If you are someone who does not want to miss their pets on the upcoming trip, Eurowings has the solution for you. With reference to the Eurowings pet policy, now you can travel without any hassle with your most faithful companion. However, this policy comes with certain conditions and rules. You must review everything before booking your tickets and a spot for your furry friend.
- Traveling with Your Animals on Eurowings
- Important Points to Remember While Traveling with Pets
- Fee for Traveling with Pets
- Country-Specific Conditions for Ireland and Great Britain
- Eurowings Pet-in-Cabin Policy for Service Dogs
- How to add a pet to your Eurowings flight?
- Useful Tips for Easy Traveling with Your Dog or Cat
Traveling with Your Animals on Eurowings
To make your next trip with your feline easy-breezy, this airline has made its policy flexible and pet-friendly. Some important rules for this policy have been given here.
- The airline only accepts small cats and dogs in the cabin.
- As per the Eurowings-pet-in-the-cabin policy, the maximum weight of the animal should not be more than 8 kg.
- Transportation of the animals is only available for medium-haul and short-haul flights.
- For long-haul flights, you will need to connect with the airline’s customer assistance team.
- To fly to or from the European Union, you will need to read and abide by the vet requirements in terms of the carrier.
- For safety reasons, only Category 1 “fighting” dogs will be allowed. It includes, but is not restricted to:
- Staffordshire bull terriers
- Pit bulls
- Always inform the airline in advance about traveling with a feline.
- Book a spot for it as soon as you decide to travel on the flights of Eurowings.
Important Points to Remember While Traveling with Pets
To let the airline transport your animal, you will need to have some important points in mind. These include the following:
- One ticketed passenger can only travel with one dog or cat as per the pet-in-the-cabin policy.
- The animal should either be a small dog or a cat.
- Also, the maximum weight of your fluffy friend along with its carrier should be up to 8 kg.
- The container should be approved by the airline and be as per the dimensions.
- According to the rules, the dimensions should be 55 cm x 40 cm x 23 cm.
- Only soft-sided carriers will be accepted.
- The container should be bite-proof, leak-proof, and air-permeable.
- It should have enough room for your feline so that it can stand upright, lie down, and turn easily.
Fee for Traveling with Pets
Traveling with your loving dog or cat will come with a fee. The minimum travel fee will be €55/CZK 1,404/NOK 560/£47/SEK 557/DKK 409/HUF 19,357/$65/PLN 248/CHF 60. Based on the travel route, the maximum amount of this charge will vary. Please note that traveling with assistance or service dogs is free.
Note: If you cancel your Eurowings flight, you may have to pay another charge, subject to a few conditions.
Country-Specific Conditions for Ireland and Great Britain
Due to some local regulations for the country, the airline does not offer transportation of the animals for the routes in the United Kingdom and Ireland. However, you can travel on these routes with a service dog without paying a fee.
Eurowings Pet-in-Cabin Policy for Service Dogs
The airline has a specific policy for service or assistance dogs. Some points have been listed here:
- Passengers suffering from hearing, visual, or cognitive disabilities can bring service dogs on board.
- Fully-trained animals that are recognized as the following can be brought on board:
- Diabetic alert dogs.
- Signal dogs
- Epilepsy dogs
- You will need to inform the airline via an email up to 72 hours before the departure time.
- Also, you will need to mention the breed, size, and age of the dog in the email.
- To do so, you will need to fill out the form available on the official website.
Note: Therapy or emotional support animals are not accepted as service dogs. However, they can travel with you in the cabin as normal pets.
How to add a pet to your Eurowings flight?
On this airline, you can add your dog or cat to your flight. This is quite an easy process to do. You will be provided with two different methods – via a phone call and through the official website. Detailed information has been given below to use both:
- Phone Call
To add your pet to your existing booking, you can call on +49-1806-122-345 or +49-(0)30-20457-0. The executives will ask you to provide them with certain details. When you do so, they will validate the information, check the availability, and book a spot. But yes, you will need to pay a certain fee for it.
- Official Website
This method includes some easy steps that a flyer can execute on his or her own. Look at the following for more information:
- Visit the authorized website of Eurowings.
- Use a username and password to sign up.
- In the second step, you will see the option “More Services.” Click on it.
- If your tickets are already booked, then do not worry. Go to the option “My Flight” to add your cat or dog.
- A form-like tab will open wherein you will need to fill out all the details.
- Once you are done with it, pay the appropriate amount (not for service dogs).
- Lastly, save the changes made to complete the process.
Useful Tips for Easy Traveling with Your Dog or Cat
In sync with the Eurowings pet policy, there are a few points that will help your furry friend enjoy stress-free travel. These include:
- Do not directly put the animal in the cage on the travel day.
- Bring the carrier home and let your pet feel comfortable in it.
- Since some animals may feel nervous while in the kennel during the flight, you need to take them to their vet.
- They will check and sedate them with the necessary medication.
- Always bring your cat or dog’s favorite toy or object onboard so that it can stay relaxed and calm.
- Never give any heavy meals or excessive water to your companion right before the flight time.
- But yes, you can provide it with light meals or treats with a little water.
- Arrive at the origin airport with sufficient time before take-off.
- Then you can check in on Eurowings on time.
- Always keep the necessary health certificates and vaccine reports.
- So, you can show them to the concerned authorities whenever needed.
These are the essential aspects of the pet policy of Eurowings. You must check everything beforehand. In case you have any doubts or questions, you should thoroughly go through the rules and travel accordingly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions and answers about the pet policy of Eurowings:
Yes, but only small dogs and cats are allowed to fly.
The minimum fee is 55 euros. However, the maximum fee will depend on the route chosen.
To check in with your pet, you will need to reach the airport at least 30 minutes to 1 hour before the expected flight time. You cannot check-in online with dogs or cats.
You will need to bring a carrier that has the dimensions of 55 cm x 40 cm x 23 cm.
You can book your cat or dog or add to an existing reservation by calling +49-1806-122-345 or +49-(0)30-20457-0.
You can do it online by visiting the official website. Then use “More Services” to continue.