For a variety of reasons, passengers need to alter or correct names listed on their airline tickets. The Delta Airlines name change policy covers all scenarios, including misspellings and changes to initials.
All passengers flying on this airline must comply with the legal requirement that their names appear exactly as they do on their tickets. Delta offers a variety of choices for name correction since it recognizes how important it is.
Let’s examine the requirements for changing a name on a Delta reservation, including the name change charge, the name correction policy, and more.
- Guidelines Under Delta Change Name on Ticket
- Request Accepted Under Delta Change Name of Passenger
- Can you change the name on a Delta airline ticket? No!
- Can You Correct the Name on Delta Airlines Reservation?
- Ways to Change Your Name on Delta Airlines Ticket
Guidelines Under Delta Change Name on Ticket
To be able to change name on Delta ticket, all travelers must meet the following conditions.
- Passengers can be permitted to change their nicknames to legal names on the ticket and boarding pass.
- You are free to change middle name on Delta ticket if requested within 24 hours of purchase.
- Simple additions to the name without any change can also be made by the passenger under this policy.
- The flight date, ticket class, or origin/destination point cannot be changed, under Delta Airlines name change policy.
- Furthermore, no adjustments or corrections to gender or date of birth would be permitted. To know more, refer to Delta airlines flight change policy.
- Only minor Delta name corrections of up to three characters are permissible.
- Name changes are not permitted after making Delta check-in requests.
Request Accepted Under Delta Change Name of Passenger
There are several types of requests accepted when it comes to change name on Delta ticket. Check out the following name change request –
Change Middle Name on Delta Ticket
As per Delta airlines name change policy, the name of the passengers must be exactly identical as it appears on the passport or government-issued photo ID. If the passport includes a middle name, passengers need to update the middle name on the ticket. In this case –
- Name change fee must be paid.
- Tickets would be reissued to the same or higher class of service, subject to availability. Fare difference may apply.
Delta Airlines Name Change Marriage
When a flyer travels with the Delta but under a different name, a legal dilemma arises. In this case –
- Passengers are allowed to change the first name and/or last name.
- Legal documents such as Marriage certificates need to be produced in order to justify the name change.
- Name change fee applies.
Can you change the name on a Delta airline ticket? No!
The airlines do not allow passengers to request delta name change except under the following circumstances –
- Divorce decree
- If passengers have legal document that justifies Delta airlines changing passenger name
Can You Correct the Name on Delta Airlines Reservation?
In certain instances, when a traveler is reserving a flight, he/she may create a typing error while entering his/her details. With the Delta Airlines name correction policy, you can remove such an error from your name. Usually, for tickets to domestic, as well as international locations, this policy is applicable.
Conditions to Change Name Online on Delta Airlines – While trying to change your information on the ticket, you must comply with certain conditions.
- A traveler can change spelling corrections to his or her name involving more than 3 letters online.
- Passengers can change only their Delta Airlines name and not their personal information as per the policy.
- In addition to your name, you can also alter your date of birth and gender online.
- To rectify mistakes in the first and middle names, you may reissue a new ticket.
- You can claim only 1 reissue of the ticket on a name change.
In an attempt to cater to the different requirements of the passengers, this US carrier has put forward several ways to allow some name changes. The Delta Airlines name change policy includes online as well as offline procedures. In addition to this, you can use these methods to make corrections in your name as well.
The following name corrections are permitted to your Delta Airlines Booking –
- Correction of the title – If the gender title on a booking is incorrect, you can update it to reflect the passenger’s actual gender. Depending on availability, the ticket would be reissued in the same or a higher level of service. The fare difference and the Delta name change fee would be applied.
- Correction of the first or middle name – The passenger’s first and middle names may be changed to match the information on their passport. The ticket would be issued again in the current or higher class of service, depending on availability. The fare difference and the change fee would be assessed.
- First/Last name correction– Changes to the first/last name may only be made up to three characters long and must correspond to the last name on the passport or other official photo ID. Through the Delta airlines Manage Booking section, you can request for the name to be corrected. Along with the fare difference, a name correction fee will be charged.
- Addition of the last name – You are allowed to update the passenger’s name to match the one on their passport by adding another last name, but you cannot change the original surname.
- Inverted first and last name – Passengers can request to correct the order of the first and last name on the ticket. Delta airlines name change fee would be applicable.
Ways to Change Your Name on Delta Airlines Ticket
The Delta Airlines name change policy includes online as well as offline procedures. In addition to this, you can use these methods to make corrections in your name as well.
- Through visiting the Delta official site
- Via the Delta customer care
- Using the airport kiosk
Note: You can immediately correct your misspelled name on Delta Airlines ticket after reservation through the first two options.
Method 1: Delta Name Change Online
For this, you simply have to visit Delta’s official site and use the My Trips tab to change your name. An in-detail description of the steps of this process are as mentioned below:
Delta Airline Name Change Process (Screenshot from delta.com)
Step 1: Type in the link “www.delta.com” to navigate to the official site of this airline.
Step 2: On the list of tabs given on the Home page, you will find the “My Trips” section.
Step 3: Here, provide all the details including “Confirmation Number”, “First Name” and “Last Name” to find your reservation.
Step 4: Now, find the flight ticket on which you wish to change your name and select the “Edit” option.
Step 5: On this page, you will have to select the “Delta Airlines name change” option.
Step 6: Make the necessary changes to your name.
Step 7: Make sure to confirm your changes and print a fresh ticket showing the new/correct name.
Method 2: Delta Change Name on Ticket Via Phone Call
Some travelers may find it relatively easier to solve their queries by connecting with the officials directly. In such a case, you can opt to change name on a Delta Airlines ticket through a phone call. For this, the passengers are given the option to reach the agents at their toll-free or customer care number
Delta SkyMiles Name Change via Phone Call – To avail of the Delta Airlines SkyMiles name change feature, you need to reach the airlines through the customer service phone number. The dedicated SkyMiles department specifically deals with queries about this program.
- Give them the details of your SkyMiles account and the type of Delta SkyMiles name change or correction.
- For name changes, you will have to authorize some court documents.
- They can include marriage or divorce certificates, court orders, or any other legal document verifying the change.
Note: It is important to change the misspelled name on the airline ticket on Delta. This is because it is legally essential for the name in your SkyMiles account to be similar to the name in your identification certificate.
Delta Airlines Name Change Fee
Passengers will be liable to pay a Delta Airlines name change fee when correcting the name.
You must note that it is free to change the name as long as you do it within 24 hours of booking your reservation. After this, you will have to pay a fee.
|Cabin Class||Economy Light||Economy Classic||Economy Delight||Premium Economy||Business|
|Name Change Fee (in USD)||Not Available||Not Available||200||200||100|
|Name Correction Fee (in USD)||Not Available||Not Available||150||100||Free|
Note: Under the Delta Airlines name change and correction policy, the change fee for the SkyMiles members can also be more or less the same. However, these members can enjoy certain discounts under specific conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some passengers may find it easier to change name on Delta ticket by using the social media platform. In such instances, you may get the social media pages from the main site of the airline.
Passengers have the option to request name correction online via My Trips section. Alternatively, you can dial Delta customer service phone number to request name change.
According to the name change policy, it may not be allowed to modify your name once you have boarded your flight. If you want more information regarding this, then you can contact the airline.
There are various ways for Delta name change on the ticket. A passenger can update his or her details online, through social media, as well as offline too.
You can change middle name on Delta ticket by visiting the airport. There, you may provide the documents to the officials for verification. Sometimes, you may have to pay a fee regarding the change you need on the ticket. Call airlines to complete the request.
Yes. The airline allows name changes under legal circumstances only, such as divorce, marriage or any other legal compulsion.
Call Delta name change phone number. For the modification of the name, you should give the necessary information to the agent. This may include SkyMiles account information. Provide the booking details to proceed with your request.
A passenger cannot alter his or her name on the plane ticket at Delta. This is because when you are flying with the delta airlines flight, you are not allowed to transfer your ticket to any other person.