With Aeromexico name change policy, passengers can easily update or correct their name on a ticket that has already been issued. The airline’s accommodating name correction policies enable passengers to eliminate typos or change names in response to regulatory requirements.
This page will explain how to change the name on your flight ticket, the requirements you must meet before changing the name, the airline’s penalty for making corrections, and more.
Conditions/Restrictions Under Aeromexico Name Change
According to Aeromexico name correction guidelines, only one name correction of four letters or fewer can be applied to the first/middle/last name. The name correction request is subject to a change fee and must fulfill the requirements listed below:
- When a letter in any of the names belongs to a passenger but is either missing or spelled incorrectly.
- The Aeromexico change name on ticket request does not take into account changing a person’s gender or date of birth. In such cases, passengers have to request the Aeromexico Flight Cancellation.
- When a passenger’s last name is submitted as their first name and their first name as their last name (s).
- When the registered name of the passenger is their marital name and not their birth surname.
Passengers can only request Aeromexico change ticket name when they met the following conditions –
- The flight must be operated and marketed by the Aeromexico
- The Aeromexico misspelled name request must be completed up to 48 hours before the scheduled departure.
- Reservation must not include a reward ticket or any promotional or discounted fare.
Types of Request Under Aeromexico Name Change Policy
Under the Aeromexico name change policy, the following instances will be taken into account when requesting the name change
Changing your maiden name to your marital name – You will need a real copy of your legal name change document before upgrading your flight ticket. You will need –
- Marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order as proof of validation.
- Passengers need to call Aeromexico customer service phone number to process the name change.
- Changes are subject to Aeromexico name change fee and any applicable fare difference.
Typo error on your flight ticket – If your name has wrong initials, you can make an Aeromexico misspelled name request.
- If name change requests places within 24 hours of booking, no change fee would be applicable. To know more, refer to the Aeromexico flight change policy.
- Outside 24 hours, name correction fee would be charged alongside any fare difference for reissuing the ticket in the similar or higher class of service.
- The Aeromexico wrong name request must be placed up to 12 hours before the scheduled departure.
Incorrect spelling of the title, first name, and middle name – As per Aeromexico name change policy, the name on the flight ticket must appear exactly identical with the name on the passport or any valid government-issued photo ID.
If your Aeromexico flight booking include –
- Characters in your first, middle or last name are wrong.
- The initial on your middle name is erroneous.
- Instead of a middle name, there are only initials.
- The first name field clubbed your first name and middle name.
The change must be made using the Aeromexico manage booking section or by calling the airline’s customer care line if the name contains three or more erroneous characters.
Inverted name – The airlines will amend your name without hesitation if they accidentally put your first and last name in the wrong order. However, there would be a fee from Aeromexico for the same. Additionally –
- The aforementioned request must be submitted up to three hours before the departure time.
- The airline will update the PNR with the correct name.
- The tickets would be issued again as an equal exchange, with the fare difference and any change fees levied by the airline still in effect.
- No changes to the flight date, time, or destination are permitted.
How to Request The Name Correction/Changes with Aeromexico?
You cannot request name changes online. Alternatively, you can speak with the Aeromexico flight representative to request name correction.
Method 1: Online name change with Aeromexico
Passengers can request a name change under the Aeromexico Manage Booking section. You must pay the name correction fee and any applicable fare difference. To change the name on the airline’s website, follow these steps:
Aeromexico Airlines Name Change Online (Screenshot from aeromexico.com)
Step 1: Visit aeromexico.com and click the My Trip section.
Step 2: Enter the reservation number and the passenger’s last name.
Step 3: Once you’ve logged in, choose the passenger and select the ‘Correct name’ tab on the flight summary page.
Step 4: In the necessary field, enter the right name.
Step 5: Pay the required Aeromexico name change fee.
Step 6: Complete the payment process, then confirm the changes.
Method 2: Calling Aeromexico to Change Your Name
To change your name, call the Aeromexico Airlines customer service line. To establish you are the same passenger, you must present the necessary proof, such as a marriage certificate or legal affidavit.
Aeromexico Name Change Fee
Any name change request is subject to Aeromexico name change penalty and any applicable difference in the fare. The Aeromexico name change charge varies depending on whether you do it online, over the phone, or at the airport.
|Changes||Online (in USD)||Contact Centre (in USD)||Airport (in USD)|
|Name changes||200 + fare difference||200 + fare difference||Restricted|
|Name correction||150 + fare difference||200 + fare difference||Upto 12 hours before departure. 250 + fare difference|
|Maiden name to married name and vice-versa||200 + fare difference||250 + fare difference||Not permitted|
|Typing error within the last name||200 + fare difference||250 + fare difference||Upto 3 hours before departure. 200 + fare difference|
|Typing error within the title/first name/middle name||200 + fare difference||250 + fare difference||Upto 3 hours before departure. 200 + fare difference|
|Inverted first and last name||150 + fare difference||150 + fare difference||Upto 3 hours before departure. 200 + fare difference|
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You have the option of changing up to 4 letters in any portion of your name on the ticket.
Under the Manage Booking section, passengers can request the Aeromexico name correction and are subject to a fee.
The Aeromexico middle name field is required when purchasing a ticket. Provided if the middle name appears on the passport or any valid government-issued ID.
You must present your marriage certificate if you want to change your name on your Aeromexico ticket. Other legal documents include a divorce decree or court order that justifies the name changes.
If you made your reservation directly with the airline, you can correct your misspelled name on Aeromexico. The airline does not allow passengers to travel with incorrect or misspelled names.
You will be required to pay an Aeromexico name change fee between 150- 200 varies with the type of name change request.
To change your name offline on Aeromexico, get in touch with customer service. Your name change will be completed as soon as you pay the change fee.
The complete name on a ticket cannot be changed by a passenger. Only your Aeromexico incorrect name or misspelled name can be changed.
When purchasing a ticket with Aeromexico Airlines, make sure that the name on the ticket and the passport match. You will need to update your name on the ticket accordingly.
Yes. You will be required to give the airline a reasonable explanation for your request, as well as the required supporting documentation.
Open the Manage Booking tab on Aeromexico’s website. Alternatively, you can use the toll-free number to contact customer service.