When travelers wish to log in their details, fly with ease, book their tickets and do more things, mentioning correct details in the flight tickets are needed. Also, when the information on the flight tickets is incorrect, the process of boarding may fail. In such circumstances, you can correct or modify your details with the WestJet name change policy. The passengers who want to travel with their accurate identification details on the ticket can use this policy.
WestJet Name Correction Policy
Generally, typo mistakes may be made at the time of booking any flight ticket. When you board a flight in real life, such mistakes may lead to incorrect identification of the passenger. This may result in trip cancellation or even extended inconvenience.
To avoid such instances, the carrier has made the WestJet name correction policy. A passenger can take advantage of this policy to correct his or her name on the plane ticket. It contains errors, misspelled details, and many more minor mistakes. You can edit up to a few letters in your name as limited under this policy. Along with this, you may also do the necessary identification for the name correction to the carrier.
WestJet Middle Name on Ticket
In a few instances, a passenger may want to know whether the middle name on the flight ticket is necessary or not. If you wish to add your middle name on the flight ticket, then you can add it with ease. Otherwise, on WestJet no middle name on tickets can be a problem because it is not mandatory.
Knowing that you have added your middle name and want to edit it for some reason, you can use the name correction or change policy. However, a traveler needs to add his or her first and last name correctly in order to board the flight easily.
Terms and Conditions of WestJet Name Change/Correction
While the operator allows for a variety of modifications and adjustments in the passenger name, still a flyer has to follow some terms and conditions. Following the WestJet name change policy, these terms facilitate passengers in completing their modifications at the earliest.
A traveler can be able to alter his or her details by following the conditions as stated below:
- The passengers can seek an alteration of personal information up to two hours prior to the flight departure.
- You can make adjustments in the name of your ticket cost-free within 24 hours of purchasing.
- When a traveler wants to alter his or her name due to a marriage or divorce, in such cases, the basic fees may not be applied. For this procedure to be done, you can submit some required legal documents to the airline.
- Furthermore, except for the basic price, the WestJet name change policy may apply to all the fare classes.
- The passenger’s piece of information on the ticket must match the details on their identity.
- However, the carrier cannot permit certain modifications in the details during the flight.
- However, you can make minor corrections to the ticket name.
Name Change or Correction Ways
Sometimes, it becomes necessary for the passenger to rectify his or her errors in the name because of misspelled details or any other reason. Once you complete the reservation process, you can make the necessary modifications of the details on the ticket as per the WestJet name change policy. There are many methods provided by the airline.
By using the website, a flyer can edit his or her name at his/her convenience. Many travelers may prefer the calling approach to rectify their personal information. Further, through the chatbot feature also, you can make the changes or corrections in the name on the ticket. Or else, you can mail the airline regarding your issue too.
All approaches can make it easier to modify or fix a person’s identification details on the flight ticket. Depending on the traveler’s need, he or she can choose the most convenient method.
Method 1: Modify Your Information Through ChatBot
The carrier has various approaches for alterations of the name on the ticket. You can rectify your name by using the ‘ChatBot’ facility provided by the airline. You only need to locate the feature of the chatbot on the official website of the airline and request for the name change or correction as per the WestJet name change policy.
Please read the information as shown below to make changes in the name via ChatBot:
- Open the following link given below:
- On the first page of the site, you can find the “Chat” option. Tap on it.
- You can chat with the officials of the airline as a “Guest” or you can connect with the carrier through the “Messenger” feature.
- As a guest, you can type “Name Correction” or “Name Change” on the chat.
- Further, you may receive the instructions over the chat regarding the process.
- Once you follow all the instructions properly, your name may be rectified easily.
- Next, you may provide some necessary information for the modification of the name as the protocol of the airline.
- In the end, wait for the response from the operator for the correction of your name.
Method 2: Alteration of Name by Sending the Mail
Nowadays, many things can rely on email. For many passengers too, sending mail may be a convenient approach. By emailing the airline, it can be useful for the WestJet name change on the flight ticket. For the email address of the airline, you will need to visit the official website of the carrier. Further, you can email the airline and resolve your query of modifications of the name on the ticket.
The following steps for altering your information on the mail are as described below:
- The first step is you will have to come to the official website of the operator.
- Scroll down the site, you can see the “Contact Us” option. Click on it.
- You may be directed to the “Contact Us” page, where you can look for the “Email Us” option. Select that feature.
- Here, you can add your information for the name change or correction. The details will include your personal information as well as travel details.
- Once you provide all the information in the required fields, you will have to click on the “I’m not a robot” feature”.
- Next tap on the “Submit” feature to send the mail to the airline.
- Soon you may receive the confirmation email of the name change or correction under the terms of the WestJet name change policy from the carrier.
Method 3: With the WestJet Website
A flyer can preserve time and complete the WestJet name change procedure on his or her own by using the online service. You can make the rectification to your name with just a couple of taps via the website of the airline.
To proceed with this method, you will need to access the official site of the airline. There, you may look for the ‘Manage Trip’ feature. By clicking on it, you can manage your flight booking modification with ease. In the end, you may receive the confirmation message of the name change or correction procedure.
- Make sure that you open this link in the first step “www.westjet.com”.
- At the top of the menu, you can see the “Manage Trip” option. Click on it.
- By tapping on this feature, you can get the many choices available. For the alteration of the name, you can choose the “Manage Flight” feature.
- Then, you will be directed to the next page, here, to locate your reservation, you may have to insert your “Reservation Code” as well as your “Last Name” on the given boxes. Then press the “Search” option.
- By clicking on it, on your screen, a new webpage will display your reservation with all the necessary details.
- You may have the feature of selecting the flight you need to modify.
- Next, you may be able to access the information you previously entered.
- Once you have the old details, now you can tap the “Edit” feature to make the rectification.
- When you alter your name, you may need to provide an identity for the verification in the appropriate field. Then, press the ” Continue” option.
- Next, you may need to pay the fees for the WestJet name change or correction if necessary.
- Post you make your payment, click on the “Done” button.
- Further, you may get a confirmation message from the carrier.
Method 4: Directly Contacting Customer Service
Some travelers may want to accomplish the modification or rectification of the personal details on their ticket via offline methods such as calling. In such situations, a flyer has the option of contacting the operator’s agent. Furthermore, this method is known to be trustworthy according to many passengers. As per this approach, the agent individually attends to the traveler’s needs.
The carrier provides the contact number of the agent on the official website. On the webpage of the website, you can have the ‘Contact Us’ option. By clicking on it, you can opt for the ‘Give us a Call’ feature. Further, you can get the number of the officials. By dialing the customer service number, you can share your concern to their officials regarding the WestJet name change or edit on the ticket. In the end, wait for the agent to complete the procedure.
- Please, navigate to the link mentioned below:
- Scroll down to the homepage of the website, at the bottom, you can have the “Contact Us” tab. Click on it.
- You will now be directed to the “Contact Us” page.
- Here, you may find the “Give us a call” option. Press on it.
- By clicking this option, you will be able to see another webpage, scroll down and you can have the various numbers of the customer care center.
- Here, you can have the different categories’ contact numbers. It may include “WestJet”, “International Phone Number”, “Our Travel Partners”, as well as “Government Customer Protection”.
- You can find the contact number as per your requirement for the WestJet name change or adjustment on the flight ticket.
Once you choose the number, then you can connect with the agent and request him or her for modification of the details on the ticket. He or she may ask you for the necessary paperwork for the identification process. When you have provided all the required documents to the airline, he or she moves on with the further procedure. Later, you may be required to pay the fees for the alteration of the information when necessary. Post you make the payment of the fee, wait for the completion of the procedure.
WestJet Name Change Fee
Generally, the air carrier may impose some service charges. Such fees can be included in the name change or edit policy. Based on some factors, the airline may charge an extra fee for the alteration of the name. The cost can be determined by the location of travel, modification time, and nature of change.
The fee may not be charged, when a passenger can alter his or her name within 24 hours of the booking. In case, you can modify your name on the ticket after 24 hours of reservation, then some additional cost may apply.
Note: The service is free for the passengers who alter their name due to a divorce or marriage.
The WestJet name change fees are listed in the table below:
|Fee for name change||Business(CAD)||Economic(CAD)||Premium(CAD)||Economic Flex(CAD)|
|Traveling between Europe and Canada||150-177||150-177||150-177||150-177|
|Apart for Europe, Travel Between Canada and any other country||100-118||100-118||100-118||100-118|
Note: The fees can be levied in the original payment currency. Exchange rates for credit cards may apply.
Correcting inaccurate or erroneous details on the tickets is necessary for smooth traveling. The WestJet name change policy can make this possible. This policy may provide multiple advantages to the passengers as well as several methods of modification of the personal information on the flight ticket. Hence, a traveler can utilize this service, when it is convenient to him or her.
WestJet Name Change Policy FAQs
On the flight tickets of WestJet, a flyer’s initial name and surname can be required. They must also be correct in order to fly smoothly. You may not have to include the WestJet middle name on tickets, because it is not essential. Hence, for the exact details to be known for the middle name on the ticket, you can contact the airline.
When applied, the WestJet name change fee can start CAD 150 onward for Economic, Economic Flex, Premium, as well as Business classes. It can go up to CAD 118. The exact amount can be inferred based on the location. Also, the airline holds the right to change the cost.
Once you are done with the reservation process, you can alter your name on the ticket. You can modify your personal information immediately after purchasing or you can make it later. A passenger can have to alter his or her details by keeping in mind the WestJet name change policy.
The airline provides passengers with a variety of features for using the name alteration service. You can modify your name on the ticket by calling the airline’s customer service center. Once you are connected with the agent, you can request a modification in your name. Moreover, the official may instruct you for further procedures.
Many-a-times, you may want to include your middle name on your flight tickets. While you do so, keep in mind that the details are added without errors. Should the same not happen, then please use the middle name correction policy. With its functioning, the WestJet middle name on tickets can be modified with ease.