The Air France name change policy guides that your name should match on all your documents, photo ID, ticket, and passport. Sometimes, the name does not match the documents. For that reason, the visitors may have difficulties with their check-ins procedure. Air France allows passengers to request name changes or corrections. This policy is well-known for being flexible in such instances.
Air France Change Name Policy Definition
There can be several situations wherein you may enter your details incorrectly. It includes some misspelled names. The name change Air France policy has set some conditions under which the travelers can alter their name details easily. When there is any problem with your name, the policy will provide you with an overview of the right procedures.
Air France Name Correction Policy
As opposed to situations wherein a complete name change is not needed, the corrections on the name can be made on this carrier. Passengers can use the Air France name correction policy to correct things in their proper form by fixing the spellings. This policy helps the passenger in correcting their whole names or a sole character.
Marriage/Legal Name Change on Air France
A passenger may need to alter his/her name which is legal. This can be because of marriage, divorce, etc. A traveler can use the Air France name change marriage policy. For this, he/she must give the necessary legal papers, i.e., certificate of marriage, to the airlines.
Note: In some cases, the passenger may not submit the legal papers. When the passenger does not submit the original documents, in that case, his or her name change request may not be approved by the airline.
On Air France, a visitor may be involved in any legal case. For that reason as well, the visitor can use the Air France policy. In that event, he or she has to give the necessary legal papers to the airline.
Air France Middle Name Change Policy
On Air France middle names are optional. Sometimes, a flyer wants to add his or her middle name but may have already booked the ticket. In such a case, he or she can contact the airline. According to the Air France policy for making changes in the name, a passenger has to cancel his or her ticket and purchase a new one. For the cancelation of the ticket, the carrier may also incur extra costs.
Air France Name Change Policy Terms and Conditions
Travelers can change their names on their Passenger Name Record or PNR according to the policy. Only a few characters can be corrected under the Air France name change policy. Sometimes, if a passenger changes the name 30 hours maximum before departure, then the fee for the name change is not applied for the process.
Some other terms and conditions are also applied for changing or correcting the names of the passengers. Let us look at them below:
- When a flyer has booked tickets with a partner airline, a certain period is extended to 72 hours maximum. This is before the flight’s departure.
- As per the policy, you cannot transfer your ticket to another person.
- When you change or correct your name beyond the time limit, there may be a cost for the name alteration.
- Sometimes, a traveler may want to replace his or her name due to his/her divorce or marriage, for that reason he or she can alter his or her name by presenting the appropriate documents.
This policy is also helpful for Air France seat selection. It is important that you provide accurate reservation details in order for this process to take place. In case it fails, please follow the guidelines of the policy to correct your details and then select your seat using them.
Methods for Air France Change Name on Tickets
The airline knows the consequences of the wrong name and permits its passengers to remain relaxed by making certain modifications with several methods. The policy illustrates an easy-to-follow method for passengers who receive tickets with incorrect names. As per the Air France name change or correction policy, you can alter your name by visiting the website. Further, the airline provides the facility of calling the customer service center. Moreover, now you can modify your name through social media as well and email service is also available. Or else, passengers can visit personally at the airport and make alterations of their name.
The approaches of modification of name are described in detail below:
Method 1: Online Name Change on Air France
The passengers can use the online method in the event of minor alterations. The online service allows Air France change name on tickets as well as make corrections. You will have to visit the official website of the airline. Then, you have to log in with your account details. Once you enter your basic information, click on the ‘Manage My Booking’ features. Further, you will have to provide the necessary details for the modification of your name.
The online procedure of name change or correction is as follows:
- The first step of the online method is to open the official website of Air France.
- On the upper right side, on the homepage of the website, there is a “Login” button. Click on it.
- Next, you will have to enter your account details. This includes your “Email ID” as well as “Password”.
- Once the details are mentioned correctly, click on the “Login” option for initiating the further process.
- Furthermore, select “Manage My Booking” from the drop-down menu. In that section, you will have to provide your “Booking Code” as well as your “Last Name”.
- Now, choose your ticket and select the “Edit” option for Air France change passenger name.
- Next, you can edit your name as per your requirement.
- You may provide some of the documents related to name change or correction.
- Similarly, a passenger may have to pay the fees for the name change procedure.
- At last, press the “Save” button and you will get an email regarding a name change or correction with a detailed summary.
Note: Remember to double-check the information you entered on the website before doing any changes or corrections in the name on the ticket.
Method 2: Change Name Through Calling
When instant help is needed for Air France name correction, a flyer can connect with the airline over the phone. First, a passenger will have to go to the Air France official website. There, a ‘Contact Us page would be available for the passengers. From that option, you might get the number of the customer service centers.
A simple process has to be done through a call for the name change or correction, which is as stated below:
- Please, open the link given below:
- Now, you will reach the “Contact Us” page.
- You should see the “Topic” feature. In that option, you will have to select “Managing My Booking and Check-in”.
- Next, on the screen, the “Request” option would be asked. You will have to click on the “I want to change my booking” tab.
- In the next step, you may get the “Solution” button. From that, a flyer might get the number of the department of customer service.
When you get the contact number from the website, dial the number and communicate directly with the carrier. A traveler can share his or her issue regarding the Air France change name on ticket on call. Further, the agent of the airline may ask you to provide the necessary information. Once you give the actual details for your name change, then he or she may ask you to make the payment. Post making your payment if any, the agent will make the necessary changes in your name. Soon you may receive a confirmation of your name change or correction process.
Note: The suitable timing of the Air France service center department is from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Monday to Friday. However, on Saturday, the timing may be from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Thus, Sunday shall remain off.
Method 3: Name Change/Correction Via Social Media
Choosing the social media method is one of the more current ways for Air France change name as well for correction. The social media platform may be available on the official website. For the procedure to be done, you will have to go to the website. There, you may find the Contact Us page. In that section, several social media options would be available regarding your issue or concern.
For further details of the procedure, you can go through the below steps:
- To get to the official website of Air France Airlines, type “www.airfrance.com” into your browser.
- On the front page, you may find the “View Other Contact Methods” option. Click on it.
- Further, you will be landed on the “Contact Us” page.
Here, you will have to follow three basic procedures to reach the social media platform for the Air France change name on ticket.
- First, it may ask you to select the topic regarding your issue. From the given options, you can choose the “Managing Booking and Check-in” tab.
- Next, you will have to request as per your preference. For editing your name, you may go for the “I want to change my booking” feature.
- Moreover, here you may see the “Social Media” options.
You can select any social media platform. Post selecting the platform, you can share your concern regarding the name change or correction to the airline. Later, you may have to provide your identity as well as pay a fee for the Air France change ticket name. Once you provide your documents and pay the fees, the carrier will proceed with the name change or correction procedure. In the end, you may get the confirmation code regarding change or correct name.
Note: On the Contact Us page, you may find the “COVID-19” section. By clicking on it, you can reach the “COVID-19” page. On that page, you can choose the “Modify Your Flight Under My Booking” feature. Further, you can add your details such as “Booking Reference” along with your “Last Name”. Next, you may check whether an option of modification of name is available or not.
Method 4: Air France Name Change by Email Service
In some cases, the passengers may find it easier to resolve their issues by directly mailing the airline. For this reason, the airline offers the email method for Air France change passenger names as well as corrections. You can find the option of email through the official site.
You must follow some steps mentioned below and get the email ID of the airline:
- Run the Air France official website at the link given below:
Here, in three easy steps, you may find an email option.
- In the beginning, it may ask you to mention the reason for your name change. From many features, you can select the “Managing my Booking and Check-in” option.
- Further, you can request your issue by clicking on the “I want to change my booking” tab.
- Next, you may find the email address of the airline.
Through the email service, you can write your query regarding the change name on Air France flight. Furthermore, you may attach some of your identity in the mail and send this to the airline. Later, wait for the airline to respond. Soon, you can get confirmation about the name change or correction as per your requirement.
Note: In some situations, the email method takes some time to change the name on the flight ticket.
Method 5: Make Name Alterations at the Ticket Office
Visiting a ticket office at the airport can also be possible for passengers to make modifications to their names. It is a little active process and it provides complete peace of mind. Visitor obtains everything perfectly with the help of many professional employees. The airline staff is accessible seven days a week, 24 hours, and works diligently with passenger difficulties. The further process is as follows:
- At the airport, you will have to visit the Air France counter.
- To obtain additional information on the name change, contact a passenger service representative for Air France name correction or change.
- Speak with the representative and discuss details on the name changes.
- Next, the representative will inform a passenger and consider whether or not the airline can handle the alterations.
- Once you make a payment, the representative will guide you with all the other necessary things.
Note: Avoid making last-minute changes or corrections to your name. Sometimes, it might not be possible to change or correct the name immediately. Hence, it may result in the cancellation of the flight, or delay in the check-in procedure.
Air France Name Change Fee
Many airlines may charge a price/cost for unscheduled services performed by the traveler. Air France name change fee is applied for passengers who update their names or alter them in advance. Before commencing the procedure, passengers must examine the criteria for changing their names. The fees can be associated with altering the name on Air France.
Following are the details of name change or correct fees as under:
- On Air France, the traveler has to pay a fee that begins at $20. The price may vary based on some factors.
- According to the Air France name change policy, the fee can be charged between $20 to $50 for a name change as well as corrections.
- However, if a flyer has altered or corrected his or her name over the next 24 hours of booking, then he or she may not be charged for the edit or modification of the name.
Note: A flyer can also visit the Air France website for further details on the alternative cost.
In a Nutshell
When a traveler carries an Air France flight, there may be no chance of loss. The Air France name change policy is such a policy that assures customers a memorable vacation. This policy satisfies the needs of the passengers. The traveler is also provided with several choices for altering his or her name. Before making any decisions about the name change, the passengers must read the policy of the airline to avoid any hassle during their journey.
Air France Name Change/Correction Policy FAQs
The name change or correction fee is applicable in certain circumstances. The Air France name change fee is between $20 to $50. The fees may be changed according to the situation. You will not be charged a fee when visitors alter their names within the first 24 hours after booking.
Air France passenger name change is done by contacting the carrier. Visitors can explain the issue to the carrier over the call and give the proper information regarding the name correction or modification. Once the details are provided, you may have to wait for the verification. The airlines do the further procedure of changing the name on the ticket.
The name on your ticket can be corrected in several ways. A traveler can make the changes through both online methods and offline methods. For that, he or she only has to give the correct details for the name correction. The correction should be made according to the Air France name correction policy.
In some situations, due to marriage, travelers have to legally alter their names. As per the policy, the Air France name change marriage procedure has taken place. In such cases, the traveler has to submit his or her certificate of marriage to the airline. Later, it will be approved for modification of the name.
Yes, you can change your name on the flight ticket. At present, the airline policy is known to be flexible, so it allows you to alter your name easily.
It is possible to change last name on Air France flight. A flyer needs to change his/her last name through the website process. First, open the Air France website. Next, you can log in with your account details. Furthermore, enter the relevant information. The details of the last name should be given according to the passenger’s ID. At last, the passenger provides the message of the last name changing.
No, Air France middle names are not mandatory. However, when visitors wish to add their middle name after the booking, then first they may have to cancel the ticket and renew it.
As per the correction policy of the airline, the name of the traveler must match with the legit papers. The sole character should also match with the documents. This policy allows minor spell changes in the middle name, last name, and first name.
Air France permits its travelers to alter their names. Owing to this, the airline has made an Air France name change policy that offers flexible services to the passengers to alter their name. However, if the travelers want to change their name due to marriage or divorce, then the policy may seek legal papers for approval. When the papers are not accurate, the airline denies the request for a name change. Therefore, that is how the policy works.