Volaris is a Mexican low-cost airline that provides affordable travel options to various domestic and international destinations. As a passenger, one of the key aspects of your journey is selecting the right seat that meets your needs and preferences.
Volaris offers various seat selection options, including standard seats, extra legroom seats, and seats with additional amenities.
In this Guide, we will explore the different Volaris seat selection options and provide you with all the information you need to choose the perfect seat for your next flight.
What types of seats should I choose with Volaris Airlines?
Volaris Airlines offers different types of seats depending on your needs and preferences. Here are the available seat options:
Standard Seat: This is the standard seat that comes with your ticket. It has a comfortable amount of legroom and recline.
More Space: If you want more space, you can opt for an XL seat, which has extra legroom and a wider seat. These seats are located in the emergency exit rows or in the front of the cabin.
Upfront Seat: If you want to be one of the first to board and deplane, you can choose an upfront seat, which is located in the front of the cabin. You would be seated in rows 2 to 5.
Premium Seat: If you want to experience more comfort and luxury, you can choose Volaris premium seats. These seats offer extra legroom, more reclining, and additional amenities such as a pillow and blanket. Passengers would be seated on row 1.
Note: The availability of Volaris airplane seats may vary depending on the aircraft type and route. It’s best to check with Volaris Airlines or your travel agent for more information and pricing.
What is the Volaris seat map, and how can it be useful to me as a passenger?
The airline operates a fleet of Airbus A320 and A321 aircraft, with varying seating capacities depending on the specific configuration of each aircraft.
In terms of the Volaris plane seat map, the airline offers both standard economy class seating and a premium seating option called “Volaris” on some flights. The premium seats generally offer more legroom and additional amenities such as priority boarding and free onboard snacks and drinks.
Airbus A319 – The seating capacity of Airbus A319 is 144 seats. It features standard and premium Volaris seat selection options
- Economy Class -The seats are arranged in a 3-3 configuration with a total capacity of 114 standard seats. The pitch of the seat is generally around 30-32 inches, and the width is 18 inches.
- Premium Class – There is more legroom in the Premium seats, which are in rows 1 through 5, and the exit rows. These seats can be reserved for an additional cost. The aircraft has a total capacity of 30 premium seats.
Volaris Airbus A320 Seat Map – The typical seating capacity for an Airbus A320 operated by Volaris is 179 seats, which includes both economy and premium seating options.
- Economy Class – The economy class seats on Volaris Airbus A320 aircraft are arranged in a 3-3 configuration, with a total of 150 seats. The seat pitch, which is the distance between seats, is generally around 30 inches, and the Volaris seat size is approximately 17 inches.
- Premium Class – The premium seats are located at the front of the cabin and offer additional legroom, priority boarding, and other amenities. The premium seats are arranged in a 3-3 configuration, and there are typically 29 premium seats on Volaris Airbus A320 aircraft. The seat pitch for Volaris+ seats is usually around 34 inches, and the seat width is around 19 inches.
Airbus A321 – However, the following is a typical Volaris seating map for an Airbus A321 operated by Volaris Airlines:
- Total number of seats: 228
- Number of seats in Premium Class: 24
- Number of seats in Economy Class: 204
- The Premium seats are typically located in the front section of the aircraft and feature additional legroom, larger seats, and a range of amenities such as in-flight entertainment systems and personal power outlets.
- The Economy Class seats are located towards the rear of the aircraft and are arranged in a 3-3 configuration. They typically feature standard legroom and seat sizes, as well as shared overhead storage compartments.
Airbus A320neo – The following is a typical seating configuration for an Airbus A320neo operated by Volaris Airlines:
- Economy Class – The airline features 186 seats with 3-3 configuration. The seat pitch is 28-30 inches and the volaris seat width is 18 inches. In economy class, exit rows, aisle or window seats, as well as any location towards the front, are sometimes regarded as the best on board.
Airbus A321neo – Volaris seat layout features 236 seats in an all-economy class configuration. The seats are arranged in a 3-3 configuration with a total of 29 rows. The Volaris plane seats have a pitch of 30 inches and a width of 17 inches.
What things to keep in mind when selecting the emergency exit seats with Volaris?
When selecting the emergency exit Volaris seats, there are a few things to keep in mind for your safety and the safety of other passengers:
- Eligibility – Passengers seated in emergency exit rows must be able to perform the emergency functions of opening the emergency exit door and assisting with an evacuation in case of an emergency. Passengers must meet the following eligibility criteria –
- Must be 15 years old
- Not permitted to passengers who availed Volaris unaccompanied minor services.
- Not permitted to passengers under Volaris pet travel policy.
- Responsibility – They must be willing and able to assist the crew with opening the emergency exit door and helping other passengers to evacuate the aircraft safely.
- Restrictions – Passengers seated in emergency exit rows must be able to comply with certain restrictions, such as not having any disabilities that would prevent them from assisting in an emergency or not having any infants or children seated with them. These restrictions include –
- Passengers must be fit and not have any medical condition or history.
- Restricted for passengers traveling with infants.
- Passengers with special needs are not permitted to choose emergency exit seats.
- Comfort – Emergency exit rows often have more legroom than other seats, but they may also have certain limitations such as not being able to recline or having a fixed armrest. Passengers should also be aware that emergency exit rows can be colder during flight due to their proximity to the emergency exit doors.
- Communication – Passengers seated in emergency exit rows must be able to communicate with the flight crew in case of an emergency. If you are not comfortable communicating in Spanish or English, it is best to choose a different seat.
What are the ways to select seats with Volaris Airlines?
The Airlines offers several ways to request Volaris seat selection for your flight reservation:
- During the booking process – When you make a reservation on Volaris Airlines’ website or mobile app, you will be given the option to choose your seat during the booking process.
- After booking – If you didn’t select a seat during the booking process, you can still choose your seat later via Volaris manage booking section. From there, you can choose your seat from the available options.
- During online check-in – Volaris Airlines allows you to check in online up to 72 hours before your flight’s scheduled departure time. During online check-in, you can select your seat from the available options.
- At the airport – If you were not able to select a seat before your flight, you can choose your seat at the airport check-in counter or self-service kiosk.
How can I request a seat during the booking?
The steps to select seats during the booking process on Volaris airlines are as follows:
- Go to the Volaris website (www.volaris.com) and enter your departure and arrival airports, travel dates, and the number of passengers.
- Choose the flight that suits your travel plans and budget. On the next page, you’ll see the Volaris seat chart available for your flight.
- Select your preferred seat by clicking on the Volaris seats map. You can see which seats are available and their location on the plane. You can also filter seats by type, such as regular, preferred, or premium seats.
- After selecting your seat, you’ll be prompted to pay for it. The price of the seat will vary depending on the type of seat and the location on the plane.
- Complete the booking process by entering your personal and payment information.
If you have already booked your flight and want to select your seats afterward, you can do so through the Volaris My Trips section.
How can I request the Volaris seat selection after booking?
To select seats with Volaris airlines after booking, you can follow these steps:
- Go to volaris.com and select to ‘’My Trips’’ option.
- Enter your “reservation code” and the “last name” of the passenger.
- On the booking summary page, select the “Choose your seat” option.
- A seat map will be displayed showing the available seats for your flight.
- Choose your preferred seat by clicking on it and follow the prompts to confirm your selection.
If you have purchased additional services, such as Volaris first class seats, Extra Legroom or Upfront seats, they will be displayed on the seat map as well. You can upgrade your seat by selecting the option and paying any additional fees.
How can I select the Volaris seat selection at the airport?
To select seats with Volaris airlines at the airport, you can follow these steps:
- Arrive at the airport early and proceed to the Volaris fight check-in counter.
- Inform the check-in agent that you would like to select your seat.
- The agent will check the availability of seats on your flight and offer you the available options.
- Choose your preferred seat and inform the agent.
- The agent will assign the seat to you and provide you with a boarding pass.
Please note – Volaris seat selection at the airport is subject to availability, and you may not have as many seat options available compared to selecting your seat in advance online.
What is a Volaris seat selection fee for passengers?
Volaris seat selection price varies according to the route and the kind of seat (Premium, More Space, First-off, or Standard) for a single trip (taxes included). Below is the overview of the seat selection fee –
|Product||Features||Seat selection fee (online)||Seat selection fee (at the airport)|
|First row seat||Priority boarding and disembarkation||24.99 – 27.99 USD||30 USD|
|Quick seat||Priority boarding and disembarkation||17.99 – 20.99 USD||30 USD|
|Extra space seat||Most preferred seat with Volaris||19.99 – 22.99 USD||30 USD|
|Front seat||Most preferred seat with Volaris||13.99 – 15.99 USD||15 USD|
|Regular seat||Cheaper option to select your seat||10.99 – 13.99 USD||15 USD|
|Back seat||Cheaper option to select your seat||9.99 – 12.99 USD||15 USD|
Volaris Airlines offers its passengers the option to select their seats during the booking process, as well as after booking through the airline’s website or mobile app.
While seat selection may come with an additional fee, it allows passengers to choose the seat that best suits their needs, whether it be for comfort, convenience, or to travel with companions. Volaris Airlines also provides additional services, such as priority boarding and extra legroom seats, which can be selected at an additional price.
Frequently Asked Questions
Volaris charges a fee for seat selection. The price of seat selection varies depending on the type of seat and the route you are traveling.
If you’re tall or want more legroom, you may want to consider selecting an emergency seat. These seats are located in the first rows of the aircraft and offer extra legroom.
You can log in to your Volaris account or manage your booking on the Volaris website to change your seat.
If you have already booked a flight and want to choose your seat, you can usually do so through Volaris My Trips section.
By checking in early, you may have a better chance of being able to select a free seat.
The seat pitch on Volaris flights is typically between 28 and 34 inches. The seat width can vary from around 16 to 18 inches.