To benefit the customers, the Qatar Airways cancellation policy has several features. The unique framework of this allows travelers to revoke their reservations. They can get refunds, as well as compensation, for flights reversed by the operator. Passengers can take help from this framework during unpredictable scenarios.
What are Qatar Airways Cancellation Policy Guidelines?
The following are the primary guidelines under the Qatar Airways flight cancellation policy:
- Officially booked tickets via any method are subject to withdrawal.
- Any revocation must be performed 3 hours before the scheduled departure.
- To reverse reservations made through third-party websites/travel companies, contact:
- The agency, or
- Use the operator’s contact details
- For withdrawal long before a flight, penalties imposed by no-show regulations apply.
- Customers can pick the same class of fares as on the initial flight when rebooking.
Is there a Qatar Airways Cancellation Policy for COVID-19?
Although a facility may not be available or active, you can get in touch with Qatar. It can help you apply for revocations while the COVID-19 pandemic is going on.
Which Reasons Demand Canceling a Flight?
There are multiple reasons why passengers revoke their tickets:
- Your flight might need to be revoked when there are unanticipated medical issues.
- The sudden demise of a friend or relative will require flight reversals.
- Work emergencies can be the cause of revoking a flight.
- In case connecting flights get revoked, you will have to cancel your flight.
Is Qatar Airways 24 Hours Cancellation Policy Available?
Most airlines offer a risk-free window to cancel reservations. It is generally within 24 hours of making the booking.
- However, this carrier has not mentioned such provisions explicitly.
- Connect with the airline representative to ask about Qatar Airways’ 24-hour cancellations.
- Contact the operator within 24 hours of booking to avoid any charges.
Flights To/From USA
Although it is not clear about the 24-hour cancellation, tickets for flights to and from the USA can be held for 24 hours. Passengers must make the payment within the given timeframe for the ticket to be issued. As a result, if you no longer want the reservation, you can choose not to pay.
What are Qatar Airways Flight Cancellation Fees?
Passengers are charged a fee for flight reversals. Nearly all fare types are subject to this.
- To be certain of the cost, one must review the fare policies at the time of reservation.
- Qatar Airways cancellation charges are primarily determined in case of requests.
- They are prompted depending on how long before the take-off cancellation occurs.
Are there Cancellation Charges for Multiple Fare Combinations?
When there are multiple flights in a reservation, the charges for revoking flights apply and vary. For unused tickets, the customer is charged for outbound and inbound flights.
Are there Cancellation Charges for Award Tickets?
Reservations made by “Privilege Club” members are referred to as Award Tickets. The Qatar Airways cancellation fee is assessed depending on:
- The departure time
- Membership tier when revoking such tickets
|More than 24 hours before the flight departs||$25||$25||Others: $25 |
|Others: $25 |
|Between 24 hours to 3 hours before departure||$100||$100||Others: $100 |
|Others: $100 |
How to Cancel Qatar Airways Flights?
There are multiple methods to revoke your ticket. The fight can be reversed using the website/application, over the phone, on social media, or by visiting the regional sales office.
Method 1: Visit the Official Website
Visiting the operator’s official website is the first way to initiate Qatar Airways flight cancellations. You can even use this to manage bookings at any time.
The screenshot above is taken from Qatar Airways’ official website.
- On the home page, select the “My Trips” tab.
- Add the following details to retrieve the booking:
- Booking Number (PNR: 6-digit alphanumeric)Or, E-Ticket Number (13-digit)
- Last Name of the passenger
- Find the “Cancel Flight” option and click on it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Pay any applicable reversal fees to complete the process.
Method 2: Use the Smartphone Application
To make it much simpler and more convenient, the carrier provides the revocation option on its mobile app.
- Users can download the application on both “iOS” and “Android” devices.
- Complete the initial app setup.
- You can follow the prompts given after for the Qatar Airways cancel ticket facility.
Method 3: Connect Over Call
For a last-minute change of plans, it is best to notify the operator about the flight revocation over the phone.
- Visit the carrier’s website.
- Click on the “Help” tab on the home page.
- On the redirected page, scroll to the end.
- You will see “Get in Touch from Anywhere”.
- Below that, type your country’s name and hit on “Search”.
- The relevant contact number will appear on the screen.
The image above was taken from the Qatar Airways website.
Some of them have been mentioned below:
|Argentina||+1 877 777 2827|
|Canada||+1 888 366 5666|
|Finland||+358 923 191 110|
|Hong Kong (China)||+852 3002 2730|
|Germany||+49 6917 4899 14|
|Indonesia||(001) 8030160210 |
Method 4: Visit the Airline’s Ticket Office
For Qatar Airways flight cancellations, go to the closest sales office in cases involving unforeseen circumstances and complex factors.
Keep the following points in mind while visiting the ticket office:
- Carry your ticket and reference number.
- Bring your valid government ID.
- Notify the agent about the refund you want.
- Clear all doubts before starting the flight reversal.
Follow these instructions to locate the address of the ticket office:
- Click the “Help” tab on the homepage of the carrier’s website.
- There is a “Find Us” section at the bottom of the new page.
- Type the name of your nation in the box below and click “Search”.
- The appropriate address of the ticket office will show up on the screen.
Method 5: Connect with the Travel Agent
When revoking flights that were booked through a third-party website or travel agency other than the airline’s official website, it is best to get in touch with them directly. The travel agent will walk you through the Qatar Airways cancellation policy.
Method 6: Use Social Networking Sites
This carrier has its official handles on several social media/networking sites. Customers can use this method to ask revocation-related questions and get answers/help.
Go to the following links to find the airline’s handle:
|Social Media Platform||Links|
What is Qatar Airways Refund Policy?
The Qatar Airways cancellation refund policy allows travelers to avail of money-back for revoking flights. This is available for refundable tickets.
Other regulations are:
- The refund is made to the:
- A person whose name is on the ticket, or
- Individuals who made the payment
- For unused tickets, the refund amount will be credited after deducting any applicable:
- Cancellation feeFlight change feeService charge
- No-show charge
- This applies to partially used tickets.
- For third-party bookings, the customer must contact the travel agent.
Note: You will have to contact the operator to learn more about a refund for a “Special Ticket”.
How to Get Qatar Airways Refunds?
A traveler may request a refund from the official website when the ticket was purchased through the operator’s contact center or on the site.
- Navigate to the website of the carrier.
- Click on the “Help” section of the homepage.
- On the fresh page, you can find a “Refund & Travel Voucher” box.
- Hit on the box and add the following details to retrieve the reservation:
- Booking reference
- Last Name
- Follow the instructions on the screen to make your refund request.
What is the Qatar Airways Canceled Flight Policy?
The airline may occasionally reverse your reservation with or without warning. Listed below are a few situations when Qatar Airways cancel tickets:
- For security reasons
- Unable to provide the cardholder’s contact information
- Providing fraudulent or false details
- If the ticket price has not been completely paid
Other additional causes of Qatar Airways canceled flights include:
- Unresolved mechanical or technological problems
- Bad weather
- Other “Force Majure” reasons
Note: The operator may send notifications to the registered email or phone number. So, keep an eye out for them.
What is Qatar Airways Canceled Flight Compensation?
Most often, flight compensations are offered to help travelers.
- But the operator hasn’t specified monetary compensation for most places.
- Although it has special regulations for flights within Europe.
For other locations, you may expect the following services.
For the following inconveniences, you can expect re-routing or a refund as Qatar Airways flight cancellation compensation:
- Cancelation of a flight by the operator
- Failing to provide the confirmed seat assignment
- Unable to stop at booked layover location or destination
- Missing a flight on the itinerary due to the disruption caused by the carrier
In the situations above, the airline can:
- Book the passenger on the next available flight with a seat assignment
- Reroute the said passenger to the destination with:
- Self-operated services
- Or, of another carrier
- Not apply additional fees but can refund when the fare for the revised route is less than:
- The Sum of the original fare,
- Additional baggage costs, and
- Other service fees
- Offer a refund and won’t be liable for other services
What is Qatar Airways Canceled Flight Compensation for Europe Passengers?
The passengers are entitled to Qatar Airways flight cancellation compensation when:
- A flight is revoked
- They are informed less than two weeks before the scheduled departure.
The compensation is as follows in the case of Europe:
- Transport to the final destination using an alternate mode of transportation is given.
- The passenger has the right to ask for a refund for the flight ticket.
- If you have a connecting flight, there is no charge for transportation to the airport.
- Monetary help for delays in reaching the final destination on a new flight is provided.
- Depending on the length of the disruption above after check-in, you can get:
- MealsDrinksMeans of communicationHotel accommodation
- Transfer facility
For Re-routing or Cancellation within Europe:
In this scenario, the Qatar Airways flight cancellation compensation is:
|Distance of Flight||Delay at Arrival after Revocation||Compensation Offered|
|1,500 km or less||2 hours||EUR 125|
|Over 1,500 km||3 hours||EUR 200|
For Routes from Europe:
The compensation for re-routing or cancellation between Europe and Non-Europe routes is:
|Distance of Flight||Delay at Arrival Due to Cancellation||Compensation Offered|
|1,500 km to 3,500 km||3 hours or more but less than 4 hours||EUR 200|
|Over 3,500 km||3 hours or more but less than 4 hours||EUR 300|
|1,500 km to 3,500 km||4 hours or more||EUR 400|
|Over 3,500 km||4 hours or more||EUR 600|
Compensation for Extraordinary Circumstances:
Extraordinary circumstances for flight reversals include but are not limited to:
- Air traffic controller strike
- Severe weather conditions
In such scenarios, the operator doesn’t offer monetary compensation. However, it helps the customers by providing:
- Refund within 7/seven days
- Other modes of transportation to the destination
- Free-of-cost transportation when a flight arrives at or departs from an airport other than the one specified
In brief, the above discussion of various provisions for flight revocation can be helpful for travelers. They may even be eligible for refunds and compensation claims based on the Qatar Airways cancellation policy.
Frequently Asked Questions
To reverse bookings, go to the “Help” section of the operator’s official website.
The cost of reversing a ticket depends on the fare type and time of the request, which can be confirmed with an airline agent on call.
By visiting the “My Trips” section of the operator’s mobile app, the ticket can be revoked.
Passengers can undo their reservations and make refund requests at the airport by visiting the airline’s ticket office.
After check-in, passengers may only reverse their tickets by going to the airline’s ticket counter at the airport.
You can reverse bookings for groups that are applicable to all either online or at the ticket office.
The operator may revoke the flight without any notice due to a no-show in any segment.
This flight reversal policy of the operator permits select fare types to be revoked for free and offers a refund.
Yes, a passenger can revoke the flight and claim a refund from this carrier.
Free flight revocation is available on select fare types which are indicated at the time of booking.