Sometimes the passenger may provide inaccurate information while purchasing a ticket. When you are unable to share the proper details with the airline, then you are likely to face problems such as delays on the trip. Hence, for your security and with the ease of traveling, you need to provide the correct information of your basic details on the flight ticket.
That is why the Air Canada name change policy has been made so that you can correct or modify your name on the ticket if needed.
What is Air Canada Name Change Policy?
Air Canada can offer the facility of changing the traveler’s name on a ticket. For that purpose, the airline has created the Air Canada name change policy. This policy may apply to a variety of situations in which such a name change can be required. The passengers should follow the requirements outlined in this feature when modifying their names.
Air Canada Name Correction Policy
It is important to check your name twice on the ticket before flying with Air Canada. In some circumstances, a passenger’s name may be mentioned incorrectly on the flight ticket, hence, for this reason, the Air Canada name correction policy permits you to rectify it. The correction can include your surname, initial name, as well as a middle name. However, you can correct up to a few letters in your entire name.
Guidelines of Air Canada Name Change Policy
You must adhere to the guidelines of the airline to use the Air Canada name change or correction policy. A complete name modification may be assured when these guidelines are met. The policy also helps in the protection of your personal information. One of these guidelines is you can make only minor changes to your ticket name.
Some other points regarding alteration of name on the ticket are as mentioned below:
- The ID and the ticket name of the passenger should be matched as per the transportation department regulations.
- Here, you can also correct your typo mistakes in the ticket name.
- For the name correction or change on the ticket, you may be required to submit the necessary paperwork to the airline.
- In case, if Air Canada name change marriage, divorce, or any other legal proceedings, for that reason, you may present legal documents to confirm it.
- Air Canada considers the modification or edit of the name to be a reissue of a similar price class.
- However, it also includes a price differential and the cost of changing or correcting one’s name.
- The passenger’s full name change can not be allowed by the airline.
- Furthermore, the flight tickets cannot be transferred to any other individual.
- When you have connected flights with several airlines, you may have to make a request separately to the airlines for the modification of the name.
- Hence, you may have two hours before your flight to make alterations.
These guidelines can also be used for services such as Air Canada seat selection. It can ensure that your information on the flight ticket must be written accurately. As a result, when an error is found, the policy can enable the passengers to successfully correct it.
Note: No modifications to the flight schedule, location, or date can be authorized in the Air Canada name correction or change policy. Additionally, the changes in gender or birth date on the ticket may also not be allowed.
Process of Air Canada Name Change
The operator may offer several features for modification of the name on the flight ticket. After analyzing the complexity of the name adjustment, the traveler can select the option that suits his or her requirements. The official website is available, from where Air Canada change name on ticket procedure can be done.
You can make changes directly by speaking to the carrier’s agent. Additionally, the airline has a social media service available for passengers. Furthermore, the passenger can modify his or her name by mailing the airline. Hence, all the approaches mentioned above may assure you a seamless name change or correction.
Method 1: Alter Name Via Call
In case of Air Canada misspelled name on ticket, the passengers can contact the carrier’s agent. You can connect with him or her through the department of customer service. In case of major issues, this approach may be chosen. This method can be beneficial for the last-minute modifications or edits in the ticket name.
The consumer service contact number is 1 (888) 247-2262.
By calling this number, you can connect with the agent. Once you connect with the carrier, you may request a change or correct the name. Once you are done with this, your flight details can be requested. You may need to give the relevant details such as your Full Name as well as Booking Reference. The officials will then need to be informed of your Air Canada name spelled wrong on the ticket. However, you would have to provide your proper name so that it can be modified.
The carrier agent may begin the process of altering your inaccurate name as soon as possible. Once the name change or correction procedure is completed, you may receive an email confirmation for the same.
Note: The passengers can also modify their names through the airport counter. You may request to provide the flight ticket as well as your identity for the verification of the name change or correction on the flight ticket by the carrier.
Method 2: Change or Correct Name Via Website
The online approach is the most used method for Air Canada misspelled name on ticket. Usually, it can be used for requesting name adjustments. This is because small corrections can be done fast. To move forward with this procedure, you will have to come to the official website of Air Canada. Next, you may find the ‘My Bookings’ option. Furthermore, you can add the necessary details to modify your name.
Here are some steps to follow for correcting your name under this policy:
- The initial step is to access the link “www.aircanada.com”.
- Scroll down the homepage of the website, look at the “My Booking” feature. Click on it for the further procedure.
- Then, you will need to provide the “Passenger Last Name” as well as “Booking Reference”.
- Post entering the details, you must click on the “Find” button. Further, you may be redirected to the page of Manage Booking.
- However, when your flight is allowed for online adjustment or modification, a “Change” option can appear on your display.
- By selecting it, you can alter your name as per your requirement.
- Next, you may submit your identity to go ahead with the procedure of the Air Canada change name on ticket.
- Moreover, before making the approval of the alteration of the name, the change cost or the price gap may be directly fetched.
- Later, you may receive a confirmation mail regarding the successful name change or correction.
Note: Sometimes, the travelers may book their tickets through a broker or agency, in such cases, he or she can alter the name on the ticket by the broker itself.
Method 3: Modify Name Through Social Media
In the situation of Air Canada change name on ticket, you may be directly connected with social media. On the website of the airline, the pages of social media can be available. From there, you can connect with the airline easily. However, you can describe your issue and wait for the operator’s reply.
Therefore, to proceed with the name change or correction process, you must follow the steps listed below:
- First, please navigate to “www.aircanada.com”.
- On the front page, you may need to scroll down.
- At the bottom of the site, you can find the features of social media pages.
- There may be many pages available. It includes “Facebook”, “Twitter”, and many more.
- You can select as per your requirement.
- Then, you will have to mention your request regarding the Air Canada name correction or alteration.
- Furthermore, you may be required to give the actual documents, so for that reason keep the papers along with you.
- Later, you might have to pay some fees for the modification of your name.
- Once the procedure has been completed, you can get the confirmation through an email.
Method 4: Modification of Name Using Email Service
Air Canada may provide an email service for the passengers to resolve their name issues on the ticket quickly. A traveler can correctly explain his or her query regarding Air Canada misspelled name on ticket using this approach. You may be asked to include the information on why you wish to alter your name on the ticket. Similarly, you can request a speedy solution, when the adjustments are required immediately.
However, for further procedure, you should follow the steps mentioned below:
- The first step is to go to the official website of Air Canada.
- On the homepage of the site, you will have to scroll down.
- There, you can find the “Customer Support” section. From that feature, you may have to select the “Contact Information” option. Click on it.
- Next, you will land on another page. Here, you may see the “Send Us An Email” feature. Click on it. Based on this option, you can send the email to the airline and mention your concern about the Air Canada change name on ticket.
- You may attach some of the documents for the verification of the name on the ticket.
- Once you provide all the needed documents, you will have to wait for a reply from the airline.
Details Needed on Air Canada Change Name on Ticket
Travelers must provide their original documents to the airlines for the name alteration. The flight ticket’s name should be matched with the actual documents. If it is not the same, then a flyer must apply for a name change form. For the modification of the name on the flight ticket to be confirmed, you may need to attach some legal documents. The documents needed for the ticket cancelation process are as mentioned below:
- The passengers may have to request a name change form at the earliest.
- The previous ticket, where the name should be replaced with the number of the ticket.
- With verification of the paperwork, a new name has been assigned to a passenger.
- In case of a divorce or marriage, legal papers are necessary. It includes certificates of marriage or divorce documents.
- Additionally, you may need proof-of-request documentation.
- Hence, the Air Canada change name on ticket required the above-mentioned details regarding the name correction or alteration.
Air Canada Name Change Fee
Air Canada may cost a fee for the alteration of the ticket name. The airline may charge different costs depending on the situation. Air Canada name change fee may vary according to the changes or corrections a flyer makes. Meanwhile, the fee is only valid with Air Canada flights.
Additionally, the cost for changing a passenger named on the ticket that can be used multiple times varies depending on the circumstances. Passengers also get more information through the airlines or from the website.
Air Canada name change policy allows passengers to rectify their spelling errors on airline tickets. A passenger should address the issue in the ticket name as soon as possible. It has various types of approaches for travelers to alter or edit their names. The airline can try to make the process go as smoothly as possible.
Air Canada Name Change Policy FAQs
On the Air Canada flight ticket, a middle name is not needed. The middle name may be optional as per the guidelines. However, contacting the airline is the quickest approach to learn about the most updated information whether a middle name is required or not.
Air Canada misspelled name on ticket is corrected up to a few letters. You can alter your name on the ticket through the official website of the airline. A passenger should go to the website’s homepage. Then, you have to select the “My Booking” option for correcting your name. Furthermore, you may have to provide some information for the verification of the name. At last, the airline may send you a confirmation email regarding the modification of the name.
Yes, the airline charges a fee for the name change on the ticket. The fees may be chargeable as per the situation. For the exact service cost to be known, you can contact the airline.
The passenger can make the Air Canada middle name correction through social media. You may get the social media pages by visiting the official website of the airline. Various media pages can be available for the correction of names on the ticket. You can mention your issue and request the name correction procedure. Further, you may submit the paperwork to the airline. In the end, the airline may go ahead with the procedure.
Air Canada name correction policy adheres to a set of guidelines. Only a few characters are to be allowed for correcting a name on the ticket. You can verify that the name is correct when you keep this limit in mind.
As per the policy, you can change your first name and the middle name on the ticket. The initial name is vital for traveling, so it should be mentioned accurately. If not, you can modify it as per the requirement. However, it is not necessary to add the middle name, but if you have added it and it is not correct, you can alter it.