Being a major international airline, Air India aims to make flights more comfortable to different customers with great seating options. For this, it provides an inclusive Air India seat selection policy with various ticket fares. Additional features like seat change can also be made available.
Hence, if you want to fly with it, then you ought to know its seat assignment and associated map. This is important to make your journey systematic.
Choosing Seats on Air India in Advance
To reserve a certain seating position, you can do so by the Air India express online seat selection option. This feature allows you to select the seats either while making the reservation or after booking your flights. The process is simple and can be started by visiting www.airindia.in. a direct option to select it will be given.
- Scroll down on the homepage of Air India’s site to find the option “Seat Select” present on the right side of your screen. Click on it.
- To open your reservation, you will have to provide:
- “Last Name”
- “Ticket Number”
- Next, tap on the “Retrieve Booking” option highlighted in red.
- This will allow you to access your reservation where you can go to the Air India select seat option.
- Here, opt for the seats and give the required amount.
- You may get confirmation by mail for the new seats.
Note: Air India free seat selection can be available for First and Business class passengers. However, you may have to pay additional costs for the selection on Economy class depending on the destination and time.
Air India Plane Seating Plan
To reserve the seats that align with your budget requirements, it may become essential to go through the Air India seat map. This map discloses the types of cabins offered. With this, you can also know the in-flight services extended in each cabin. Given below is an explanation about the fares and the facilities provided by Air India Airlines with respect to the map and cabins.
- Economy Class: When traveling on a budget, the Economy class can be the best option. It has the cheapest seating options available on Air India. They offer sufficient legroom and standard recline.
These Air India seats are equipped with movie screens and personal entertainment services. Complimentary refreshments and snacks can be served for free along with paid meal services. The cuisines include traditional Indian recipes and other seafood options. Customers in this cabin are also allowed to book their meals in advance. On international flights, wine and alcoholic drinks may be additionally offered.
The Economy cabin is installed with an advanced temperature control system. Better illumination to facilitate reading or working is enabled. You can choose these seats when flying for quick trips or vacations.
- Executive Class: To fly without compromising your privacy, you can select the Executive Class seats. They allow you to enjoy spacious cabins with increased legroom. As per the Air India seat reservation policy, every passenger in this cabin is guaranteed an aisle or window seat based on the aircraft reserved.
The seats are made extra comfortable with additional cushion and plush. Custom delicacies can be accessed. The key benefit of these seats is the priority check-in facility. This includes the provision of exclusive check-in and boarding that can help save time. Apart from this, lounge facilities are available to travelers. You can relax, work or wait in the lounge before the departure of your flight. Flying in the Executive Class can be preferred when traveling for business or work.
- First-Class: Additionally known as Air India Business Class seats, these are the most luxurious options. They can be as comfortable as private jets. This cabin is characterized by 180 degree reclining flat-bed seats. Window and aisle seats are accessible to the flyers.
The interiors are equipped with ethnic Indian furniture, thus, allowing you to experience Indian culture. TV shows, series, and music can be available on large personal screens. Only 12 First-class Air India plane seats are available, thus, ensuring privacy to the onboard passengers.
Exclusive lounge services can be seen if you are flying in this cabin. Dining services include a wide selection of cuisines from all across the world. You can buy your menus in advance. Complimentary cocktails, refreshments, and liquor are offered here. Hence, traveling in the First-class seats can be a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Note: You can reserve an option in advance through the Air India seat booking online process. This can help you in availing of discounts.
Changing Seats after Reservation on Air India
You can not only select your seats but also upgrade/change them. In case you are not satisfied with your Air India seat allocation, you can shift the position of the current one. To do so, please go to Manage Your Trip on the website. Use the option called Manage Booking to commence the procedure.
- Open the main link of the Air India website.
- On the official site of the airline, you can find the tab “Manage Your Trip”. Click on it.
- Here, in the drop-down list, go to the “Manage Booking” option and tap on it.
- You will now be redirected to a new page where you are required to give details about your reservation.
- Upon entering the necessary information, go ahead by clicking on the “Retrieve Booking” button on the right.
- Go through the Air India flight seat map to check for availability.
- Now, you can pick the seats that you want to upgrade to.
- Any amount needed for the upgrade will have to be paid.
Note: You can only change your Air India seats online before checking in.
Be it domestic or international travel, the Air India seat selection policy makes it easy to fly to any destination. It offers comfort at affordable prices. The advanced selection feature too enables travelers to simplify the reservation process.