Possibly, at times, you may enter inaccurate information while booking your flight tickets. This can lead to errors. These mistakes can be in the middle name, last name, or first name. For assistance in such circumstances, the Ryanair name change policy has been created. It can allow name changes or corrections on the flight tickets. This policy can be helpful since it keeps you out from the identification issues as well as troubles with the law. Hence, while flying with the airline, you should know the name change policy’s terms and conditions.
- Ryanair Name Change Policy Types
- Ryanair Name Change or Correction Guidelines
- Ryanair Name Change or Correction Methods
- Method 1: Rectify the Details by Sending a Mail
- Method 2: Alter Your Name via the Official Site
- Method 3: By Using the ChatBot Feature
- Method 4: Modify Name by Contacting the Airline
- Method 5: Alter Names by Using Postal Service
- Tips to Save Ryanair Ticket Name Change Cost
- Ryanair Name Change Fee
Ryanair Name Change Policy Types
The name change policy of Ryanair is available for a variety of alterations including spelling problems. This feature can also permit you to modify the details when there is a legal requirement for you to do so.
More details of the types are mentioned below:
Legal Modification in the Name
The change name on the Ryanair flight is required at times when you are in crucial situations. A traveler can modify his/her legal name. For that reason, you may have to provide your legal paperwork.
Ryanair Name Correction Policy
When a passenger’s name on the ticket is misspelled, this policy can be used. Whether the alteration of details is slight or significant, they can be corrected. Similarly, it has a character limit to edit the traveler’s name on the ticket. As per the limit of letters, you can rectify your name on the plane ticket.
Ryanair Change Name on Flight
A passenger can change his or her personal information before entering the flight. However, when you have boarded it, you may not modify your name on the Ryanair ticket. Hence, under the change name policy, a passenger’s flight ticket is non-transferable.
Ryanair Name Change or Correction Guidelines
When a flyer attempts to use the Ryanair change name on flight service, it is significant to know the guidelines. Then it can be easy to commence the modification of personal information procedures. These guidelines are set by the airline with the utmost interests of the passengers in mind.
- Before 48 hours of your planned departure, you can modify or correct your name on the ticket.
- When a traveler wants to alter his/her information on the plane ticket for free, in such a case, this must be done within 24 hours of his/her reservation time.
- The flight tickets of a passenger may not transfer to another person. For that reason, the complete personal details cannot be modified.
- On a verified reservation, a flyer may not change flight name on Ryanair. When the flyer wants to alter the name after the confirmed booking, he or she must cancel the ticket and rebook a new one.
- On the plane ticket, you may be allowed to edit the minor errors as per the policy of the airline.
- A traveler can alter a piece of information on the ticket in case of marriage or divorce. In such instances, you may have to provide the documents such as a marriage certificate or any other paperwork.
- When a reservation has been made using a trip voucher, Ryanair change name on flight may not be authorized.
Ryanair Name Change or Correction Methods
The Airline has offered many approaches to the passengers for the rectification of their personal information. The Ryanair name change policy provides the email service to them for solving their relative queries. Sometimes, a passenger may want to make the alterations of the name on the plane ticket by himself/herself, for that the online method is available.
Similarly, you can call the airline for the concern of a name change or correction. Additionally, the airline solves the issue of travelers through the postal service. Or else, you can receive more information regarding the edit of the name on the flight ticket through the chatbot. Hence, a traveler can make the alteration of the details as per his or her preferred method.
Method 1: Rectify the Details by Sending a Mail
Sometimes, a passenger may have an issue or a question like a name change or correction, in such circumstances, Ryanair can be reached via email service. On the official site of the airline, you can get the email ID to change name on Ryanair flight. Hence, you can rectify your name on the ticket with ease as you include the relevant details in this message.
- Visit the site of the airline “www.ryanair.com“.
- From here, you can take the “Email Address” of the airline.
- From that option, you can take the “Email Address” of the airline.
- You can type your query about name change or correction on the plane ticket to the airline through email.
- Additionally, while emailing the airline for the modification of the name, you may need to add your personal details. It includes your “Travel Date”, “Booking Reference”, and your “Complete Name”.
- Attach your identity for the verification of the procedure for Ryanair name change.
- Post-entering your details, click on the “Send” button.
- Soon, the airline should respond to your mail for the alteration of the information.
Note: A passenger’s email may receive a response within 3 to 5 days.
Method 2: Alter Your Name via the Official Site
A passenger can change name on Ryanair flight ticket online. For the online procedure, you will need to access the official website of the airline. The feature of My Booking can be found there. You will be required to provide the ticket information for the modification of the name. Once you have provided the details, you can make the alterations and wait for the airline to respond.
In addition to this, please read the detailed steps given below:
- Initially, make sure that you open the website of Ryanair.
- On the homepage of the website, find the “Manage My Booking” option. Click on it.
- Now, the “Manage Your Trip” feature will appear. Tap on it.
- Choose the “Change Name” button for the Ryanair name change or correction.
- Input your new name in the areas given.
- Once you confirm the name modification, you will be taken back to the “Active Booking” page.
- You will find the following at the top of the page: “You have made changes to your trip, you will need to check out to confirm them”. Choose the “Check Out” option.
- Input your payment information and select “Pay Now”.
- After paying the Ryanair change name cost, you should get an email regarding the updated name on the ticket.
Method 3: By Using the ChatBot Feature
The airline provides several options for rectifying the name on the flight ticket. One of the facilities provided by the airline is to solve your query through ChatBot. You can simply find the ChatBot feature on the airline’s official site. There, you can seek the information for the name change on Ryanair.
More information has provided below for using this feature:
- You will have to log in to your browser and navigate to the airline’s main site.
- On the website of Ryanair, you can look at the “Help Center” option. Press on it.
- Find the “Chat” feature on another page.
- You will have to “Log in” via your email ID.
- Type “Change Name” in the chat space.
The airline will respond to you and provide the information regarding the Ryanair change name on flight tickets. Follow the instructions for the modification of the details. Your personal information should be altered with ease. Hence, you may find the confirmation message for the rectification of your name on your registered email address.
Method 4: Modify Name by Contacting the Airline
A passenger can communicate with the customer service to use the name change Ryanair feature. It can be appropriate for significant name alterations such as removing the first or middle name, the addition of the surname, etc. It may be helpful for the passengers to make last-minute personal information changes as well.
You will have to dial +1-877-805-0998 to reach the Ryanair customer service department. This contact number is available on the airline’s official website. However, based on your location, you may get the number of the customer service center.
Once, you will have made the contact with the representative, follow the given steps to change flight name on Ryanair before boarding:
- The agent will begin by inquiring as to why you have called. Tell him or her about the mistake in your name on the ticket.
- Post you mention your query about modifications to the details, you may be asked to provide the information about your booking. The details may include the “Booking Reference” number as well as your “Last Name”.
- After giving your actual information, he or she may ask you for the fees regarding the name change on Ryanair when necessary.
- Once you make a payment, the agent will go ahead with the procedure and later inform you about its completion.
The most suitable time to call the customer care representative is as follows:
|Days||Time of Availability|
|Monday to Friday||8:00 AM to 6:00 PM GMT|
|Saturday-Sunday||8:00 AM to 5:00 PM GMT|
Note: Calling the Ryanair airline can cost up to £ 0.13 per minute. Additionally, any access fee can be charged by the phone company.
Method 5: Alter Names by Using Postal Service
When a traveler is required to modify or edit the name, he/she can write a letter to the airline regarding it. In such instances, you should provide as much information as possible so that the airline can quickly respond to your query. The change name on Ryanair flight should be mentioned properly. The query should clearly state whether a complete change or correction is required.
The details that should be submitted by the flyer are given below:
- Details like the Booking Reference Number can be mentioned while writing the letter to the airline.
- The complete name of the traveler should be provided.
- Ensure that the preferred method of communication is mentioned like the email address, postal address, or phone number.
- The information on the modifications should be given properly.
- You should also add the details of the flight.
The traveler may need to send the query letter to the following address:
|Ryanair Customer Service Department,PO Box 11451,Swords,Co. Dublin,Ireland|
Note: In the postal service method, the airline may respond within 15 working days to the passenger.
Tips to Save Ryanair Ticket Name Change Cost
The carrier does not permit travelers to travel with misspelled or incorrect names on their tickets. When the details are inaccurate and you wish to correct them, you may have to pay a Ryanair ticket name change price. To avoid the price, a passenger may always have to check the information twice before the reservation.
In this context, here are a few extra tips to think about before modifying the name on the plane ticket:
- To avoid the name change cost, a flyer can purchase refundable tickets.
- When the passenger’s entire name is wrongly mentioned, he/she can cancel the ticket and book a new one with the right name. Sometimes, it may be possible to get a full refund by canceling the flight ticket.
- To avoid the name change fee on Ryanair, you can make the modifications within 24 hours of reserving a plane ticket.
- Please keep in mind that in some cases, the booking of a new ticket instead of paying a service fee for the modification may be more cost-effective.
Ryanair Name Change Fee
The airline may charge a fee for facilitating name modifications or corrections on the ticket. A passenger can avoid paying the Ryanair change name cost by making the necessary rectifications within 24 hours after booking it. This term is known as the risk-free period. When you exceed the 24 hours period limit, you may be charged a price for the alterations.
The personal information’s modification or edit fees may vary depending on the type of ticket. How and when the ticket was purchased by the passenger can also influence the Ryanair ticket name change price. Another factor can be how the traveler makes the adjustment in the name. Moreover, Ryanair may demand a hefty cost for this when the changes are major.
Hence, you should make the changes sooner in your name on the ticket to bear a low Ryanair name change fee.
Passengers can modify their name details in a variety of ways with the Ryanair DAC. It can provide the best guidelines and support the travelers throughout the procedure of the edit of the name. The airline’s name change policy can have the greatest interest of its visitors. Hence, you can use the name change policy as needed for the immediate details modification.
Ryanair Name Change Policy FAQs
The Ryanair ticket name change price is ascertained by the airline as per the changes. Thus, when you wish to find it out, it will be best to contact the airline. Also, when you are performing the name change procedure online, you can find the fee stated in it.
One of the easiest methods to change the name on Ryanair is to call the airline. You will have to share your concern with its agent on call. Later, you may provide the identity proof for the verification of the process. Soon, you will receive a message of completion of the name change/correction on the flight ticket.
When the changes can be made within 24 hours of the reservation, Ryanair change name cost may not be applicable. Beyond this limit, a passenger may pay the fees for the modification of the name. Depending on the sort of alteration of the name, the fees can be decided. The cost for rectifying the name may vary from time to time. For the most recent guidelines of the fees, you can contact the airline.