If there are instances where you have misspelled your name or made errors in the ticket, you can face issues like rejection at the airport, not being able to board an aircraft, etc.
The Ryanair name change policy allows name changes or corrections on flight tickets, protecting passengers from identification issues and trouble with the law. Here is an overview of Ryan Name Change Policy.
What are the Terms and Conditions of Ryan Name Change Policy?
The Ryanair guidelines for changing personal information are set with the interests of passengers in mind, making it easier to modify personal information.
Here are the guidelines for Ryanair Name change policy:
- Name changes/corrections are applicable on all bookings, provided the flight must be operated by Ryanair.
- The changes/corrections can be conducted without any fee up to 48 hours before the scheduled flight time.
- It is possible to transfer the ticket/booking from one person to another for a name change fee Ryanair.
- Names must be entered the same as they appear on the Travel passport documentation.
- The airline does not permit complete personal details changes on tickets. Eg- Residence, Phone number, etc.
- You can also request a free change name on Ryanair flight within the 48-hour grace period/risk-free period for the booking.
- If the flight has already departed, name change may not be possible.
- The changes are applied to all the flights within the booking. Check RyanAir flight change for other change-related details.
- Ryanair permits passengers to apply minor name corrections/ changes including unintentional errors/ mistakes without any applicable name change Ryanair charges.
- When a reservation has been made using a trip voucher, Ryanair change name on flight may not be authorized.
- On a verified reservation, a flyer cannot request Ryanair change flight name. When the flyer wants to alter the name after the confirmed booking, he or she must cancel the ticket and rebook a new one.
- Name changes are applicable after RyanAir check in is completed. Make sure to contact the airline to get unchecked and issue a name change.
What are the Type of Changes/Alterations Applicable for Ryanair Name Change?
Ryanair name change policy caters to a wide variety of name corrections/ alterations. Take a look at the type of changes/ corrections allowed by the airline –
What type of changes are allowed under Ryanair Legal Name Change?
Ryanair ensures that legal name changes simplify the passenger’s experience. Legal name changes include changes due to adoption, gender change, marriage, divorce, and other legal proceedings. Add to that –
- Under crucial instances, the legal name change is possible with a valid reason.
- Passengers can request a full Ryanair change name on flight online, over the phone, or up to 2 hours before flight time.
- Make sure to present valid Government issued documents, Identity proofs, and other travel documents.
- Relevant proof must be showcased if the maiden or married name differs.
- For Ryanair name change after marriage and divorce, documents like Marriage Certificate, Divorce Agreement, Legal notice, etc.
What changes are applicable within Middle Name Change?
Take the following details in mind considering Ryanair name change for Ryanair name change spelling mistake –
- Middle names or double-barreled last names or second surnames to book the flight.
- However, if the passenger wishes, he/she can add/ remove/ change middle names on the ticket.
What type of Ryanair corrections are applicable within Ryan Name Change Policy?
Ryanair name correction guidelines allow the following possible alterations/ modifications/ corrections within the Ryanair passenger name change policy.
- First and last name changes can be issued for a Ryanair name change free within 48 hour grace period of reservation booking.
- Passengers can correct misspelled names/ minor or major errors, etc.
- Title/ Suffix/ Prefix may not necessarily qualify for a name change.
- You can correct up to three characters per name per passenger up to 48 hours of scheduled flight time.
- Error in one letter need not be modified.
- Ryanair shortened names/ inverted names can also be handled with the name changes.
How can I request Ryanair Name Change?
The Ryanair name change policy ensures passengers enjoy multiple approaches for name change including the email service, online method, phone calls, chatbot, and airport counter. You can choose the preferred methods for comfort and convenience.
The popular name change methods/corrections are mentioned below –
What is the process for requesting a name change through the Ryanair Official Site?
One of the most preferred ways is to interact with the airline via the Official website. You can also use “My Bookings” i.e. RyanAir Manage Booking to address other concerns and book other services. Follow the given steps –
Step 1: Head to the official website.
Step 2: On the homepage of the website, find the “My Bookings” option in the top-right corner of the Menu.
Step 3: Login into the amount with your “Google or Facebook account” or you can use an Email address and Password to access the flight details.
Step 4: Choose the “Manage My Trip” option and choose “Change Name” option.
Step 5: Enter the correct name to correct Ryanair wrong name/ write the new applicable name change in the fields.
Step 6: Make sure to provide relevant documents like Government ID Proofs, travel documents, and other legal documents like Marriage certificates, Divorce certificates, Legal notices, and certificates, etc.
Step 7: The airline will process the request and update the name once the proceedings are completed.
Step 8: After this, you will be taken back to the “Active Booking” page.
Step 9: You will find the following at the top of the page: “You have made changes to your trip, you will need to check out to confirm them”. Choose the “Check Out” option.
Step 10: Input your payment information and select “Pay Now”.
Step 11: After paying the Ryanair change name fee, you should get an email regarding the updated name on the ticket.
How to Contact Ryanair over the Phone to request name change?
Customer Service is one of the easiest ways to contact airlines for requests like Ryanair Pet policy, unaccompanied minors, and more. You can access Ryanair customer executive to request a name change following the steps given below –
- Visit the official website.
- Scroll to the bottom of the home page to find “Help Centre” under Useful Links.
- Take a look at the available options and choose the preferable choice for a name change.
- Scroll to “Additional Information” and click “Contact Us”.
- The contact details for New Bookings/ General Queries: +44 1279358438.
- Customer service is also useful to gain insights into Ryan Air Seat selection as well.
- The most suitable time to call the customer care representative is as follows:
|Days||Time of Availability|
|Monday to Friday||9:00 AM to 7:00 PM CET|
|Saturday||9:00 AM to 6:00 PM CET|
|Sunday||10:00 AM to 6:00 PM CET|
NOTE – Make note that the phone calls are charged as per the local area rates and the calls from varied networks and mobile may cost more than anticipated.
How to contact Ryanair via Postal Service?
Travelers can also contact the airline via the Postal service by writing a letter and modifying, changing, or altering the wrong name on a Ryanair flight. Make sure to provide adequate information and travel documents.
Follow the steps below –
- Details like the Booking Reference Number can be mentioned while writing the letter to the airline.
- The complete name of the traveler should be provided, mention the flight details, new name, or required correction and attach the attested copies of government ID Proof, Travel documents, and other supporting documents.
- Ensure that the preferred method of communication is mentioned like the email address, postal address, or Ryanair name change number.
- Keep note that the Postal service may take up to 15 working days to respond to and process the request.
- Address to send the Query Letter- Ryanair Customer Service Department, PO Box 11451, Swords, Co. Dublin, Ireland.
How to Contact Ryanair at the airport for Name Change?
Passengers who are not able to request a name change within the 48 hours grace period, can also request Ryanair name change at airport two hours before the scheduled flight time. Follow the steps given below name change –
- Head to the airport timely and share requests for a Name change.
- Provide flight details like the “ticket reference number”, “booking number”, and the “last name” of the passenger.
- Provide the relevant documents like Government ID like Driver’s license, Passport, etc.
- The agent will process the request and require it to be valid for legal name change, name corrections, etc.
- Pay the applicable Ryan name change fee and fare differences.
- You can receive a Boarding pass once the new name is issued on the ticket. Ryanair change name after check in is not possible.
- Head to complete book in with your luggage with RyanAir Baggage policy, etc.
How to request Ryan airline support via Social Media Platforms?
Ryanair social media platforms enhance the passengers’ experience in traveling and ensure easy accessibility to address issues like RyanAir Flight Cancellation, unaccompanied minor policy, name change, etc.
Here are the social media platforms to reach out to Ryan for name change.
|Social Media Platform||Profile Link/ URL|
What is the Name Change Fee for RyanAir?
RyanAir permits passengers to request name changes independently or via a Ryanair agent. Supplement adequate travel documents, receipts, etc. to fulfill the name change criteria.
Here is the Ryanair name change fee to request the required modifications –
|Conditions/Mode of Name Change||Name Change Fee|
|Online via Ryanair website||126 USD|
|Name Change Request via Ryanair Agent||175 USD|
NOTE – Make sure to check the official website or contact the airline regarding the updated name change fee.
Passengers can modify their name details and issue Ryanair correct name on ticket with the Ryanair Name change policy and share their views via various platforms like a chat box, social media, website, and airport counter.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can request a name change with Ryanair for legal name changes, name corrections up to 3 characters, etc.
It costs between 125 USD to 175 USD for a name change with Ryanair.
Ryanair allows passengers to head to “My Bookings”, choose the flight details, and choose “Name change” to complete the name change for a fee.
Ryanair is strict with name changes as the name on the ticket must match the official documents like a Passport. Failure to do so can cause passengers to leave the aircraft.
No, Ryan air name change guidelines state that the middle name is not necessary on the ticket. Passengers can fly without it with ease.
Yes, reach out to Ryan’s customer agent to issue a name change by submitting the flight details, valid reason, and other crucial details to issue a name change.
To request a name change with an airline, you can follow methods like the website, over the phone, airport counter, or through the postal service.
You can request a free name change by requesting a name change within the 48-hour grace period/ risk-free period.
You can request a name change up to 2 hours before the scheduled flight time before completing entry regulations or uncheck the flight to continue the process.
Yes, you can request a name change in case of a marriage change by providing relevant documents like a marriage certificate and legal notice.