There are 2 main classifications of Spirit Airlines seats. With each of them, you can get varying legroom and the space to sit. As per the requirement of certain customers, a custom experience can be expected. With these feature-rich options, such an experience can be delivered.
Knowing more about them is possible through the seat selection policy. It covers the details of the features as well as the process to book them.
Types of Spirit Airlines Seat Assignments
This airline provides its customers with affordable and top-tier seating assignments. On Spirit, most aircraft have a two-cabin system with two distinct types of options to sit. Spirit Air seat assignments can be easily accessible and extend several benefits. Given below are the main types:
- Big Front: As the name suggests, these are the seats that are mainly located on the front of the aircraft. They offer wide spacing for extra legroom. These are the large Spirit Airlines seats with a width of 18.5 inches. Their pitch is about 36 inches. So, the additional legroom offered by this cabin amounts to about 6 inches. They can offer inflatable belts which can be suitable when carrying musical instruments or for the general safety of the passengers. Spirit seat selection for Big Front is not included in the ticket fare and may cost an extra fee. Travelers can purchase them at the time of booking or during check-in.
- Deluxe Leather: These seats occupy a major part of the airbus with about 135 of them. Their pitch can range from 28-34 inches and are comparatively smaller with a width of 17 inches. Hence, the legroom offered by this cabin can be of standard measurement with no additional space. The amenities available in this cabin can be limited to the prices of the ticket fares. The seats may not be of reclining nature but still, be convenient and flexible. Spirit Airlines seat reservations for Deluxe Leather can be easily carried out online or at the check-in center. Overall, this option can be suitable for a quick short distance trip from one city to the other.
Note: To avail of discounts while purchasing seats on Spirit Airlines, you may join its Saver$ Club. It can help travelers to save costs and be the first to reserve flight tickets. In addition, you may check whether Spirit Airlines low fare calendar has any special cost-related benefits for seat reservation.
Spirit Airlines Seat Selection Fee
In instances wherein you do not select a particular seat, the airline may randomly assign it to you. This type of assignment may not ensure nearby options for your friends or family. Hence, it can be best to select on your own when traveling in a group.
To personally pick the position, you may need to pay a certain fee. Spirit Airlines seat selection charge can begin from $5 and go up to various amounts depending on various factors including:
- Travel destinations
- Plane itinerary
- Aircraft route
- Time of selection
Note: Spirit Airlines seat selection costs may increase during holidays or the high-demand season. Hence, booking and selecting in advance can be helpful.
How to Select Seats on Spirit Airlines?
To fly in your favorite seating positions, be it aisle or window, you have to select in advance. Spirit seat selection policy allows its customers to choose online before checking in. A quick visit to the official site of this airline can ensure you the best positions.
- Type the following in your browser:
- Select the tab titled “Check-in”.
- To check-in and view your reservation, you can be asked:
- “Last Name of Passenger”
- “Confirmation Code”
- Next, you can tap on the “Check-in” button highlighted on the right.
- You will now be able to see the details of your reservation. Here, search for the Spirit Airlines seat assignment option.
- You can now select the seats that you like as per the availability of options.
- Make the required payment. It can be done online through the different options available.
- Confirm your reservation details and selected seating positions.
- The boarding pass with all the details can be now available for printing. Download it to finish the process.
Note: The option of Spirit check-in seat assignment can work 24 hours before the departure and end one hour before the flight.
How to Change Seats on Spirit Airlines
In some instances, travelers might want to change seats on Spirit Airlines, after selection, due to various reasons. This change in the plan should not be a problem as the carrier facilitates the switching of positions. Similarly, you can cancel your seat at the last minute without much trouble.
- Open the main site of “Spirit Airlines” and log in.
- Click on the “My Trips” tab provided on the home page.
- This is where you have to enter your flight details including “Passenger’s Last Name” and “Confirmation Code”.
Note: You can access this code through the confirmation email sent to you upon logging in to the website.
- Your reservation details can now be visible. Go to the edit reservation option to switch your seats.
- Select the new seats that you want to switch your reserved ones with.
- Once you finish changing them, make sure to save the alterations.
- To update your changes as per the Spirit seat selection policy, pay the charges when applied.
Note: As per the Spirit Airlines seat reservation policy, if you want to upgrade to the Big Seat after reservation, you will have to pay the difference amount.
The best way to make your flight journey memorable is by flying in your most desired seats. Thus, the option to select Spirit Airlines seats makes air travel one of the greatest experiences for its customers. Further, the affordable prices of this carrier have made it the leading low-cost airliner in the U.S. It can offer several benefits to the passengers as it prioritizes quality and comfort. Additionally, the option to change the reserved options can make it simpler for travelers to fly.
Spirit Airlines Seat Selection FAQs
You can pick your Spirit Airlines seats in advance or during reservation. Both the online and offline procedures can be used to select them on this airline. This selection might come with an additional fee.
As per the Spirit Airlines seat assignments policy, passengers are given a seat at check-in. This is done randomly. There is no specific order in which you will be assigned a seat. Therefore, given that you wish to fly in a certain aisle or window seat, you will have to pick your option yourself and in advance.
The best way to select your seats on this carrier is through its online website. Log in to this site and open the “Check-in” tab. Give all your flight details and view your reservation. Select your preferred seats from the available options. Pay the selection fee, when required, to confirm the new seats.