When you notice anything wrong, the first thing you do is correct it. Often flyers make the mistake of entering the wrong information while booking their tickets. Ethiopian Airlines understands the situation where you need to make some modifications to your name on the ticket. Hence, Ethiopian Airlines name change policy has been established in order to make the modifications in the ticket easier for passengers flying with this carrier. Going through this policy will help you to know the rules and regulations as well as the fees associated with your name change.
Rules and Regulations of the Ethiopian Airlines Name Correction Policy
There are certain regulations when it comes to Ethiopian Airlines name correction policy. The passengers, as well as the carrier, need to abide by these regulations for safety purposes. Furthermore, these rules have been made to facilitate the visitors to make several name alterations without any hassle. Hence, any traveler who wishes to make modifications to his/her name should obey these rules properly.
Mentioned below are the main rules and regulations stated by the name change policy of Ethiopian Airlines.
- Every reservation booked with either an online or offline method can be eligible for a name change on the ticket.
- You can only be allowed to modify your name on the flight ticket in case it does not resemble that of the passport or any other travel documents.
- If you have made a spelling error on your name, you can correct it for up to three letters only. If you wish to make corrections to your entire name, you need to contact the airline’s customer service.
- If you are using the online option to use the Ethiopian Airlines change passenger name feature, you must log in to your account with the correct credentials.
- Currently, this carrier does not allow you any ticket transfers. If you possess a proven plane ticket, you cannot alter your name and revoke your flight.
- In this case, you need to rebook a new passenger’s ticket with his or her correct name details.
- When the first and last names on your ticket have been entered incorrectly, you can easily make modifications to your airline ticket.
- Speak to a live person available at any moment to assist you whenever you want to update your full name.
- After inputting the passenger’s accurate reservation and last name, proceed to manage to book to edit your name while there are simply typos.
Methods to Change Name on Ethiopian Airlines
There are various methods through which you can make changes to your name on this air carrier. These methods consist of online as well as offline processes. The Ethiopian Airlines name change policy provides these two available methods for the comfort of the passengers. It will help them to pick up the method of their choice to amend the names on the ticket.
Described below are the two ways through which you can go for the name change on this operator.
- Online Option
- Offline Option
Even though these methods have different procedures, they both offer the same efficiency level when it comes to name change. Hence, knowing both of the name change methods can help the flyers pick up one of them based on their choice.
Method 1: Online Method of Ethiopian Airlines Name Change
This air carrier does not allow every ticket name change to be done online. Tickets that are purchased through third-party agencies cannot be allowed for a name alteration online. However, Ethiopian Airlines change passenger name feature is easy to use by the flyers. As this method can be accessed from anywhere around the globe, it is mostly utilized by passengers.
To make a name change with this online method, you need to hit the “Manage Booking” feature. Here is a step-by-step procedure of how you can alter your name on the ticket.
- You have to run your browser on the computer or phone and open the official site of the Ethiopian airline.
- You can go through the following link to navigate to the website.
- You do not need to scroll anywhere. On the top corner, there will be an option for “Manage Booking”.
- You will be redirected to the page where you will see all the bookings.
- Here, you will be asked to give some essential details.
- These details will include the last name as well as the first name of the traveler, flight date and time, booking reference number, etc.
- When you enter all your details, you need to press the “Submit” button.
- Your flight will be retrieved now. Choose the flight booking in which you wish to apply for a name change.
- Now, you will be seeing some instructions on your screen. Follow them as guided under the Ethiopian Airlines name correction policy.
- Some carriers may charge a fee for modifying your name details on the ticket. Pay the amount if asked and proceed ahead.
- Here, you will be notified that your name change process has been completed. On completion of the name change, you will also receive a notification about it on your registered email ID.
Method 2: Making Ethiopian Name Change Through a Chatbot Feature
Suppose you need to ask anything about making a name change at the website, in that case, you can use the Chatbot feature provided by the carrier. This can be found at the bottom of the webpage.
Just simply follow these instructions to make amendments according to the name change Ethiopian Airlines feature.
- Tap on the “Chat” button shown on the webpage.
- You need to hit the “Chat with us” feature.
- A message box will pop up to raise any queries or difficulties you face during your name change process.
- On that box, you need to type your concern or query and you will get a reply back from the airline.
- You can ask any queries or solutions related to the name change difficulty you possess.
Method 3: Offline Procedure of Ethiopian Name Change on Ticket
Many passengers who find it difficult to make online name modifications generally go for the offline method. This is also the quickest feature given by the airline. Moreover, using the offline feature, the air representatives themselves will make modifications to your name on the ticket. Hence, the majority of the flyers tend to use the offline method to make the process easier.
To initiate the offline method of Ethiopian Airlines change passenger name on the ticket, you need to contact the customer care team. The contact details may vary as per the different nations or regions.
To find out the customer care number according to your region, simply follow the below-given steps.
- Head to the official website of the carrier.
- You need to go down to the bottom of the page. Here, you will find the Contact Us option.
- On redirecting to a new page, you need to press the customer care service section.
- Now, you will see different contact numbers. You can dial any of the numbers that match your region.
Once your call gets through, you should:
- Tell the air agents that you wish to modify your name on the ticket.
- Give in the necessary flight details like your booking date, time, reference code, etc.
- Let the air agents know what alterations you want to make in your Ethiopian Airlines name format. You can also let them know in case you need your last name to be in the place of your first name.
- If you wish to make a name change on your booked ticket as a cause of marriage or a divorce, you need to submit a legal document justifying your name change.
- The air agent will only confirm your name change request once you pay for any major modifications on the ticket.
Ethiopian Airlines Name Change Fees
This air carrier imposes some fees when it comes to changing your name on the ticket. This Ethiopian Airlines name change fees depend on the time you make a modification. It also varies on which flight route you are selecting: domestic or international. On domestic routes and destinations, this operator charges an amount of $10-$30 depending upon when you are opting for a name change. On the other hand, it costs around $200-$500 for some international destinations.
The Ethiopian Airlines name change policy has been established to facilitate the visitors with the best options to make modifications on the passenger ticket. Apart from spelling errors, it also allows you to change the name format on the booking ticket. It also gives the passengers various options for applying for a name change. Thus, you can go through this policy when you are in doubt about your name change on making a mistake on your ticket.
Frequently Asked Questions
Passengers can make minor modifications to their name using the Ethiopian Airlines name change policy. Under this policy, you can change your name by an online method. All you need to do is navigate to the main website of the carrier and go to the “Manage Booking” section. Choose the flight booking for which you need your name correction and fill in all your details as asked by the airline. Upon filling in the details, press the submit button to continue. You may be asked to pay the fees whether some service charges or change name amount. You need to make the payment and a confirmation email will be sent to you regarding your changed name on the flight ticket.
With only up to three letters, you can correct your name on Ethiopian Airlines tickets. These three letters or characters’ alterations can be made either on your first, middle, or last name. You are not allowed to change your entire name on this air service. In case it is urgent to modify your entire name, you need to dial the customer care number of this carrier mentioned on its official website.
There are certain rules that apply while making corrections on the flight ticket. For example, you can only make name changes when your name on all your travel documents is the same. You cannot make any changes to your ticket if you have bought it through a third-party agency. This air carrier does not allow you to transfer your tickets to anybody under the Ethiopian Airlines name correction policy.
Yes, you can change your name format with the help of the name change policy. You can put forward your first name in place of your last name and vice versa. All you need to do is submit your valid identification documents to the airline. However, please keep in mind that the name format you need on your ticket should match your IDs. For more information, you can always contact the airline customer care service.
For the offline procedure of Ethiopian Airlines change passenger name, you have two options. One is to visit the airport personally and make the name change. You can head to the help desk of the carrier and ask the air representatives to make a name change. Or, you can connect with the customer service team by dialing the toll-free number given on the website. On getting your call connected, you need to ask the air staff to make your name change and also specify the reason for it. Tell them where you want to make modifications to the name. If it is due to marriage or divorce, submit the relevant documents and proceed ahead. At last, wait for the airline to confirm your name change request. You will get your updated ticket with all the modified details on your registered email address.
When it comes to altering your name on the reservation, this airline charges certain expenses. The cost of an Ethiopian Airlines name change varies depending on when the change is made. Additionally, it varies based on whether you are choosing an international or domestic trip. This operator levies fees ranging from $10 to $30 for domestic routes and destinations, irrespective of the time you choose to request a name change. On the other hand, several international destinations charge between $200-$500.