Flying with the wrong name is not permissible under any airline regulations. However, changing names can be daunting and tiring without a dedicated policy for it. British Airways Name change policy is a comprehensive guided policy to cater to passengers on domestic and international flights for name changes, corrections, or exceptional circumstances.
Take a look at this comprehensive guide for British Airways name change.
What are the Terms and Conditions for British Airways Name Change Policy?
British Airways entertain name change requests under unforeseen and exceptional circumstances stated by the airline. Check out the British Airways name change policy guidelines for more reference stated below –
- You may not seek a name change, as well as corrections, when your flight segment is booked with the executive membership travel points.
- The passenger may not be able to switch his or her ticket to the name of another person.
- British Airways misspelled name changes for same day flights may be applicable under certain circumstances at the discretion of British Airways.
- It is recommended to contact the travel agents to make name changes if you have booked the flight from them.
- You can also alter your name directly with the airline on one condition the tickets should be purchased through the airline only.
- The name change facility may differ based on the airport location, fare type, discounted fare, special services, etc. opted by the travelers.
- Travelers may need to rebook a new ticket in the same fare type or the available type class/ cabin if requested by the airline.
What type of name changes are applicable under British Airways name change policy?
British Midland International guidelines do not permit name changes under the General British Airways name correction policy. British Airways provide specific and unique instances to cater to such requirements by the passenger.
Here are the type of changes available with British Airways name correction-
What types of changes are allowed under Legal name change?
Legal name change requirements may arise if the passenger has gone through marriage, divorce, or a legal name change due to other circumstances.
- Make sure that birthdate, person’s gender, etc. are not applicable under the name change policy.
- Make sure to provide valid reasons and documents for name change on the ticket.
- British Airways change name marriage requests may include a marriage certificate and the legal notice.
- Divorce name change requests require legal notice, Divorce Decree, or other relevant documents.
- Make sure that the legal proceedings are completed between the day of reservation booking and the day of name change request before the flight.
- British Airways name change contact number is available for passengers to contact for legal name changes.
What name corrections are applicable under British Airways name change?
Following name correction British Airways are applicable with British Airways for passengers’ convenience –
- You must contact the airline for corrections with more than three characters for unforeseen circumstances on a BD-handled flight (236 Bookings).
- British Airways middle name on ticket is not compulsory on the ticket for flight booking.
- Prefix/ Title/ Suffix may not qualify for name change under British Airways change name spelling mistake.
How to request Passenger Name Change via British Airways?
Travelers can contact the carrier via online and offline methods to make the required name changes. Call representatives are highly recommended to get assistance for a wide variety of concerns like British Airways seat selection.
Here are the popular platforms for British Airways name change –
How to contact British Airways via Official Website for Name Change?
Website support is crucial to connect with British Airways for a variety of British Airways change name on flight booking related and other travel-related concerns.
British Airways Manage Booking can be accessed as follows –
- Head to the official website – “www.britishairways.com“.
- You will find the option “Manage”. Once you click on it, you will be requested to enter crucial details.
- Enter the details like “Booking reference number” and the “last name” of the passenger and choose “Find My Booking”.
- Once you access the flight details, choose the desired flight and request British Airways change name on account or edit my bookings.
- Enter the credentials like new name or corrected name, email, phone number, etc. with the valid travel documents and legal documents to support the name change claim.
- Make sure that you use the exact name as the one is in your identity.
- After the alteration of the name, you have to double-check the details you mentioned.
- Pay the applicable name change fee, service charges, and fare differences, if required.
- Once you pay the name change fee British Airways, the procedure will go ahead for name correction or changes.
- Finally, the airline will send you a confirmation email with the amended information on the ticket.
How to contact British Airways over the phone for Name Change?
British Airways change passenger name guidelines request passengers to contact the airline over the phone to interact with the call executives for legal name changes and other changes under exceptional circumstances.
Follow these steps to connect with the airline representatives over the phone –
- Head to the official website and choose “Help” from the main menu.
- You will find an option “Contacts and FAQs” under the Assistance column.
- Click on it. You will be directed to a new page. Scroll through the options and choose “Contact Information”.
- Click “Other Enquiries” to get access to the telephone numbers with addresses and the email form for further interactions.
- Here are the phone numbers of the popular locations to change existing bookings or other inquiries.
|France||01 86 99 00 01|
|Canada||1800 – 2479297|
|United States of America||1-800-247-9297|
|United Kingdom||0344 493 0787|
|Australia||(+61) 1300 767 177|
|Mozambique||+27 (0) 11 921 0222|
|United Arab Emirates||Abu Dhabi – 00971 2 611 8600 |
Dubai – 8000 441 3322
|Costa Rica||0800 0440 141|
How to request name change at the airport counter?
You can visit the airport to avail British Airways flight name change under the given circumstances if the ticket name is wrong. Follow these steps –
- Head to the nearest British airline office or the airport counter for adequate redressals.
- Once you reach the airport counter/ Grievance window, share the flight details like the ticket confirmation code and the last name of the passenger.
- To request name alteration, provide the full name, email, phone number, etc. with the valid reason for name change – Name correction or Legal name change.
- The representative will confirm the details, check the eligibility, and availability, or may request further requirements, if necessary.
- Present the required legal documents and government IDs to support the cause.
- Pay the name change fee, if requested along with the service charges, fare differences, urgent change fee, etc.
- You will receive the name change confirmation over the registered email or via SMS with the correct ticket and boarding pass to complete British check in.
How can I receive Name Change assistance via British Airways social media?
British Airways social media portals are well equipped to attend to a wide variety of queries like British unaccompanied minor policy, check in, grievances due to flight cancellation, etc. You may receive a response in up to 24 hours when the issue is raised.
You can reach out to the airline for name change assistance on the following platforms –
|Social Media Platforms||Profile Link/ URL|
What is the British Airways Name Change fee?
British Airways only covers certain types of name changes/ corrections under its name change policy. Make sure to present adequate documents and supporting evidence for legal name changes for required assistance with a British Airways name change fee.
British Airways correct passenger name request can be undertaken by the airline for the following name change fee –
|Reasons for Name Change||Name Change Fee|
|Due to Marriage/ Passport Concerns||55 USD|
|Name Corrections up to 3 letters||For North America Call Centre – 60 USD |
For UK/ IE Call Centre – 54 to 55 USD
Note – Make sure to contact the airline over the phone to get in-depth guidance regarding the updated charges and additional fees.
British Airways is known for its exceptional service and devoted facilities for passengers. Use the policy detailed mentioned above to receive the best guidance and request change name on flight ticket British Airways without delay at affordable prices.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can contact the airline over the website, phone, at the airport counter, or via email form available on the “Contact Us” page to change passenger name on a British Airways flight.
You can change last name on the website in the “Manage” section and edit the bookings and add the correct name and submit the necessary documents.
If your name is wrong, you must contact British Airways and request a name change to avoid rejection at the airport counter.
Head to “Manage”, enter the “booking reference number” and passenger’s “last name”, then choose the flight booking, name change, and enter the correct name.
You can connect with Airline representatives at the airport counter and request a name change. Tell the correct name and other details and the airline will process a new ticket.
You can call the airline over the phone to share the request like name change and provide them booking details, etc. to process the request.
It may cost 55 USD to 60 USD for a name change request for legal reasons and name corrections.
You can connect with airlines on the offline and online methods to ensure that the British Airways change name on ticket matches the Government ID.
Yes, British Airways allow name changes due to divorce by presenting appropriate legal documents, travel documents, divorce decree, or certificate.
Yes, you can request a British airways name change marriage over the phone and present the required legal documents for the request.