Volaris airlines offer an easy and convenient way to check-in for your flight and print your boarding pass or receive it on your mobile device. With Volaris check-in, you can avoid long lines at the airport and save time by checking in online from the comfort of your own home or office.
Here is a rundown of the Volaris check in policy.
What are the guidelines to consider before requesting the check in with Volaris Airlines?
Before requesting check-in with Volaris Airlines, it is important to keep the following guidelines in mind for a successful volaris check in flight experience:
- Eligibility – Not all passengers may be eligible for online check-in. For example, these passengers need to request the Volaris flight check-in at the airport –
- Passengers who availed Volaris pet travel service.Volaris unaccompanied minor passengers.
- Passengers requested Volaris special assistance
- Health protocols – Passengers should review any health and safety protocols or requirements, such as mask-wearing, social distancing, or health declarations, before checking in.
Timeline for Volaris Check-in Process
- Time to reach the airport – Reach the airport as follows –
- Domestic flights – Up to 2 hours before the flight
- International Flights – Up to 3 hours before the flight
- Time to receive the Boarding Pass – The volaris check in time international may differ from check in time for domestic flights as follows-
- Domestic Flights – Between 72 hours and 1 hour before final departure.
- International Flights – Between 24 hours and 1 hour before final departure.
What are the documents required for Volaris Check in?
Make sure to present the following documents for Volaris checkin and security screening –
- Valid passport or ID
- Updated VISA (if applicable)
- Travel documents
- Special requests notice in cases of patients with disabilities and Volaris pet policy.
What is the Volaris airlines Check-in deadline?
The Volaris check-in time may vary depending on the departure airport, the destination, and the type of flight you have booked.
Take a look at the general timings prescribed by the airline –
- For domestic flights – Volaris airlines allow passengers to check-in online or at the airport within 72 hours to 1 hour before the scheduled departure time.
- For international flights – Passengers can check-in between 24 hours and 1 hour before departure.
Note – You can check the flight status from 24 hours till the flight departure time and 24 hours post arrival at the destination.
How to request Volaris airline check in?
Passengers can enjoy the methods offered by Volaris for check in and complete the security screening and boarding process timely.
The popular methods are discussed below –
How do I check-in for my Volaris flight Online?
Here are the steps to request Volaris check in online:
- Visit the Volaris Airlines website.
- Click on the “Check-in” option at the top of the homepage.
- Enter your “reservation code or e-ticket number”, along with your “last name”.
- Select the flight segment and hit the “Go to My Trips” button.
- Follow the prompts to select your flight.
- Enter the names of the passengers to be checked in, and other relevant details with travel documents verification.
- You can also add optional services like the sitting arrangement.
- Confirm your check-in details and print out your boarding pass volaris or save it to your mobile device after completing Volaris online check in.
Note – It is recommended that you complete your Volaris flight check in at least 24 hours before your flight departure time.
How do I check-in for my Volaris flight over the phone?
Here are the steps to request Volaris Airlines check-in via customer service:
- Contact Volaris customer service through their hotline or email. You can find the contact information on their website.
- Provide your “reservation code or e-ticket number”, along with your last name, to the customer service representative.
- Request to check-in for your flight and provide any necessary personal information such as passport number, sitting preference, and luggage details. Refer to the check in volaris baggage size and weight for more details.
- The customer service representative will then check you in for your flight and provide you with your boarding pass or send it to your email address.
Note – Requesting check-in via customer service may take longer than volaris check-in online. Make sure to request it in advance.
How do I check-in for Volaris flight via the mobile app?
Here are the steps to request Volaris web check in via their mobile app:
- Download the Volaris app check-in on your smartphone from the App Store (for iOS) or Google Play Store (for Android).
- Open the app. Tap the Check-in section or volaris mobile check in.
- Enter your “reservation code or e-ticket number”, along with your “last name”.
- Select the flight for which you wish to check-in and the number of passengers.
- Follow the prompts to select your sitting preference and enter any required personal information.
- Confirm your check-in details and save your boarding pass to your mobile device or email.
Note – It is important to complete your Volaris mobile check-in at least 24 hours before your flight departure time.
How do I check-in for a Volaris flight via Whatsapp?
Follow these steps to request check-in volaris WhatsApp:
- Add the volaris check in WhatsApp number to your contact list. Or, simply click here to access a web whatsapp link.
- Open WhatsApp and initiate a chat with the Volais agent.
- Provide your flight details, such as your reservation code, flight number, and date of travel.
- Follow the prompts provided by the airline to complete your check-in, which may include selecting your seat preference, entering your personal information, and adding any extra services.
- Once you complete the check-in process, the airline will send you a confirmation message and your Volaris boarding pass.
How do I check-in for a Volaris flight at the airport?
To check-in for a Volaris flight at the airport, you will need to follow these steps:
- Arrive at the airport at least 2 hours before your flight departure time.
- Look for the Volaris Airlines check in counter in the airport terminal.
- Join the check-in queue and present your travel documents, including your passport and reservation code or e-ticket number, to the Volaris Airlines representative.
- The representative will then issue your volaris check in boarding pass.
- Once you have your boarding pass, proceed to the security checkpoint and follow the instructions of the airport staff to go through the security screening process.
- Finally, proceed to your gate, where you can wait until the boarding process begins.
Is Volaris active on social media platforms for queries?
Volaris airline is available on the following social media platforms to address concerns like Volaris name change, check in related issues, and more.
The popular social media portals are discussed below –
|Social Media Platforms||Social Media Links|
What is the boarding process with Volaris Airlines?
The boarding process with Volaris Airlines generally follows these steps:
- Volaris Airlines typically begins boarding 45 minutes before the scheduled departure time of the flight.
- The boarding process is usually divided into groups, which are based on the fare class, loyalty program status, or special needs of the passengers.
- Volaris Airlines will announce the boarding groups and invite passengers to board the aircraft.
- Passengers will need to present their boarding pass, along with their passport or another valid form of identification, to the airline staff at the gate.
- Go to the Volaris counter at the terminal of the airport with your identification documents, your reservation code, and your Volaris print boarding pass, if applicable.
- You must pass through a metal detector-equipped security checkpoint and have your hand luggage scanned with an X-ray machine in order to reach the final waiting area.
- To get around the filter, put the metal objects in trays or your suitcase.
- Verify your Volaris check-in boarding pass for the gate from where your aircraft departs.
- For domestic flights, you must arrive in the waiting room 45 minutes prior to boarding; for volaris international check in, you must arrive an hour prior.
- For a smoother boarding experience, pay attention to the directions provided by the customer support representatives.
- Check your boarding zone and seat number on your boarding pass.
- Form a straight line when boarding starts, and be prepared to show your boarding card and identification at the door.
- The cabin crew will provide a safety briefing, which includes important information about emergency exits, seatbelts, oxygen masks, and life jackets.
- During the flight, Volaris Airlines cabin crew will offer snacks and beverages for purchase or complimentary, depending on the fare class of your ticket.
- After the flight lands, passengers will need to wait until the aircraft reaches the gate and the seatbelt sign is turned off before standing up and retrieving their luggage from the overhead bin.
Note – It’s important to follow the instructions of the Volaris Airlines staff during the boarding process to ensure a smooth and efficient departure.
What are the Boarding Zones for Volaris Airline Check in?
Boarding zones, also referred to as counters for Volaris check in, allows passengers to head to the right area to board the airline.
Here is a rundown for Volaris airline check in boarding zones –
|Boarding Rows||Type of Passengers|
|ROW 1||Passengers with boarding pass and luggage (Bag Drop counter present here)|
|ROW 2||Passengers without the boarding pass|
|ROW 3||Passengers with Special Services|
How can I get the boarding pass with Volaris Airlines?
There are several ways to get a boarding pass with Volaris airlines:
- Online Check-in – You can request check in volaris flight online through the Volaris website or mobile app up to 72 hours before your flight’s scheduled departure time. Once you complete the online check-in process, you can download and print your boarding pass, or save it to your mobile device to show at the airport.
- Check-in at the airport – If you prefer to check in at the airport, you can go to the Volaris check-in counter and present your government-issued ID and flight information to receive your volaris check-in boarding pass.
- Self-service kiosks – Volaris offers self-service kiosks at select airports where you can check in and print your boarding pass.
Note: The Volaris may charge a volaris check in fee for printing a boarding pass at the airport or using a self-service kiosk.
Volaris Airlines offers various convenient options for passengers to check in and obtain their boarding passes. By providing these options, Volaris Airlines aims to make the check-in process as efficient and hassle-free as possible for their passengers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Passengers can check in between 72 hours up to 1 hour before the flight departure for domestic and Volaris international flight check in.
Yes, it is mandatory to check in with the flight with the check in deadlines to guarantee your presence on the aircraft.
Once you complete the check in, you receive the boarding pass online, mobile app, or kiosk counter.
Passengers requiring special assistance, unaccompanied minors, and those traveling with pets cannot check in online and must head to the airport counter to complete the process.
Head to the official website, choose “My Trips” to access the flight bookings and request changes/ modifications, and access flight status.
You can check in up to 2 hours before flight for domestic flights and up to 3 hours for international flights.
Volaris does not specify such charges. However, passengers must pay between 30 USD and 70 USD to get facilities if they cannot print boarding passes.
Volaris primarily charges for excess baggage at the time of check for domestic and international flights between 25 USD to 43 USD.
Passengers can check in viaVolaris flight check in online, via the mobile application, WhatsApp, and airport kiosk counter.
Yes, it is compulsory to show a boarding pass at the counter. Otherwise, it may lead to rejection at the airport or removal from the aircraft.