When traveling with Air Transat, if you make an error while entering your name during a reservation, the Air Transat name change policy comes as a savior. Air Transat name change or correction policy provides quick, efficient, and economical choices to the passengers while making the required name change or corrections for the flight and focusing on a safe and enjoyable journey.
Here is a rundown of the Air Transat name change policy with the benefits and fees discussed below.
- What are the Terms and Conditions of the Air Transat Name Change Policy?
- What are the Documents required to request an Air Transat Name Change Request?
- What type of Name Changes are permitted by Air Transat Airline?
- What changes are allowed under Legal name change requests with Air Transat?
- What name corrections are permitted with the Air Transat airline?
- How can I request the Air Transat name change/correction?
- How to request a Name change with Air Transat over the website?
- How to connect with Air Transat over the phone for name change/ correction requests?
- How to request Air Transat via the Airport counter to request name changes/ corrections?
- How to contact Air Transat airline via Social Media to Address Queries/ Suggestions?
- What is the Air Transat Name Change Fee?
What are the Terms and Conditions of the Air Transat Name Change Policy?
Air Transat name change guidelines emphasize the means, rules, and conditions that the passengers must keep in mind while requesting a name change. Some key guidelines are described below –
- Air Transat does not permit full name changes, however, exceptions may apply in case of Legal name changes.
- If the ticket has been booked by a travel agent, name corrections i.e. misspelled names correction is permitted.
- The airline allows one name change/ correction request per passenger.
- Only unused tickets are eligible for a name change Air Transat.
- The ticket is not transferable and the passengers are not allowed to give their ticket to another person.
- The airline entertains Air Transat name change requests before the boarding pass is issued.
- Passengers must correct or change the change up to 24 hours before the scheduled departure.
- You will have to alter your name on your existing PNR. For complete name changes, you may have to buy a new ticket.
- Modifications can be made in accordance with the name mentioned in the US Department of Transportation.
What are the Documents required to request an Air Transat Name Change Request?
Passengers must submit travel documents and other legal documents to gain assistance from the airline for name change/ correction requests –
- Divorce Decree/ Legal Divorce Agreement
- Any identity proof like Government-issued Voter ID, Driver’s License
- Marriage certificate
- Passport and VISA
- Other travel documents
- Name change request fee receipt
What type of Name Changes are permitted by Air Transat Airline?
You can request the following type of name change requests with the airline. Keep note that some changes/ corrections may take longer to process than other requests.
What changes are allowed under Legal name change requests with Air Transat?
In case of air transat legal name changes, the following changes are applicable –
- Legal name changes in the instances of gender change, adoption, marriage, and divorce are allowed.
- Passengers must supplement legal name changes with legal documents to complete the name change request.
- Name change request due to marriage – Make sure to submit Marriage proof documents and certificates and an earlier government-approved ID to claim a name change.
- Name Change Request due to Divorce – Submit required documents like a divorce decree, certificate, and legal notice.
- Name change due to Adoption/ Gender Change – Old and New government-issued documents, Legal proof, and other related documents are necessary.
What name corrections are permitted with the Air Transat airline?
You can request the following name corrections with Air Transat airline –
- You can correct up to three characters in the first, middle, or last name.
- The guidelines for an Air Transat Middle Name on Tickets state that they are not required on the ticket.
- Change of tiles/ Prefix/Suffixes like Mr, Mrs, and Ms does not specifically qualify for a name correction request.
- Name corrections if they are nicknames or inverted names are allowed for a name change/ correction.
How can I request the Air Transat name change/correction?
Air transat change passenger name or correct name options on the ticket are available via diverse offline and online methods. The mentioned methods have a smooth and effective process.
Follow the aforementioned steps to make the required corrections/ changes under the Air Transat name change policy.
How to request a Name change with Air Transat over the website?
Passengers can request Air Transat change name on ticket/ corrections via the website in the Manage Booking section.
For detailed instructions, refer to the steps below.
- Visit the official website. You will find the “Manage Booking section” on the top right corner or the homepage of the website.
- You can also use the Air Transat Manage Booking for other requests like seat selection and baggage.
- Click on the icon. On the new page, you will have to submit your flight details and other personal information. These comprise: “Passenger First Name”, “Last Name”, “Confirmation Number”, and “Departure Date”.
- Enter the details and click on “Continue”.
- Your booking will now be retrieved and you can select the reservation on whose ticket you want to modify the name.
- Click on the AirTransat ticket name change request to make the required name changes/ correction on the airline ticket.
- Complete the process by following the guidelines mentioned on the website.
- You may have to pay the applicable name change charges i.e.Air Transat Name Change fee.
- Once the airline completes the request, you will receive the updated confirmation mail in alignment with the new changes.
How to connect with Air Transat over the phone for name change/ correction requests?
Passengers can connect with the Air Transat customer representative to share their concerns regarding the Air Transat name change/ Correction requests. Follow the steps –
- Head to the official website.
- Click on “Contact us” on the home page.
- You will find the option “Contact us by Phone”. You will find various options like assistance for Air Transat Baggage Policy and its claims, Booking/Purchases on the website, Customer Relations, etc.
- The following numbers can be used to reach the customer care unit of Air Transat:
|Assistance for Passengers at Destination||Local Phone Number: +1-514-906-5111 |
Canada and USA: 1-855-333-1101
Mexico: 800 265 1064
Colombia: 005 800 88 81 02 22
|Booking or Purchase on the Website or via Contact Center||Local Phone Number: +1-514-636-3630|
Canada and USA: 1-877-TRANSAT (872-6728)
|Booking or Purchase in a Travel Agency||Choose the Agency from the option to connect with the right agent.|
How to request Air Transat via the Airport counter to request name changes/ corrections?
The airport help desk is the most reliable way to change Air Transat flight names, as it oversees the changes and guides travelers in other issues such as Air Transat flight changes, check-in, and boarding.
- Head to the airport counter before the expected departure time.
- Inform the agent regarding the name change/ Air transat name correction policy and share the reason for the name change.
- Share the “booking reference number” and the “ticket confirmation code” with the agent.
- Submit all the details as asked by the agents. This can include information about your flight and other personal particulars as well.
- The agent will analyze the shared details, check the availability, check the validity of the documents, and respond back to the passengers.
- The airport staff may take time with respect to minor/ major corrections/ changes requested by the passenger.
- Complete the request and submit the legal and other relevant documents.
- Once the request is processed, pay the applicable Air Transat name change fee and applicable fare differences.
- You will be issued a revised ticket with the correct name and information. Receive your boarding pass and head to the boarding area.
How to contact Air Transat airline via Social Media to Address Queries/ Suggestions?
Air Transat Social media presence on a wide variety of online platforms like TikTok, YouTube, Pinterest, and Instagram to name a few allows an interactive space for travelers to give feedback and address issues like the name change, Air Transat unaccompanied minor policy, etc.
|Social Media Platforms||Profile URL/ Link|
What is the Air Transat Name Change Fee?
Air Transat name change fee is applicable for name changes and name corrections chosen by the passenger. This fee mainly depends on: Fare type, Type of seat, Departure destination, Time of request, and Extent of correction.
Guidelines – The airline specifies the following rules for passengers requesting a name change.
- Passengers can request free name corrections within the 24-hour risk-free period.
- Name change/ Air transat name correction policy is available to all passengers except with Eco Budget fare type.
- Fare differences and service charges may apply based on the route and destination chosen.
- Passengers can enjoy free name changes for name changes/ corrections for the requested changes.
- However, certain fees might be levied under certain circumstances.
- Here is a rundown on the fare type and the name change allowance.
|Eco Class||No changes permitted||Changes without fee||No fee|
|Club Class||Nil||No fee for a name change||No fee|
NOTE – Contact the airline to know the specific name changes/ corrections charges applicable under specific circumstances.
The Air Transat name change guidelines are an effective and carefully drafted a policy for passengers. You can use the online and offline methods to change name or name corrections, enjoy the cost-free name changes, hassle-free mechanism without wasting time and effort for a name change. Contact the airline for other services like Air Transat pet policy and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Name correction policy permits the passengers to correct characters up to three characters in the first, middle, or last name.
To contact name change via the website, visit “Manage Booking”, enter the E-booking reference number, and name change request, enter the correct name information, and confirm the request.
Make sure to provide the Marriage decree, divorce agreement, Divorce notice, Marriage certificate, travel documents, and Government issued ID for a name change.
It may take up to 24 hours up to the day of the flight to change the name on the flight ticket based on the request.
Air Transat does not mention a name change fee for the majority of changes. Contact the airline for any specific name change request fee.
Air Transat allows one change per passenger, only entertains name corrections, and provides corrections for unused tickets only.
You can request the name correction up to 24 hours before the scheduled departure.
The airline may not permit full name changes, however, name corrections up to 3 characters are permitted by Air Transat.
You can contact the airline for name corrections via the website, over the phone, and at the airport counter for requests.
No, middle names are not compulsory on the air transat ticket as long as the first and last name of the passenger matches the ticket.
Trying to buy my ticket I forgot the middle names now I can’t change it