certain procedures. To avoid the hassle, the Alaska Airlines name correction policy lets you rectify the errors. Usually, it enables you to correct the letters of the spellings.
Limitations for Alaska Airlines Change Name on Ticket
In some cases, the Alaska name change or correction policy may not work for travelers. In that scenario, a passenger should be aware of these things before requesting an alteration of the name on the ticket. One of the limitations of this policy is when you are flying with the wrong details, it can lead to the cancellation of the flight.
Such more limitations are mentioned below:
- The passenger’s name and their identity should match each other otherwise, it may create identification issues while boarding. Further, the carrier may presume that you are not the original visitor when you fail in the verifying procedure.
- If the name is incorrect on the passport, a flyer first rectifies it on the passport, and then, Alaska Airlines name change on ticket process can be done.
Correct/Change Your Name On Alaska Airlines
The American carrier facilitates travelers to make changes/corrections both online and offline as per the Alaska Airlines name change policy. The provision of these different methods meets the varying level of expertise of the customers. Hence, you can choose the method that you find the easiest.
Given below are the main methods by which you can make a change:
- Online via the airline’s official website
The offline methods include:
- Contacting Alaska Airlines Customer Care
- In-person, at the airport kiosk
These methods allow you to change your name on the reservation. Additionally, you will be able to correct your Alaska Airlines misspelled name as well.
Method 1: Change Name on Alaska Airlines Ticket online
One of the simplest ways to change or correct your name is by doing it online. This method is mainly suitable in case of minor changes. To change names on Alaska Airlines tickets online, you will have to visit its official site. You have to go to Manage Booking to carry out the remaining procedure.
- Open the Alaska Airlines website through the URL “www.alaskaair.com”.
- On the home page, you will find the “Manage Booking” option. Click on it.
- You will now provide some details including the “Passenger’s Last Name” and “Confirmation Code” or “E-Ticket number”.
- Go ahead by clicking on the “Continue” button.
- The complete booking details of your flights will now be visible to you.
- Here, navigate to the “Change Name” option. You can now make the necessary changes or correct your name.
- After changing it, print your boarding pass with the correct Alaska Airlines name on the ticket.
Note: The online change option allows you to make only minor changes or simple corrections in spellings. You can change not more than three characters in your name through this method.
Conditions to Change Name Online on Alaska Airlines Ticket
To be able to change or correct your name through the online procedure, you will have to meet certain conditions given under the Alaska Airlines name correction policy. Only the passengers adhering to these circumstances can use the airline’s site for this purpose. The following are such regulations of the airline:
- Your ticket should have been bought with Alaska Airlines directly, not through a travel agency or any other source.
- The booking should not include any kind of discount fares, government fares, or special saver fares.
- Ensure that the reservation is not a group ticket. Also, the booking should not include more than 7 members.
- The flight segments of your ticket should not exceed 8 arrangements.
- Your booking cannot comprise any kind of special accommodations like pets or other special requests.
- Changes in names of only general reservations are acceptable online. Tickets that you purchase with Mileage Plan awards are not eligible for online changes.
Note: Sometimes, Alaska name change through online ways cannot be possible, in such instance, you are open to using the other methods. Otherwise, you can chat with or email the airline directly putting forward your concerns.
Method 2: Contacting Customer Care for Alaska Name Change
When you are not a close friend of technology or find it difficult to use the online method, you may turn to the traditional options. To change name on Alaska Airlines tickets by conventional means, passengers can contact the carrier’s customer care. Two customer service numbers are given by the airline to ensure accessibility to customers.
These numbers will connect you with the agents of the airline. You will have to inform them of the reason for calling – whether name change or correction. In case of change, make sure to clearly mention the purpose for the change like marriage or divorce. Then provide them with all the necessary information about your reservation including the date of travel and aircraft number. You may also have to give your boarding pass details. The agent will confirm your details and proceed with the process. During the course of this process, you may be transferred to other departments.
You can call the airline at any time to request a change in your name. Additionally, through this method, you can ask for major corrections in misspellings too. It is also the best way to make any last-minute changes.
Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan Name Change via Phone Number
The Mileage Plan of this carrier is a special program that extends several benefits to frequent customers. This loyalty program offers many awards to the flyers by which they can buy or upgrade tickets. The members can enjoy the benefit of effortlessly making changes to their reservations.
So, if you wish to change name on Alaska Airlines Mileage plan ticket, then you will have to call on the number 1-800-654-5669. The agents will get in touch with you immediately. You can seek guidance from them regarding the name change. You will have to answer a few questions after which the name change/correction will be over.
In case the number does not go through, the Mileage Plan members also have the option to contact the ‘Reservations Department’. You can connect with this department at 1-800-252-7522. You may also obtain relay services at 711. Passengers may use this service for various other issues too.
Note: You can contact customer care for availing Alaska Airlines credit card name change as well.
Method 3: Use Airport Kiosk to Change Name on Alaska Ticket
Another easy way to change names on Alaska Airlines tickets is by using the airport Kiosk. A Kiosk is a self-service machine that allows customers to perform various activities. With this, you can check-in, upgrade seating options, print boarding passes, and make name changes to your reservations.
You can access this machine at the airport. It allows you to alter or correct your name without involving a tedious process:
- You can simply click on the “Change Flights” option on this machine to correct your name.
- Next, open the flight itinerary.
- You may now have to provide certain details concerning your reservation.
- Then, select the name you want to change and enter the new name to complete the process.
Being self-operated, this machine saves effort and makes the name change process immensely simple. You may consider it to be the most reliable as it leaves no room for errors. Through this method, the airline officials personally confirm the name change. Hence, it is one of the most efficient options under the Alaska Airlines name change policy.
Note: You can request assistance from the airport officials in case you face any issues while operating the kiosk machine.
Tips for Alaska Airlines Change Name on Ticket
Many times, the passengers can be impatient and while reserving a ticket, they may provide some incorrect information to the airline. In such instances, the need for Alaska Airlines name change on ticket may arise. It can be advisable that you do not write any piece of information in a hurry.
Following are some more helpful tips for the passengers to change their names with ease:
- Before submitting the information, a traveler should double-check his or her details to ensure that all the important information has been included or not.
- You may need all of the information with you when making your ticket reservation. So it is preferable to carry all the vital documents close to your hand. The documents such as passport, your birth certificate, and other additional legal paperwork may be required.
- In case, when you are purchasing a ticket on account of another individual, you may need that person’s correct information. Therefore, there may be no need to modify the details later owing to inaccuracies.
Alaska Name Change Fees
This carrier may charge some fee for allowing changes or corrections on the ticket. However, you do have the option to avoid the Alaska Airlines name change fees. You can do so by making the significant changes within 24 hours of the initial reservation of your ticket. This is the “risk-free” period. In it, there is no additional fee for any kind of change in the reservation. Hence, you can enjoy this period for free.
Now, should you happen to cross the 24-hour time limit, then a fee will be applicable. To change your Alaska Airlines name after the allotted period, you have to pay $125. The payment remains similar for major or minor changes in the name and corrections in spellings.
Note: You do not have to pay the name change fee when you are an MVP Gold or Gold 75k Mileage Plan member.
Other Guidelines of Alaska Airlines Name Change on Ticket
Along with describing the methods to change the name, this policy also mentions some other important information. It highlights rules about Alaska Airlines name change for marriage and complete legal changes. Some of these points are given below:
- This airline does not make it mandatory for passengers to alter their name on the ticket after marriage. You can simply carry a marriage certificate to show the change in your last name.
- When you want to change your entire name on the ticket, contact the airline officials. You have to submit the signed and authorized documents confirming your legal name change.
- If you have made your reservation with a certain travel agent, contact the same agent for further concerns regarding the name change or correction.
- You are not under compulsion to change it on the ticket if you legally change it after the reservation and before the departure.
- A traveler can perform a single letter change in the name due to a typo immediately. You do not have to pay any fee for such changes within 24 hours.
- The Alaska Airlines name change policy also restricts the transfer of tickets to ensure security. It follows a no-show policy where the travelers have to change or cancel their booking before the flight’s departure. The airline will provide you with complete travel credit for advance cancellations.
- You can request refunds but they are subject to various conditions. Check the official website for more information.
- In case you are unable to alter your name, you can bring the name proof to board the plane.
- It is not compulsory to provide your middle name. It will not be printed on the boarding pass. Therefore, there is no need to mention your middle name.
Note: Some rules may change with travel destinations and flight itineraries. Hence, you should check the airline’s main site for regulations in detail.
Alaska Airlines makes it simple for the customers to change or correct names. It offers a comprehensive Alaska Airlines name change policy allowing users to easily make required changes. This policy is devoid of any complications and acts in the best interests of the travelers. Hence, you can enjoy various benefits.
Alaska Airlines Name Change Policy FAQs
You can either contact customer care or use the official site of this carrier to change the name on the ticket. To connect with customer care, contact the toll-free number. Otherwise, find the “Manage Booking” section on the website.
To change the passenger name, you can access the “Alaska Airlines Change Passenger Name” option. It is in the “Manage Booking” section of the main site. Give your booking details, ticket number, and select the name you want to change. You can then follow the on-screen commands to make the change.
Name changes on Mileage Plan tickets can be made by contacting customer care. Dial the number and inform the agent of your request. Mention your details and the officials will take care of making changes or corrections in your name.
If you change your name within 24 hours of booking your flight, then you will not have to pay the Alaska Airlines name change fee. Otherwise, you will need to make a payment of $125 to change/correct your names on the ticket.
You will be given the option to change your name once you realize the error. You can talk with the airline’s officials through the help center and request a change. You can also utilize the Kiosk services to correct your name.