Incorrect names on the ticket pose a lot of issues for passengers including rejection at the time of boarding or legal consequences based on the issue. The westJet name change allows travelers to correct or modify their details on the ticket to travel with accurate identification details and foster a convenient experience.
Here is a rundown of WestJet name change policy for future reference.
What are the terms and conditions of WestJet Name change policy?
The WestJet change name on ticket allows passengers to modify their details at the earliest if they comply with the given guidelines and inform the airline timely –
- It is crucial that the name on the final ticket matches the official government documents like passports and driver’s licenses.
- Name changes are applicable to passengers traveling via flights operated by WestJet Airlines.
- Name changes are not permitted after the WestJet check-in process is completed.
- Passengers can issue name change requests up to 2 hours before the scheduled flight time at the airport.
- Passengers enjoy a 24-hour risk-free period to issue name changes at no extra fee.
- Passengers can request a formal name change that allows the passenger to transfer the ticket to another passenger.
- Passengers who have booked the flight ticket with a third party or travel agency must contact the source of the original booking for name changes/ corrections.
- The airline reserves the right to request passengers to cancel the flight and rebook a new flight if the name changes are not admissible.
- Changes in date of birth, gender, and title are not covered under the WestJet name change.
What are the guidelines for the WestJet name change fee?
Here are the guidelines to keep in mind regarding WestJet Name correction/change-
- Keep note that the WestJet ticket name change fee for bookings may differ based on the fare type or destination.
- It is important to note that the fees must be paid in the currency of the original transaction including the location-specific taxes.
- A name change fee is applicable for each affected flight.
- Basic fares do not allow name changes.
- Credit card and exchange rates may apply for a name change.
- The service is free for those who alter their name due to legal circumstances like divorce or marriage.
What are the types of changes/corrections allowed by WestJet Airlines?
Before requesting a name change/WestJet name correction policy with WestJet airline, take a look at the legal name changes, minor corrections, misspellings, or other corrections entertained by the airline to save time and efforts –
What are the name corrections allowed by WestJet?
Typo mistakes and errors cause lack of proper identification for passengers and may lead to flight cancellations or extend the inconvenience.
You can request the following name correction WestJet –
- You can correct up to 3 to 4 characters in the first, middle, or last name of the passenger.
- It contains errors, misspelled details, and many more minor mistakes in the flight ticket.
- Prefix/ Suffix/ Title may not qualify for a name change.
What changes are applicable for WestJet Middle Name on the Ticket?
Following middle name changes/ corrections are applicable under name change –
- If you wish to add your middle name on the flight ticket, then you can add it with ease.
- Otherwise, on WestJet, no middle name on tickets can be a problem because it is not mandatory.
What are the Legal Name Changes allowed by WestJet airline?
Passengers can request legal name changes for concerns like adoption, gender change, divorce, or WestJet name change marriage. Add to that –
- Make sure to submit relevant documents like marriage certificates, divorce decrees, or other legal documents to issue WestJet name change on ticket requests for adoption and legal cases.
How to Request Name Change with WestJet Airline?
If you have entered the WestJet wrong name on ticket, or misspelled name, you can connect with the airline online. You can also contact us via the airport counter, phone or chatbot.
All approaches can make it easier to modify or fix a person’s identification details on the flight ticket. Depending on the traveler’s need, he or she can choose the most convenient method.
How to request a WestJet name change online or website portal?
The change name on the WestJet ticket procedure can be completed online by accessing the airline’s website with WestJet Manage Booking.
It allows the flier to manage their flight booking following the given steps –
- Head to the WestJet official website.
- On the home page, you will find the option “Manage Trips” on the top bar.
- Once you click on it, you will find multiple options. Choose “Manage Flights”.
- You will be directed to a new page. You can either sign in by entering the email or WestJet Rewards ID or through “Reservation code” and the “last name” of the passenger to access the flight details.
- Press the “Search” option.
- Once you have the details, now you can tap the “Edit Bookings or Name Change” feature to make the rectification.
- Enter the correct name and submit the necessary documents like government-issued ID proofs, and other legal documents.
- Press the “Continue” button.
- Pay the name change fee along with the fare differences and service charges.
- You will receive a confirmation mail/ sms once the airline processes the WestJet change name on flight request and issues a new ticket.
Can I connect with WestJet airline over email service for a name change?
Email can be a convenient approach for passengers used to changing names on a flight ticket. To access the airline’s email address, follow the given steps –
- Head to the official website and choose “Help” from the main menu.
- Scroll down the site, you can see the “Contact Us” option. Click on it.
- You may be directed to the “Contact Us” page, where you can look for the “Have feedback for us?” option.
- Click on “Send us an email” and you will be directed to a new page.
- Here, you can add your information for the name change or correction. The details will include your personal information as well as travel details.
- Fill in the required details like the type of request, category, more details, the date, and reservation code, and other details optimal details and comments.
- Click “Submit” to process the request.
- The airline will process the request and revert back within 24-48 hours.
- Soon you may receive a confirmation email of the name change or correction under the terms of the WestJet name change policy from the carrier.
How to contact WestJet airline over the phone for name change?
Another interactive way is to connect with the airline over the phone and share the name change request. You can navigate the website as mentioned below –
- Click on “Help” from the main menu and choose “Contact us”.
- You will now be directed to the “Contact Us” page.
- You can call on the number – 1-888-937-8538 for general flight or enquires details.
- You can also scroll down the webpage and click on “Flights and Inquiries call back” under General Inquiries.
- Click on the option and enter details like “Choose a date”, select a time, and enter the phone number. Click submit.
- The airline representative will connect with the passengers and complete the necessary name change request for a West Jet name change fee.
How to connect for WestJet change passenger name requests via the Airport counter?
You can reach the airport timely to request name changes and additional requests like WestJet pet travel, seat selection, and more.
Make sure to share all the crucial details and follow the given steps –
- It is recommended to reach the airport before the stipulated time suggested by the airline to leave enough room for processing the request.
- Airport staff are well equipped to assist and guide the passenger to request name change or correction within the time constraints.
- Mention the flight details like the ticket confirmation number, last name, and other details.
- Mention the request – “Name change or correction”.
- Provide relevant travel documents or government-issued ID proof like a passport, driver’s license, voting credentials, etc.
- Pay the applicable name change fee and the fare differences, if applicable.
- The airline will process the name change request and provide a new ticket and boarding pass.
How to contact WestJet for name change via Live chat?
The westJet airline is well connected with its passengers via diverse platforms including Live chat.
The live chat covers multiple concerns like WestJet flight cancellation, flight name change, name correction, etc. Follow the steps –
- You will find the “Chat” button on the homepage of the website.
- The chat assistant “Juliet” is assigned to the passengers.
- You can chat with the officials as a “Guest” or “log in to the Messenger account” to access flight details and register the request.
- Answer the question asked by the chat assistant like “How did you book your flight?”.
- You will receive in-depth instructions and protocols to issue the West Jet name change.
- Follow the prompts dictated by the chatbot, modify the name, and submit crucial details or documents to proceed with the request.
Is WestJet airline available on social media for WestJet Name Change?
Social media is an interactive medium to connect with WestJet airlines to process requests like a name change, adding WestJet unaccompanied minor service, and other support.
You may request a name change and get a response up to 48 hours before the scheduled flight departure.
Here are the popular social media platforms for WestJet change passenger name –
|Social Media Platforms||Social Media Profile URL/ Profile Link|
What is WestJet Name Change Fee?
The air carrier may charge an extra fee for altering a name or correcting it depending on the location of travel, time of the request, nature of the change, or the travel route.
The WestJet name change fees are listed in the table below.
|Location||Economy||Economy Flex||Premium Class||Business Class|
|Travel within Canada||73-86 USD||73-86 USD||73-86 USD||73-86 USD|
|Travel between Canada and all locations except Europe||73-86 USD||73-86 USD||73-86 USD||73-86 USD|
|Travel between Canada and Europe||110 – 130 USD||110 – 130 USD||110 – 130 USD||110 – 130 USD|
|Travel between Canada and Asia||110 – 130 USD||110 – 130 USD||110 – 130 USD||110 – 130 USD|
Note – Contact the airline for an updated name change fee and other service charges that may apply.
The WestJet name change policy allows passengers to correct inaccurate or erroneous details on their flight tickets, providing multiple advantages and methods of modification.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can request legal name changes or minor or major corrections like misspellings or types with the name change policy.
Make sure to contact the airline via direct or indirect channels early once you realize the mistake. It ensures that the airline can process the request faster and issue a new ticket.
Documents like marriage certificates, divorce certificates,s or other legal credentials and other documents like ticket confirmation numbers, government ID proof, etc.
There are no service charges for legal name changes due to marriage or divorce. Keep in mind that fare differences still apply.
Contact the airline over the phone or via the website. To request a name change, submit a marriage certificate, court order, and/ or divorce certificate.
No, a middle name is not compulsory on the flight ticket. However, if you wish to add it, keep it the same as the passport and in the same sequence.
Head to the official website, choose “Manage Trips”, choose the flight, and choose name change or edit bookings to request a name change online.
As per the name correction policy, the airline allows corrections up to 3-4 characters in the name based on the request and covers typos and minor spelling corrections.
You can request name change/ correction via the official website, over the phone, airport counter, or live chat.
Westjet may cost between 73 USD to 130 USD for name changes based on the routes and destinations chosen.