Passengers are carrying their pets with them wherever they go these days. Many pet owners are looking for ways to bring along their animals even on trips and vacations. One of the few air carriers that allow pet transport is Japan Airlines. The Japan Airlines pet policy has been specifically designed to facilitate animal transport onboard. This pet policy has set some conditions for the flying of these pets. Only those flyers who duly obey these conditions will be allowed to fly with their animals.
Basic Terms of the Japan Airlines Pet Policy
Every policy has set some specific rules, conditions, and regulations for the safe flying of passengers. Similarly, the pet policy of this carrier has given a list of guidelines that are to be abided by travelers. The two main purposes of these rules include: ensuring the safety of the animal and solving customer queries regarding animal transport.
In this regard, various questions such as does Japan Airlines allow pets, what the fee is charged for animal transport, and how to book a pet travel reservation are all answered by this policy and its guidelines.
Given below are some of the basic terms that need to be followed by the passengers using the JAL pet transport service:
- The eligibility for making a pet reservation on this airline can only be availed when you have booked your flight tickets through the direct sources of the operator.
- Generally, pets will be accepted as a part of the cargo luggage onboard. Only certain pets will be accepted as cabin baggage.
- Any kind of Japan Airlines pets reservations must be made in advance. This is due to the space availability in the aircraft. The airline might reject any last-minute pet bookings due to a lack of space on the aircraft.
- The pet travel rules on codeshare flights differ from those on regular flights. In such circumstances, the animal safety policy of the other involved airline should be checked as well.
- In the case of any cargo transport, it is entirely the duty of the pet owners to pick up their animals at the arrival destination.
- Passengers traveling with their pets must complete their check-in process at least 2 hours before leaving the reserved flight. However, the check-in desk at the airport will be open till before the flight leaves in case of carry-on pet transport.
- Every pet, whether it is to be carried inside the cabin or to be transported in the hold, has to adhere to the crate requirements, set by the airline.
- These crate requirements have been established by the carrier so that your pet remains safe inside it.
- There might be slight differences between Japan Airlines international pet policy and the domestic policy. This is because each country or region has its specific animal control regulations.
- Providing health certificates and other documents by pet owners is a mandate when flying with animals.
- An additional animal travel fee may or may not be incurred during the trip. This depends on the ticket fare and the arrival destination.
Note: The Japan Airlines pet policy can undergo several updates and changes from time to time. To stay informed regarding these changes, you can visit the official website www.jal.co.jp/ . Apart from queries relating to the pet policy, you can also use this site to ask questions about the Japan Airlines name correction policy, flight change, or seat selection policies.
Japan Airlines In Cabin Pet Policy
Only specific types of animals will be allowed to travel as cabin/carry-on baggage. These include small dogs and cats. However, the Japan Airlines pet in cabin feature might not be made available on some flights. Hence, its accessibility is very limited. To be accepted for this type of travel, your animal must not be too young. This is because the airline does not allow too small pets to fly onboard. It should also be in proper healthy condition.
Some of the other guidelines of the JAL in-cabin pet policy are as highlighted below:
- Only domestic animals will be permitted on board.
- The animals, mostly cats and dogs, should be at least 8 weeks of age in order to be eligible for flying.
- The owner should make sure that their pet stays in the crate or has a leash on it throughout the flight journey. This is for the safety purposes of the pets throughout the journey.
- If you wish to carry animals like rabbits, ferrets, birds, or squirrels, you will have to connect with the airline authorities before you book your pet air travel tickets.
- Certain restrictions are imposed on the carriage of pregnant animals. Similar restrictions apply to unhygienic, foul-smelling animals.
- Some aircraft operated by this airline might not accept carry-on animals due to various reasons. Hence, you can check in advance for Japan Airlines pet friendly flight and then proceed with the reservation process.
- It is necessary to submit the import and export documents of the animal along with the other necessary details to the carrier.
- Animals flying as carry-on luggage will not be considered under the category of free luggage. Hence, a certain fee will have to be paid.
Note: The exact amount of the in-cabin Japan Airlines pet cost can be known by contacting the airline authorities directly.
Japan Airlines Pet Cargo Policy
Most of the pets flying on this airline will be transported as cargo luggage. This means that the animal will be shipped on a separate aircraft, away from its owners. Under this type of transport, the owners cannot directly contact their pets until they reach their arrival destination. Cargo transport also permits animals to travel unaccompanied. There are different restrictions and requirements given by the Japan Airlines pet cargo policy. Some of these conditions are mentioned here.
Precautions and Conditions of Cargo Transport
Before signing up your animal for cargo transport on the flight, make sure that the safety conditions of the JAL Japan Airlines pet travel policy are properly met. Checking your eligibility using the official website of the carrier beforehand will save you trouble at the very last minute.
Mentioned herewith are some of the precautions and conditions you need to take care of while flying with your pets:
- Ensure that your animal does not have any respiratory and regulatory issues before registering for cargo travel.
- Confirm with a veterinarian whether it is safe for your animal to fly in case it has any problems with the maintenance of body temperature.
- Take into account the pet’s previous flight experiences to ascertain the animal’s condition.
- In case your pet gets scared or tense in dark places, it is better to not opt for the cargo travel service.
- Towels and pillows should be carried along with the passenger and must be kept inside the animal’s crate to familiarize it with the new environment.
- Only a certain number of crates can be accommodated on each aircraft, due to space unavailability. Hence, booking a spot for the animal well in advance is necessary.
- As per the Japan Airlines pet policy, the carrier authorities do not hold any responsibility for the health of the animal. It is the duty of the owner to prioritize the animal when it comes to its health.
Note: During emergencies, the services of veterinarians and animal health experts can be availed. However, this facility may not be facilitated at all airports.
Temperature Maintenance in the Japan Airlines Cargo Storage
While transporting your animals in the cargo, it is the obligation of the airline to maintain an appropriate temperature in the hold. This airline puts its best efforts into making the animals accustomed to the set temperature and pressure conditions. The Japan Airlines pet transport cargo policy follows the given temperature conditions.
As a pet owner, you ought to confirm if these regulations are suitable for your animal, or not:
- Air conditioning controls the temperature in the cargo storage area. The humidity in the hold might be a little higher than the optimum temperature due to the influence of the heat outside.
- Before the flight take-off, all the animals will be kept in shaded regions. However, during the flight, the cargo will be completely dark as all the light in the hold will be turned off.
- The air pressure might be set at 0.8 bar on the aircraft which may cause a ‘ringing sound’ in the animals’ ears during the flight’s ascent or descent.
- While traveling in cargo, the Japan Airlines pets might hear prolonged noises due to the wind and other mechanical, and technical issues. Hence, animals with hearing issues should be taken care of when transporting cargo.
Tip: The temperatures in summers and winters might reach their extreme points. Hence, it is best to avoid transporting pets in cargo during these seasons.
Size and Weight Restrictions
There is a chance of the airplane getting overloaded when it bears excessive weight capacity. To avoid such a situation, JAL has given the Japan Airlines pet weight limit. Apart from weight restrictions, there are certain size limitations, set for pet transport, as well. This limit includes the weight of both the animal and its container.
The following points explain these regulations in detail:
- In the case of medium-sized crates, the weight of it should not exceed 7.4 kgs or 16 lbs. The accepted dimensions should be within 32 cm * 32 cm * 39 cm in terms of width, height, and length.
- Large-sized crates weighing not more than 11.5 kgs or 25 lbs will be accepted by the airline. The maximum allowed dimensions in terms of width, height and length are 45 cm * 45 cm * 41 cm.
Note: The same weight and size restrictions apply under Japan Airlines in cabin pet policy. Animals going over the given limits will not be allowed to travel as carry-on luggage as well.
Japan Airlines Pet Crate Requirements
Every animal has to be kept in a crate or a container for traveling onboard. The Japan Airline pet travel policy requires these crates to be designed in a specific way. The IATA has also given some crate conditions which are to be met by all airlines, for the safe boarding of the pets. These regulations are determined to guarantee that the animal travels without any danger.
Given below are some of the main crate requirements as given under the pet policy of this carrier:
- The container must be spacious enough on the aircraft. It must allow the animal to move around freely, turn, stand up, and lie down.
- The material used in the construction of the crate must be durable and made of thick materials. It can be plastic, wood, fiberglass, or any other strong material.
- Proper ventilation in the container is mandatory for pets. This helps to avoid issues relating to the breathing of the animal.
- While transporting animals such as Japan Airlines pet in cabin, the kennel must be leakproof. Further, it should not allow the animals to escape.
- The airline will not give approval to containers whose locks or screws are damaged.
- The pet container has to be properly carried by the passenger. The air carrier is not responsible for providing any sort of help when the crate requirements are not met by the flier carrying their pets.
- This airline rejects all those crates that are completely made with wire or wire mesh.
- Rodents, rabbits, and hamsters will have to be kept in specially designed containers. This is because they might damage a regular container owing to their strong teeth.
- Rental crates are also accepted on this airline. However, they must be appropriately disinfected before the flight.
Note: Under the Japan Airlines pet policy, only one animal can be carried in one crate. This can change in the case of smaller animals. For further information, contact the cargo department of this airline is recommended.
Documents to be Submitted for Japan Airlines Pet Travel
The airline is obligated to guarantee that it is absolutely safe to transport a particular animal via air transport. For this reason, it requires certain pet owners to submit some important documentation. These documents can be medical while others can be legal. Either way, submission of these reports is required under both the Japan Airlines international pet policy and the domestic one.
The list of all the necessary certificates to be submitted to the airline for the transport of pets is given below:
- A valid vaccination certificate is issued by a licensed veterinarian.
- General health and medical reports of the pet.
- Quarantine certificates as required by the arrival and departure destinations.
- Live animal shipper’s certificate.
- Animal import and export certificates as required by the arrival and departure destinations.
- While traveling to the United States, the rules of the CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention) are to be followed. Hence, you will have to provide the necessary certificates needed by the CDC. You can also visit its website to know more about what certificates are needed for pet travel.
Note: All the passengers flying with Japan Airlines pets will be needed to sign the above-mentioned documents at the airport to get the final approval for their animal transport.
Japan Airlines Pet Travel Restrictions
Some breeds of cats and dogs are not suitable for air transport due to their size and inherent health issues. This carrier makes it clear that such animals will not be accepted to fly onboard. In this regard, few types of pets are prohibited from flying. Hence, make sure to keep the following breed restrictions in mind while opting for the Japan Airlines traveling with pets feature:
|Snub-nosed or brachycephalic animals||Affenpinscher|
|Boston Terrier||Bordeaux Mastiff|
|Perro de Presa Canario||Pit Bull|
|Shih Tzu||Staffordshire Bull Terrier|
|Chow Chow||Italian Corso|
|Japanese Chin||King Charles Spaniel|
The aforementioned animals might be prone to higher risk while traveling whereas snub-nosed animals will have difficulty flying due to their breathing animals. Due to these reasons, the airline has imposed the said prohibitions of not accepting them on the flight.
Note: Other than certain breeds of dogs and cats, the Japan Airline pet policy does not allow the transport of wild birds, Cynomolgus monkeys, Rhesus monkeys, or African green monkeys, as well.
Flying With Service Animals on Japan Airlines
Being a pet and customer friendly airline, JAL permits the transport of service pets for disabled passengers. These are the trained pets that offer support and assistance to the fliers with physical or mental disabilities. Seeing eye dogs provide assistance to the blind, hearing dogs for the deaf, and emotional support animals offer comfort with mental disorders. In this way, service pets can prove to be immensely encouraging during the flying of such passengers. Further, these animals can travel for free without any Japan Airlines pet fee.
In order to get approval for the transport of service animals, the following conditions have to be met:
- A training certificate from an official source has to be provided that the animal is well equipped with the necessary skills to support the flier on the flight.
- The pet owner has to submit their medical reports showcasing that they need the assistance of the animal for mobility or other issues.
- A cape or a vest must be worn by the service animal for its identification on the aircraft.
- You will have to keep your guide animal close to you at all times during the flight.
- The animal can wear a muzzle if it is required.
Quick Note: All the regulations of the Japan Airlines in cabin pet policy apply to service animals as well because these pets can only be transported as carry-on luggage.
How to Add Your Pet to Your Reservation?
To be able to travel with your pets, you will have to add it to your reservation. Or else, you can try booking a separate pet travel reservation booking in case of going for a means of cargo transport. There is a difference between making a Japan Airlines international pet travel reservation and a domestic booking. The details of this procedure are elaborated below.
Domestic Pet Travel Reservation
The process of adding your pet to a domestic flight is relatively easier when compared to international flights. This is because the airline exercises some liberty on domestic flights. The step-by-step procedure for making a reservation, as mentioned by the official Japan Airlines pet policy, is described here:
- Step 1: The pet owners will first have to check if their pet is eligible for animal transport on this carrier. For this, you can go through the breed restrictions and crate requirements on this policy or website for detailed information.
- Step 2: When your pet meets all the conditions, call the sales office of the airline. You can now request a booking for your pet by submitting all the necessary details. The booking portal site must be used by freight forwarders.
- Step 3: You will now have to bring the animal to the cargo sales office. This has to be done at least 90 minutes before the official departure of the reserved flight.
- Step 4: The air carrier will ask you for your consent and declaration for transporting Japan Airlines pets. You can find the declaration form at the given link Shipper’s Declaration Form
- Step 5: At last, the payment of the JAL pet travel fee has to be paid by the traveler. The exact amount of the fee will differ based on the weight and size of your crate. Generally, an excess of 50% will be charged for the transport of live animals.
The airline authorities will always be available in case you have any queries or complaints regarding the pet booking process on domestic flights.
International Pet Travel Reservation
The process of booking a spot of an animal on international flights is more or less similar to that of domestic flights. However, it is subjected to a few additional conditions for ensuring a comfortable flight on international tours.
The steps of the booking procedure for pets flying on international flights are explained here:
- Step 1: Before booking the Japan Airlines pet in cabin or cargo service, make sure that you possess all the required documents beforehand. These can include quarantine certificates, import and export certificates, and other health documents as mentioned earlier.
- Step 2: You will now have to prepare a letter of consent to guarantee that you agree to transport your pet. Find the letter at the given link Letter of Consent. Passengers are required to bring this letter with them on the day of departure.
- Step 3: On the day of your flight, reach the airport well in advance as you will have to check in your animal at least 120 minutes prior to your flight. Submit all the forms and documents of your pet at the check-in counter. Also, pay the pet transport charges.
- Step 4: Upon arrival, collect your animal at the baggage claim area.
Note: At the arrival airport, go to the quarantine station. Here, complete the rest of your pet’s immigration process to avoid any issues at the last moment.
Japan Airlines Pet Fee
A Japan Airlines pet cost will be incurred by the passenger while flying with animals. This fee is different on international and domestic flights. Further, the flight’s itinerary, arrival destination, time of the request, and space availability may affect this cost as well. Hence, connecting with the official authorities or agents of the airline will help you in knowing the exact amount of the fee.
A rough estimate of the pet travel fee of JAL based on the flight itinerary is given below:
- On domestic flights, a fee ranging from 3000 to 6000 Yen might apply.
- On flights to and from India, Hawaii, America, Africa, the Middle East, and Europe, a fee of 400 USD or 40,000 Yen can be charged by the fliers.
- You will have to pay a Japan Airlines pet fee of 250 USD or 25,000 Yen on flights to and from Guam and Oceania.
Important Note: The charges given above are only a rough estimate. The exact amount of the fee can be higher or lower than the amount mentioned above. Contact the cargo department of JAL to know the exact charges applied to the passengers flying with their pets.
In A Nutshell,
The Japan Airlines pet policy is one of the most elaborate and detailed policies. It is extremely easy to understand and apply by the fliers wishing to opt for this airline to bring their pets on board. The procedure of making a pet reservation on this carrier is also simple and not time-consuming. Transport facilities for service dogs and guide animals are provided as well. Further, the airline maintains budget-friendly fees and pet travel costs are affordable to all. To conclude, flying with pets is made simpler, accessible, and comfortable by the pet policy of Japan Airlines.
FAQs- Japan Airlines Pet Policy
Yes, Japan Airlines is a pet-friendly carrier that allows its passengers to carry their animals onboard. These animals can include cats, dogs, and other domestic animals. Pets can be carried on board as carry-on luggage or they can be transported in the hold section under the cargo transport as well. However, a specific pet travel fee applies for the pets to travel on this carrier.
As per Japan Airlines in cabin pet policy, only certain animals will be allowed as a part of the carry-on baggage. Moreover, this feature will only be made available on certain flights. However, service dogs and emotional support animals will be permitted inside the cabin on almost all flights of Japan Airlines. The restrictions only apply to regular, untrained pets to fly on this carrier.
To ensure the safety of the animals and the co-passengers, the airline has imposed some restrictions on certain breeds of animals. In this regard, French Bulldogs, Bulldogs, and Brachycephalic animals will not be permitted to use the Japan Airlines pet in cabin or the cargo service. The same is the case for animals younger than 8 weeks.
This is a policy that determines all the rules and conditions that relate to the animal travel on Japan Airlines. The size and weight limitations, applicable pet travel fees, and breed restrictions are all highlighted under this policy. The passengers need to comply with these rules to ensure a safe flight for their pets. Further, the procedures to make a reservation for your animal is also described under this policy.
It is essential to follow both the weight and size restrictions that are given by the Japan Airlines international pet policy. The maximum allowed weight of large crates should be under 11.5 kgs with a size restriction of 45 cm * 45 cm * 41 cm ( width * height * length) For medium crates, the allowed weight should be below 7.5 kgs and the allowed size is 32 cm * 32 cm * 39 cm.
This airline facilitates the transport of service dogs, guide dogs, and emotional support animals. These animals can travel for free without paying any Japan Airlines pets transport fee. However, the owner of the pet will be required to submit a medical certificate confirming that the animal is efficiently trained to meet the needs of the disabled passenger.
The fee for traveling with your pet on this airline can vary depending on the flight itinerary, type of transport, and the arrival destination. It can range anywhere between 50 USD and 400 USD. The exact amount of fee that applies to your reservation will be informed at the time of booking or check-in. You can also visit the air carrier website to know more about the pet fees.
When sending animals as Japan Airlines pet cargo, the crate requirements have to be met. These restrictions are made for the smooth boarding experience of the pets onboard. Passengers can carry crates made of wood, plastic, fiberglass, or any other sturdy material. The crate should also be large enough for the animal to freely move and lie down. It should be leak proof as well.