Passengers can make errors in their names when booking a flight. In some cases, the passenger’s name can get changed after marriage or divorce. In such circumstances, travelers flying by air will be required to modify their names. This facility is provided by Thai Airways name change policy. It allows the flyers to travel with the correct name by facilitating error modification. You will be able to make the required changes to your name once you understand this policy clearly. Moreover, rest assured, you can enjoy safe travel as well by adhering to the rules of this name change policy.
- What is the Thai Airways Name Change Policy?
- Rules To Correct/Change Name On Thai Airways
- Ways To Change/Correct Name On Thai Airways
- Method 1: Online Name Change Via Thai Airways Website
- Method 2: Name Correction Via Customer Care On Thai Airways
- Thai Airways Middle Name Policy
- Name Change Fees On Thai Airways
- FAQs-Thai Airways Name Change Policy
What is the Thai Airways Name Change Policy?
This policy gives all the necessary information regarding travelers’ name modification. It states that though the passengers will not be allowed to change their entire name, they can now make certain name corrections to their name. As per the Thai Airways name correction policy, mistakes resulting from spelling errors can be corrected in the ticket. You will also be permitted to make additions to your name post marriage. Similarly, edits can be made to your name due to any legal reasons, as suggested by your legal advisor. Any minor corrections confined to limited characters can also be done by adhering to this policy. Alterations to the middle and last names can also be allowed as well.
Rules To Correct/Change Name On Thai Airways
The Thai Airways name change policy has given several rules for name correction. Any changes to your ticket name can only be made if you follow these conditions. These regulations help the passenger to understand the name change procedure more effectively. They also result in the quick completion of your name modification process. Additionally, these rules make name change simpler on the part of the airline.
Given below are the main conditions to be obeyed while accessing the Thai Airways ticket change name feature:
- Alterations to the name can be done on all tickets purchased directly with the airline through its official sources.
- Any changes made to your name on the PNR will affect your entire reservation or booking.
- This airline only accepts certain corrections to the name that are made before check-in.
- Travelers will be permitted to change their passenger name to the company name on the receipts of cash.
- Depending on the circumstances, you may be charged a specific fee for modifying your name on the ticket.
- Name changes can be done on tax invoices only.
- The Thai Airways middle name policy does not impose any restrictions on the modification of the middle name.
- All types of name modifications made on the bookings of partner airlines apply to Thai Airways as well.
- In case you want to change your name owing to your marriage or divorce, you will have to submit a legal certificate as proof to the airline.
Note: Thai Airways strictly forbids the transfer of your ticket to the name of another traveler.
Ways To Change/Correct Name On Thai Airways
To suit the needs and preferences of various customers, the Thai Airways name change feature gives different options to correct your name. These options include online as well as offline procedures. Both of these methods prove to be immensely convenient and easy to use. Therefore, if you are looking to modify your name on this airline, you ought to know how to use these options.
Method 1: Online Name Change Via Thai Airways Website
Thai Airways name correction can be done online through the official site of the carrier. This method can be used for both domestic and international travel. It helps the passenger to alter their name securely. Moreover, the online site is accessible to users all over the world at any time. Thus, it is easy to use for many flyers across the globe.
Under this process, you will have to go to the “Manage Booking” section on the site and submit your details. The full procedure to modify your name online is described here:
- Open your browser and type in the web address “www. thaiairways.com”
- Once you reach the home page of the site, go to the “Manage” tab in the top panel of tabs.
- In the drop-down list, you will find the option “My Booking”. Please click on it.
- You will now be redirected to a new page. Here, you can find your reservation by entering the required details. Provide your “Thai Booking Reference” and “Passenger Last Name”
- Upon inserting your information, click on the “Find Booking” button highlighted in yellow.
- Now, follow the on-screen directions and select the Thai Airways name change option to modify your name.
- Complete the process by paying the change fee, if necessary.
- You will then receive a confirmation email or an SMS regarding your successful name change process.
Note: As per the Thai Airways name change policy, you may not be eligible for online name modifications in case of third-party bookings.
Method 2: Name Correction Via Customer Care On Thai Airways
This offline procedure is best suitable when you want to make additions to your name. This can be due to marriage, divorce, or any other legal reasons. Corrections to the Thai Airways middle name on ticket can also be done through this method. This is the safest way to modify your name as the airline authorities personally handle your issues.
The customer care number of this airline varies based on your country. To know your respective contact number based on your destination, kindly go to the “Contact Us” section on the Thai Airways online site. Then, you need to enter your country and region and find your suitable number. In case of any emergency, you can connect with the international contact center at +61-2 9844-0900.
When you connect with the airline’s agents, you will have to:
- Report the errors in your name and request a name change in Thai Airways.
- You may be asked to submit certain documents like your passport and identity proof.
- The airline may also ask you to provide your booking details, reference number, and first and last names.
- After analyzing these details, the agents will soon commence the process of name correction.
- Then, pay the required name change fee as per the guidelines.
- Once your name is altered by the carrier, you will receive a confirmation email to your registered address.
Thai Airways Middle Name Policy
According to the Thai Airways middle name policy, it is not mandatory for registering your middle name during reservation. You can continue your booking on the basis of just your first and last names. However, you can submit your middle name to the carrier if you want to. Later, corrections to your middle name will also be permitted. Hence, it is up to the passengers to decide if they want to register their middle names.
Quick Note: You do not need to enter your middle name if the middle name field is omitted by the airline during the reservation.
Name Change Fees On Thai Airways
The Thai Airways name change policy imposes a specific fee for name corrections. This fee usually depends on the time of request and your region. Currently, a fee of about AUD 100 or USD 71 is being charged for name corrections. In some cases, along with the change fee, service charges may be applied as well. Therefore, you can know the latest amount by contacting the airline directly.
Name alteration is made easy by the simple Thai Airways name change policy. It caters to the different demands of various travelers. It also allows the passengers to modify any part of their name due to any reason. Hence, this policy is extremely beneficial to flyers all around the world.
FAQs-Thai Airways Name Change Policy
This airline does not permit complete name changes or name transfers. It only allows certain characters’ changes in the name of the flyer. However, by using the Thai Airways name change feature, you can make corrections to your name. Any spelling errors can also be modified with this option. Further, you can make additions to your first and last names after marriage and divorce.
There are two ways in which you can correct your name on this airline. Firstly, the online procedure where you will have to go to the “Manage” section on the main site. For that, you need to enter your details here and modify your name. Secondly, the offline procedure, where you can contact the airline directly using the customer care number. You can request the airline agents to modify your name.
Name change in Thai Airways costs about $71 under normal circumstances. However, depending on your region, arrival destination, and time of the request, this fee can change. The fee also fluctuates based on the latest updates of the airline. Contacting the customer care center is the best option for knowing the exact name change fee.
Yes, Thai Airways allows its travelers to correct/modify their middle names on the tickets. You can do so by connecting with the airline’s agents via customer care contact number. When connected on a call, inform them about the error in your middle name and provide the necessary identity proofs. Your middle name will soon be corrected by the authorities.
It is not compulsory to submit your middle name during a reservation with this airline. As per the Thai Airways middle name policy, bookings with or without a middle name will be accepted. Nevertheless, if you want to register your middle name, there will be no restrictions by the airline. Hence, submission of the middle name is optional and not mandatory.
The name format of Thai Airways generally includes the first and last names of the passengers. It states that the name on your passport must match the name on your ticket. So, the same name format of your passport is to be followed during reservation. For other queries and modifications, you can contact the airline.
Under the Thai Airways name policy, passengers will be permitted to modify their maiden names. You can correct your maiden name after reservation. However, these corrections can only be made before check-in. Any requests for name modifications made after check-in may not be accepted by the airline as this might result in last-minute hassle.
Yes, you can correct your name on this airline using the online site. The Thai Airways ticket change name feature, found under the “Manage Booking” tab facilitates name modification. You can access the website directly through your internet browser. Apart from making name changes, you can also do flight modifications via Thai Airways’ online site.