Passengers can struggle a lot in instances of sudden flight change requests. It can lead to booking reservations multiple times for a change. However, a flight change policy is available to eliminate the stress and issues post-flight reservation. Swiss airlines flight change policy can guide travelers thoroughly for a flight change in date, and time or rebook a flight wherever applicable.
Whether you’re a frequent flyer or planning your first trip with Swiss Air, this guide will help you navigate any potential flight changes and ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience.
What Are the Terms and Conditions of the Swiss Air Flight Change Policy?
It is important to note that not all flights are covered under the Swiss air change flight policy. Here are the key guidelines by the airline that assists passengers regarding flight change or rebooking-
- The SWISS ticket number or the plate must begin with 724 to be eligible for the flight change.
- Flight change facility is available on all flights booked via the website, travel agent, or local service center.
- The booked ticket must be paid in cash or via a registered and active credit voucher.
- The ticket must not be paid via a travel voucher or barter.
- The tickets must be activated or registered with the airline to be applicable for the flight change.
- There are certain exceptions to the tickets booked via voucher payments.
- If complete payment was done via voucher, rebooking or flight change is allowed in certain instances.
- The passengers will be informed regarding the swiss air flight change policy choices or eligibility on the portal during the rebooking or flight change process.
- The airline may allow rebooking for open tickets or flight segments online at a given point in time.
- Flight change is not possible to rebook return flights with point-to-point routes (single flight routes) and one-way tickets (Outbound flights) via the website.
- Online changes include swiss change flight date only. The passengers must contact the airline offline to make changes in the origin and destination airport.
- Changes in a group booking are applied to all the passengers and are not admissible to a section.
Exceptions – Online Flight Change/ Rebooking is not available under the following circumstances –
- Booking with tickets with a status other than Open (O).
- Reservations with flight segments on a Waiting status (Status other than OK).
- If the passenger has booked special and extra facilities like transportation of medical equipment, pets under Swiss air pet policy, service animals, musical instruments, sports types of equipment, etc.
- Booking connecting flights with other airlines.
- Passengers who have already completed Swiss Air online check-in.
- Reservations where ticket hast is not issued.
- Reservations where the fare base (Tariff code) does not match with the class (RBD) booked by the passenger.
- Multiple valid tickets for the same route and destination are available under the same person.
- Tickets without Tariff calculations are displayed on the ticket, also called IT Tickets.
- Reservations are part of group or mass booking.
What Is the Swiss Air Same-Day flight change Policy?
Swiss airlines flight change policy allows passengers to make the required changes in their fare on the same day as departure. The key thing is that the change is possible if the fare type or fare rules associated with the booking allow passengers to make changes.
Here are some key highlights from the Swiss Air same-day flight change policy.
- Passengers with Economy and Business class fares under flexible class types are allowed to apply for Swiss air change to earlier flights or after flights than the present flight timings.
- Non-restricted or refundable fare offers same-day flight change for free.
- Under the ‘Swiss international airlines change flight’ rule, same-day changes apply to selected international routes. For more info, passengers need to call Swiss Air customer service.
- The passengers must issue the request as soon as possible to avoid change refusal due to flight conditions.
- The same day policy is not available for codeshare flights.
- Once the passengers check-in and/ or purchase extra services like special meals and excess baggage, they cannot request same-day flight changes.
- When departing from the Swiss airport, the passengers can apply for a change flight up to three hours before the flight departure via the website.
- However, it is important to note that the minimum time permitted before flight departure for a change varies from one airport to another.
Note – The minimum time refers to the time difference between the present flight and the new flight of choice.
What Is the Swiss Air Flight Change 24-Hour Policy?
A free flight change window can assist passengers to make the required changes without penalty or excessive charges. Provided
- Passengers must request the flight changes within 24 hours of purchase.
- No Swiss air flight change fees within 24 hours of reservation. Fare difference may apply.
- Flights must originate from/ to Europe, Canada, and the US.
- Swiss flight change policy 24 hours would be applicable on the itinerary that includes no more than 9 passengers.
- Free flight change within 24 hours would not be applicable on the group bookings.
- The flight must be operated and marketed by Swiss Air.
- You can also request Swiss air flight cancellation within 24 hours at no additional cost.
How do I change the flight under the Swiss Air Change Policy?
Swiss air flight change policy allows passengers to request flight changes via the website, airport counter, live chat, or mobile application with an interactive and engaging interface.
How to apply for Flight Change Through the Website?
You can request flight change via the website under the Swiss Air manage booking tab –
- Head to the official website and click on the “Book and Manage” tab.
- Under the tab, click on “Manage my Bookings”.
- You can log in via “airline ID” with the “airline credentials” or enter booking data using the “booking code or ticket number” and the passenger’s “last name”.
- You will find the option – Edit Booking to proceed.
- You can select the flights on the ticket that wish to change or alter.
- You can make changes like flight dates. Select the new flight option as per your travel need.
- Pay the required flight change fee applicable and fare differences, if applicable at the checkout page.
- You will receive Swiss air change flight details confirmation on the registered email.
How to request a flight change via the Swiss air Mobile Application?
You can apply for Swiss airlines change flight via mobile application as well-
- Download the Swiss Air app from the Google Play Store or Apple iOS.
- You will find the “My Trips” section on the portal.
- Choose the required flight segments that you wish to change.
- Enter the new flight date, time, or destination, or combination of all of them, if the dare rules allow.
- Select the new flight segment, subject to availability
- Pay the required flight change fee and the applicable fare differences.
- Passengers will receive the updated flight itinerary and confirmation on their registered email.
Does the airline allow Flight change requests over the phone?
Swiss air contact agents guide the passengers for a flight change through an easy process. Add to that-
- Scroll the website to find “Contacts” under Customer Support.
- You will find the “Complete Contact form” and the local contact numbers to reach out to the customer executive.
- The opening hours are 24/7 from Monday to Sunday and even on holidays.
- Here are the contact numbers to reach the airline over the phone-
|Canada||+1 833 951 2504|
|Germany||+49 69 867 98 000|
|India||1800 102 5838|
|United Arab Emirates||+971 600595556|
|United Kingdom||+44 345 601 0956|
|USA||+1 833 626 0737|
How to contact Swiss air via Live Chat?
You can also contact the airline via Chatbot under the swiss airlines flight change policy. To process that-
- Click on “Customer Support” and choose “Chatbot”.
- You will be redirected to a new page.
- It is available 24/7 and offers options like flight rebooking, flight cancellations, ticket refunds, travel plan changes, etc.
How to connect with Swiss Air via Social Media?
Social media is a great way to interact with the airline if you cannot connect on the website or mobile application. You can also share feedback, complain, or raise issues regarding flight changes, flight refunds, flight cancellations, etc.
You are likely to receive a response within 24 hours. Some of the popular social media platforms where the airline is active include the following –
|Social Media Platform||Links|
How Much Does It Cost to Change a Flight With Swiss Air?
Swiss airlines flight change fee depends on the route, fare type, and destination chosen by the passenger. The flight change policy has been modified since 2021, thus it is crucial to understand the new flight change fee for different flight categories.
Flight Change Fee – The swiss air change flight date fee and other change fee is as follows-
- Passengers can reschedule or re-book their flights within the first 24 hours for free.
- The Swiss change flight fee ranges between 200 – 400 USD, as varies for all fare types or classes (Except for flexible fare types and classes).
For the most up-to-date information on your Swiss Air reservation, passengers can call the airline’s customer service directly.
What Is the Swiss Air Change Policy Under Flight Disruptions?
Under the Swiss airlines change flight, passengers are liable for compensation or reimbursement if the flight has been canceled or delayed for a long duration. The compensation also included benefits like special meals and refreshments.
Overbooking – If the passenger is denied boarding due to overbooking, the passenger is-
- Entitled to receive care and meals
- Entitled to receive an alternative flight to the destination or refund via bank transfer, cash card, and voucher.
- The passenger can also receive compensation based on the flight’s distance-
|Flights up to 1,500 km||306 USD|
|Distances between 1,500 km and 3,500 km; flights more than 500 km within Europe||490 USD|
|Flights more than 3,500 km||735 USD|
Flight Delays – Under the Swiss airlines flight change policy, passengers would be offered assistance with the rebooking if the flight is delayed by following time period within European Union-
- For more than 4 hours for distances above 3,500 km
- Distances between 1,500 and 3,500 km and above 1,500 km.
- Delayed by 3 hours for flights between 1,500 km and 3,500 km.
- Compensation – The passengers are liable to compensation equal to the cost of the ticket if the delay is more than 5 hours.
Swiss air change flight policy caters to passengers of all fare types and classes to provide excellent travel experience. Some of the highlights of the policy include flight change via multiple platforms, ease of use, mobile app functionality, quick response from airport staff, and 24 hours assistance. Passengers can use the above-mentioned guidelines for hassle free flight change under any circumstances.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Swiss air allows passengers to rebook or reschedule their flight under certain circumstances.
To change a date, the passengers can head to the online portal and edit booking settings.
The flight change may cost up to 200 USD irrespective of fare type and class.
You can request flight changes via the Website, mobile application, local service center, over the phone, and travel agent.
The passengers can get a refund if they cancel their flight within 24 hours to rebook another flight.
The passengers are entitled to an alternative flight to the destination or a refund if the airline changes the flight due to certain circumstances.
Passengers with flexible fare types, and travel insurance, and those who change flights within the 24-hour risk-free period can change flights for free.
The request to change Swiss air flight after check in is not permitted under any circumstances.
The airline updates the passengers via news releases or website updates. The passengers who have booked the flight receive updates on the registered email or on the website portal.
Yes, depending upon the fare type, passengers can make the same day change request up to 3 hours before flight departure.