We understand that every traveler has different preferences when it comes to seating, which is why we offer a variety of seat options to choose from. Whether you’re looking for extra legroom or a specific location on the plane, we have you covered.
Spirit Airlines seat selection process is simple and straightforward, allowing you to choose the perfect seat that meets your individual needs. So, sit back, relax, and let us take care of your travel experience.
- What are the seating options with Spirit Airlines?
- What is the seating configuration with Spirit Airlines? (Map)
- What are the Big Front seats?
- How can I upgrade Spirit Airlines to the Big Front seats?
- How to select seats with Spirit Airlines?
- Is there any fee to select seats with Spirit Airlines?
What are the seating options with Spirit Airlines?
Spirit Airlines seat assignments offers a few options, including:
- Big Front Seat – These seats are located in the front of the plane and offer more legroom and wider seats than the standard seats. They come with a small table, and they’re perfect for travelers who want a more comfortable experience.
- Standard Seat – This is the standard seating option on Spirit Airlines. The seats are narrower than the Big Front Seats, but they still offer enough legroom to be comfortable. You can choose your seat when you book your flight or purchase a seat assignment.
- Premium Seat – These seats are located behind the Big Front Seats and offer more legroom than the standard seats. They come with a small table, and they’re a good option for travelers who want a little extra space but don’t want to pay for a Big Front Seat.
- Exit Row Seats – Spirit’s exit row seats offer even more legroom than the standard seats, but they also come with additional responsibilities, such as being able to operate the emergency exit in case of an emergency.
Note: passengers are liable to pay Spirit Airlines seat selection charge, so you’ll need to pay extra if you want to choose your seat in advance.
What is the seating configuration with Spirit Airlines? (Map)
Spirit Airlines seat reservation offers different seating configurations depending on the type of aircraft and route, but in general, they offer two types of seats: standard seats and Big Front Seats. Below is the outline of the seat map according to the aircraft –
Airbus A319 (319) – 145 Seats – Spirit Airlines is a low-cost carrier that operates Airbus A319 aircraft in a configuration that typically includes 145 seats. The exact seating arrangement can vary depending on the specific aircraft and the needs of the airline.
Airbus A320 (32A/32N) – 182 Seats – Spirit A320s have a seating capacity of 182 passengers, which includes 174 standard seats and eight “Big Front Seats” located in the front of the cabin with extra legroom and other amenities.
Airbus A321 (32B) – 228 Seats – The airline’s A320 aircraft are configured with 228 seats, with 182 seats in the Economy Class cabin and 46 seats in the Big Front Seats cabin, which is Spirit Airlines’ version of a premium economy class.
Below is the overview of the seating configurations with Spirit Airlines –
|Aircraft||Big Front seats||Deluxe Leather seats||Seats for passengers with disabilities||Exit Row Seats||Lavatories||Total Seats|
|Airbus A319||10 seats. Pitch: 38″ Width: 22”||Pitch: 28”-31″ Width: 17″ Under Seat Area: 18”x20”||9||6 (Pitch: 38”)||2 (1 at front and 1 at back)||145|
|Airbus A320||8 seats. Pitch: 22″ to 34″ Width: 22.8″ Under Seat Area: 20.75”x20”||Pitch: 28-29”, Width: 16”, Under Seat Area: 18”x19”||12||12 (Pitch: 38”)||3 (1 at front and 2 at back)||182|
|Airbus A321||8 seats. Pitch: 22″ to 34″ Width: 22.8″ Under Seat Area: 20.75”x20”||Pitch: 28-29”, Width: 16”, Under Seat Area: 18”x19”||12||6 (Pitch: 66”)||3 (1 at front and 2 at back)||228|
It’s important to note that Spirit Airlines is known for its low-cost model and therefore charges extra fees for seat selection, including the Big Front Seats. Customers can select seats during the booking process, or they can pay extra for seat selection during check-in or at the airport.
What are the Big Front seats?
The Big Front Seats on Spirit Airlines are typically 18 inches wide and offer up to 36 inches of pitch (the distance between a point on one seat and the same point on the seat in front of it), which is significantly more than the standard seating options on the airline.
Here are some common features of Big Front seats:
- More legroom – Big Front seats usually offer more legroom than standard seats, which allows passengers to stretch out and relax during their flight or trip.
- Wider seats – Big Front seats are typically wider than standard seats, providing passengers with more space to move around and get comfortable.
- Reclining capability – Many Big Front seats are able to recline to varying degrees, giving passengers the ability to adjust their seating position and find the perfect angle for their comfort.
- Adjustable headrests – Some Big Front seats come with adjustable headrests that can be moved up or down, forward or back, and side to side, providing passengers with additional support and comfort for their neck and head.
- Extra amenities – Big Front seats may come with additional amenities such as premium meals and snacks, complimentary drinks, noise-canceling headphones, and more.
- Priority boarding and check-in – Spirit airlines offer priority boarding and check-in to passengers with Big Front seats, allowing them to skip the lines and get on their flight or trip more quickly and efficiently.
Overall, Big Front seats provide passengers with a more comfortable and enjoyable travel experience, making long flights or trips much more pleasant and relaxing.
How can I upgrade Spirit Airlines to the Big Front seats?
To upgrade to Spirit Airlines’ Big Front seats, you can follow these steps:
- Visit Spirit Airlines website and log in to your account.
- Go to the “My Trips” section on the homepage.
- Enter your reservation details and find the flight you want to upgrade.
- Select the “Seat Upgrade” option and choose the Big Front seat option.
- Review the upgrade details and pay the difference in fare to confirm the upgrade.
- Alternatively, you can also request an upgrade at the airport check-in counter or at the gate before your flight. However, keep in mind that availability for Big Front seats may vary and upgrade fees may be higher if you wait until the day of your flight.
How to select seats with Spirit Airlines?
Spirit Airlines is a low-cost carrier that offers a variety of Spirit seat selection for passengers.
Seat Selection During Booking
If you’re looking to select a seat when booking your flight with Spirit Airlines, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the Spirit Airlines website and start your booking process by entering your travel details such as your departure and arrival cities, travel dates, and the number of passengers.
- On the next page, you will see a list of available flights. Choose the flight that suits your needs and click on “Continue.”
- On the next page, you will be asked to provide your personal details, such as your name, email address, and contact information.
- Next, you will see an option to choose your seat. You can select the seat of your choice by clicking on the “Choose Seat” button.
- Spirit Airlines charges for seat selection, so you will need to pay a fee to select a seat. The fees vary depending on the seat you choose and the length of your flight.
- Once you have selected your seat and paid the fee, you can proceed with your booking by clicking on “Continue.”
- Finally, review your booking details and confirm your purchase by clicking on “Submit.”
That’s it! You have successfully selected your seat with Spirit Airlines during the booking process. If you need to change or modify Spirit Airlines seat selection later, you can do so by logging in to your Spirit Airlines account and accessing your booking details.
Seat Selection After a Spirit Booking
Here are the steps to select seats via Spirit Airlines manage booking section –
- Visit the Spirit Airlines website or mobile app and log in to your account.
- Select the “My Trips” option from the menu and enter your reservation details.
- Choose the “Seat Selection” option and view the available seats.
- Select the seat(s) you want by clicking on them. You can choose a regular seat, a Big Front Seat (available on select flights), or an exit row seat (if you meet the eligibility requirements).
- Review your seat selection and any associated fees, if applicable.
- Complete the checkout process and pay for any fees or upgrades, if applicable.
If you don’t have Spirit airlines seat reservation during the booking process, Spirit Airlines will assign one for you at check-in. However, it’s generally recommended to select your seat in advance to ensure you get the seat you want and to avoid the possibility of being separated from your travel companions.
Choosing a seat while checking in
To select a seat at the time of check-in with Spirit Airlines, do the following:
- Visit the Spirit Airlines website and click on the “Check-In” button at the top of the page.
- Enter your confirmation code or your Spirit Airlines account login credentials to access your reservation.
- Follow the prompts to select your preferred seat from the available options. You may have to pay an additional fee for certain seats, such as those with extra legroom or seats near the front of the plane.
- Once you have selected your seat, review your reservation details and confirm your check-in.
- If you encounter any issues or have any questions during the check-in process, you can contact Spirit Airlines customer service for assistance.
Note: If you do not select a seat during check-in, Spirit Airlines will automatically assign you a seat at the gate. However, this may result in a less desirable seat location or being separated from your travel companions.
Is there any fee to select seats with Spirit Airlines?
Spirit assigns you a seat during check-in at random unless you pay an additional price. Also, it cannot guarantee Spirit Airlines free seat selection and sit among your friends or relatives. Spirit encourages passengers to purchase a seat assignment so that they can select the exact seat they want.
Depending on your specific route and the precise seat location on the aircraft, seat assignments might cost as little as 1 USD or as much as 50 USD.
Passengers can also purchase a Large Front Seat, which offers an additional 6 inches of legroom. Because these seats are restricted, expect to pay 12 USD to 150 USD in advance.
Its cost is determined by the flight’s duration and availability. For instance, a flight from Spirit from Orlando to Louisville the following seat prices were in effect:
|Big Front Seats||52 USD|
|Exit Row Seats||28 USD|
|Near the front of aircraft||25 USD|
|Middle of the aircraft||19 USD|
|Rear of the plane||13 USD|
It’s important to keep in mind that some seat selections may come with an additional fee, so be sure to review the options and associated costs before making your selection. Additionally, Spirit Airlines offers a flexible “Choose Your Own Seat” program, which allows passengers to select their seats at the airport on the day of departure for a lower fee.
With Spirit Airlines seat selection options, passengers can customize their travel experience to meet their preferences and travel needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Go to Spirit Airlines’ website and click on “My Trips” at the top of the page. Enter your last name and confirmation code or log in to your account. Follow the on-screen instruction to follow the process.
Spirit Airlines charges a fee for seat selection, with the exact amount depending on several factors such as the route, the type of seat, and the time of booking.
Yes, on Spirit Airlines, passengers are required to select a seat when they book their flight or during online check-in.
Spirit Airlines offers a variety of optional services that passengers can purchase to enhance their travel experience, but they do not have a formal “bid for upgrade” program like some other airlines do.
Spirit Airlines charges a fee for picking seats in advance, and the cost depends on various factors such as the route, the seat location, and the time of booking.
Spirit Airlines typically charges for seat selection, with fees varying depending on the type of seat and location on the plane.
Yes, you can select seats on Spirit Airlines after booking your flight. Spirit Airlines offers several options for selecting seats, including during the booking process, in the “Manage Travel” section of their website, or during online check-in.
Yes, it is possible to select seats after check-in with Spirit Airlines, but it may come at an additional cost.
Yes, Spirit Airlines allows passengers to choose their seats in economy class for an additional fee.
Spirit Airlines does not offer a traditional business class cabin on their flights. Instead, they offer a premium cabin called “Big Front Seat” which provides more space and comfort than a standard economy seat.