Several passengers ought to make some errors while entering their names on booking their flight reservations. This can be due to hurry or other such reasons. To help correct these mistakes, Air Serbia has come up with a unique policy designed for the fliers.
Known as the Air Serbia name change policy, it determines all the conditions regarding name modifications. Following these conditions can assist travelers in having a smooth flight. For this reason, having a clear understanding of the rules and regulations guiding this policy can be extremely helpful.
Basic Conditions of the Air Serbia Name Change Policy
To easily access the Air Serbia change name on ticket option, you will have to follow certain guidelines, as set by the carrier. These regulations may pertain to both name corrections and name changes done by the passenger. It is the responsibility of every flier to follow these conditions in order to avoid any last-minute hassle at the airport.
One another advantage of obeying these conditions is that these help in maintaining the privacy of the travelers.
The following are some of the basic conditions established by the name change policy of Air Serbia:
- Name alterations will only be permitted on direct reservations booked with the air carrier. Also, the name change feature will only be available on reservations made through direct sources of the airline. These include the official site of the carrier and the call centre service.
- In case you have booked a ticket through a third-party agency and would like to change your name, you will have to directly contact that respective agency. He or she will guide you over how to make name changes on your ticket.
- A maximum of three characters can be changed either in the first or the last name, as per the policy.
- Air Serbia change passenger name feature does not allow the passenger to change their entire name on the booked ticket. This means that the title can only be corrected and only the last or the first names can be changed on the reservation ticket.
- This airline prohibits its passengers from transferring their tickets from one passenger to the other. Legal action can be taken in case the passenger is caught transferring the tickets to another flier.
- When you want to change your maiden name on the ticket due to marriage, you may be required to submit a marriage certificate as proof to Air Serbia Airlines.
- Travelers can inverse their first and last names as well with the help of this policy.
- Any missing characters can be added to the title of your name.
- Name corrections will not be allowed for free. A specific amount of name change fee has to be paid to the carrier for making any kind of modifications.
Note: For any queries regarding how to access the option of Air Serbia name change on the ticket, you can connect with the airline authorities directly. You may find the toll-free number on the airline’s official site.
Methods to Change Name on Air Serbia
Different passengers may prefer their choice of methods as per their convenience and competence. Keeping this in view, this airline offers two main methods of making the name change. These include:
- Air Serbia change name on ticket via online mode
- Name correction via the offline mode
The online method uses the official site of this carrier while the offline option includes calling the airline authorities directly. Both of these options are equally efficient and facilitate the same level of effectiveness for the passengers. You can choose the option that is most suitable for your needs and change your name accordingly.
You will be required to follow a particular procedure based on the option you choose. Therefore, it is recommended that you understand the detailed procedures for utilizing both these options for a name change. This will help you to save time by accessing the name modification feature easily.
Note: The Air Serbia name change fee can be charged for both the above-mentioned methods. The method of name change does not affect the fees charged to the passengers of this air operator.
Method 1: Air Serbia Online Name Change
The online option can be utilized to modify the title of your name on both national and international flights. Under this method, the Air Serbia change passenger name feature will be accessible 24/7 since the online site will be open all through the day. Passengers can use this feature anytime from anywhere in the world.
Further, passengers belonging to various countries can use this option as well due to its wide scope. In order to edit your name using the online mode, you will have to find the “My Reservation” tab and give your details, as requested by the carrier.
The complete process is explained in the steps below:
- Step 1: Initially, open your browser and key in the official site Air Serbia:
- Step 2: On the immediate top of the website’s home page, you will be able to view a panel of four tabs. From this panel, you need to go to the “My Reservation” section.
- Step 3: Now, provide the required details, as required by the operator, which can include both personal and flight information. Fill out the “Booking Code” and the “Surname” section as well.
- Step 4: Upon entering your details correctly, go ahead by clicking on the “Find My Booking” button given on the right, highlighted in red.
- Step 5: Your reservations will now be visible on the website. Pick the flight to which your name modifications are to be made.
- Step 6: By following the on-screen instructions, use the Air Serbia change name on ticket option to make the necessary modifications on the air ticket.
- Step 7: Once you are done editing your name via the website, pay the required change fee as determined by the airline. You will get several payment options to process your name change fee.
- Step 8: You will receive a confirmation mail to your official email ID after the completion of the process. Check your complete details on that mail.
Note: It is best to use the online Air Serbia name change option a few days in advance of your flight’s take-off. This will help you in avoiding any kind of hassle at the end moment right before boarding your flight.
Method 2: Offline Air Serbia Name Correction
Most passengers tend to find the offline option relatively easier and simpler. Under this option, the passengers will not be needed to make changes directly by themselves. You will just have to inform the airline agents about your name change request and they will further take care of making the modifications.
Moreover, on Air Serbia, when you change the name on the ticket offline, you will be able to save time as well. This method is mostly suitable for making alterations during long-distance international reservations.
To contact the airline authorities, you need to go through the steps mentioned below:
- Open the official website of Air Serbia through the link mentioned above.
- Click on the “Contact” tab situated at the top right of the home page.
- You will be redirected to a new page. Now, here the contact numbers of the airline’s calls in different countries will be provided.
- Select the number respective to your region and reach out to the airline’s agents to make your Air Serbia name change request.
Once you are able to connect with the officials:
- Give your introduction to him or her and explain the purpose of your call.
- Provide your flight details and personal information as asked by the agents. You need to double-check that the details you provided are correct.
- Inform them of the corrections to be made in your name. If there are any spelling errors on your name, let the air staff know.
- Submit the necessary identity proofs and documents to facilitate the process of Air Serbia change passenger name.
- Make the payment of the name change fee to confirm your modifications.
Note: Avoid calling the airline on the day of your departure. Instead, put forward your requests at least 24 hours before the flight takes off. This will make your journey an easy one.
Air Serbia Name Change Fee
The name correction fee on Air Serbia Airlines depends on the type of change you need to make and the time of the request. Additionally, your end destination also has its due effect on the fee incurred. Generally, this carrier charges a fee of USD 23 or EUR 20 to process name corrections.
This fee might vary depending on the method of Air Serbia for name change on ticket you choose to make. Service charges and taxes may also be added separately.
In case you have any queries concerning the exact amount of fee charged, you are advised to connect with the airline authorities. To do so, you can use the “Contact” page of the airline’s website.
In A Nutshell,
The Air Serbia name change policy is simple and effective for visitors to make several modifications to their booked tickets. It allows and assists passengers in making different kinds of modifications to their names. The various methods offered also make it simpler for the customers to edit their personal information.
Frequently Asked Questions
As per the Air Serbia name change policy, passengers can only correct their information but cannot change them completely. The entire name of the traveler cannot be modified. Although the first/last names can be. Corrections to be made can be done in any part of the name. A maximum of three letters can be edited on your entire name.
To use the online mode of name change, simply go to the main website of Air Serbia. Find the “My Reservation” section over there and enter the necessary details. Once your booking is retrieved, select the flight on which your name changes are to be made. Follow the on-screen instructions and pay the name change fee, as required.
Generally, a charge will be incurred on Air Serbia to change passenger names. This fee can be anywhere around USD 23 or EUR 20. However, the exact amount can vary depending on the flight itinerary, arrival destination, time of the request, and type of modification. You may contact the airline to know the precise amount of the fee.